Author Topic: Cherry G80-11900 awful stabilizer rattle  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Nerif

Cherry G80-11900 awful stabilizer rattle
« on: Tue, 05 October 2021, 14:46:00 »
So recently I got my Cherry G80-11900 keyboard. I really like this keyboard, it features cool switches (retooled Cherry MX Blacks which are much more smoother than the standard Cherry MX Black scracth-universe), cool keycaps (thick Cherry profile POM), plateless design and interesting layout, but... The keyboard has it's disadvantages too, and the name of it - the stablizers. They rattle a lot. So I'm asking for help. I want to know how to open these stabs to lube the wires of them and how to make a band-aid mod for them. These stabilizers are PCB-mount so I don't know anything what to do with them.
̷C̷M̷ ̷Q̷F̷ ̷X̷T̷ ̷[̷C̷h̷e̷r̷r̷y̷ ̷M̷X̷ ̷B̷l̷u̷e̷ ̷→̷ ̷C̷h̷e̷r̷r̷y̷ ̷M̷X̷ ̷B̷l̷a̷c̷k̷ ̷H̷y̷p̷e̷r̷g̷l̷i̷d̷e̷]̷
Anne Pro 2 [Gateron CAP Brown → Kailh BOX Dark Yellow]

Offline Faceman76

Re: Cherry G80-11900 awful stabilizer rattle
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 05 October 2021, 16:35:32 »
Pics?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TKC 1800, Crystal Box Navy, Sprit 100g

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 05 October 2021, 20:00:10 »
To remove the stabilizers you will need to open it up and unclip the stab in stabilizers from the back of the PCB and then you can do what ever you want with it or just remove the keycap and try to get lube in the stabs that also works if you can get it in the good spots but, removing the stabs are a cleaner way of doing it.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 October 2021, 20:33:33 by Sup »
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline Nerif

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 06 October 2021, 08:27:41 »
To remove the stabilizers you will need to open it up and unclip the stab in stabilizers from the back of the PCB and then you can do what ever you want with it or just remove the keycap and try to get lube in the stabs that also works if you can get it in the good spots but, removing the stabs are a cleaner way of doing it.https://cdn.geekhack.org/Smileys/solosmileys/wink.gif

Thank you for the advice. Now I've done the necessary modifications (clipping+lubing) and now there is no rattle.  ;)
̷C̷M̷ ̷Q̷F̷ ̷X̷T̷ ̷[̷C̷h̷e̷r̷r̷y̷ ̷M̷X̷ ̷B̷l̷u̷e̷ ̷→̷ ̷C̷h̷e̷r̷r̷y̷ ̷M̷X̷ ̷B̷l̷a̷c̷k̷ ̷H̷y̷p̷e̷r̷g̷l̷i̷d̷e̷]̷
Anne Pro 2 [Gateron CAP Brown → Kailh BOX Dark Yellow]