Author Topic: Car Thread  (Read 643665 times)

Offline WhiteHelix

• KurantRubys Techblog
Re: Car Thread
« Reply #2550 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 14:53:36 »
I looked for that on the MK7 Golf GTI with LED Taillights too, the problem is that the lights are parallel most times.

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2551 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 16:35:16 »
I keep changing my mind.

I'm now looking at a Mercedes E320 wagon for my daily driver next year...
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #2552 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 09:40:56 »
New wheels  ;D

17x7.5 SSR Type-C RS with Bridgestone RE-11.  Love it. 

wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline cloudpost

« Reply #2553 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 10:09:15 »
I've had a few special cars in my short liftime.
2001 Miata - Coilovers, swaybars, Rollbar, Hard top.
1998 Subaru Impreza Wagon - EJ20 stroked to 2.1l 18g turbo
2001 Lexus is300 - NA-T

but i've left that all behind. I now own a 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport with a small lift, big tires, and full underbody armor.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #2554 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 23:08:54 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 February 2019, 19:13:58 by Snowdog993 »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2555 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 16:27:33 »
I keep changing my mind.

So it turns out, due to being a veteran I can get a tax paid brand new car... Which gets me about £5k off a Skoda Octavia VRS. Soooooo that's happening next year.

Have a nice day.

Show Image

That's a kickass number plate. How much did it set you back?

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #2556 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 23:39:30 »
Have a nice day.

Show Image

That's a kickass number plate. How much did it set you back?

Not much at all.  You can check to see if your plate is available first, then you pay for them before they are made.  Since mine are just personalized, it only cost me $44 for the plates and $6 for the registration to be moved to the new plates.  The registration is an additional $20 a year.  Worth it.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2557 on: Sat, 25 March 2017, 07:16:56 »
Dammit... that's awesome.

I guess you can have the same across different states so there's more likelihood of getting the one you want but in the UK they can be stupidly expensive.

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #2558 on: Sat, 25 March 2017, 15:01:03 »
They're so lucky with their personalised plates tbf.. It's a ridiculous market over here.. Even normal format plates are around £400 to get on the car.. some of the short digit ones are tens of thousands lol
KBD75; Alps64 trio; some other stuff

Offline ghostdeini

« Reply #2559 on: Sat, 25 March 2017, 19:27:36 »
They're so lucky with their personalised plates tbf.. It's a ridiculous market over here.. Even normal format plates are around £400 to get on the car.. some of the short digit ones are tens of thousands lol

Do people re-sell the "rights" to a particularly desirable plate? For example, person A drives around with their "bignutz" vanity plate. Person B really wants it, and can offer Person A £1000 to relinquish it?

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2560 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 02:13:44 »

Do people re-sell the "rights" to a particularly desirable plate? For example, person A drives around with their "bignutz" vanity plate. Person B really wants it, and can offer Person A £1000 to relinquish it?

Well usually third party sellers buy the plates from the government who issues them all. Certain plates are only available after a certain point in time so they get "released" at certain times. These third party sellers then advertise on their own websites where you can then search for things that you want in your plate and it shows you the ones they have close to it.

Some plates are then auctioned off if they are more desirable, while others are closed sales. Some plates can go for upwards of six figures, I believe "CAT 1" went for about £250,000.

You can of course sell your own plate privately if you wanted to as well. It's just the government holds all the plates until they get initially registered.

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #2561 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 06:24:00 »

Yeah, pretty much as Katushkin explained. Current plates relate to the car's age, so a personalised one in that format would just have your initials on it, for example, but to the unknowing observer would just appear as a regular plate. I have one on my MINI as I was given the option to choose a plate when I bought the car, so I have CS64 CDS - My initials are CDS and '64' is a year identifier.

The really valuable plates are 'dateless' plates, so those are from decades ago and have been re-released by the government, and bought and sold by third parties. And example would be something like 90 CDS - that would be cool for me as it's my year of birth, my initials, and it could be fitted to any car regardless of age. Something like that (as I enquired) would fetch roughly £7-10k.

Go for even fewer digits, say for example 1 CS and you'd be looking at close to 6 figures. Check out https://www.regtransfers.co.uk for examples of the market. It's quite a popular thing in the UK, although it's also common for people to buy a cheap plate and rearrange / mis-space the digits to read something else, for example Steve could have a regular plate like BB57 EVE and rearrange it to read BB 57EVE - this is illegal and quite tacky, but many do it because unlike North America, we can't simply buy a custom plate that spells a name or word, for a couple hundred £.

I do realise how absurd this all must sound to a non-Brit  :))

« Reply #2562 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 13:57:38 »
I keep changing my mind.

My buddy is a salesman at a Mercedes Dealership he just sold a new 2017 E class wagon, he said the thing was sick, like over 400 horses

Offline ghostdeini

« Reply #2563 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 21:15:56 »

Yeah, pretty much as Katushkin explained. Current plates relate to the car's age, so a personalised one in that format would just have your initials on it, for example, but to the unknowing observer would just appear as a regular plate. I have one on my MINI as I was given the option to choose a plate when I bought the car, so I have CS64 CDS - My initials are CDS and '64' is a year identifier.

The really valuable plates are 'dateless' plates, so those are from decades ago and have been re-released by the government, and bought and sold by third parties. And example would be something like 90 CDS - that would be cool for me as it's my year of birth, my initials, and it could be fitted to any car regardless of age. Something like that (as I enquired) would fetch roughly £7-10k.

Go for even fewer digits, say for example 1 CS and you'd be looking at close to 6 figures. Check out https://www.regtransfers.co.uk for examples of the market. It's quite a popular thing in the UK, although it's also common for people to buy a cheap plate and rearrange / mis-space the digits to read something else, for example Steve could have a regular plate like BB57 EVE and rearrange it to read BB 57EVE - this is illegal and quite tacky, but many do it because unlike North America, we can't simply buy a custom plate that spells a name or word, for a couple hundred £.

It does sound a bit absurd, and I had a good laugh looking through the site you linked. £150,000 for an "ORG 45M" license plate! I'm fairly certain that there's no way you could get such a plate in the US. Each state has a Department of Motor Vehicles and they have a blacklist of "naughty" plates. They will just deny your application if you try -- no fun!

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #2564 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 04:32:10 »

It does sound a bit absurd, and I had a good laugh looking through the site you linked. £150,000 for an "ORG 45M" license plate! I'm fairly certain that there's no way you could get such a plate in the US. Each state has a Department of Motor Vehicles and they have a blacklist of "naughty" plates. They will just deny your application if you try -- no fun!

Haha yeah, we do have certain blockers in place to prevent rude or offensive combinations being released as regular plates - I think things like FUK, CNT, KKK might be filtered out.

But some of the cheeky ones are still available. There's a new Octavia VRS Estate near where I live with V10GRA

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2565 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 05:11:35 »
I keep changing my mind.

My buddy is a salesman at a Mercedes Dealership he just sold a new 2017 E class wagon, he said the thing was sick, like over 400 horses

Yeah, their big engines pull like trucks too. It would have been an old one though so like a 2004 or something, but my friends have talked me out of getting an old car and getting a new one instead. I'm going to sort out my money situation, live as conservatively as I can for the next nine months then start looking at new cars in the new year.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2566 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 11:32:37 »

Holy crap!  That's insane.  :O  I am now very thankful for how it works over here.  Punch in your desired plate, told it's available, buy it for a $15/year premium over regular plates.

Offline WhiteHelix

• KurantRubys Techblog
« Reply #2567 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 17:46:22 »
So getting a new car is officially canceled now. Im gonna get a company car, so no worries more about what to get next and much more cash with selling my current one. Im just thinking of getting an old Volvo, just for fun.

Offline dante

« Reply #2568 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 19:32:54 »
I know some of you will consider it a peasants car but what do you think of the Kia Forte 5 SX (1.6 Turbo w/ Dual Clutch Auto)?

I'm thinking of selling my Volvo C30 pretty soon.  After 5 years I've come to the conclusion that the manual transmission they put in this car is CRAP.  Getrag may be many things to many people but I hate how the M66 was implemented in this car. :(

(After driving a Honda S2000 every manual gearbox feels inferior to me...)

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #2569 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 23:38:35 »
I know some of you will consider it a peasants car but what do you think of the Kia Forte 5 SX (1.6 Turbo w/ Dual Clutch Auto)?

I'm thinking of selling my Volvo C30 pretty soon.  After 5 years I've come to the conclusion that the manual transmission they put in this car is CRAP.  Getrag may be many things to many people but I hate how the M66 was implemented in this car. :(

A couple years ago anyone that even hinted at buying a Kia was laughed out of the room. In fact was that not the first rule of buying a car.... never buy a Kia.

But **** they have picked up their game over like last 5 years and the SX version seems pretty ****ing good. Kinda like a focus but not. Don't they have like a long ass warranty also?  Maybe that is just Australia.

If I had a teenage daughter, I would consider buying it for her.

Offline dante

« Reply #2570 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 08:35:57 »

But **** they have picked up their game over like last 5 years and the SX version seems pretty ****ing good. Kinda like a focus but not. Don't they have like a long ass warranty also?  Maybe that is just Australia.

Yes they have a long warranty here too in the US.  The other car that has me interested is the 2018 Hyundai Elantra GT Sport.  My big pet peeve with that car is the taobao tablet looking display - my same gripe with the Mazda 3.

I'm just looking for a sporty hatch in the middle.  To use VW as an example something in between the Golf and GTI but leaning more towards the GTI.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2571 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 17:04:08 »
New wheels  ;D

Show Image

Always did have a soft spot for Type-C's.  Looks great.  :thumb:

Haven't posted in here in a while but I'm converting my car back to stock and going to turn it in tonight.  Goodbye S3 and hello S4.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2572 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 17:29:31 »
Hi guys, I'm a big car / bike fan too. I've had a few interesting cars including a couple VW's, couple Japanese imports, then a series of 'normal' company cars. My current car is an F56 MINI Cooper S:

Show Image

Show Image

God damn I'm jealous.

F56S is on my list of cars I love and will have the chance to own. It has been moved down for now though, currently crushing on the Golf 7R. Unfortunately that'd cost to much even after 1 year of driving (insurance at 19 with 1 years experience will **** me), so my current crush and potential next car is a Polo GTI (15+). I wish I could change it now, but only owned my Polo 1.4 for 4 months :))

Haven't posted in here in a while but I'm converting my car back to stock and going to turn it in tonight.  Goodbye S3 and hello S4.

Show Image

...is that your S3? So nice :eek:

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #2573 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 19:52:34 »
New wheels  ;D

Show Image

Show Image

Got some Michelin Pilot sports?  I have some on my E46.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline ntw

« Reply #2574 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 01:04:11 »
Hi guys, I'm a big car / bike fan too. I've had a few interesting cars including a couple VW's, couple Japanese imports, then a series of 'normal' company cars. My current car is an F56 MINI Cooper S:

Show Image

Show Image

God damn I'm jealous.

F56S is on my list of cars I love and will have the chance to own. It has been moved down for now though, currently crushing on the Golf 7R. Unfortunately that'd cost to much even after 1 year of driving (insurance at 19 with 1 years experience will **** me), so my current crush and potential next car is a Polo GTI (15+). I wish I could change it now, but only owned my Polo 1.4 for 4 months :))

Show Image

just run a few more groupbuys and you can afford it bro
Wishlist: Hungrkey, Creamsicle Skullthulhu, MDMAver Skullthulhu, Goo, Taka

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2575 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 01:32:42 »

Thanks!  It was my S3, yup.  Rocking a 2018 S4 now.  It needs mods.  Badly. :))

Got some Michelin Pilot sports?  I have some on my E46.

Yeah, I love PSS's for daily driving.  I'm probably going to try and snag some PS4's for the S4...once I decide on new wheels.

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #2576 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 04:34:26 »

Show Image

Show Image

God damn I'm jealous.

Ah thanks man, yeah the Golf R is a great car! My first couple of cars were Polos, great little runarounds.

Eventually I want to track down a Mk3 Polo G40 and restore restomod it. It's the rare, fast version of the first car I owned, 1.3 Supercharged, no PAS, ABS, LSD  :cool:

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2577 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 08:09:32 »

Thanks!  It was my S3, yup.  Rocking a 2018 S4 now.  It needs mods.  Badly. :))

Need some pictures badly too ;)

Ah thanks man, yeah the Golf R is a great car! My first couple of cars were Polos, great little runarounds.

Eventually I want to track down a Mk3 Polo G40 and restore restomod it. It's the rare, fast version of the first car I owned, 1.3 Supercharged, no PAS, ABS, LSD  :cool:

Show Image

The Polo is great, but god is it slow. I was overtaken by a Peugeot RCZ the other week when I was flat in 2nd, made me a little sad.

Hopefully something like this, looks amazing :eek:

Offline dante

« Reply #2578 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 08:41:12 »
I'm sad we didn't get the VW Lupo GTI in North America.  Even if it was only offered for Canada I would have driven there just for a test drive.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2579 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 09:15:27 »
****. I just looked at insurance for 1 years driving/NCB for the Golf 7R. It was a mistake.

So the Polo GTI with 8k miles and no black box is £3,800. Not bad. The Golf 7R though... £4,200.

Apart from the 7R being £10k more expensive, the insurance is stupid close and I don't think I should consider it. Let's see if I can save enough to get the 7R in December.

I always excite myself like this, damn it. :'(

EDIT: Just looked at insurance prices for right now - £7,300. So is waiting 8 months worth saving £3,000? Sigh.

I'm sad we didn't get the VW Lupo GTI in North America.  Even if it was only offered for Canada I would have driven there just for a test drive.

That's one bubbly car.
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 April 2017, 09:44:23 by xondat »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2580 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 13:01:44 »
New wheels  ;D

Show Image

Show Image

Yeeeees, YEEEEEES

I'm so jealous. Looks fantastic. What colour?

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #2581 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 15:02:16 »

I'd love a Lupo GTi. They have a following but I still think they're a seriously underrated little hatch. Arguably closer to the ethos of the original Golf GTi than the Mk3 onwards.

I was close to buying the Polo GTi of the same era. Cheaper than the Lupo, same engine but a bit less 'special' and pedal boxes notoriously made of chocolate..

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #2582 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 15:48:18 »
Mah Avensis 2008 1.8 Sport Station:

167421-0

167423-1

167425-2

167427-3
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2583 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 09:42:15 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Are you a taxi driver?  :)) Literally the only people who have those cars in the UK are taxi drivers hah.

But on a serious note, do you like it?

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #2584 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 11:44:06 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Are you a taxi driver?  :)) Literally the only people who have those cars in the UK are taxi drivers hah.

But on a serious note, do you like it?

No, I'm not. It's an AWESOME car. I do a lot of highway and the car is very comfortable and easy to drive. I typically drive 300km in one stretch (that's like across the Netherlands almost, a long stretch for Dutchies) and I just step out the car and don't feel tired at all. No matter whether it's freezing, snowing, or raining.

The audio is very very good, crisp highs and intense bass.

The chairs are amazing. They give lower back support, which is really great if you go on longer trips.

This car has everything: retractable door mirrors, automatically dimmed back mirror, mist lamps, tinted glass, rain sensor, mirror defrost, 2 zone climate control, front + back park assistant, automatic handbrake hold (5 sec when you press brake pedal deep in).

Problem is if I go out for a new car in a few years I only want more...
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #2585 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 13:53:08 »
I think that I'll join this thread.  I recently did my American duty and bought a pick up truck.  More details forthcoming when I am not on the crapper.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2586 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 15:36:25 »
I think that I'll join this thread.  I recently did my American duty and bought a pick up truck.  More details forthcoming when I am not on the crapper.

Ooooh, what did you get?

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2587 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 15:45:11 »
Also, I forgot to post pics of an outing with two friends a while back...

Fun times.

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #2588 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 17:24:21 »

Ooooh, what did you get?

I got one of the most basic 4x4 pick-ups trucks that I could get, a white GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab with regular-sized bed.  One row, no fancy options, nothing, just a truck 4x4 and a good-sized bed.  I wanted to haul stuff and go off-road, basically.  It's so basic and boring, but gets the job done.

I originally was looking into fuel efficient, kinda-sporty hatchbacks like the Mazda 3, but decided to look for something that could take me off road after a trip to Big Bend National Park on the Texas-Mexico border.  I stared longingly at those dirt roads and wanted to explore them to my heart's delight and always enjoyed a bit of off-road adventure.  I don't drive that much, so that's how I rationalized getting something with crap gas mileage. 

I think this is the only picture I have of the truck at the moment.  I helped a friend haul a hot tub this weekend.

167596-0
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 May 2017, 17:28:11 by vivalarevolución »

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2589 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 19:21:32 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Fun times.

V10 Plus?

I'd love to drive an R8, the most experience I've had is starting and revving one.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2590 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 19:44:38 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Fun times.

V10 Plus, 350Z, and the Mk2? Bit of variety there! :))

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2591 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 20:47:15 »
Yeah, we are a trio with eclectic tastes :D

It is a very nice car. Unfortunately he wants to sell it already which kinda sucks. When I went with him to pick it up I got to drive his Porsche Macan back which was pretty good. Made a change being able to just put my foot down and go relatively fast hah.

I've not had a go in it but I just posed for some photos in a nice location :)

More
I got one of the most basic 4x4 pick-ups trucks that I could get, a white GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab with regular-sized bed.  One row, no fancy options, nothing, just a truck 4x4 and a good-sized bed.  I wanted to haul stuff and go off-road, basically.  It's so basic and boring, but gets the job done.

I originally was looking into fuel efficient, kinda-sporty hatchbacks like the Mazda 3, but decided to look for something that could take me off road after a trip to Big Bend National Park on the Texas-Mexico border.  I stared longingly at those dirt roads and wanted to explore them to my heart's delight and always enjoyed a bit of off-road adventure.  I don't drive that much, so that's how I rationalized getting something with crap gas mileage. 

I think this is the only picture I have of the truck at the moment.  I helped a friend haul a hot tub this weekend.

(Attachment Link)

Well it's good to have a practical vehicle! I'm sure you will find a lot of stuff you can do with it that you wouldn't be able to do in a sedan or hatchback :D Pickups are cool though man, I sometimes with I had one, I really like the VW one they do.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2592 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 22:45:44 »
Unfortunately he wants to sell it already which kinda sucks.

What's he replacing it with?
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2593 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 23:58:35 »

It's anyone's guess. Before he had a GTR, he wanted to get a GT3 but Porsche wouldn't sell him one and now he just wants a big house so needs the cash. We will see.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2594 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 00:05:19 »

It's anyone's guess. Before he had a GTR, he wanted to get a GT3 but Porsche wouldn't sell him one and now he just wants a big house so needs the cash. We will see.

Which GTR? I'd guess R35 but you never know

The new GT3 is awesome but the dealer markups are insane and I've heard that ordering one can be tricky.

Cars > house

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2595 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 00:48:13 »
Yeeeees, YEEEEEES

I'm so jealous. Looks fantastic. What colour?

Ended up picking up a new 2018 S4 in mythos black with magma red interior.  A combo I've been wanting for a while.  It's getting lowered with sways and some endlinks this Friday.  Looking into ordering some wheels once we figure out offset and tire size I want to run... :rolleyes:

Also, the virtual cockpit in this thing is amazing.  It's going to ruin dashes for me. :'(

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Fun times.

Love love love R8's.  I would daily the **** out of one.

(Attachment Link)

I was actually looking into getting some sort of truck/SUV/crossover type of thing.  Sometimes I just want to bomb through the roads without caring about what I hit.  And hauling stuff around is so damn useful.  One day...one day I will have multiple cars and one will be a badass truck on some tiny bronze TE37's with massive rubber.

Soooo, how is the gas mileage on this?  :))

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #2596 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 01:12:53 »

Ooooh, what did you get?

(Attachment Link)

It's definitely handy to have a truck around.
I miss my 2002 Lightning .
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #2597 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 03:30:36 »

He'll struggle to get a 991.2 GT3, the current books are probably full even if he's an existing customer from the Macan purchase. It's a right game to get your name down for a limited Porsche nowadays.

His best bet would be to state his interest for a used 991.1 GT3, as I imagine a few will be coming into dealerships when customers trade their back in for a new 991.2.

I love 911's, I just want an old aircooled one

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #2598 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 12:42:46 »

I was actually looking into getting some sort of truck/SUV/crossover type of thing.  Sometimes I just want to bomb through the roads without caring about what I hit.  And hauling stuff around is so damn useful.  One day...one day I will have multiple cars and one will be a badass truck on some tiny bronze TE37's with massive rubber.

Soooo, how is the gas mileage on this?  :))

The gas mileage is surprisingly good.  If you watch your speed and driving characteristics, I get 25 mpg   staying below 60 mph on a two-lane highway.  On the freeway, it's more like 22-23 mpg.  Around town, it sucks.  Towing that hot tub, I still got 18 mpg overall.

They programmed the transmission and added some cylinder shutoff mechanism to the engine in order to maximize gas mileage.  Unless you mash the gas pedal, it's like driving a sled. But I don't care too much, cities generally suck for driving.

And, dude, the best part about a truck is you can drive over anything and not care a bit.  I'm mashing through potholes and puddles, going over curbs, cruising up beat up alleyways.  If I had a little hatchback, my heart would jump every time I hit a Midwest-sized pothole.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2599 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 09:01:32 »
He did have an R35. He actually had two but his more recent one was nicer.

Well he was told that he would get one when he missed out on the last generation, but now apparently the rules have changed so he was **** out of luck. He has now got rid of his R8, so i've no ****ing idea what's going on with him hahaha.

I'm so glad you got a dark one Sent, did you give your red one back to your dealer or did you have to sell it? I look forward to progress shots :D