Author Topic: [GB] CNC Alum. Cooler Master "Norbatouch" TKL cases r2.5, SHIPPED/MANUFACTURING  (Read 103947 times)

Offline funkybeat7

Re: [GB] CNC Alum. Cooler Master "Norbatouch" TKL cases r2.5, MANUFACTURING
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 06:56:20 »
So the deal with my NovaTouch is I got a partial refund for the board and I'm just going to keep it. Does anyone have experience with autohotkey and would be willing to give me some advice? I'd like to do something like make ESC Alt + F1.

I haven't done AutoHotkey in a while, but I think this should work for that (Alt+F1 = Esc):

Code: [Select]
!$F1::SendInput {Esc}

The script works! Thanks so much nineleveno! At least now I can have a board that isn't missing all of its functions technically at a reduced price. Always gotta look at the bright side :D
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 September 2017, 16:15:59 by funkybeat7 »

Offline millifoo

« Reply #151 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 10:23:19 »

Hola Sir Norbaur.. wanted to check in how the r2.5 manufacturing is coming along :-)

Offline norbauer

• Plz email shop@norbauer.com; I miss PMs sometimes
    • Ryan Norbauer's personal site
« Reply #152 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 15:01:50 »

Hola Sir Norbaur.. wanted to check in how the r2.5 manufacturing is coming along :-)

It's coming along just fine. :) The factory confirmed receipt of payment a few weeks ago and is on track to finish the machining sometime next month. The boxes are also currently being made and should be done around the same time.

Offline Peiweisgreat

« Reply #153 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 20:04:53 »

It's coming along just fine. :) The factory confirmed receipt of payment a few weeks ago and is on track to finish the machining sometime next month. The boxes are also currently being made and should be done around the same time.

Nice! I was just about to check in today myself, glad that everything is going a-ok on your end.

Offline PurpleSkyz

« Reply #154 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 15:26:04 »
I need this in my life, is it still available?

Offline Evilocity

Originative is accepting orders!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Offline PurpleSkyz

Originative is accepting orders!

Order placed thanks. Also just bough a brand new in box model M. I think I can see an expensive addiction pattern here...

Offline Evilocity

Mr. Norbauer, I sent you 2 emails about my order through your shop email. I hope you received it.

Offline norbauer

Mr. Norbauer, I sent you 2 emails about my order through your shop email. I hope you received it.

Yup, just a bit behind on my email the past couple of days due to the Galaxy Class keyset launch last week—will get back to you shortly. :)

Offline Evilocity

Yup, just a bit behind on my email the past couple of days due to the Galaxy Class keyset launch last week—will get back to you shortly. :)
Thank you sir!

Offline millifoo

« Reply #160 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 13:22:15 »

Photoshop request from Rodde with a few more SA sets on Retro Refrige:

Offline Rodde

« Reply #161 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 13:59:34 »

Show Image

Thanks again! Very helpful.

Still surprised the first three haven't popped up in real life yet, particularly Calm Depths!

Offline energyd

« Reply #162 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 15:47:22 »

Show Image

Thanks,
Gonna put GMK Aero on it. Should be good too.

Offline Enoch

Offline profanum429

« Reply #165 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 14:56:54 »
I was wondering if there might be an extra box that I would be able to get a hold of? I've got a R1 case and a R2 Retro case and I'd love to be able to box up the spare :)

Offline norbauer

« Reply #166 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 15:00:48 »
I was wondering if there might be an extra box that I would be able to get a hold of? I've got a R1 case and a R2 Retro case and I'd love to be able to box up the spare :)

If you don't mind one that's slightly dented, I'd be happy to send you one for like $5 + shipping. (FWIW, they actually cost like $10 per pc to produce.) Just send me an email. :)

Offline madindehead

« Reply #167 on: Sun, 19 November 2017, 07:52:27 »
I'm thinking about perhaps selling my spot for my Retro Refrigerator case. I can't afford it sadly. Anyone interested? I think norbauer can arrange a transfer of the buy quite easily?

Offline norbauer

[GB] CNC Alum. Cooler Master "Norbatouch" TKL cases r2.5, MANUFACTURING
« Reply #168 on: Sun, 19 November 2017, 09:21:44 »
I'm thinking about perhaps selling my spot for my Retro Refrigerator case. I can't afford it sadly. Anyone interested? I think norbauer can arrange a transfer of the buy quite easily?

I’m happy to arrange it if someone wants to take over.

Incidentally, these are leaving the factory on Wednesday for inspection and boxing. Won’t be too long now. As usual, powder coat ones will take longer after they arrive here in California.

Offline energyd

« Reply #169 on: Sun, 19 November 2017, 10:51:03 »

Incidentally, these are leaving the factory on Wednesday for inspection and boxing. Won’t be too long now. As usual, powder coat ones will take longer after they arrive here in California.

Do you have an estimate on when the powder coat ones would be shipped?

Offline norbauer

« Reply #170 on: Sun, 19 November 2017, 10:53:44 »

Not specifically, unfortunately. The powder coating shop is highly variable in their turnaround times. Sometimes I'll drop stuff off and they'll turn it around in 2 days. Other times I'll drop off a batch and they'll sit on it for a month while taking care of other clients before even starting. I always try to keep leaning on them to turn things around quickly (I drop by like once a week), but they do such an amazing job compared to other shops I've found, I try not to piss them off too much. They're worth the wait. :)

Offline energyd

« Reply #171 on: Sun, 19 November 2017, 11:18:14 »

Not specifically, unfortunately. The powder coating shop is highly variable in their turnaround times. Sometimes I'll drop stuff off and they'll turn it around in 2 days. Other times I'll drop off a batch and they'll sit on it for a month while taking care of other clients before even starting. I always try to keep leaning on them to turn things around quickly (I drop by like once a week), but they do such an amazing job compared to other shops I've found, I try not to piss them off too much. They're worth the wait. :)

thx for the update.  :thumb: Hopefully my novatouch can get into his new home before Christamas

Offline madindehead

« Reply #172 on: Fri, 24 November 2017, 06:19:30 »
Still looking for someone who wants to buy a Retro Refrigerator case spot. Might have to post on Reddit or something, not sure how allowed that is though.

Offline norbauer

Still looking for someone who wants to buy a Retro Refrigerator case spot. Might have to post on Reddit or something, not sure how allowed that is though.

It’s totally fine by me at least. :)

Incidentally, the r2.5 cases are being boxed today in Shenzhen, so I could have them as early as late next week, though perhaps the week following is more likely. I’ll get the anodized ones shipped quickly when they arrive and the ones for powder coating off to the shop.

Offline xine007

« Reply #174 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 12:11:51 »
If anyone is interested, I have a spot in r2.5 for the tactical black anodized.  My novatouch hasn't seen as much use lately.

Offline floris

« Reply #175 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 08:57:05 »
If anyone is interested, I have a spot in r2.5 for the tactical black anodized.  My novatouch hasn't seen as much use lately.

Is the spot still available? I would like to take it.

Offline Idef1x

« Reply #176 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 06:54:25 »

I might be interested, I will throw you a PM.

EDIT: Sorry for any inconveniences - I jumped off the offer. Madindehead is still looking for a buyer for his lovely Retro Refrigerator case.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 November 2017, 15:41:35 by Idef1x »
Board: Clueboard 66%, 65g Zealios, /dev/tty caps.

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #177 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 08:32:28 »
Suppose I'll get in line for a Tactical Black spot if one were to open up.

Offline norbauer

« Reply #178 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 10:16:26 »
Quick update: the r2.5 anodized cases (and unfinished cases for powder coating in California) shipped to me today from Shenzhen. :) This means that, barring any customs delays, anodized cases will ship early December. The r2.5 powder cases will go off to the shop as soon as those arrive, and hopefully won't take too long.

After all is said and done, I'll have a few extras, which I'll throw up in my shop. If interested, you can sign up for an in-stock notification.

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
Cool, signed up for a few colours. Hoping to snag an extra :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline profanum429

« Reply #180 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 20:47:57 »
Has anyone thrown SA Jukebox onto a Retro Refrigerator case yet? I'm wondering if the greens are different enough that it'll look odd? Trying to decide if I want to hunt down a Jukebox set again...

Offline Peiweisgreat

« Reply #181 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 03:19:25 »
How do the cases look? Should we be expecting any delays because some of them didnt pass your QC or is it just smooth sailing from here?

Offline mustcode

« Reply #182 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 03:30:29 »
Has anyone thrown SA Jukebox onto a Retro Refrigerator case yet? I'm wondering if the greens are different enough that it'll look odd? Trying to decide if I want to hunt down a Jukebox set again...
I did a quick google image search and I'm actually surprise there isn't more pictures of the retro refrigerator case. I heard it was one of the more popular color choice. All ya lucky owners need to get those camera rolling :)

Offline norbauer

« Reply #183 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 10:23:18 »
How do the cases look? Should we be expecting any delays because some of them didnt pass your QC or is it just smooth sailing from here?

The cases all passed inspection by my third-party inspection firm in Shenzhen, which generally does an amazing job (and has rejected cases from this same manufacturer in the past when they weren't up to par). However, last time that firm did miss one particular category of problem that was perhaps too subtle for most people to consider it a defect (but one that, when I caught it in person, I treated as a defect anyway and offered replacements to everyone affected). So there is still always a chance I'll catch something that the inspection people didn't, which is why I prefer to personally look each one over quickly before sending it on its final way. But so far the results are encouraging. They're still in transit and I'm just waiting for them to show up at my door. :)

Offline profanum429

« Reply #184 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 14:37:36 »
I did a quick google image search and I'm actually surprise there isn't more pictures of the retro refrigerator case. I heard it was one of the more popular color choice. All ya lucky owners need to get those camera rolling :)

Well, I couldn't resist so I got ahold of a Jukebox set and will hopefully be receiving it tomorrow. I'll post a picture of two of the Retro Refrigerator + Jukebox once I get it on the board :)

Offline profanum429

« Reply #185 on: Sat, 09 December 2017, 20:39:23 »
As promised, Jukebox on a Retro Refrigerator case.

I think it turned out pretty good :)

Offline energyd

« Reply #186 on: Sat, 09 December 2017, 22:01:40 »
Nice! But in general I think the Retro Refrigerator is hard match

Offline zslane

« Reply #187 on: Sun, 10 December 2017, 11:06:47 »
Yeah, it doesn't appear quite green enough to match the Jukebox BBQ keycaps. Still, it's quite a striking combination.

Offline TheEerieCold

« Reply #188 on: Sun, 10 December 2017, 22:14:23 »
I have Calm Depths and Nautilus on the way, I plan on posting some pictures once they arrive to show what they look like with RR. From a color matching perspective, I'd say that ABS green VBV is about as close as you can get (it is used on Abyss, look at the arrow cluster). It is a hint lighter but it is still closer than BBQ. See below (spacebar is BBQ, arrow is VBV)

Matrix Abel+ Ver.Dark / Matrix 8XV2.0 (Red) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Blue) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Caustic Custom) / Matrix Noah / Matrix Abel X RX-178 Ver.CA / Matrix 8XV2.0 ADD (Silver) / Matrix Falcon (Nebula) / Matrix Vita (McFlurry) / Matrix ME SE (McFlurry)

Offline aspenc4

I have Calm Depths and Nautilus on the way, I plan on posting some pictures once they arrive to show what they look like with RR. From a color matching perspective, I'd say that ABS green VBV is about as close as you can get (it is used on Abyss, look at the arrow cluster). It is a hint lighter but it is still closer than BBQ. See below (spacebar is BBQ, arrow is VBV)

Show Image

Theeriecold’s RR with Abyss is gorgeous; it’s as if the two were made for each other.

Since he won’t mention it (being the modest fellow he is), I’ll toss it out there. That board won best in show at the DC meetup last week.

If such a thing as “End Game” exists, it’s about as close as I’ve seen in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline regionfree

« Reply #190 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 02:43:58 »
everything's lining up! nautilus has shipped, and I already have my bke redux domes! just need to get a set of hyperspheres to silence these snappy domes (tried the kbdfans x-rings and they can't handle it).

Offline TheEerieCold

« Reply #191 on: Sat, 16 December 2017, 17:57:11 »
Finally got a chance to put Nautilus on, I did not like the way that the yellow or novelty keys looked on it so I removed them.

Matrix Abel+ Ver.Dark / Matrix 8XV2.0 (Red) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Blue) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Caustic Custom) / Matrix Noah / Matrix Abel X RX-178 Ver.CA / Matrix 8XV2.0 ADD (Silver) / Matrix Falcon (Nebula) / Matrix Vita (McFlurry) / Matrix ME SE (McFlurry)

Offline zslane

« Reply #192 on: Sat, 16 December 2017, 19:47:33 »
Nautilus probably matches up better with Galactic Blue.

Offline TheEerieCold

« Reply #193 on: Sat, 16 December 2017, 20:50:17 »
I agree completely, the yellow keys are somewhat off-putting on Retro but probably work well with a darker colored case. Figured I'd post a few pictures for anyone who was wondering (back in the trays it goes!)

Offline norbauer

« Reply #194 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 12:06:41 »
Quick update: customs clearance complete and domestic tracking is now live. It says r2.5 cases shall arrive to me at the end of this week. My domestic life is a bit busy with the holiday prep right now, but I'll try to turn the anodized cases around within just a few days of arriving to me, and get the last batch of cases destined for powder coat off to the shop before they go on holiday break.

After following up with the logistics company, it turns out that the trans-Pacific shipment took more than twice as long as it was supposed to due to some snafu in how they partitioned the weight between pallets, causing it to be broken up into two shipments that went in sequence rather than together. As always when things take longer than the estimates I was originally given by vendors, my apologies that I couldn't ship sooner. But at least I'll be getting most of these out before the end of the year, and the remaining r2.5 powder colors hopefully soon(ish) thereafter. :)

Offline autobot

« Reply #195 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 15:47:36 »
Quick update: customs clearance complete and domestic tracking is now live. It says r2.5 cases shall arrive to me at the end of this week. My domestic life is a bit busy with the holiday prep right now, but I'll try to turn the anodized cases around within just a few days of arriving to me, and get the last batch of cases destined for powder coat off to the shop before they go on holiday break.

After following up with the logistics company, it turns out that the trans-Pacific shipment took more than twice as long as it was supposed to due to some snafu in how they partitioned the weight between pallets, causing it to be broken up into two shipments that went in sequence rather than together. As always when things take longer than the estimates I was originally given by vendors, my apologies that I couldn't ship sooner. But at least I'll be getting most of these out before the end of the year, and the remaining r2.5 powder colors hopefully soon(ish) thereafter. :)

No worries! Longest lead items for my builds (Astro Purp & Venice Beach) are GMK Laser. I can wait.  :p

Offline weaksauce

« Reply #196 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 00:41:29 »
Please let me know if any spot for Tactical black are open :)

Offline norbauer

« Reply #197 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 01:17:25 »

All but two of the eight r2.5 shipment boxes have actually already arrived and I've now shipped everything that has arrived to me. I'm just waiting for the last ones to show up. I think they were perhaps held up in customs—the freight forwarder is currently investigating and is supposed to let me know what's up ASAP.

I'll likely have a few extras up in my shop—barring any catastrophes—around the middle to end of January, if I had to guess right now. I'll announce on my list as soon as they're up.

Offline weaksauce

« Reply #198 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 01:51:34 »

All but two of the eight r2.5 shipment boxes have actually already arrived and I've now shipped everything that has arrived to me. I'm just waiting for the last ones to show up. I think they were perhaps held up in customs—the freight forwarder is currently investigating and is supposed to let me know what's up ASAP.

I'll likely have a few extras up in my shop—barring any catastrophes—around the middle to end of January, if I had to guess right now. I'll announce on my list as soon as they're up.

Thanks for the quick reply norbauer. I will be my toes for the update.

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #199 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 06:20:22 »

Extras!! nice I will pick up another one. Will there be any powder coated extras?