Author Topic: [GB] CNC Alum. Cooler Master "Norbatouch" TKL cases r2.5, SHIPPED/MANUFACTURING  (Read 104650 times)

Offline Peiweisgreat

Re: [GB] CNC Alum. Cooler Master "Norbatouch" TKL cases r2.5, MANUFACTURING
« Reply #200 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 17:56:39 »
Please let me know if any spot for Tactical black are open :)

All but two of the eight r2.5 shipment boxes have actually already arrived and I've now shipped everything that has arrived to me. I'm just waiting for the last ones to show up. I think they were perhaps held up in customs—the freight forwarder is currently investigating and is supposed to let me know what's up ASAP.

I'll likely have a few extras up in my shop—barring any catastrophes—around the middle to end of January, if I had to guess right now. I'll announce on my list as soon as they're up.

Sweet hopefully mine will arive early in the next week.

Offline syke

« Reply #201 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 11:17:43 »
Arghhh... I missed all drops!!!!...

Browsing on your website, lead me here on this forum. Great work on the cases, here's me really hoping there is a round 3 very soon!!!!!
Do say YES norbauer.

All but two of the eight r2.5 shipment boxes have actually already arrived and I've now shipped everything that has arrived to me. I'm just waiting for the last ones to show up. I think they were perhaps held up in customs—the freight forwarder is currently investigating and is supposed to let me know what's up ASAP.

I'll likely have a few extras up in my shop—barring any catastrophes—around the middle to end of January, if I had to guess right now. I'll announce on my list as soon as they're up.

Offline norbauer

• Plz email shop@norbauer.com; I miss PMs sometimes
    • Ryan Norbauer's personal site

Browsing on your website, lead me here on this forum. Great work on the cases, here's me really hoping there is a round 3 very soon!!!!!
Do say YES norbauer.

I will likely have a few extras in the next few weeks: make sure you’re on my list. :)

Offline syke

« Reply #203 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 12:12:42 »
Sweet!!!  ;D

I have subscribed to your mailing list and I will be visiting your website regularly...

Offline TheEerieCold

« Reply #204 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 12:38:34 »
I don't see it mentioned anywhere but did you already drop off the cases that were to be powder coated or are you still waiting for those to arrive?
Matrix Abel+ Ver.Dark / Matrix 8XV2.0 (Red) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Blue) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Caustic Custom) / Matrix Noah / Matrix Abel X RX-178 Ver.CA / Matrix 8XV2.0 ADD (Silver) / Matrix Falcon (Nebula) / Matrix Vita (McFlurry) / Matrix ME SE (McFlurry)

Offline norbauer

« Reply #205 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 12:40:23 »
I don't see it mentioned anywhere but did you already drop off the cases that were to be powder coated or are you still waiting for those to arrive?

Yes, the powder cases all arrived and were dropped off before Christmas. I was actually just down at the shop last evening and the prep work had already begun (notwithstanding the holiday break they took).

There are still two of the eight boxes that haven't arrived to me yet, but those were all anodized cases. I've got the freight forwarder investigating now. I suspect a customs hold-up, but I haven't been able to get a definitive answer yet.

Offline regionfree

« Reply #206 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 01:41:21 »
Originative has started shipping their batch, it seems. I got notification from them hours ago about the black bundle I ordered. Really excited!

Offline nurbs

« Reply #207 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 16:19:30 »

Photoshop request from Rodde with a few more SA sets on Retro Refrige:

Show Image

Nice mockup!

Has anyone tried SP's new DSA Seafoam with this? Looks like it would match.

https://pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-seafoam-keyset/

Offline TheEerieCold

« Reply #208 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 17:44:43 »

Photoshop request from Rodde with a few more SA sets on Retro Refrige:

Show Image

Nice mockup!

Has anyone tried SP's new DSA Seafoam with this? Looks like it would match.

https://pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-seafoam-keyset/

Not a great match honestly..

Matrix Abel+ Ver.Dark / Matrix 8XV2.0 (Red) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Blue) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Caustic Custom) / Matrix Noah / Matrix Abel X RX-178 Ver.CA / Matrix 8XV2.0 ADD (Silver) / Matrix Falcon (Nebula) / Matrix Vita (McFlurry) / Matrix ME SE (McFlurry)

Offline PurpleSkyz

« Reply #209 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 19:10:04 »
Originative has started shipping their batch, it seems. I got notification from them hours ago about the black bundle I ordered. Really excited!

Originative is shipping. Got black with novatouch bundle (already owned one but wanted another cause...why not) And GMK Dolch. Im pretty excited too.

Thanks to whoever told me Originative had that deal going on in this thread when I said I needed this in my life (And norbauer obviously).
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 January 2018, 19:13:31 by PurpleSkyz »

Offline corygrapher

« Reply #210 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 23:21:59 »
Will there be a r3 in the future?

Offline PurpleSkyz

« Reply #211 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 12:53:41 »
Finally:

The black and white is a Combo of GMK Dolch and GMK Honeywell (selling the GMKs left overs if anyone is interested BTW. 'Cause case, plus keyboard, plus 2 GMK sets and import tax for one keyboard is damn expensive).

« Last Edit: Mon, 08 January 2018, 13:00:08 by PurpleSkyz »

Offline autobot

« Reply #212 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 15:04:31 »
Sooooo...I splurged on HKP Laser drop, and photoshopped them on my dream board...Laaaaaser! On Astrophysical Purple!

Of course the keys would never illuminate this perfectly, but gets the idea across of my board come June. Now I just need to have a friend cut some vinyl for the RAD sticker. I'm getting super excited for next summer!:

Offline turbosloth

« Reply #213 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 01:38:27 »
Any update on those last 2 boxes, are they still stuck in customs? I'm assuming mine is in there somewhere. Thanks for running this buy, Norbauer, I can't wait to finally have it in my hands.

Offline strigif0rm3s

Do say YES norbauer.

I will likely have a few extras in the next few weeks: make sure you’re on my list. :)

Hey There Ryan,
I'm in on your Norbaforce and would love a Norbatouch. Please let me know if you have any extra.
I'm subscribed to your list. Will you announce there or just sneak them onto the store?

Thanks for all you do man, you really are appreciated by the community, especially me. hhahh. Thanks again.

Offline regionfree

« Reply #215 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 17:01:03 »
You guys might want to check Oco. I managed to grab a retro refrigerator nova bundle yesterday.

Offline norbauer

« Reply #216 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 17:54:19 »
Any update on those last 2 boxes, are they still stuck in customs? I'm assuming mine is in there somewhere. Thanks for running this buy, Norbauer, I can't wait to finally have it in my hands.

I keep trying to get answers, and honestly it's a bit frustrating that I haven't yet, but I won't give up. Please hang in there with me just a bit longer. Also, don't worry: if for some odd (unlikely) reason the cases are lost,  I promise to refund or replace. If that were the case and I needed to supply some folks with replacements, as much as I kind of dread the notion, I suppose I could always do a round 2.517843. >_<

FWIW, I did spend two hours on the phone with UPS yesterday, which of course the freight forwarder insisted I do (claiming UPS should have and know where the packages are), only to be told that in only the freight forwarder can initiate an investigation in situations where there hasn't been a UPS origin scan yet. So the forwarder should be contacting UPS to sort it out right now. Of course, the time delay with Asia makes everything take longer than it should, but best I can do is keep pestering them. Honestly, my suspicion is that it's sitting in the freight forwarder's warehouse, having cleared customs, and just hasn't been given to UPS for it because it somehow got pulled out of the normal processing stream, and they just need to go look for it. But it may take them a few days for them to come to that conclusion themselves. =\  I still find it totally weird that all but two of the boxes arrived just fine.

In any case, apologies for the delay.

Offline norbauer

Do say YES norbauer.

Hey There Ryan,
I'm in on your Norbaforce and would love a Norbatouch. Please let me know if you have any extra.
I'm subscribed to your list. Will you announce there or just sneak them onto the store?

Thanks for all you do man, you really are appreciated by the community, especially me. hhahh. Thanks again.

I will announce them on the list, but I want to wait until I get the two delayed boxes sorted out, so it'll likely be a couple more weeks before I tackle sorting out how many, if any, are left.

Many thanks for the kind words, and for your support of my work! I appreciate it very much. :)

Offline strigif0rm3s

Do say YES norbauer.

Hey There Ryan,

I will announce them on the list, but I want to wait until I get the two delayed boxes sorted out, so it'll likely be a couple more weeks before I tackle sorting out how many, if any, are left.

Many thanks for the kind words, and for your support of my work! I appreciate it very much. :)
Sounds good. Thanks a lot man. I'll bug you in a bit

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline norbauer

« Reply #219 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 21:24:58 »
Excellent news! The factory found the remaining two boxes of anodized cases somewhere here in California and will be handing them over to UPS with haste. :) As soon as I have them, I'll turn them around ASAP.

Offline strigif0rm3s

Excellent news! The factory found the remaining two boxes of anodized cases somewhere here in California and will be handing them over to UPS with haste. :) As soon as I have them, I'll turn them around ASAP.
I'm very excited and I didn't even have one ordered. Hoping to get one of the few remaining extras if there are any.

Offline playtech1

« Reply #221 on: Sat, 13 January 2018, 18:39:47 »
Finally got around to putting together two of my three cases (thanks Norbauer - these cases are ace!).

Was struggling to find a decent keyset for the Retro Refrigerator, until I remembered I had the Tao-Hao Miami set somewhere...

Will take the rather more sombre Enigma Black with Honeywell to work!

https://imgur.com/gallery/D51mu

Offline strigif0rm3s

Finally got around to putting together two of my three cases (thanks Norbauer - these cases are ace!).

Was struggling to find a decent keyset for the Retro Refrigerator, until I remembered I had the Tao-Hao Miami set somewhere...

Will take the rather more sombre Enigma Black with Honeywell to work!

https://imgur.com/gallery/D51mu
Beautiful

Offline strigif0rm3s

« Reply #223 on: Sat, 13 January 2018, 19:26:23 »
Hey all,
Looking for someone who possibly changed their minds on the case. If so, text me. 512-350-7523.
I'd love to buy it, for the right price and color.
Thanks!

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #224 on: Sat, 13 January 2018, 20:12:39 »
You guys might want to check Oco. I managed to grab a retro refrigerator nova bundle yesterday.
Do you know the turnaround on Originative's shipping?  I snagged one of these bundles on the 6th but haven't heard anything from them since order confirmation.

Offline jnav

• Endgame is for quitters.
    • Macclack
« Reply #225 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 00:08:29 »
Hi Ryan, sorry if I missed this in an earlier post but have you actually started shipping any of the finished r2.5 powder coat cases yet or are they still being finished at the powder coat facility? I'm seeing some posts from users with what look like powder coat finishes but maybe these are from a previous GB? Thanks!

Offline norbauer

« Reply #226 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 00:10:27 »
Hi Ryan, sorry if I missed this in an earlier post but have you actually started shipping any of the finished r2.5 powder coat cases yet or are they still being finished at the powder coat facility? I'm seeing some posts from users with what look like powder coat finishes but maybe these are from a previous GB? Thanks!

Yes, those are from r2. No r2.5 powder cases have shipped yet (though most of the anodized have shipped). They are, however, in process at the workshop and I can confirm that, as of Friday when I last spoke to the shop, progress was being made on them. :)

Offline jnav

• Endgame is for quitters.
    • Macclack
« Reply #227 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 08:50:00 »
Thank you!
 :thumb:

Offline ZayaCaps

• Instagram
« Reply #228 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 23:33:39 »
Sad to have missed this sale, so I joined the list to make sure I catch the next. Great work norbauer :thumb:

Offline strigif0rm3s

Yes, those are from r2. No r2.5 powder cases have shipped yet (though most of the anodized have shipped). They are, however, in process at the workshop and I can confirm that, as of Friday when I last spoke to the shop, progress was being made on them. :)
Are you anticipating a few extra? If so, do you know the finishes on them?

Offline HighNoon

« Reply #230 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 12:39:12 »
When you say no R2.5 powder cases have shipped yet, I assume that includes people who had R2 tactical gray replacements in a R2.5 color?

Any idea what the ETA is on those?

Offline norbauer

« Reply #231 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 12:41:53 »
When you say no R2.5 powder cases have shipped yet, I assume that includes people who had R2 tactical gray replacements in a R2.5 color?

Any idea what the ETA is on those?

Affirmative. The ETA would vary significantly (and somewhat randomly) based on the color you chose; some have already shipped. I just got back the Royal Wrinkle finishes yesterday, for example, and they're working their way down the list of other finishes. I believe Space Station White is next.

Incidentally, all the remaining anodized cases arrived to me yesterday afternoon, and I'll be shipping them out over the next day or so.

Offline HighNoon

« Reply #232 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 12:47:52 »
Thanks for the super quick reply Norbauer. I'm waiting on one enigma gray (r2 tactial gray replacement) and one astrophysical purple (actual r2.5 case). Hopefully those are soon in the powder shop's queue.

Offline norbauer

« Reply #233 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 12:50:33 »
Thanks for the super quick reply Norbauer. I'm waiting on one enigma gray (r2 tactial gray replacement) and one astrophysical purple (actual r2.5 case). Hopefully those are soon in the powder shop's queue.

No worries, and thanks again for your patience! As to the shop's ordering, I think it's up to their whim and fancy and whatever else they happen to be spraying that week (certain types of finishes require use of specific spray guns, etc.), so—for better or worse—it's always a surprise what I get back and when I get it. :)

Offline zslane

« Reply #234 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 13:20:57 »
Any idea where in the queue my indigo blue case is?  :)

Offline norbauer

« Reply #235 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 16:05:03 »

Yes, actually! Since that was a one-off, they mentioned in passing when I was there the other day that it was next up along with whatever larger batch they're doing at the same time.

Offline aspenc4

Yes, actually! Since that was a one-off, they mentioned in passing when I was there the other day that it was next up along with whatever larger batch they're doing at the same time.

You just made my day!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline regionfree

« Reply #237 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 19:31:11 »
Finally set up my black Norbatouch from Oco :) Here's the sound test with hyperspheres.

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #238 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 19:47:54 »
Sounds like a horse drawn carriage going over cobblestones in the rain, max comfy.
How do the spheres feel to you?

Offline strigif0rm3s

Yes, actually! Since that was a one-off, they mentioned in passing when I was there the other day that it was next up along with whatever larger batch they're doing at the same time.
Have you found any extras yet???? If so do you know the finishes on them??

Offline regionfree

« Reply #240 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 21:34:04 »
Sounds like a horse drawn carriage going over cobblestones in the rain, max comfy.
How do the spheres feel to you?

They feel okay, and I don't really feel the loss of travel/tactility that they say. It really improved the sound profile of the board. I noticed that the Novatouch's plate is thinner than Leopold/Realforce's, and that the slider housings also seem thinner than Leopold/HHKB/Realforce. I didn't like the stock sound.

Offline TheEerieCold

« Reply #241 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 23:06:09 »
Getting excited.. I hope Astrophysical Purple is soon! Thanks for the update Norbauer!

Offline g_ken92

« Reply #242 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 05:06:37 »
Hopefully there's an extra in the next couple of months. saw retro fridge available in the website but not enough fund to buy it now :/

Offline norbauer

« Reply #243 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 13:03:19 »
I made a few remaining "Norbatouch" cases available as of today online (including some spare riser feet). A handful of the anodized ones are in stock and ship within a few days. Powder will be finished-to-order (from already-completed, machined parts) with the usual turnaround of a couple of months. These are the last of the final ones I'm likely ever to make of this design (since Cooler Master has retired the underlying keyboard).

r2.5 update: I shipped the last batch of anodized cases yesterday. The r2.5 powder finishes are slowly but surely trickling out of the powder shop, and I'm shipping them as I get them. In short: I'm finally putting this one to bed! :) It's been a very fun project, but other designs and project have been calling to me, so it's nice to be wrapping things up here. Thanks, as always, everyone for your patience and support through this process. Once I get these last powder cases out the door over the coming weeks, it's on to new keyboard adventures! I hope some of you will come along with me for the ride.  :cool:

Offline deterouni

« Reply #244 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 08:59:18 »
I made a few remaining "Norbatouch" cases available as of today online (including some spare riser feet). A handful of the anodized ones are in stock and ship within a few days. Powder will be finished-to-order (from already-completed, machined parts) with the usual turnaround of a couple of months. These are the last of the final ones I'm likely ever to make of this design (since Cooler Master has retired the underlying keyboard).

r2.5 update: I shipped the last batch of anodized cases yesterday. The r2.5 powder finishes are slowly but surely trickling out of the powder shop, and I'm shipping them as I get them. In short: I'm finally putting this one to bed! :) It's been a very fun project, but other designs and project have been calling to me, so it's nice to be wrapping things up here. Thanks, as always, everyone for your patience and support through this process. Once I get these last powder cases out the door over the coming weeks, it's on to new keyboard adventures! I hope some of you will come along with me for the ride.  :cool:

By other projects any chance of that fc660c case?  :)

Offline norbauer

« Reply #245 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 12:57:48 »

Yes.  :cool:

Offline strigif0rm3s

Yes.  :cool:
Crap. RIP wallet.

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #247 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 13:23:32 »
FC660C case = instabuy :)

Offline FSund

« Reply #248 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 13:53:43 »
Please consider adding room for the 1UP FC660C controller in the upcoming case. Or, even better, include a custom controller in the box!
Join the Mechanical Keyboards Norway Discord server

Offline norbauer

« Reply #249 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 13:56:04 »
Please consider adding room for the 1UP FC660C controller in the upcoming case. Or, even better, include a custom controller in the box!

As far as I can tell, that one is a drop-in replacement for the sub-PCB that already comes with the FC660C. If so, I think all I need to do is design as normal for the included sub-PCB and the 1up controller should be compatible, no?