Author Topic: [GB] PBT Hive - GB CLOSED  (Read 47845 times)

Offline itsmartin

Re: [GB] PBT Hive - GB CLOSED
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 05:29:11 »
Basically every vendor bought extra sets to resell to people once the group buy is finished, such as yourself.

If you buy now you’re buying one of those extra sets and they’ll be delivered with everyone else’s when they’re finished manufacturing and sent to CandyKeys. There are only so many extra sets so if you’re keen then I’d suggest buying to make sure you secure your set.

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 05:50:13 »
Had a feeling it was something like that, just had to make sure! Thanks for the fast reply, just ordered the Core kit and a the Monochrome kit. Let the waiting game begin.

Now I can focus on a good case. Eyeballing the 7V, but my wallet is like, nah wait another month man!

Very excited!
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 April 2020, 05:54:42 by RendundantPancake »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 11:01:48 »
Hey!

So I'm new to the whole custom mechanical keyboard scene. Decided a few weeks ago I was gonna dive in and make my first board. I came across these (PBT Hive) keys on CandeyKeys but the progress says manufacturing and the set I want says 104/100. However I can still pro-order them. What does that mean? That there are 100 available and 104 people pre-ordered them?

EDIT: If I pre-order them what will happen?

Hey there, welcome to Geekhack. “Manufacturing” in this case just means that the GB window has closed. It's always best to check with the vendor directly (email: support@candykeys.com), but pre-order usually means that you're pre-ordering one of the extra sets that the vendor has allocated to be sold once GB participants' orders have shipped.
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 April 2020, 11:04:10 by konstantin »

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 12:36:57 »
Hey!

So I'm new to the whole custom mechanical keyboard scene. Decided a few weeks ago I was gonna dive in and make my first board. I came across these (PBT Hive) keys on CandeyKeys but the progress says manufacturing and the set I want says 104/100. However I can still pro-order them. What does that mean? That there are 100 available and 104 people pre-ordered them?

EDIT: If I pre-order them what will happen?

Hey there, welcome to Geekhack. “Manufacturing” in this case just means that the GB window has closed. It's always best to check with the vendor directly (email: support@candykeys.com), but pre-order usually means that you're pre-ordering one of the extra sets that the vendor has allocated to be sold once GB participants' orders have shipped.

Thanks for the explanation!

Offline Scriba

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 02:03:57 »
Is the manufacturing still on track due corona virus? Release date specification was June.

Offline borlopjim

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 08:27:16 »
Is the manufacturing still on track due corona virus? Release date specification was June.

I emailed CandyKeys and they told me the new estimated time was September

Offline Scriba

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 01:33:20 »

I emailed CandyKeys and they told me the new estimated time was September

Thanks for reply! sad to hear it delays but yeah..

Offline Scriba

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 04 August 2020, 06:52:58 »
Any update would be nice. Other GB hosts (Dixie Mech for example) do weekly updates.

Offline Liub

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 04 August 2020, 10:10:04 »
Any update would be nice. Other GB hosts (Dixie Mech for example) do weekly updates.

Here's info here:
https://thekey.company/collections/updates

Offline Rah3000

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 10 September 2020, 18:12:44 »
Are wutang keys part of the accent kit?

Offline benfrain

• benfrain.com
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 20 September 2020, 04:02:01 »
Anyone heard anymore on this? Updates said it was ‘shipping next week’ but that was in August

Offline benfrain

• benfrain.com
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 13:20:42 »
Anyone heard anymore on this? Updates said it was ‘shipping next week’ but that was in August
Mine shipped from CandyKeys today

Offline killchain

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 05:31:49 »
Also got mine from CandyKeys on the 23th (yesterday).

Offline tngpq

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 01:43:29 »
Are wutang keys part of the accent kit?

You are in for a pleasant surprise.

Offline Knoxx

• Spends too much on keyboards
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 01:58:04 »
Any news from IlumKB? I've been seeing a bunch of the sets ship out but no info from their end.