Author Topic: What do you listen to while you code?  (Read 15902 times)

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
Re: What do you listen to while you code?
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 10:54:51 »
Depending on my mood something like these:

Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline robotsokk

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 11:13:54 »
Currently, I listen to music that is as abstract as my code, like for instance ambient trance / ambient techo / space ambient / deep space ambient.

It puts me in a mode, in a sweet spot. I don't know. Like I'm not in this planet while I'm coding.

I too enjoy that kind of mix of music/work.

Generally, I enjoy listening to electronic music of some sort or videogame music while working (coding or otherwise).
@home      @work Swapping out boards... coming soon     wtb

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 20:59:39 »

I've been craving faster and faster music lately. Maybe because my current project is going very slowly and I'm feeling under stimulated

I tried Googling this, and the first link was to the Aussie National Security to report them :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 21:16:27 »
Best for concentration:

Offline JohanAR

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 01:47:46 »

I've been craving faster and faster music lately. Maybe because my current project is going very slowly and I'm feeling under stimulated

I tried Googling this, and the first link was to the Aussie National Security to report them :))

What did you search for? :P The song's made by a Japanese guy called m1dy and he has a few albums available on Spotify as well

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 20:53:11 »

What did you search for? :P The song's made by a Japanese guy called m1dy and he has a few albums available on Spotify as well

head **** terrorist

Starting off simple :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline JohanAR

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 01:37:28 »
head **** terrorist

I think your government is intercepting your internet traffic :P

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 21:46:36 »
head **** terrorist

I think your government is intercepting your internet traffic :P

Yes.

They are.

And filtering it.

And deciding what sites are "appropriate" for us to view.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 15:27:34 »

Offline machtrip

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 31 October 2017, 05:00:53 »
I'm really enjoying Skrillex lately

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 17:38:19 »
only skrillex
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 22:52:13 »
As I poke source code with a stick my music consists mostly of trendy instrumental bands. Or maybe instrumentals from trendy bands. Depends on my mood

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 09:44:33 »
It really depends on my mood. If I'm in the serious 'tech OG H4Ck3R' mood. I'll listen to a lot of older edm or trance. Recently my heart is with Boys Noize and Hudson Mohawke (yes I did find him thanks to Watch Dogs... I'm not going to try and play the hipster role).

If I'm calm and doing some casual work -- sys admin, *nix ricing, tinkering with personal projects -- I go for old Japanese jazz club... Ryo Fukui to be specific.

ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u