Author Topic: [IC] Laser GMK - 80's & Cyberpunk (LIVE)  (Read 263259 times)

Offline ctrl

Re: [IC] Laser GMK - An 80's vs Cyberpunk Project
« Reply #450 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 06:31:13 »
Any chance for a 1u AltGr key?

Most keycap sets I've seen only includes 1.25u AltGr in their international/euro/norde kits, but this is really frustrating. The AltGr key is always directly to the right of the spacebar and in any 60% layout that includes arrow keys that key will be 1u.

So as it is, if I'd like a proper AltGr key, I can't have arrow keys.

Please help.

PS. I'm well aware I could just as easily replace it with a blank or a novelty cap, but I'd really like to have a proper option.

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #451 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 06:37:38 »

Most keycap sets I've seen only includes 1.25u AltGr in their international/euro/norde kits, but this is really frustrating. The AltGr key is always directly to the right of the spacebar and in any 60% layout that includes arrow keys that key will be 1u.

Please help.

PS. I'm well aware I could just as easily replace it with a blank or a novelty cap, but I'd really like to have a proper option.

or with a normal 1u Alt?

Offline Endeavour1934

« Reply #452 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 10:07:53 »

Please help.

or with a normal 1u Alt?
I use ANSI International and on my 75% boards I just use the 1u Alt key. Anyway, in the base set there is also a 1u Hack key that could work too.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 June 2017, 10:13:28 by Endeavour1934 »

Offline TheOtherDave

« Reply #453 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 11:56:49 »
Because in america there is a large population who cannot touch type
The easiest way to fix that is to not have the legends on the keycaps match what the keyboard outputs. I'm mostly hunt 'n' peck on QWERTY, but a touch-typist on Dvorak.

Offline smt

• I like keyboards
    • smt.io
« Reply #454 on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 09:11:25 »
The easiest way to fix that is to not have the legends on the keycaps match what the keyboard outputs. I'm mostly hunt 'n' peck on QWERTY, but a touch-typist on Dvorak.
I am the same way with Qwerty & Dvorak. Having something like Hiragana mono legends would empower me to go back and learn to touch-type properly in Qwerty, which is something I've been meaning to do. Ofc, blanks would do the job just as well... but I'm buying Laser either way ;)
HHKB Pro 2 | FC660C | Clueboards | MOD-M Custom | MiniVan | Preonic | Planck | Let's Split | Anne Pro | WASD CODE TKL

Offline e_l_tang

« Reply #455 on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 09:18:38 »
I am the same way with Qwerty & Dvorak. Having something like Hiragana mono legends would empower me to go back and learn to touch-type properly in Qwerty, which is something I've been meaning to do. Ofc, blanks would do the job just as well... but I'm buying Laser either way ;)
There is little to no benefit to learning touch typing on a layout that predates touch typing. It's not worth your time.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #456 on: Sat, 03 June 2017, 02:48:34 »
If hiragana wins, what I really hope is added is custom modifiers for like shift and tab and such without english on them, symbols or something. I wanna be able to use the novelties and the hiragana to have as pretentious a keyboard as is possible for work. It's too hilarious watching my coworkers trying to type on my keyboard with translucent caps (they are actually front labeled not that you can tell if i leave the LEDs on) and constant random rgb background. They just give up. (Yes... there are really software engineers who cannot touchtype...)

I'm sure it's just a pipe dream, but I think it would be cool. I guess I could always try and track down blanks in the right profiles/colors.

Offline dodgeyhack

« Reply #457 on: Sat, 03 June 2017, 08:09:41 »
Mmmmm nice. This will look great with a wood case (or faux wood?) to match the aesthetic.
It's a shame there's no love for hybrid... that's my favourite. Partly because I really like the look of the square bracket keys for some reason, but mostly because I think this keycap suits the more busy style of Hybrid and Gaijin (though I think Gaijin is just a bit too busy). :thumb: from me

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #458 on: Sat, 03 June 2017, 08:38:05 »
I'm sure it's just a pipe dream, but I think it would be cool. I guess I could always try and track down blanks in the right profiles/colors.

Icon modifiers are hardly a pipe dream, GMK Yuri's icons kit succeeded handily (reaching the furthest drop point of 250, ending up at around $50 for the kit) and if MiTo would like to use the same moulds, I'm sure T0mb3ry would be more than willing to allow him to do so. This would bring down the costs a fair bit which would mean Hiragana + Icon mods should land right around or even under $100 like Yuri's Cyrillic + icons did.

Offline Auk

« Reply #459 on: Sat, 03 June 2017, 08:46:34 »
were the icon modifiers already a standard, not used often, or were they created specifically for Yuri?

Offline ..//dexx

« Reply #460 on: Sat, 03 June 2017, 09:00:07 »
were the icon modifiers already a standard, not used often, or were they created specifically for Yuri?

By standard, did you mean if other sets have/had them? It's not really a new thing. Most sets have them if they fit the theme.

Offline thelaughingman

• Simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealist and t
« Reply #461 on: Sat, 03 June 2017, 09:02:45 »

Icon modifiers are hardly a pipe dream, GMK Yuri's icons kit succeeded handily (reaching the furthest drop point of 250, ending up at around $50 for the kit) and if MiTo would like to use the same moulds, I'm sure T0mb3ry would be more than willing to allow him to do so. This would bring down the costs a fair bit which would mean Hiragana + Icon mods should land right around or even under $100 like Yuri's Cyrillic + icons did.

Show Image

If MiTo does offer an icon modifiers kit, I'd much prefer what he designed for Canvas, a lot lot more than what T0mb3ry designed for Yuri ;D

Offline Auk

« Reply #462 on: Sat, 03 June 2017, 09:20:18 »
Hiragana + Icon mods should land right around or even under $100 like Yuri's Cyrillic + icons did

If it's going to happen for Laser it would be nice if there is a complete base kit with the Hirigana + Icons substituted for the vanilla alphas and modifiers. That really was a disappointing lack of option on Yuri, I understand T0mb3ry had a sane rationale for making them an extra only but in the end Yuri sold great numbers despite landing in the middle of this exceptional run of great keysets.

By standard, did you mean if other sets have/had them? It's not really a new thing. Most sets have them if they fit the theme.

I was thinking I'd read the icon modifiers were already a thing long before Yuri, based on an international standard and maybe GMK already had the molds. I wasn't sure after Vigrith mentioned T0mb3ry allowing their use here.
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 June 2017, 09:29:57 by Auk »

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #463 on: Sat, 03 June 2017, 11:15:58 »
If MiTo does offer an icon modifiers kit, I'd much prefer what he designed for Canvas, a lot lot more than what T0mb3ry designed for Yuri ;D

Show Image

I like the Canvas icons a lot too. Point is, the Yuri icons were made for GMK, their moulds cost like $300 per 1u, using those would save VERY significant money and make the kit much more accessible. It's not about preference, it's about logistics.

Offline EdwardEvad3rs

« Reply #464 on: Sat, 03 June 2017, 12:50:24 »
Interesting !! It will be in my cart ...  ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

Offline xantiema

« Reply #465 on: Sat, 03 June 2017, 13:24:27 »
Hiragana Monolegends is truly what makes GMK enticing for the first time in my opinion.. It is the perfect fit for this  :eek: :cool: ;D

Offline yokken

« Reply #466 on: Sat, 03 June 2017, 13:32:48 »
Maybe I misunderstand the 80s but I don't see how Japanese legends are a "perfect" fit for representing the 80s. Unless people mean that Japanese legends are a perfect fit for a fluorescent colorway, then I can see how people might associate bright colors with Japan.

Offline Ouhei

« Reply #467 on: Sat, 03 June 2017, 13:53:20 »
Maybe I misunderstand the 80s but I don't see how Japanese legends are a "perfect" fit for representing the 80s. Unless people mean that Japanese legends are a perfect fit for a fluorescent colorway, then I can see how people might associate bright colors with Japan.
They come in to this set from the Cyberpunk side of things. Many cyberpunk stories involve the mixing of eastern and western cultures and often use Japanese themes. See Blade Runner and Ghost in the Shell as prime examples. There's also a lot of 80's video game culture stuff in this set, which was all basically exclusively coming out of Japan at the time.

Offline yokken

« Reply #468 on: Sat, 03 June 2017, 14:56:50 »
Blade Runner has nothing to do with Japan but GitS, sure. I can't speak to the origin of cyberpunk, though I could see Japan being the origin since Japan was ahead of the rest of the world in technology around that time. And yes, many games came out of Japan. I still don't agree that the 80s and Japanese culture go hand-in-hand, but I can see why other people might think so.

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

•  Post Reporting Timeout
« Reply #469 on: Sat, 03 June 2017, 16:47:27 »
Blade Runner has nothing to do with Japan but GitS, sure. I can't speak to the origin of cyberpunk, though I could see Japan being the origin since Japan was ahead of the rest of the world in technology around that time. And yes, many games came out of Japan. I still don't agree that the 80s and Japanese culture go hand-in-hand, but I can see why other people might think so.

Blade Runner the movie is not the only cyberpunk inspiration, although the most visual one. Let's not forget assumed Gibson words:
Modern Japan simply was cyberpunk. The Japanese themselves knew it and delighted in it. I remember my first glimpse of Shibuya, when one of the young Tokyo journalists who had taken me there, his face drenched with the light of a thousand media-suns - all that towering, animated crawl of commercial information - said, ‘You see? You see? It is Blade Runner town.' And it was. It so evidently was.
Even if that's a false quotation, Neuromancer says it all.

Offline thelaughingman

« Reply #470 on: Sat, 03 June 2017, 22:09:20 »
I like the Canvas icons a lot too. Point is, the Yuri icons were made for GMK, their moulds cost like $300 per 1u, using those would save VERY significant money and make the kit much more accessible. It's not about preference, it's about logistics.

I must disagree, it's a balance of preference AND logistics. If it's purely about preference, everyone would get everything they would ever wanted. If it's purely about logistics, then we would get no option but the standard ones for biggest economies of scale. Given what MiTo wrote about designing Canvas, it would fit his goal of spreading the icon mods designs as well. Plus, there is never any moulds until someone get them made, so why not now? It's up to the set designer to choose which would be on offer, but I already know which one I would buy and which I would not anyways.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #471 on: Sat, 03 June 2017, 23:04:16 »

Blade Runner the movie is not the only cyberpunk inspiration, although the most visual one. Let's not forget assumed Gibson words:
Modern Japan simply was cyberpunk. The Japanese themselves knew it and delighted in it. I remember my first glimpse of Shibuya, when one of the young Tokyo journalists who had taken me there, his face drenched with the light of a thousand media-suns - all that towering, animated crawl of commercial information - said, ‘You see? You see? It is Blade Runner town.' And it was. It so evidently was.
Even if that's a false quotation, Neuromancer says it all.

Yup yup, Neuromancer for sure... i suspect the movie the other guy was thinking about was Johnny Mnemonic which also happens to be Gibson.

http://muir.massey.ac.nz/bitstream/handle/10179/816/02whole.pdf

Here's a thesis I found about Gibson, Cyberpunk and Japan :O.

But sure... no correlation  ;) ;) ;)

EDIT: ALso, you can't forget Akira.
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 June 2017, 23:07:22 by Amnesia »

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #472 on: Sun, 04 June 2017, 00:33:04 »
I must disagree, it's a balance of preference AND logistics. If it's purely about preference, everyone would get everything they would ever wanted. If it's purely about logistics, then we would get no option but the standard ones for biggest economies of scale. Given what MiTo wrote about designing Canvas, it would fit his goal of spreading the icon mods designs as well. Plus, there is never any moulds until someone get them made, so why not now? It's up to the set designer to choose which would be on offer, but I already know which one I would buy and which I would not anyways.

I think I didn't get what I wanted to across properly at the end there - I definitely agree that it is a balanced about preference(s) and logistics. What I meant with what I said was that IF MiTo were to opt for using Yuri's moulds, then it'd be significantly cheaper for us buyers to purchase the icon mods set. I didn't mean that I think we should exclude the possibility of using Canvas' icons (or any other all-new ones freshly designed for Laser), I'm all for that personally as I do prefer those to Yuri's myself, I just meant that if one were hard-pressed for numbers/profitability then using Yuri's moulds would definitely be beneficial as well as preferable over not offering any.

I also agree that if new ones can be made realistically then there is no reason why it shouldn't be done now.

Offline thelaughingman

« Reply #473 on: Sun, 04 June 2017, 05:22:57 »

I think I didn't get what I wanted to across properly at the end there - I definitely agree that it is a balanced about preference(s) and logistics. What I meant with what I said was that IF MiTo were to opt for using Yuri's moulds, then it'd be significantly cheaper for us buyers to purchase the icon mods set. I didn't mean that I think we should exclude the possibility of using Canvas' icons (or any other all-new ones freshly designed for Laser), I'm all for that personally as I do prefer those to Yuri's myself, I just meant that if one were hard-pressed for numbers/profitability then using Yuri's moulds would definitely be beneficial as well as preferable over not offering any.

I also agree that if new ones can be made realistically then there is no reason why it shouldn't be done now.

Thank you for the explanation. Your point about offering Yuri's icon mods would still be better than not offering any is valid though. Looking at Yuri's icon mods prices from MOQ to lowest break, it's about $10 difference which I can take that hit if we get new designs from MiTo and it's good. Though I also do understand many others might not feel the same. I guess all we can do is to wait for update from the man's himself :)

Offline Ouhei

« Reply #474 on: Sun, 04 June 2017, 12:05:46 »
Japan and Japanese culture are a huge influence on Blade Runner. A big part of Japan being a big part of  cyberpunk is there was a growing feeling that Japan's economy would take over as the dominant one since they were leading the technology field at the time.

It's not so much that the 80's = Japan, but that this set draws on that part of the 80's.

Offline isunktheship

• AJCVisual
« Reply #475 on: Mon, 05 June 2017, 02:47:41 »
Shodan is probably too hard to represent on a small key, but I think the logo of the TriOptimum Corporation would be a good fit for the set maybe? :)

Show Image

http://shodan.wikia.com/wiki/TriOptimum
Re-read the thread, how did I miss this.. obligatory +1 from me :)

Offline t-g-l-h-

« Reply #476 on: Tue, 06 June 2017, 16:31:49 »
i'm super late to this party but I am interested as **** in this set! Need a full 96key (with arrow keys) setup

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #477 on: Tue, 06 June 2017, 18:01:40 »
can we get windowed (stepped) caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock?

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #478 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 21:41:28 »
look nice will have 2u?

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #479 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 08:49:21 »
Was there a post showing what colors are being used for this?

This looks real close to nautilus minus the yellow.

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #480 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 09:00:46 »
They're custom colors.  And Nautilus uses blue alphas/mods, while this uses purple.  Only actual similarity is the cyan alpha legends; the alphas, mods, accents and mod legends are all different.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #481 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 09:54:20 »
They're custom colors.  And Nautilus uses blue alphas/mods, while this uses purple.  Only actual similarity is the cyan alpha legends; the alphas, mods, accents and mod legends are all different.
I thought it was purple but I guess my screen is calibrated weird.

Now I want the set more with the purple.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #482 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 20:16:29 »
I apologize before hand for the delayed update, it was supposed to be posted sometime in the past weeks but I got caught with tons of work. As mentioned on my last update, I receive great news regarding some aspects of the Laser project which I'm really excited about and would like to share with you.

Colors

We are currently sampling keycaps in the official colors of the keyset, I expect to see the initial results in the near future. That's very important because some of the commissions and collaborations I've got lined up can't progress without the official colors figured out. In case there's anyone curious about the color codes, they don't actually exist. Pantones were initially used as a general reference but now we are going to match the renders, so a precise code does not exist. The colors are what you're seeing on my renders and they have some accuracy.

2u Shift

As requested by many users, there will be a 2u wide Shift keycap present on the Base Kit in order to cover layouts such as the XD60.

Novelties

The current selection of Novelties seem to be injection friendly and I don't expect to have issues with any of the particular designs. I've got a list going on with simpler designs/references to act as replacements in case we encounter difficulties and I'll be sharing those with you if needed. As a side note, some of the legends borrowed from Carbon might be replaced, more notably the High Voltage symbol which I'll swap for the Akira pill and the Skull, to be replaced by a Robocop reference of some sort.

Japanese Legends, D/C Kit and ErgoPlanck

Regarding the Japanese kit, you don't have to worry about pricing as I've got it sorted out. Speaking about the designs presented, I closed the poll once it reached about 2k votes and we all know the results. I released a new poll featuring the two winners and now we must decide which one will make into the actual keyset. Please go ahead and drop a vote, even if you voted before, in this link right here. Some people brute forced the last poll in favor of the monolegends, so I added an extra layer of security to the new poll - if you find a breach in the layer I ask you guys to be honest and vote just one time. There will be a Dvorak/Colemak kit added to actual the group buy. The ErgoPlanck kit will remain blank, but I'm going to offer some extra keycaps on it for extra color options.

For now that's basically it, I'm working on super cool stuff behind the curtains to ensure this will be a remarkable project to all of you. Due to the magnitude of the project and all parts involved, I can't provide you with a solid launch date just yet. But expect it to happen between the conclusion of Nautilus and November, 2017.

I wish you all a wonderful week and I'll bring more updates soon - including the visual stuff that I mentioned throughout this update (i.e. Akira, Robocop, etc.)

First of all, I love this set! Count me in, it's an instabuy! :D

I don't know of you're still taking suggestions for the novelties, but here are my 2 cents:
Show Image

● A small detail that is bothering me... wouldn't it be better if the Tachikoma's eyes (three dots) were centered instead of tilted? And maybe just a bit smaller? I had to read the description to notice what it was.

● Other suggestions for keycaps (some already contributed by other users):
- (80s) Logos from Atari, Commodore, MSX... if that's allowed
- (80s) Tron bike or recognizer
- (80s) Johnny 5 from Short Circuit - here is a quick sketch I've made with different expressions:
Show Image

- (Cyberpunk) Robocop helmet / OCP logo
- (Cyberpunk) Kaneda bike / pill logo from Akira

I'm looking into tuning the Tachikoma eyes, the specific design you saw implemented was conceived after a screenshot sent to me, presumably from the anime. I' going to until the eyes or make them bigger in order to avoid the confusion with a bowling ball and pins. 

so... are the "CAPS LOCO" caps going to be pad printed

All keycaps present in the project will be double shot, I thought that CAPS LOCO was a cool addition but if you guys don't enjoy it we can change to the normal CAPS LOCK. Let me know what you guys think and we can arrive in a final design together.

Offline smt

• I like keyboards
    • smt.io
« Reply #483 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 20:44:17 »
Thanks for the update MiTo!

I'm now reading Neuromancer for the first time, and loving it.
HHKB Pro 2 | FC660C | Clueboards | MOD-M Custom | MiniVan | Preonic | Planck | Let's Split | Anne Pro | WASD CODE TKL

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #484 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 22:40:24 »

All keycaps present in the project will be double shot, I thought that CAPS LOCO was a cool addition but if you guys don't enjoy it we can change to the normal CAPS LOCK. Let me know what you guys think and we can arrive in a final design together.

I think I like the idea of CAPS LOCO  :p

Offline Draic

« Reply #485 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 23:41:21 »

+1
Keep the caps loco please

Offline typischt

« Reply #486 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 23:46:14 »
Yoo MiTo
I totally love this set, it's an amazing piece of art!

I would also suggest to leave the Caps Loco. It's a nice little detail and just.. different. And like a wise man once told me: Different is always better! :D

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Offline FingerSuspect

« Reply #487 on: Tue, 13 June 2017, 00:16:51 »
^

Offline fouras

« Reply #488 on: Tue, 13 June 2017, 00:52:12 »
● A small detail that is bothering me... wouldn't it be better if the Tachikoma's eyes (three dots) were centered instead of tilted? And maybe just a bit smaller? I had to read the description to notice what it was.
I'm looking into tuning the Tachikoma eyes, the specific design you saw implemented was conceived after a screenshot sent to me, presumably from the anime. I' going to until the eyes or make them bigger in order to avoid the confusion with a bowling ball and pins. 
The white ball with three dots acts like an eyeball and rotates to point the dots at whatever the Tachikoma is looking at. They aren't fixed in place, so having them aimed off to the side looks a little strange. This video might be a good reference.

Offline Endeavour1934

« Reply #489 on: Tue, 13 June 2017, 03:37:46 »
The white ball with three dots acts like an eyeball and rotates to point the dots at whatever the Tachikoma is looking at. They aren't fixed in place, so having them aimed off to the side looks a little strange. This video might be a good reference.
There are already a couple of t-shirt designs that can help:

Offline ShishKabobJerry

« Reply #490 on: Tue, 13 June 2017, 05:56:40 »

+1
Keep the caps loco please

Also +1 on the caps loco. Looks great imo :)

Offline Ouhei

« Reply #491 on: Tue, 13 June 2017, 06:15:51 »
Thanks for the update! Timing on this is working out nicely as I'll have a bit of a break since I just spent a ton to get a board built.

Offline xantiema

« Reply #492 on: Tue, 13 June 2017, 09:24:44 »
https://polldaddy.com/poll/9767237/

New Vote guys, vote vote (monolegends  :cool:)

Can't believe it is only one that enters the cut, instead of giving us a choice :(

Offline Draic

« Reply #493 on: Tue, 13 June 2017, 09:53:18 »

Can't believe it is only one that enters the cut, instead of giving us a choice :(
My choice would be to buy both, so this is better for Mr. Wallet

Offline xantiema

« Reply #494 on: Tue, 13 June 2017, 09:54:26 »

I would buy both too, but both wont be available... in such a scenario MONOLEGENDS!!

Offline megaforce

« Reply #495 on: Tue, 13 June 2017, 11:01:33 »

I would buy both too, but both wont be available... in such a scenario MONOLEGENDS!!

Same!

Monolegends would be sick and unique to GMK Laser.

There are already Gaijin kits out there with Oco Modern beige and enjoyPbt. *shrugs*
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #496 on: Tue, 13 June 2017, 11:57:32 »
icon mods yusss  :thumb:

Offline xantiema

« Reply #497 on: Tue, 13 June 2017, 12:38:06 »

Same!

Monolegends would be sick and unique to GMK Laser.

There are already Gaijin kits out there with Oco Modern beige and enjoyPbt. *shrugs*

I know... if we don't get the monolegends on these, it will seriously be the biggest disappointment in 2017...Looks like it won't happen from the voting results..

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #498 on: Tue, 13 June 2017, 12:49:26 »
There will be a Dvorak/Colemak kit added to actual the group buy.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: You rock MiTo!!!

D/C peeps, we *NEED* to make this happen. I know not everyone can afford to, but I'm down for buying multiple DC kits to try to hit the MOQ.

Also, D/C peeps and anyone that doesn't use US ANSI (and would buy the kit) should vote for Hiragana as the legends won't be correct for you anyway.  :)

Finally, +1 for CAPS LOCO

Offline Auk

« Reply #499 on: Tue, 13 June 2017, 13:06:10 »
...I'm down for buying multiple DC kits to try to hit the MOQ...

I believe DC and International are going through for Yuri, so this probably won't be a problem. I get the sense there is at least as much hype for Laser.

...anyone that doesn't use US ANSI (and would buy the kit) should vote for Hiragana as the legends won't be correct for you...

I'm surprised MiTo put this to a second vote. Given it was so close before I would've made an executive decision and gone for Hiragana - much nicer than blanks for touch typists, seems like it would be just fine for Dvorak, Colemak, or any other layout. I also suspect those who need the Latin legends will just buy the base kit anyway with any novelties they can afford.
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 June 2017, 13:16:50 by Auk »