Author Topic: [SPRiT] PCB +Case +Parts (NEW Full Alu Case Buy)  (Read 211895 times)

Offline WingZ3ro

Re: <SPRiT Edition> 60% PCB+Case+Parts (Order Open)
« Reply #350 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 20:00:39 »
http://Hi i have two questions.

Will this case work with a kbc poker 2?
And when i pay do i use a credit card on the paypal checkout?
Or do i have to use my paypal account?

Sorry im sort of a noob i just joined about a month ago

Offline rmw2013

« Reply #351 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 01:16:41 »
The hardest thing is choosing what colors to make each of the 3 layers!!!!!

Offline nandop

• May your keystrokes always be true.
« Reply #352 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 12:20:00 »
You solder the RGB LEDs directly under the same LED holes for Cherry switches. :)

I tried doing that but it turns off the LEDs from the top. The multi colored leds are only displaying red. How does that work? Do I have to give up backlighting on the top to have multicolored at the bottom?

Got it! :) posted too soon
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 February 2015, 12:22:20 by nandop »
Sprit 60%, White MX 78g Au | Planck Ortholinear 40% Clear MX | Phantom TKL Browns 110g Au

Offline lalien

« Reply #353 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 02:37:03 »
@Sprit : Any ETA before new orders will be accepted ?

Offline aaronz8

« Reply #354 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:48:29 »
Update: fixed in most recent version of the firmware (ps2avrU_firmware_V1.7_150215.zip). Thanks @showjean, the author of ps2avru for the super quick response and fix!

-- old post about issue in Mac OS X --
I'm getting some issues on Mac OSX (tested on yosemite hackintosh, mavericks hackintosh, yosemite macbookpro. works on windows 7 and in bios). It was working fine until a few days ago, when it started to skip keys. Replugging fixed it. However yesterday, even that fix stopped working. Keypresses are now out of order, repeated incorrectly (eg. typig "hello" quickly sometimes -> "ehlo"), or plainly skipped whenever I type faster than ~20 wpm.

I've tried swapping usb cables, adding a powered usb hub, changing computers, resetting keymap, flashing both GKP and NKRO firmwares.

Anyone else seeing these problems? Any ideas on how to fix this, short of porting over tmk? Not really happy considering this is my first custom keyboard and I'm speed limited to 20wpm :(
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 February 2015, 20:47:13 by aaronz8 »

Offline Phinominal

« Reply #355 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 23:54:24 »
I submitted an order sometime go but I haven't gotten an invoice yet. Any idea with whats going on?

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #356 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 00:11:56 »
I submitted an order sometime go but I haven't gotten an invoice yet. Any idea with whats going on?

Sprits been MIA lately, there's a lot of talk going on in his other groupbuy thread if you want to check that out.
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #357 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 10:15:40 »

Sprits been MIA lately, there's a lot of talk going on in his other groupbuy thread if you want to check that out.

Right. I'm a victim of the other group buy. Paid over a year, and I have yet to receive my stuff. :'(

Offline Alastoris

« Reply #358 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 20:24:23 »
Should I still order? I plan to build my keyboard for the first time with the new switches at the other group buy. I will order once Sprits post I guess.

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #359 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 20:44:29 »
Should I still order? I plan to build my keyboard for the first time with the new switches at the other group buy. I will order once Sprits post I guess.

My opinion is that you should not until he has resolved all of his group buy.
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline Alastoris

« Reply #360 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 02:37:45 »

Thanks, I will wait. I really like the case and would like it to be on my first build.

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #361 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 04:33:07 »

Thanks, I will wait. I really like the case and would like it to be on my first build.

Don't get caught by the pic. You might end up throwing money to receive nothing in return.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #362 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 04:36:47 »
Regardless of whether this ever gets resolved I'd still never recommend buying from him just because of how poorly this one has been run. There are plenty of places to get PCB's and cases, no need to be buying from people who can't follow through on their word.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline jlor

« Reply #363 on: Sun, 22 February 2015, 07:25:48 »
Regardless of whether this ever gets resolved I'd still never recommend buying from him just because of how poorly this one has been run. There are plenty of places to get PCB's and cases, no need to be buying from people who can't follow through on their word.

Out of curiosity, do you know a place that sells 100% or more PCBs? I have not been able to find anything above a 80% :/

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #364 on: Sun, 22 February 2015, 07:47:06 »

Out of curiosity, do you know a place that sells 100% or more PCBs? I have not been able to find anything above a 80% :/

Gon is your best bet.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline hojin.yi

• Winkeyless
« Reply #365 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 09:00:39 »

How about visiting winkeyless.kr

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
Re: <SPRiT Edition> 60% PCB+Case+Parts (Order Closed)
« Reply #366 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 00:32:03 »
This was a part of the R2 main GB, to meet the MOQ.
All the Orders had shipped out by last December.   

This GB is temporally closed to focus on the main GB shipping.
Thanks!   ;)
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 April 2015, 10:23:22 by sprit »

Offline justify

• Great news!
Re: <SPRiT Edition> 60% PCB+Case+Parts (All Shipped!)
« Reply #367 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 06:40:45 »
no more orders?
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 March 2015, 07:49:24 by justify »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
Re: <SPRiT Edition> 60% PCB+Case+Parts (All Shipped!)
« Reply #368 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 07:22:25 »
This GB is temporally closed to focus on the main GB shipping.
New Orders will open in a month.  Sorry for that!    :( 

http://imgur.com/a/nYWbK 
99418-0  99420-1  99422-2  99424-3  99426-4  99428-5 
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 May 2015, 02:54:11 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Re: <SPRiT Edition> 60% PCB+Case+Parts (R2 - All Shipped out!)
« Reply #369 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 04:49:59 »
Answer to the questions on the status :

-  R2 All shipped out!   R3 will open.    ~20 sets of 60% PCBs and Cases in stock. (10 April)
-  All the PCBs are factory pre-soldered & Tested.    60% PCB = $50
-  Very simple  60% PCBs + Case GB will open in May  (Order - 2 weeks,  Production -3 weeks,  Ship - 2 weeks)

97712-0 97704-1 97702-2 97700-3 LSS Lube Station
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 April 2015, 16:59:24 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Re: <SPRiT Edition> 60% PCB + Plate + Parts (PreOrder)
« Reply #370 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 17:52:23 »
60% PCB + Plate + Parts   :  50 sets Only    (PreOrder Only) 

-  60% PCB + Polycarbonate / Acrylic Plate   :  each 50 sets Only.   If Not meet the MOQ, It will be cancelled.
-  All the PCBs are 100% Factory pre-soldered & Tested.    60% PCB = $50
-  I will be busy with the previous GB shipping until the end of May.   I got people dedicated for this shipping.   
-  PreOrder 3 weeks (21 April - 17 May),  Invoicing 1 day,  Production 3 weeks (18 May - 5 June),  Ship 2 weeks (6 June - 21 June)
-  If there is a serious delay more than 2 weeks, Your payments will be full refunded.
-  Order Form  in the OP http://goo.gl/forms/XUQvHsSSsQ    Thanks!

98413-0  98421-1 pics : rpeterclark   
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 May 2015, 06:55:12 by sprit »

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #371 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 18:51:25 »
Placed an order. Had a few questions so I'll send you a PM.  :cool:

Cherry is love. Topre is life. ~raymogi

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #372 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 07:45:47 »
Placed an order. Had a few questions so I'll send you a PM.  8)
Its Just a limited qty Preorder.   If MOQ fails, will be cancelled.

-  60% PCB + Polycarbonate / Acrylic Plate   :  each 50 sets Only  (to reduce the shipping labour)
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 April 2015, 22:36:26 by sprit »

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
Re: <SPRiT Edition> 60% PCB + Plate + Parts (50 sets PreOrder Only)
« Reply #373 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 02:22:21 »
I think you should open a thread also on Deskthority, a lot of users over there are not active on GH. And I'm sure a few will be interested in this.

Polycarb plate, this sounds interesting, it's also 5T like the acrylic one?
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Re: <SPRiT Edition> 60% PCB + Plate + Parts (50 sets PreOrder Only)
« Reply #374 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 06:33:20 »
I think you should open a thread also on Deskthority, a lot of users over there are not active on GH. And I'm sure a few will be interested in this.

Polycarb plate, this sounds interesting, it's also 5T like the acrylic one?
Thanks!   I will try make a time to renew my post on DeskThority. 

Polycarboante Plates feel harder, more solid to Acrylic with same thickness, as we experience in our daily life with bottles, cups, plastic boxes.   
CNC machined Polycarb plates had failed MOQ in the GB last year, but for 60% only this time.  MOQ = 20   ::)
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 April 2015, 06:36:21 by sprit »

Offline chalks

Re: <SPRiT Edition> 60% PCB + Plate + Parts (50 sets - PreOrder Only)
« Reply #375 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 13:28:13 »
Sorry if this seems like a silly question. Is this just a preorder for pcb and plate? I ask because the order form also mentions cases, switches, springs, stabilizers etc. Would it be possible to order those at the same time?

And if it does include cases, how much do they cost? Unlike all the other items on the form there's no dollar amount for them.

Thanks

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Re: <SPRiT Edition> 60% PCB + Plate + Parts (50 sets - PreOrder Only)
« Reply #376 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 04:37:54 »
Now The Form seems OK.  Thanks chalks!   :thumb:

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Re: <SPRiT Edition> 60% PCB + Plate + Parts (50 sets - Pre-Ordering)
« Reply #377 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 19:49:48 »
60% PCB + Plate + Parts   :  50 sets Only    (Pre-Ordering) 

-  60% PCB + Polycarbonate / Acrylic Plate  + Parts, or Case   :  50 sets Only.   
-  Pre-Order 3 weeks (21 April - 17 May),  Invoicing 1 day,  Production 3 weeks (18 May - 5 June),  Pack & Ship 2 weeks (6 June - 21 June)
-  I will be busy with the previous GB shipping until the end of May.   There i people dedicated for this shipping.   
-  If there is a serious delay more than 2 weeks, Your payments will be full refunded!   Thanks!
-  Order Form as in the OP :  Mod note: order link removed due to sprit being MIA.  Order from him at your own risk! 

98889-0   98879-1   98887-2 pic : Defect
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 January 2017, 17:47:31 by Moderation Team »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #378 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 19:24:21 »
The MOQ seem meet soon, Now around 32 PCBs pre-ordered,   I will tell You, when it break the MOQ.    :thumb: 
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 April 2015, 19:26:12 by sprit »

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #379 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 12:17:07 »
Only 18 more to reach MOQ, I really excited on getting a second faceW SPRiT edition  :thumb:
Really cool PCB, the white one is awesome  :thumb:

Offline TLExile

« Reply #380 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 21:29:09 »
Seeing how there's a new round coming up and apparently interest, would anyone want to buy my 60% with stabs at cost?

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #381 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 04:57:16 »
Seeing how there's a new round coming up and apparently interest, would anyone want to buy my 60% with stabs at cost?
Your PCB is all factory presoldered, yes?  ;)

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Some Alps switches  $0.15/pc  MOQ=10,000 made near Hongkong

[IC]   https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71357.0

99281-0   99283-1   99285-2
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 May 2015, 19:30:03 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
LSS  Station (Lube Spring Swap)  Arrived!

-   LSS station 1st mass production batch arrived, will ship out for the people ordered.   
-   ClearFrosted Top + Clear Bottom + hex screws, 3M silicon bumpons included
-   Final Design has some changes in small details to some requests,  if you prefer the prototype, PM me please.
-   BTW, do You like the triangles at the center??   ::)
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55888.msg1746597#msg1746597

99289-0   99291-1   99293-2   
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 May 2015, 00:48:38 by sprit »

Offline chalks

Some more questions.

1. What sort of case is shown in the photos tagged rpeterclark? It has a thinner bezel than cases in the other photos?

2. What switches and springs are needed to get close to a Topre switch feel? I realise it won't be exactly the same as the mechanisms of Cherry MX and Topre are completely different.

Offline vindaon

Some more questions.

1. What sort of case is shown in the photos tagged rpeterclark? It has a thinner bezel than cases in the other photos?

2. What switches and springs are needed to get close to a Topre switch feel? I realise it won't be exactly the same as the mechanisms of Cherry MX and Topre are completely different.

rpeterclark's case looks like an aluminum Tex without the front lip. Massdrop sold them in blue, black, and silver.

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
Some more questions.

rpeterclark's case looks like an aluminum Tex without the front lip. Massdrop sold them in blue, black, and silver.

Correct!  :)

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Some more questions.

1.  TEX silver looks impressive in rpeterclark's build.  :o

2.  Topre feel may get with  :  my 55g - 60g possibly.   I have HHKB original,  HHKB pro, Pro2, sold Type S.   As you say they are very different from Cherry MX.   
I've tried my MX springs be cushiony  at bottom out.     I love the feels of Topre  -  Ninja's Walking.  ;)
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 May 2015, 17:01:01 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
60% PCB + Plate + Parts   :  50 sets Only  (PreOrder)

-  60% PCB + Polycarbonate / Acrylic Plate   :  each 50 sets Only.   17 more PCBs for the MOQ!   ;)
::)
-  I will be busy with the previous GB shipping until the end of May.   
I got people dedicated for this shipping.   
-  PreOrder 3 weeks (21 April - 17 May),  Invoicing 1 day,  Production 3 weeks (18 May - 5 June),  Ship 2 weeks (6 June - 21 June)
-  If there is a serious delay more than 2 weeks, Your payments will be full refunded.   :o
-  Order Form  in the OP Mod note: order link removed due to sprit being MIA.  Order from him at your own risk!    Thanks!

99740-0  99742-1  99744-2  pics : rpeterclark ,  Defect   
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 January 2017, 17:40:29 by Moderation Team »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Waiting for the MOQ!

Thanks  ;)

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
Waiting for the MOQ!

Thanks  ;)
+1  :cool: these are awesome boards can't wait for a second one  :thumb:

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Triumph Adler 

100692-0   100686-1   100690-2   100688-3 
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 May 2015, 09:50:09 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
13 more PCBs for the MOQ    ;) 

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Type my Valentine ! 

100808-0
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 May 2015, 01:40:53 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Olivetti
100814-0      100818-1
pics : from web
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 May 2015, 01:40:12 by sprit »

Offline micr0n

Re: <SPRiT Edition> 60% PCB + Polycarb Plates + Parts (50 sets - Ordering)
« Reply #396 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 22:54:49 »
Is it still to late to jump on this?

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #397 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 00:22:57 »
Is it still to late to jump on this?
Nope ;) dive in  :thumb:
SPRiT needs only e few more orders to meet MOQ so please do join the club ;)

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #398 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 08:29:00 »
60% PCB + Plate + Parts   :  50 sets Only  (Ordering)

-  60% PCB + Polycarbonate / Acrylic Plate   :  each 50 sets Only.    9 more PCBs for the MOQ!    (I guess I can fill the gap.)
-  All the PCBs are 100% Factory pre-soldered & Tested.    60% PCB = $50    ::)
-  If there is a serious delay more than 2 weeks, Your payments will be full refunded.  :thumb:
-  Order Form  in the OP :  Mod note: order link removed due to sprit being MIA.  Order from him at your own risk!    Thanks! ;)

Pics :  SPRiT,  rpeterclark,  Defect,  Photoelectic   Thanks!
100997-0  101006-1  101008-2  101010-3 
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 January 2017, 17:40:48 by Moderation Team »

Offline micr0n

« Reply #399 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 21:50:39 »
Excellent and thanks.  Just finished putting in the order.