Author Topic: [IC] SP-SA Carbon Round 2  (Read 138972 times)

Offline need

Re: [IC] SP-SA Carbon Round 2
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 23:02:57 »
cant wait to see exotic kit for minila compatibility :p

+ 1

We need a 2u shift

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #101 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 23:20:07 »
Thanks for 1u row 4 keys. Now do I try to buy left over on monday from massdrop or just wait for this??

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
« Reply #102 on: Sat, 25 March 2017, 07:46:32 »
Will be in for what I do not currently have.. numpad, novelties, orange alphas, some weird sized caps for weird layout keyboards if it gets produced

Offline kbwarrior

« Reply #103 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 13:26:10 »
Hooray for the DC kit and sculpted dvorak!
You just made my day and a couple more people's, I'm sure  ;D

Offline PolarKen

« Reply #104 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 04:28:20 »
I'm in!! OMG I have been waited for so long. At the time of first drop, I was still newbie that think the Keycap set was too expensive.

I regret until today. Would like to grab one!!

Offline yokken

« Reply #105 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 08:51:06 »
Definitely in for base and a few compatibility kits. Managed to snag novelties and a numpad set on Massdrop today but couldn't get a base set... classic. A few cool 1u and 1.5u keys for 65%/75% compatibility (like Fn, Hack, Code, etc) would be nice, though I plan on using novelties as well so I'm hoping I'll be able to fill those gaps without having to use CONTROL and ALT.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #106 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 09:00:01 »
Definitely in for base and a few compatibility kits. Managed to snag novelties and a numpad set on Massdrop today but couldn't get a base set... classic. A few cool 1u and 1.5u keys for 65%/75% compatibility (like Fn, Hack, Code, etc) would be nice, though I plan on using novelties as well so I'm hoping I'll be able to fill those gaps without having to use CONTROL and ALT.

Had base + orange alphas in my cart but decided just to wait for r2 instead because I need compatibility kits. Although kind of regretting not just getting orange alphas + Planck for my let's split kit.
keyboards.

Offline cursedpillow

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 09:02:07 »
this is a dream come true, oj rig and mkb theme <3

Offline Kavik

« Reply #108 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 09:07:00 »

Had base + orange alphas in my cart but decided just to wait for r2 instead because I need compatibility kits. Although kind of regretting not just getting orange alphas + Planck for my let's split kit.

SA Carbon and VE.A were the two things I really wanted from Massdrop's Yanbo's Closet thingy today, but I passed on both. I even got to work early today so that I could snag one of the 4 VE.As, but, when I saw the $419 price tag and then another ~$150-ish for the keycaps in my cart, I just couldn't pull the trigger (I knew it would be around that price, but actually clicking "Join Drop" was harder than I thought). Glad there's going to be a round 2 of SA Carbon so that I don't feel quite as bad for letting it go (if I'd even been able to get the right kits). Oh, well, at least I still have money now.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline merintil

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 09:17:57 »

SA Carbon and VE.A were the two things I really wanted from Massdrop's Yanbo's Closet thingy today, but I passed on both. I even got to work early today so that I could snag one of the 4 VE.As, but, when I saw the $419 price tag and then another ~$150-ish for the keycaps in my cart, I just couldn't pull the trigger (I knew it would be around that price, but actually clicking "Join Drop" was harder than I thought). Glad there's going to be a round 2 of SA Carbon so that I don't feel quite as bad for letting it go (if I'd even been able to get the right kits). Oh, well, at least I still have money now.

I'm in the same boat as you. I am really glad that there will be a R2 for SA Carbon, and I don't feel too bad for missing out on the Yanbo sale.

Offline KnightDX

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 09:24:59 »

I'm in the same boat as you. I am really glad that there will be a R2 for SA Carbon, and I don't feel too bad for missing out on the Yanbo sale.

I missed out on the Yanbo sale too, very sad ; but came here and sure enough round 2!

Offline kimbles

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 11:16:05 »
I'm in for sure, just started getting into keycaps and I have to say that this is by far the most appealing one.. Weird question but is there any room to add any keys to the modifier kit? Specifically speaking my keyboard requires a R4 x 1.75u FN key.. would that be a possibility at all?
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 11:21:11 »
I'm in for sure, just started getting into keycaps and I have to say that this is by far the most appealing one.. Weird question but is there any room to add any keys to the modifier kit? Specifically speaking my keyboard requires a R4 x 1.75u FN key.. would that be a possibility at all?

What board would that be for? Sounds super nieche and I would guess a Novelty key will accomodate you for this.

Offline kimbles

« Reply #113 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 11:37:15 »

What board would that be for? Sounds super nieche and I would guess a Novelty key will accomodate you for this.

It's a Chinese 96 key layout board. Not sure if it has a brand name to be honest with you. I think I will look into the novelty keyset add-on.. thanks for the suggestion.
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #114 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 11:39:27 »
uniform r3 please go for it.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #115 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 11:43:23 »

It's a Chinese 96 key layout board. Not sure if it has a brand name to be honest with you. I think I will look into the novelty keyset add-on.. thanks for the suggestion.

The only two 1.75u keys I know of in any 96key are Capslock and Right Shift, odd layout!

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #116 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 13:25:00 »
The SALT on rmk is real. Its clear all the sets sold today in "Yanbo's Closet" were leftovers from previous GB, so it was first come first serve. There was no intention to trigger somebody. They've just sold that they got. Its very well known that in this hobby you have to bring some patiency. I am sure all the sets featured in that sale will be running some day again like Carbon does. Just be patient.

Only exotic kit probably.

uniform r3 please go for it.

Nope. There are adaptive alphas and thats it.

Offline traktor

« Reply #117 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 16:18:22 »
Gorgeous set! Would be nice to have support for the Planck grid layout in the 40% set. It is missing a 1u space.

Offline PlasticSporkz

« Reply #118 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 16:29:59 »
What sets would I need to achieve full coverage on a Leopold FC980M?

Update.

Modifiers kits:
- Added hhkb look a like support (duck viper etc.). See row 2 delete and row 3 control keys.
- Added missing row 4 1u mods (alt, func, ctrl).
- Bone modifiers: changed beige on orange escape to gray on orange.
Show Image

Show Image

Alphas:
- Added hhkb look a like support. See row 1 "|\" key.
Note: These are the main Carbon alphas. These will be supported 100% through all the child deals. The other alphas (orange and adaptive) are specific and optional, thus these will be supported only to some extent. Its important for me to give you as many choices as possible, but i think we should keep it real and do not allow the kits to blow up, just to support all the options. These are the main alphas they got all the support and everything else is optional.
Show Image

New "Old" DC kit:
Show Image

Adaptive Alphas (former Alphas extension) [OPTIONAL!!!]
The general idea behind these alphas was previously different. It was supposed to work as extender kit - to extend the main alphas so they could be mixed with other sets with differen profile constelations.
However things have changed and these adaptive alphas can be used as stand alone alphas for profile constelations of 2333 and 3333 (uniform). To get any possible profile constelation you still need to get both alphas.
But thats the main idea now? Well i've talked with jack humbert back in the day and he told me about the preference for an uniform (3333) profile on a planck keyboard. This time i'd like to support this idea and i want still give atleast a support for a default profiled (2343) planck layout. So in order to get an uniform planck you need to get Adaptive Alphas and 40% kit. To get a profiled planck you need to get the standard alphas and 40% kit. Important: Again you need to keep in mind that the profiled planck supports only the default layout of the planck. With uniform planck you get all the freedom to map each key as you want even exotics like dvorak and colemak (thus i've added also dc homing keys ;) ).
Show Image

Did i mentioned 40% kit?

40%: (that kit screams to be called vodka)
Supports profiled (2343 default layout) and unform (3333 any layout) planck.
Supports also Van, JD40 and JD45 (all profiled 2343) layouts.
Show Image

Since its obvious somebody will ask it: the ergodox kit will support only full profiled alphas.
Ducky Shine 2, Poker II, Leopold FC980M x2. Cherry Blues

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #119 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 16:41:45 »

Update.

Modifiers kits:
- Added hhkb look a like support (duck viper etc.). See row 2 delete and row 3 control keys.
Show Image

Show Image

Alphas:
Note: These are the main Carbon alphas. These will be supported 100% through all the child deals. The other alphas (orange and adaptive) are specific and optional, thus these will be supported only to some extent. Its important for me to give you as many choices as possible, but i think we should keep it real and do not allow the kits to blow up, just to support all the options. These are the main alphas they got all the support and everything else is optional.
Show Image

New "Old" DC kit:
Show Image

The general idea behind these alphas was previously different. It was supposed to work as extender kit - to extend the main alphas so they could be mixed with other sets with differen profile constelations.
However things have changed and these adaptive alphas can be used as stand alone alphas for profile constelations of 2333 and 3333 (uniform). To get any possible profile constelation you still need to get both alphas.
But thats the main idea now? Well i've talked with jack humbert back in the day and he told me about the preference for an uniform (3333) profile on a planck keyboard. This time i'd like to support this idea and i want still give atleast a support for a default profiled (2343) planck layout. So in order to get an uniform planck you need to get Adaptive Alphas and 40% kit. To get a profiled planck you need to get the standard alphas and 40% kit. Important: Again you need to keep in mind that the profiled planck supports only the default layout of the planck. With uniform planck you get all the freedom to map each key as you want even exotics like dvorak and colemak (thus i've added also dc homing keys ;) ).
Show Image

Did i mentioned 40% kit?

Show Image

Since its obvious somebody will ask it: the ergodox kit will support only full profiled alphas.

Alphas + Modifiers (not bone modifiers since these are optional) + numpad kit (which is not released)

Offline Zucchini

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 18:04:56 »
Long time reader yet seeing this I had to jump on and make an account just to say thank you for running this again!

Question, sorry if I have missed this some place on here but will you be running the flex kit with round 2? :D

Offline Jumie

« Reply #121 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 20:29:22 »
What about R4 1u Fn key?

Offline VereChi

« Reply #122 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 21:55:12 »
Is there any other SA set have legend CONTROL instead of CTRL?

I have noticed that R1 was CTRL which I think would have a better look on SA.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #123 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 22:02:05 »

I did end up grabbing gmk carbon though 😀 lots of people complaining about everything selling out but seemed like I had plenty of time to add sa, contemplate, remove and buy gmk. Had my eye on a carbon set for a long time and this second chance at a GB price couldn't be passed up in the end.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 March 2017, 22:04:10 by tameone »
keyboards.

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #124 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 22:08:28 »
I wasn't sure if I wanted to get an SA profile set, but if it's going to be Carbon then I'll take the plunge to try them out.

Offline alexicon

« Reply #125 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 00:52:38 »
so in! my money is waiting!

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #126 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 01:04:54 »
What about R4 1u Fn key?

There is a 1u r4 Fn key maybe you looked at the old pictures.

Offline Tre3Cycl3S

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 01:58:05 »
Just want to chime in and say that I am definitely very excited for this to be dropped again!

Knowing this also helped me greatly in getting some other keycap sets that I really want from Yanbo's closet sale today instead of focusing on getting Carbon SA.
QFR           HHKB Pro-2     JD45         VE.A                    XMIT 61-Key       JD40 Mk.II                    Realforce 87U     M65-A                 Custom:Annie      NightFox      Pearl                  E6-V2 R2                          Norbaforce
MX Blue     45g Topre        MX Blue     R5 67g Zealios     50g Hall Effect     Modded Gateron Red     55g Topre           R5 78g Zealios     62g Ergo Grey     Hako True     R9 62g Zilent     Lubed Holy Trash Panda     OG Sony BKE Domes

Offline VereChi

« Reply #128 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 03:15:26 »
Hi Tom can you replace the legend CONTROL with CTRL?
Control on GMK set looks classic and pretty but CONTROL on SA set looks very crowded and overfull...

Offline PlasticSporkz

« Reply #129 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 10:39:48 »

Update.

Modifiers kits:
Show Image

Show Image

Alphas:
Show Image

New "Old" DC kit:
Show Image

Show Image

Did i mentioned 40% kit?

Show Image

Alphas + Modifiers (not bone modifiers since these are optional) + numpad kit (which is not released)

Will the numpad kit be released with this drop?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #130 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 11:20:22 »
Control on GMK set looks classic and pretty but CONTROL on SA set looks very crowded and overfull...

No problem will change control to ctrl. Was already my concern that 1.25u key might have to little space for typical modern modified font. Actually i will also change mac kit to shorter names for example "COMMAND"  to "CMD".

Ofcourse! It is a must have kit. ;)

Question, sorry if I have missed this some place on here but will you be running the flex kit with round 2? :D

Will definitely be included :)

It is missing a 1u space.

My bad. Will add three (gray, orange and beige) 1u blank keys in the next update.

Offline maximm

« Reply #131 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 11:48:37 »

What? Control is far superior to Ctrl on SA, even on 1.25. Dear god do not listen to that man and keep the full Control!
Please use the full spelling for everything as on my SA Round 6 which looks amazing!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #132 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 11:54:26 »
Control > Ctrl.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #133 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 12:00:29 »

What? Control is far superior to Ctrl on SA, even on 1.25. Dear god do not listen to that man and keep the full Control!
Please use the full spelling for everything as on my SA Round 6 which looks amazing!

Show Image

Thanks for that great example. Didn't knew control is that great. Thought it would be scrabbled together like "command". I'll keep control as it is. Though page up and page down need to be fixed. I've seen some 7bits sets which had proper page up and down keys.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #134 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 12:01:02 »
I feel the Ctrl vs Control issue would be best solved in a poll instead of trying to push tom to the left or right side with comments.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #135 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 12:03:19 »
I feel the Ctrl vs Control issue would be best solved in a poll instead of trying to push tom to the left or right side with comments.

Control is that i personally want. Just needed an example.

Offline VereChi

« Reply #136 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 12:04:52 »

I agreed with this.

😭😭😭😭😭😭

Offline esum

« Reply #137 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 16:11:57 »
Auto joined!

Offline PlasticSporkz

« Reply #138 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 16:16:25 »

Is there any type of ETA on when the drop will happen?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #139 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 16:18:07 »

As stated in the first post
Dropdate? - Summer... Late July or August.

Offline PlasticSporkz

« Reply #140 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 16:21:08 »

As stated in the first post
Dropdate? - Summer... Late July or August.

Yea I just went back and looked and saw it. Was fixing to delete my question but you already replied.  Thanks mate.

Offline KnightDX

« Reply #141 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 19:55:35 »
I want this to drop so bad , it can't come fast enough.

Offline yokken

« Reply #142 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 15:18:20 »

Yeah, me too. Unfortunately with the drop ~4 months away, there's little chance we'll have this set in hand before Sept-Oct timeframe. :(

Offline KnightDX

« Reply #143 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 15:19:27 »

Yeah, me too. Unfortunately with the drop ~4 months away, there's little chance we'll have this set in hand before Sept-Oct timeframe. :(

That's ok , maybe it will be a Christmas or New Years gift :)

Offline hansichen

« Reply #144 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 15:34:46 »
Maybe Chinese new year :P SP is booked until December. Maybe massdrop has a fixed spot earlier but I don't expect that. I would hope for q1 2018 as a delivery time. Everything else is way too optimistic :P

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #145 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 16:40:51 »
Maybe Chinese new year :P SP is booked until December. Maybe massdrop has a fixed spot earlier but I don't expect that. I would hope for q1 2018 as a delivery time. Everything else is way too optimistic :P

Probably q1 2018 maybe even earlier. Depends on many factors thus i cant say exactly. But if things go right - the waiting time might become shorter as usual. Anyway the most important thing is, its gonna to happen and everyone who missed round 1 can get into round 2 with more options.

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #146 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 16:49:09 »
With all the other sets out his year I'm fine with the wait for this. With the rise of 65% boards thanks for adjusting too. Can't wait to see what's new!

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
« Reply #147 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 20:14:20 »
It's probably a long shot, but any chance of orange adaptive alphas? Sculpted is a no go for me because of my unusual layout, but the standard colour is just a little too plain.
TG3 BL82, Cherry MX clears
Access IS 15x8 matrix layout, Cherry MX blacks

Offline gandroider

« Reply #148 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 20:23:19 »
This will be a my end-game SA profile, I will definitely join for a 1800 and full-sized layout.

Offline B1G_B1RD

• * Maker
« Reply #149 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 11:00:10 »
I think Carbon is one of my favorite produced key sets. I got in on the GMK and would also be in on the SA set.