Author Topic: How is the monstargear NINJA87BT??  (Read 2919 times)

Offline as7784956

How is the monstargear NINJA87BT??
« on: Sun, 02 April 2023, 21:54:14 »
New to this forum. Reddit never really gives me good answers but I like mechanical keyboards and always find important information on here from google searches so here I am.

I have been a long-term user of the Archiss progrestouch retro TKL with MX brown switches which is a leopold clone? supposedly.
It broke down, so I brought the Keychron K8 pro with the aluminium plate. But I noticed that the escape key produces a very unpleasant squeaky noise with my mx brown. It happens even if I take the plate out of the case or just put it on the plate without the pcb, so it has to do with the escape key being isolated from other keys and the large area of aluminium plate right to the esc key amplifying the squeak (spring-ping? I dunno).

Keychron K8 pro is also ridiculously tall and i prefer the aesthetics of the leopolds. So I set my eyes on the monstargear ninja 87. It's just that the website specifies that it's aluminium plate and there's no option to change to FR4 (plate material of the archiss). I wonder if the ninja 87 is also gonna produce the same squeak on the esc key. Can anyone confirm that it's fine?

PS: Just noticed in a photo the ninja87 plate has a hole between the esc and f1, possibly just to mitigate this effect? So I should be fine I guess? Anyone care to confirm?

(I don't want to waste money on any other new keyboards, I have wasted enough just trying to look for a basic mx brown keyboard without getting bs faulty stuff.)
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 April 2023, 21:56:33 by as7784956 »