Author Topic: Another display thread, need opinion  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
Another display thread, need opinion
« on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 06:59:52 »
Hey all,
I'm currently running ASUS PB278Q on ergotech freedom arm, and my need for more screen space is growing by days
I was thinking to get another 24" vertically a couple of days ago and ordered another ASUS IPS 24" display, since I've another Ergotech Freedom arm laying around which would create a clean home working setup (no monitor stand on desk)

However I've been informed that Dell 34" curved is coming by end of April to the store near me, but there isn't much trustworthy review on youtube
http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=hk&l=en&s=bsd&cs=hkbsd1&sku=210-AEBV

GPU isn't a problem, I run 2x 290 watercooled
And I can sell the 27" and give the 24" to my employee at work if I go ahead with the Dell
Should I stick with 27" + Vertical 24" or should I get the 34" Dell?
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Re: Another display thread, need opinion
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 13:04:03 »
I guess it depends a lot what you use it for. If it's mostly work then having 2 displays might be better in some cases. But, if you game a lot I think having the one large curved ultrawide would be way better since you should have the gpu power to run it to advantage.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 14:30:57 »
Well the Dell curved is another "non pro ips" monitor, which means it only covers 70% Adobe-RGB space..

Basically that translates to slightly worse colors..  vs the 100-110% argb coverage screens, where the colors EXPLODE off the screen..

Now,  as far as GAMING is concerned..  the new ACER lightboosted IPS is the best monitor out there.. 

If you're buying a monitor for gaming today, you'd be stupid as sh7 to not get something with ULMB (Lightboost).. be it TN or IPS, lightboost is super important for gaming..

Not so much starcraft 2..,  but for MOBA and FPS,  lightboost is fantastic.

If you're gonna get IPS for something that involves "WORK" that translates to Accurate PRINTING or MASTERING... you're going to want the 100-110% A-rgb coverage screen.

I recommend the 34" LG for work. it's also only ~$1200 on amazon.

The 70% A-rgb screens are really just a cost cutting measure on part of the manufacturer's side to satisfy the curiosity of n00bs who neither Games-well nor Works-well...

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 16:26:49 »
That's the problem, the price for LG is the same from eBay (I can't buy one from Amazon, not available in my country)

But buying from eBay would need me to pay huge custom tax

But I've just knew about all those light boost, Thx for the info. I guess I might stick and give 2 displays a try like Ivan said until I figure a way to not pay the custom :(
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 March 2015, 16:29:13 by jokrik »
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo