Author Topic: [GB] KAT Atlantis  (Read 125593 times)

Offline Rensuya

• Blue is my spirit animal
    • Link to the discord!
[GB] KAT Atlantis
« on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 23:31:49 »

Current Shipping ETA: Q1 2021

From the darkest depths of the ocean,
I bring you the lost city of Atlantis or if you will "KATlantis"
We are officially live, click here to join the Groupbuy!

US: Cannonkeys

EU: MyKeyboard

Oceania: DailyClack

Asia: zFrontier

Canada: Desk Hero

Satisfaction 75 | Upas

M60A Lake | Rama

Navy Chimera 65 | Upas

Grey Chimera 65 | Upas

Planck

Deskmats

Atlantis X Rama

Kits

Special Thanks

Collaboration/feedback: Upas
Renders: Abec13
Novelties: Hisui
Help with Greek legends: OCM
Deskmat: OCM

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=102423.0][img]https://i.imgur.com/fVipJyh.png[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 March 2021, 15:28:13 by Rensuya »

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
Re: [GB] KAT Atlantis
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 23:32:02 »
Reserved

Offline Rilow

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 11:17:37 »
I've waited for this. Ordered alphas, icon mods and north kits.

People will regret not getting this.

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 11:24:38 »
The cannonkeys link is wrong - it points to GMK peaches and cream.

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 11:31:39 »
The cannonkeys link is wrong - it points to GMK peaches and cream.
Fixed  :thumb:

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 12:07:25 »
Ordered way too much, got the greek alphas instead of the regular alphas to go with the theme, not sure if i should get them also :/

Offline Vizir

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 13:07:00 »
Ordered way too much, got the greek alphas instead of the regular alphas to go with the theme, not sure if i should get them also :/
Greek alphas > alphas :)

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Offline rewke

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 14:18:42 »
Woohoo! Can't wait until these deliver; I might die from anticipation before October rolls around.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 14:39:42 »
Greek alphas > alphas :)

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Haha. Def how I'm feeling. Have plenty of English alpha sets. Feel like Greek on this is cool. Just like base Perestroika.

Offline jchw

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 19:12:45 »
How long will the GB run? I couldn't find any dates mentioned. Maybe I"m just blind

Offline S2_CG

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 19:41:29 »
Joined, those colors are just awesome. Nice set Rensuya!

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 19:41:47 »
How long will the GB run? I couldn't find any dates mentioned. Maybe I"m just blind

Until the end of the month just like all Cannon Keys sets. I think only a couple of mod-only sets haven't followed that pattern.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 21:03:40 »
Fantastic first day!

Offline psxndc

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 21:46:39 »
Got alphas, Colevrak, Greek alphas, Ortho/40s, 60s Icon mods, creatures, Mac, and spacebars. Hyyyyype.
Ortho. Always.

Offline Shaphyna

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 16:23:47 »
Might be a little too late since GB has started and it might affect pricing of the kits! But I thought I'd just give it a shot to ask if any of these changes could be implemented?

1. Adding a navy spacebar (6.25) to the alt alpha set as the rest of the alpha sets have both coloured spacebars. Would have requested the spacebars to be moved to mods sets instead since ergo users wont need the 6.25u spacebars (similar to Minterly's KAT Eternal set) but I think that's a little to late oops.
2. Adding F5-F8 keys to the alt alpha set, so those getting the alphas can choose which Fn keys to swap out.
3. Splitting the alt numpad to its own set, since numpad is already its own set. Not everyone getting the alt alphas necessarily need the numpad set either.

Again, I understand if its too late for any changes but thanks for hearing me out otherwise! Wished I had said something earlier but I didn't notice it until I saw the new renders with the alt alphas and wanted to get them :(. Thank you! :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 March 2020, 16:33:34 by Shaphyna »

Offline Kristof

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 08:18:10 »
1 week progress update?

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 15:41:18 »
Might be a little too late since GB has started and it might affect pricing of the kits! But I thought I'd just give it a shot to ask if any of these changes could be implemented?

1. Adding a navy spacebar (6.25) to the alt alpha set as the rest of the alpha sets have both coloured spacebars. Would have requested the spacebars to be moved to mods sets instead since ergo users wont need the 6.25u spacebars (similar to Minterly's KAT Eternal set) but I think that's a little to late oops.
2. Adding F5-F8 keys to the alt alpha set, so those getting the alphas can choose which Fn keys to swap out.
3. Splitting the alt numpad to its own set, since numpad is already its own set. Not everyone getting the alt alphas necessarily need the numpad set either.

Again, I understand if its too late for any changes but thanks for hearing me out otherwise! Wished I had said something earlier but I didn't notice it until I saw the new renders with the alt alphas and wanted to get them :(. Thank you! :)
It's too late to make any changes to this. Once a keyset goes GB, nothing can be done.

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 15:41:36 »
1 week progress update?
Will post a 1 week update once we get there

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 16:09:29 »
1 week progress update?
Will post a 1 week update once we get there
But what if we want week 2 results NOW!?!?

Offline Shaphyna

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 06:57:09 »

It's too late to make any changes to this. Once a keyset goes GB, nothing can be done.

Yeah I didn’t think any changes could be made either. Just thought I’d drop a message to consider for future sets. Thanks for the reply though, much appreciated!! Went with the alt alphas in the end so can’t wait for that  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 March 2020, 11:00:37 by Shaphyna »

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 10:24:55 »
I just want to say how much I like the Ergodox kit.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 20:09:21 »

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 March 2020, 23:25:15 by dvorcol »

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 00:56:39 »
Forgive me because I'm pretty sure this was brought up a couple times in the IC thread. Can anyone talk a little more about KAT profile? I personally use GMK on all of my boards. I've used OEM too and liked it. SA has always intrigued me, but every time I've tried SA at a meetup, it has just seemed way too tall for me. I've tried MT3 as well, and while I love the look of it, I found it a little uncomfortable (weird might be a better word) if my keystrokes didn't hit perfectly centered on the keycap. Again, I've always found spherical profiles interesting and cool looking, but I just haven't found one that was right for me. I have obviously not yet tried KAT.

I really like the look of this set, but I also plan on buying GMK Nautilus 2, GMK Midnight Rainbow, 4 of the GMK Bleached RAMA caps, the Zambumon Jules, the SOAP macro pad, and maybe the Eclipse F-row-less TKL that's currently in IC. So considering that I'm already spending too much money, I hesitate to order a set that I may dislike the profile of.

Tl;dr
Any insight into how KAT may be for a GMK user that finds SA too tall would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 07:02:06 »
I’ve not personally used KAT, but from the specifications its closest analog is DSS from Signature Plastics. It has spherically-shaped tops like SA, rather than cylindrical tops like GMK. The height and overall angles of the row-to-row sculpt are somewhat closer to GMK, however.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 07:34:43 »

I’ve not personally used KAT, but from the specifications its closest analog is DSS from Signature Plastics. It has spherically-shaped tops like SA, rather than cylindrical tops like GMK. The height and overall angles of the row-to-row sculpt are somewhat closer to GMK, however.

Yeah. That last line is why I much prefer KAT over SA

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 16:42:28 »
Forgive me because I'm pretty sure this was brought up a couple times in the IC thread. Can anyone talk a little more about KAT profile? I personally use GMK on all of my boards. I've used OEM too and liked it. SA has always intrigued me, but every time I've tried SA at a meetup, it has just seemed way too tall for me. I've tried MT3 as well, and while I love the look of it, I found it a little uncomfortable (weird might be a better word) if my keystrokes didn't hit perfectly centered on the keycap. Again, I've always found spherical profiles interesting and cool looking, but I just haven't found one that was right for me. I have obviously not yet tried KAT.

I really like the look of this set, but I also plan on buying GMK Nautilus 2, GMK Midnight Rainbow, 4 of the GMK Bleached RAMA caps, the Zambumon Jules, the SOAP macro pad, and maybe the Eclipse F-row-less TKL that's currently in IC. So considering that I'm already spending too much money, I hesitate to order a set that I may dislike the profile of.

Tl;dr
Any insight into how KAT may be for a GMK user that finds SA too tall would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Here's a side view comparing KAT to SA and Cherry (GMK).

Offline SuddenlyDonkey

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 14:45:40 »
I feel as I'm in the same boat as Shutter_Shock. 

Definitely sweat this set but need to patiently wait for KAT Milkshake before I start dropping $ on KAT profiles. 

Offline ngb09229

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 09:17:38 »
Are these PBT or ABS?

Offline OmniSzron

« Reply #28 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 09:41:47 »
KAT is PBT.
Fox Lab Key 65 split space

Offline Arkells

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 21:59:30 »
In for a set of Alphas, Text Modifiers and Creatures!

Offline Adelscott

« Reply #30 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 19:26:07 »
In for French, Alphas, 60s/TKL Mods (Text), Spacebars and RAMA Cap !
Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 20:50:42 »
In for alphas, text mods, 40s, spacebars, Colevrak, RAMA cap... did I miss any? Nup I think that was it...
edit: oh and creatures ofc

Offline big_tuna

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 04:56:04 »
My first post in the world of custom KBs and first time participating in a GB! In for alphas, text mods and creatures too, renders look great with a blue kb. Kinda refreshing from all the GMK sets. Hope it pairs well with my first KB purchase.

Offline gurdenc

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 23:03:04 »
planning to get this but was hoping we might see some collabs soon :) . Any idea about dates when we might expect some of these?

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 23:19:46 »
planning to get this but was hoping we might see some collabs soon :) . Any idea about dates when we might expect some of these?
Hopefully soon. I'll reach out to some of the collabs that I originally made plans with and see. I'm really just at their mercy though about when they happen lol

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 23:24:04 »

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 March 2020, 20:48:20 by dvorcol »

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 18 March 2020, 06:49:22 »
Damn. Killing it. Double moq.

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 18 March 2020, 11:35:03 »

I’m convinced this is going to be one of those kits that people will regret not picking up by end of the year.

Offline vsrnth

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 18 March 2020, 11:36:27 »

I’m convinced this is going to be one of those kits that people will regret not picking up by end of the year.
Isn't that the case with every kit

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 18 March 2020, 12:11:24 »

Isn't that the case with every kit

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Haha. Some more than others. Some barely make moq and then get huge in aftermarket.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 20:47:49 »

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 March 2020, 16:12:57 by dvorcol »

Offline Drudoo

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 17:36:40 »
Well, last minute buy I guess, ordered Katakana Alphas, Creatures, Icon Mods, Alphas, Numpad. Never had KAT before so it’s gonna be interesting!

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 19:19:31 »
F me. Does the Rama just need one more buy? Someone buy that ****! Lol

Offline psxndc

[GB] KAT Atlantis
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 19:33:22 »
Are we at the last day?

Edit ==

No. Someone will buy the RAMA. We have a couple days.
Ortho. Always.

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #44 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 04:43:24 »
First KAT set for me, looking forward to it. GLWGB!

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #45 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 06:44:57 »
Are we at the last day?

Edit ==

No. Someone will buy the RAMA. We have a couple days.
Haha. I know. Just think it's funny that it's so close.

Offline Scucka

« Reply #46 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 15:04:12 »
Got only the alphas because i'm broke. Although very nice set  ;)

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #48 on: Tue, 31 March 2020, 08:19:27 »
Just put my order in for Atlantis. Pretty disappointed the deskmats can't be combined and its an additional 10 dollars of shipping...

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 31 March 2020, 09:50:43 »
Just put my order in for Atlantis. Pretty disappointed the deskmats can't be combined and its an additional 10 dollars of shipping...

As was explained to me, deskmats come from a separate vendor at a different time from the keycaps and would not be appropriate to send with the keycaps in the same order. Deskmats are also a bit unwieldy of an item to ship, so if you want yours shipped without damage, it costs about $10 to do this domestically.

Well worth the expense IMO. Hope this aids in your understanding.  :cool:
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 March 2020, 10:19:54 by DrHigsby »