Author Topic: THE MASHUP SALE - OVER  (Read 52769 times)

Offline add1ct3dd

Re: THE MASHUP SALE - LIVE
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 12:00:09 »
Only just seen this thread, got my order in quick :).

If we select we want 5, and situation changes, I presume this is ok? I may want 5, but it depends on timescale of invoice required etc :).

I presume wanting less is never a problem, these bots are always hard to get :]

Offline usno_oj

« Reply #101 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 12:30:02 »
Figured I'd try my hand at this. I picked two but will only buy one if chosen.

Is this allowed? What I got out of it was, if you pick two and happen to win both, you have to pay for both items. Can someone with more knowledge of this please clarify? Thanks.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #102 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 12:30:25 »
Only just seen this thread, got my order in quick :).

If we select we want 5, and situation changes, I presume this is ok? I may want 5, but it depends on timescale of invoice required etc :).

I presume wanting less is never a problem, these bots are always hard to get :]

Wanting less would create extra admin for bro/ctrl.alt since they would have invoiced everyone. Might rather want to just buy and pass them on to GH members in need if you win :)

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #103 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 12:36:08 »
Yah I'm pretty sure that's specifically what was asked Not To Do. So I would just pick sby who didn't get in and pass them on to them.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline add1ct3dd

« Reply #104 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 12:47:45 »
Ok no worries, buying more isn't a bad thing :).

I do want 5 anyway, but luck of the draw! Good luck to all :).

Offline Freebird

• SSRCG
« Reply #105 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 12:50:57 »
Oh...why did I come here...I want, no NEED my first bro! I have selected a bunch as they all look awesome but have gone for a 2 in case I actually get lucky enough this time and 5 would just cripple me haha.

Offline Elocutive

« Reply #106 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 13:11:53 »
Nooooo! I didn't see this until this morning and I won't be able to get home from soccer until after this ends! I want my first bro  :'(
LZCE- Black, red, ergo clears

Wanting Skeldon

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #107 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 13:12:45 »
Nooooo! I didn't see this until this morning and I won't be able to get home from soccer until after this ends! I want my first bro  :'(

You can do it on your phone
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #108 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 13:17:34 »

I couldn't get it working on the previous sale. If you run into issues, just send a message to bunny and he should be able to help you out.

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #109 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 13:20:24 »
Wanting less would create extra admin for bro/ctrl.alt since they would have invoiced everyone. Might rather want to just buy and pass them on to GH members in need if you win :)

That's not how I interpreted the instructions for entering. If that's how it's done, then it should be made more clear to this effect. If invoiced for both, I would pay for them but then sell at cost to someone else. Or I might keep one on my work board and the other at home. Have to see how my finances shake out.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #110 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 13:21:56 »

I couldn't get it working on the previous sale. If you run into issues, just send a message to bunny and he should be able to help you out.

The only thing I was not able to do on my phone was the order of preference.  It does appear though that you can place in the proper order by the order that you "Add to Cart".  If you "Add to Cart" in the reverse order that you want them in, the highest priority item will be at the top of the list.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #111 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 13:27:09 »
Really? Ah well, I picked three and just want a maximum of two and all three will be fine. The Black/Grey/Orange scheme should look great on my Orion anyway.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #112 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 13:30:11 »

That's not how I interpreted the instructions for entering. If that's how it's done, then it should be made more clear to this effect. If invoiced for both, I would pay for them but then sell at cost to someone else. Or I might keep one on my work board and the other at home. Have to see how my finances shake out.

Bunny explicitly states that you should set your number of caps to the absolute maximum you want. If you try to back out on anything you win after the fact, you get your entire ticket disqualified. If you put that you will take 2, you win 2, but then decide you only want to pay for one ... your entire ticket gets thrown out. Any changes to your ticket after the drawing ends results in a disqualification and that was spelled out very clearly more than once.

as people are discussing here

you guys know the rules by now, but ill lay a few out

1 ticket per person (no exceptions at all this time, if you make more than 1 for any reason, you are disqualified)
up to 5 caps per person (there is a selector for how many you would like if it is less than this)
you can add as many caps as you like to a ticket, but can only win up to 5
all invoices must be paid within 24 hours
bro will be shipping the caps this sale
the raffle will last a little under 24 hours
please only add caps you actually want, if after the draw you ask to change caps or cancel a cap, your ticket will be disqualified

if anyone has any issues when the sale goes live, i will be back on in the morning, and can deal with anything then, leaving you plenty of time to sort your ticket out, so dont rush if you are unsure of anything, get it right first time

if people do not take the time to read the instructions, im not gonna waste my timing dealing with the mistakes

last but not least, good luck

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline rjradical

« Reply #113 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 14:15:45 »
First time trying to get Bro caps and messed up the order form. Picked 2 MX and the double ribbit and only had 1 selected. Bunnylake anyway to resubmit the same order with 4 bro caps selected.
Definitely new to this raffle buy.

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #114 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 14:32:30 »
Bunny explicitly states that you should set your number of caps to the absolute maximum you want. If you try to back out on anything you win after the fact, you get your entire ticket disqualified. If you put that you will take 2, you win 2, but then decide you only want to pay for one ... your entire ticket gets thrown out. Any changes to your ticket after the drawing ends results in a disqualification and that was spelled out very clearly more than once.

What happens if you win using the conditions in the screen shot below? Are you invoiced for two total ($94) or one based on availability ($47)?

This is the rule that's throwing me:

how many bots can i enter to win during raffles?
you can add as many bots as you like to your ticket, however you may only have 1 of each colorway per style

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #115 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 14:32:53 »
First time trying to get Bro caps and messed up the order form. Picked 2 MX and the double ribbit and only had 1 selected. Bunnylake anyway to resubmit the same order with 4 bro caps selected.
Definitely new to this raffle buy.
Send him a PM! :) And Goodluck!
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Toxic-i-

Re: THE MASHUP SALE
« Reply #116 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 14:36:11 »
is this raffle as well?

Short answer, yeah.  Long answer...look at Bunny's reply from the other thread.

as people are discussing here

you guys know the rules by now, but ill lay a few out

1 ticket per person (no exceptions at all this time, if you make more than 1 for any reason, you are disqualified)
up to 5 caps per person (there is a selector for how many you would like if it is less than this)
you can add as many caps as you like to a ticket, but can only win up to 5
all invoices must be paid within 24 hours
bro will be shipping the caps this sale
the raffle will last a little under 24 hours
please only add caps you actually want, if after the draw you ask to change caps or cancel a cap, your ticket will be disqualified

if anyone has any issues when the sale goes live, i will be back on in the morning, and can deal with anything then, leaving you plenty of time to sort your ticket out, so dont rush if you are unsure of anything, get it right first time

if people do not take the time to read the instructions, im not gonna waste my timing dealing with the mistakes

last but not least, good luck

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 14:36:54 »
What happens if you win using the conditions in the screen shot below? Are you invoiced for two total ($94) or one based on availability ($47)?

This is the rule that's throwing me:

how many bots can i enter to win during raffles?
you can add as many bots as you like to your ticket, however you may only have 1 of each colorway per style

Show Image

Because you set your Bro Count to 1, you can only win one of the two keys you added to your ticket.

Think of your ticket as a wish list, and your Bro Count tells Bunny (who is basically Santa in this analogy  ) how many items from your wish list you are willing to paying for. My wish list had 11 items on it, but I set my Bro Count to 4. So in the best scenario possible I would get 4 of my 11 choices.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #118 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 14:39:20 »
Because you set your Bro Count to 1, you can only win one of the two keys you added to your ticket.

Think of your ticket as a wish list, and your Bro Count tells Bunny (who is basically Santa in this analogy 
Show Image
) how many items from your wish list you are willing to paying for. My wish list had 11 items on it, but I set my Bro Count to 4. So in the best scenario possible I would get 4 of my 11 choices.

That makes sense. Thank you for clarifying, and I now know going forward.

Offline rjradical

« Reply #119 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 14:49:58 »

Think of your ticket as a wish list, and your Bro Count tells Bunny (who is basically Santa in this analogy 
Show Image
) how many items from your wish list you are willing to paying for. My wish list had 11 items on it, but I set my Bro Count to 4. So in the best scenario possible I would get 4 of my 11 choices.

That makes sense. Thank you for clarifying, and I now know going forward.

Same here messed up the bro count but will know in the future. Good luck to all.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #120 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 14:51:57 »
jsut so people know, im getting a ton of pms, im not replying to them all but i am ready, so if you have been making requests etc, i am noting them, but just getting a bit overwhelmed sorting everything ready for the end of the sale
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline rjradical

« Reply #121 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 15:00:15 »
Thank you for coordinating this mashup-sales event. Seeing a sale go live for the first time was pretty exciting.

Offline Toxic-i-

« Reply #122 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 15:08:11 »
btw:  I like the new style of the CTRL ALT Store  :thumb:
Only the color of the background if click a picture (background goes to violett)  is not so good.  ;)

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #123 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 15:55:55 »
Not even 1h left guys.

I'll go to bed now and hope to find a message from Bunny in my inbox when I wake up tomorrow  :D

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #124 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 16:05:04 »
Not even 1h left guys.

I'll go to bed now and hope to find a message from Bunny in my inbox when I wake up tomorrow  :D

Thinking the same thing, night all and good luck  :thumb:

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #125 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 16:08:56 »
Not even 1h left guys.

Thinking the same thing, night all and good luck  :thumb:

same here. good night guys.

Offline HighNoon

« Reply #126 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 16:42:27 »
Anyone get an email yet? Congrats to the winners!

Offline Jason_IRL

« Reply #127 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 16:56:15 »

not yet.... hoping they just haven't been sent out yet.

Offline Kraksx

« Reply #128 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 16:59:03 »
Damn, I have been without internet for a while and when I get it back I miss a sale by 20 minutes  :mad: Was really hoping to get a bro cap :(

Poker II

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #129 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 16:59:48 »

Emails have been sent out, doubt that all of them have been though.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #130 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 17:02:21 »
I won the erupted V2 in mx
I definitely screwed up my priority and didn't even bother with it, but I am happy nonetheless.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 September 2014, 17:06:23 by FrostyToast »
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #131 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 17:08:36 »

Emails have been sent out, doubt that all of them have been though.

That was a very quick result - well done to [CTRL]ALT for such expediency and efficiency :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #132 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 17:17:46 »
That was a very quick result - well done to [CTRL]ALT for such expediency and efficiency :D

+1

The CtrlAlt team really have a superb system in place. It seems like pretty much all the little bugs have been squashed and everything went very smoothly. I am very grateful we have such talented and generous people in the community to organize stuff like this!

I'm happy to announce I got my top choice (Ashen)  ;)
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 September 2014, 18:31:50 by strict »

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #133 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 17:27:20 »
Have all the emails for the winners been sent yet?

Offline admiralvorian

• DIY
« Reply #134 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 17:44:36 »

I hope not ;_; this is my second brocaps sale and still haven't made it in.
Darude Status:
☐ Not Sandstorm
☑ Sandstorm                                               wts wtt wtb

Offline HighNoon

« Reply #135 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 17:47:39 »

I hope not ;_; this is my second brocaps sale and still haven't made it in.

This is my 3rd, no luck yet. I think there are probably many others in the same situation.

This time I just added all 19 MX Bros to my ticket and put my favorites at the top hoping that might help but I guess my ticket didn't get chosen so it doesn't matter.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #136 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 17:48:09 »
Got my e-mail.  I cannot be happier right now. 

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #137 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 17:59:41 »
Third try and it looks like I'm out of luck.  :(
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #138 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 18:04:22 »
yeah all messages have gone out, if you wanna double check, you can check your ticket on ctrlalt

thanks to everyone who participated, we will make this better every time

ill try and get all the invoices done over the next few hours, any i dont manage ill do first thing in the morning

Offline daviswalkers

• HHKB Amature 2
    • Graphic Design Portfolio
« Reply #139 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 18:04:48 »
So people won multiple? I thought that the way it worked was the didn't start giving out multiple's until all the tickets had one? I assume now it's just Tickets keep winning until there aren't any brocaps left and if your ticket is picked you get however many you wished for that are available still?

Compact-SQ |          VE.A
 65g Zealios    |      78g Zealios

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #140 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 18:05:46 »
So people won multiple? I thought that the way it worked was the didn't start giving out multiple's until all the tickets had one? I assume now it's just Tickets keep winning until there aren't any brocaps left and if your ticket is picked you get however many you wished for that are available still?

no idea where you go that info from sir but it isnt correct

Offline daviswalkers

• HHKB Amature 2
    • Graphic Design Portfolio
« Reply #141 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 18:08:52 »

no idea where you go that info from sir but it isnt correct

I didn't read or see it anywhere it was assumed, and I'm aware of that now, is the second part correct or is there more to it?

Compact-SQ |          VE.A
 65g Zealios    |      78g Zealios

Offline admiralvorian

• DIY
« Reply #142 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 18:21:37 »
Third try and it looks like I'm out of luck.  :(

oh well. maybe there'll be a 'sorry you missed out' sale?

p.s. thanks CTRL ALT and Brocaps for more hard work!
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 September 2014, 18:27:54 by admiralvorian »
Darude Status:
☐ Not Sandstorm
☑ Sandstorm                                               wts wtt wtb

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #143 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 18:27:31 »
I didn't read or see it anywhere it was assumed, and I'm aware of that now, is the second part correct or is there more to it?

There was a discussion a few weeks back that gave some rough details on how the raffle process works - http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=60658.msg1404826#msg1404826

Offline HighNoon

« Reply #144 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 18:31:35 »
Bunny, I know this is probably secret but can you tell us what % of tickets submitted won at least 1 cap? Raw numbers (tickets submitted/tickets won) would be even better.

Sorry if this has already been asked.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #145 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 18:37:15 »
Bunny, I know this is probably secret but can you tell us what % of tickets submitted won at least 1 cap? Raw numbers (tickets submitted/tickets won) would be even better.

Sorry if this has already been asked.

nope

we dont give out this kind of info

sorry

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
THE MASHUP SALE - LIVE
« Reply #146 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 18:46:06 »
Even though I didn't win I have to say this is by far the smoothest, least nerve-racking raffle I've ever taken part in. Thanks bunny.

Though I do miss the days when I just went on EK's site and bought some clacks!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #147 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 18:48:01 »
It's bittersweet for me not winning. Sad because I didn't get choose, but happy because my wallet has time to recover.  :p

Offline Gh05tx

« Reply #148 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 18:49:37 »
It's bittersweet for me not winning. Sad because I didn't get choose, but happy because my wallet has time to recover.  :p

Haha I feel the same way

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #149 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 18:50:40 »

Haha I feel the same way

Got to stay positive right!?