Author Topic: [100% Completed] "23 Commando" High-profile Keyset Groupbuy  (Read 239018 times)

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
[100% Completed] "23 Commando" High-profile Keyset Groupbuy
« on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 05:59:03 »

Group buy for the "23 Commando" keyset

Completed! Thanks everyone!

It may be hard to believe, but due to another member's personal reasons, there was one package remaining to ship. I'm happy to report that the final package has just been shipped!  :eek:

With all packages mailed, we can finally update the title to 100%!

Status
   100% = Invoiced
   100% = Paid
   100% = Shipped
   98% = Delivered
   76% = Confirmed Complete

Photos of the keyset

More

More

More

More

More

More

More

More

Handling Process by mashby - the US distributor of this GB

More
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 October 2014, 21:51:58 by jil_jil32 »

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 06:30:17 »
- Double-shot keyset
- Keycap profile: SA family
- Surface option: M - Matte top
- Sculptured keyset: full set with different row profiles
- Colors
     Base part: Brown TBN on Beige GAW
     Modifier part: Brown TBN on Green VF

1 - Standard kit (88 keys)    - $68.40

1.1 - Upgrade kit 01 (44 keys)    - $41.25

1.2 - Upgrade kit 02 (23 keys)    - $32.40

2 - Gamer kit (10 keys)    - $31.00

3 - Numpad kit (26 keys)     - $26.80

4 - VL kit (7 keys)     - $8.57

5 - ErgoDox add-on kit (38 keys)      - $25

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

23 Commando - mockups

« Last Edit: Thu, 23 October 2014, 21:52:33 by jil_jil32 »

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 07:07:21 »
Details of the kits

1 - Standard kit (88 keys)
- The F and J keys are deep dish keys.
- The CAPS & SCRLK keys have pad-printed legends in Green ink color (roughly match ABS-VV color). Those keys also have green lens windows for the LED light.
Base on the final number of orders, I would consider to have a UV curable hard coat applied to top surface pad-printed keys for extending legend life - Military Grade!
- The RETURN, PRINT, PAUSE keys will have pad-printed legends (ENTER, SYSRQ, BREAK respectively) on the front in Yellow ink color (roughly match ABS-YY color).
- All key sizes are correct for this 23 Commando set (such as 2.25x, 2.75x keys etc.)

1.1 - Upgrade kit 01 (44 keys)
- This kit is an add-on of the standard kit. You can order as many as the number of the standard kit you ordered.
- There are homing bump and regular F and J keys.
- There are 1.75x ROW3 left stem stepped CTRL and CAPS
- Also has the 1.75x SHIFT
- 1.5x bottom row CTRL & ALT keys are available

1.2 - Upgrade kit 02 (23 keys)
- This kit is an add-on of the standard kit. You can order as many as the number of the standard kit you ordered.
- Color code of the Yellow on Green caps is YG on VF
- " \ | ", BKSP, DELETE keys are for HHKB layout
- ISO RETURN, 1.25x SHIFT and 2 blank keys are for ISO layout

2 - Gamer kit (10 keys)
- Color codes: TBN on YW
- There will be pad-printed Arrow head legends in Black ink on the front of the WASD cluster.

3 - Numpad kit (26 keys)
- Color code of the Yellow on Green Star key is YG
- ENTER key in ROW3 profile
- The " 5 " keys are available in all 3 kinds: homing bump. deep dish and regular

4 - VL kit (7 keys)
- Vietnamese Lotus kit - SA family ROW3 profile
- Details (left to right):
   + RCS on RDE - Gloss finish
   + YCE on RDA - Gloss finish
   + RDA on RCJ - Gloss finish
   + YCA on RCR - Gloss finish
   + YG on VF - Matte finish
   + RCR on VV - Gloss finish
   + YCH on RA - Gloss finish

5 - ErgoDox add-on kit (38 keys)
   + 4* 2x ROW2 GAW
   + 4* 1x ROW2 GAW
   + 12* 1x ROW4 VF
   + 6* 1x ROW3 VF
   + 10* 1.5x ROW3  VF
   + 2* 1.5x ROW2 GAW

Shipping
Shipping will be invoiced SEPARATELY and will come from mashby after your order has been sorted, packaged and ready for shipping.
We will be using USPS Priority Mail, which provides the following advantages:
   - Boxed packaging to protect your order
   - Tracking number for ensuring delivery
   - $50 insurance for your order
*For any order larger than a small flat-rate box, we plan on using other boxes and ship by weight. Since key caps are light, this can substantially reduce the cost of shipping.
Remember, you won't be charged for shipping fee until your order has been packaged.

Estimated Shipping Costs
The pricing table below is the MAXIMUM shipping charge, could be cheaper at the end, depends on your actual order
Box SizeU.S.Can.Inter.
Small Priority Mail Box$6$20$24
Medium Priority Mail Box$13$40$60
Large Priority Mail Box$17$53$78

How Many Keys Fit In A Box?
One set should fit in a Small Priorty Mail box. However, if you order more than one set, then you will more than likely need a Medium box. We expect that large orders will be reserved for vendors orders, like Techkeys, etc. 

Additional Fees
Each invoice will include PayPal fees and a $3 handling fee at maximum.

What About Proxies?
We're looking into it, but it depends on the number of orders coming from. Additional PayPal fees and complexity may negate the benefits of having a proxy.  We're still examining options though and should we choose to exercise that option, then you'll simply pay less in shipping.

===> After filling the order form, please PM me in case you want to change your shipping information.
===> We know everyone wants to get the keys timely, safety, and for a fair price. mashby and I will try to provide it.

Notes

- You will receive two invoices. One, from me, for the key caps. The other one, from mashby, for the shipping fee. The invoice for keycaps from me will be sent to everyone after the GB has closed. And you will be charged for shipping fee when your order's ready to ship to you.
- We will prepare some replacements for the missing keys. Keep in mind that those kits has been ordered as pre-sorted and pre-packed kits, so any faulty or missing key is SP's mistake, not our distributor's. So please be patient while we trying to help resolving the problem with your keyset. If anything bad happens to the package while on shipping, we're sorry but can not do anything about it.
- Same as the Valentine GB, there will be no extra set for sale after this GB closed. So please put your order in before it's too late ;) The GB for these Spherical, High profile Military themed keysets, along with all its unique legends will be run one time only - it's NOW!
- I will send invoice through Paypal to everyone, so you need a verified Paypal account to receive, and to pay. Also please check the information carefully before submitting your order. There will be paypal fee added to the price.
- If you want to make changes to your order, just SUBMIT a NEW one with the NEW numbers, also inform me through PM: http://geekhack.org/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=6989 that you did it. I will replace your old order by the new one.

Colors

- Green & Yellow color chips on the top left are VV and YY
- The Yellow legend on the Tri-force key on bottom left is YG
- In the middle, top -> bottom are TBN, VF, GAW
- Color of the key on the right is YW

FAQs

Q. What is SA family profile?
A. SA family profile: high profile, spherical top and sculptured.
In the picture: usual DCS profile on the left, SA profile in the middle, DSA profile on the right

Q. Why SA family?
A. SA family keycap has high profile like the keycap from old typing machine before the 80's. It goes smoothly with the "old" colors of this set. In addition to the high profile, the SA family keycap is also thick (a lot thicker than regular DCS keycap). It's Military Grade keycap (lol) - it matches the theme of this set very well. The thick keycap makes the sound very different when typing on it. It's just BETTER!

Q. Do we have full row profiles for this SA family set?
A. YES!!!

The set will have the row profile like this
Esc row - ROW1
~ 1 2 3 row - ROW2
Tab row  - ROW3
Caps row - ROW3
Shift row - ROW3
Ctrl row - ROW4

- Perfect SA set in every aspect of aesthetic: full sizes, full rows, no gap, no wrong profile in one row
- Colemak / Dvorak / Whatever layouts people like this because the main typing area (QWERTYUIOP[]|ASDFGHJKL;'ZXCVBNM,./) is in the same profile
- Main typing area in the same profile, but the function row, the number row (` ~ row) and the bottom row (Ctrl row) still have higher angle profile so it's still more ergonomic than flat profile of DSA keys ^.^

Q. Why Matte top finish?
A. Life of a soldier is tough, so I use rough keys!
Kid. If we go with the Matte finish, so almost every key will have the same finish. Only exceptions are 1.75x and 2.75x ROW3, in Semi-matte finish. You don't want the mixture of gloss keys with matte keys in a set right :v

Q. Will some keys be shorter than usual, such as 2x & 2.5x keys of the SPH Round 4 instead of 2.25x & 2.75x?
A. No. We have full sizes of key for this 23 Commando set. 1x to 7x. If you want something more special, do not hesitate to request.

Q. The Text legends of the mockup are a liltle bit stiff. How are the real legends?
A. The mockups mostly serve one purpose: gives you the better idea of the color scheme and helps you picture the real product easier. Don't believe the mockups too much, try to imagine the final keyset by your colorful mind.
The fact is I don't have the correct font that SP actually use on their SA keys. Even SP said it's very hard for them to make new Text legend looking the same as their old legend's hard copies. So well you should have a look at this photo (in courtesy of megaxpop) to see how the real legends look like (or more here http://deskthority.net/wiki/Round4_SPH):

Q. So every legend will look like those from SPH Round 4 set?
A. No. I selected several different legends. Such as:
ESC, not ESCAPE
BACKSPACE, not BACK SPACE
CTRL, not CONTROL
etc...

I prefer the short text legends because it make every legend looks uniform in size of font. To have long text fit on the top of a key, sometimes the font size will have to be smaller than usual, makes the key looks out of place.
It's a pity that SP doesn't have the legends PG UP and PG DN so I have to use PAGE UP & PAGE DOWN. Though the font is not different from the others but I'm still thinking about it. If many people want, we might end up have 2 new legends of PG UP and PG DN. I hope so.
And one more good news, the SHIFT legends will be remade. Those who have the SPH Round 4 set will understand this better than me.

Order list

• jil_jil32
  • Irisviel
  • jinhan108
  • TheSoulhunter
  • mashby
  • fuzzyx3000
  • jingil
  • jrockroll
  • Elrick
  • chaosstep
  • altesien
  • kain0079
  • apan
  • lewi
  • kaiserreich
  • Cafiend
  • cateye
  • moda38
  • Nick Lee
  • DUENAH
  • dj1113
  • febriz
  • kinruan
  • Matt3o
  • Kayliss
  • mtl
  • cinnn
  • pasph
  • zenuty
  • latin00032
  • VN quochung1989
  • VN JKer1
  • VN bazh 6.1
  • VN Chutx2
  • VN adamseto
  • VN mcmillant2.0
  • VN eliteinfantry
  • VN nlkt_no1
  • VN hoasican2004
  • neoezekiel
  • ___q
  • Greystokev
  • kuhntang
  • VN ledung
  • VN darklord1702
  • jmactheattack
  • DrugER
  • jdcarpe
  • NyanCat
  • VN BeeHip
  • VN ntdung_89
  • TAKAKI
  • guillairmo
  • VN dannyvn
  • VN Diesel Industry
  • VN amdjulian2000
  • fiftypoints
  • VN VozNDL82
  • Bro Caps
  • sdiearly
  • wjwbuddha
  • VN megaxpop
  • halverson
  • tototo
  • skuphundaku
  • Glod
  • j2c8w6f8
  • danielucf
  • krakitine
  • olaph
  • LechnerDE
  • listboss
  • t!ng
  • erson
  • feng
  • winzds
  • slavfot
  • lucifurburch
  • codyeatworld
  • Adelhyde
  • YMSNoms
  • whiteduck
  • VN ngochoangspf
  • MuadDirac
  • nuclearsandwich
  • wcallen
  • arong2012a
  • aggiejy
  • randrews
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 October 2014, 21:52:37 by jil_jil32 »

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
Re: [95% Shipped] "23 Commando" High-profile Keyset Groupbuy
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 10:20:13 »
LOL. i hate SPH`s wrong size and gap. i thought its going to DCS.. pass.

Bro Caps AI:MKII prototype Alu BroBot V2 MX
Clack Factory ICE Test-Sample #J11TG-s5A

Offline feng

• * Vendor
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 10:26:52 »
Awesome, I definitely wanna try a complete set of SHP keycaps. Is it exactly the same as those SHP custom R4 keycaps listed on pimpmykeyboard?

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 10:29:08 »
Interested, but would like to know shipping costs before commiting, also are you going to wait until you hit 75 base kits and then 2 weeks, or just 2 weeks?

Edit: Also any way of ordering just extra spacebars ? As I'd like to buy 2 extra.
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 July 2013, 10:31:11 by Tym »
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 10:30:00 »
LOL. i hate SPH`s wrong size and gap. i thought its going to DCS.. pass.

No wrong size, no gap this time. Read the FAQs for more info.

Awesome, I definitely wanna try a complete set of SHP keycaps. Is it exactly the same as those SHP custom R4 keycaps listed on pimpmykeyboard?

Yes. Those custom keys you talking about are ROW3 profile.

Interested, but would like to know shipping costs before commiting, also are you going to wait until you hit 75 base kits and then 2 weeks, or just 2 weeks?

Edit: Also any way of ordering just extra spacebars ? As I'd like to buy 2 extra.

Shipping cost - should be the same with other GBs because using the same method of shipping (USPS, or special request). But the actual amount only available after the distributor knows how many keys you order to estimate the cost.

If you want anything special, just list them in the Notes section of the Google order form.
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 July 2013, 10:42:54 by jil_jil32 »

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 10:35:08 »
Great work, I will consider buying the complete set for my upcoming military keyboard.

The LED keys are really cool, I didn't know they could be done for sph

Awesome news about the gap too, bummer about the profiles tho.

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 11:09:15 »
If the only reason bugs everyone is the profile, then I still have a solution for a near "perfect" SA set in this situation

We will have the row profile like this
Esc row - ROW1
~ 1 2 3 row - ROW2
Tab row  - ROW3
Caps row - ROW3
Shift row - ROW3
Ctrl row - ROW4

It should be like this

Pros:
- Perfect SA set in every aspect of aesthetic: full sizes, full rows, no gap, no wrong profile in the same row

Cons:
- The main typing area (QWERTYUIOP{}|ASDFGHJKL:"ZXCVBNM<>?) in the same profile. You might not like it, if you don't like the typing feeling over the DSA keyset

Now it's the question, are you okay with it, or the original idea still better?

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 11:17:02 »
I liked your original idea because I want to try something different than dsa.

But, I am a stickler for uniformity by a huge margin.

So, in the end I'd go for option 2 for uniformity.

Offline blighty

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 11:40:44 »
Any chance to add on doubleshot caps and scroll locks to the standard set, and a doubleshot num lock key to the 10key set?  Order submitted either way.

Edit:  One good thing about having the alphanums all row 3 is colemak/dvorak/whatever layouts can just swap around keys without having to buy extra caps with the right profile (or just be SOL).
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 July 2013, 11:47:30 by blighty »
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline HoosTrax

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 11:42:56 »
That profile looks pretty godawful in my personal opinion. All of the military or ruggedized industrial keyboards I've seen have very low profile keys.

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 11:50:09 »
Nice! Enter/Return should be labeled "Affirmative" tho :3

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 11:50:33 »
Kit 1.1 is that the off center stemmed stepped capslock?
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 11:51:22 »
Nice concept!  Any chance we could order additional 1x blanks?  I'd like a set for the keyboard below, but it uses a non-standard number block (top three keys are mouse buttons, etc.).

27725-0

Edit: And a full-set of blanks?  Custom legends are okay, but I'd be more interested in this set for the key profile.
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 July 2013, 11:54:00 by Greystoke »

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 12:15:36 »
I liked your original idea because I want to try something different than dsa.

But, I am a stickler for uniformity by a huge margin.

So, in the end I'd go for option 2 for uniformity.
Any chance to add on doubleshot caps and scroll locks to the standard set, and a doubleshot num lock key to the 10key set?  Order submitted either way.

Edit:  One good thing about having the alphanums all row 3 is colemak/dvorak/whatever layouts can just swap around keys without having to buy extra caps with the right profile (or just be SOL).

Thanks for you two comments.
About the lock keys, I think the current keys is quite special, no?

That profile looks pretty godawful in my personal opinion. All of the military or ruggedized industrial keyboards I've seen have very low profile keys.

I know this set is not for everyone.
And after this GB, you will see the first time ever military keyboards in very high profile.

Nice idea, why didn't we discuss about it ealier?

Kit 1.1 is that the off center stemmed stepped capslock?

Yes, there are 2 left stemmed stepped keys in the kit: CAPS and CTRL

Nice concept!  Any chance we could order additional 1x blanks?  I'd like a set for the keyboard below, but it uses a non-standard number block (top three keys are mouse buttons, etc.).

(Attachment Link)

Edit: And a full-set of blanks?  Custom legends are okay, but I'd be more interested in this set for the key profile.

About blank keys, if many people want, I could provide it also.

Offline blighty

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 12:37:09 »

The windowed lock keys are cool, but not really necessary on some boards (and there is a certain peace-of-mind knowing that all the legends on the board are doubleshot.

Random Question: Is this GB paying for the moulds for the shift keys?

LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline pasph

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 12:47:00 »

^This^ maybe only the Base part
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 14:35:42 »

Because I didnt know about this keyset before...

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 14:59:17 »
subscribed!

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 15:10:09 »
I had no idea that there were different finishes available.

Oh, and this set is AMAZING!  :eek:

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 17:15:40 »
This is a VERY cool set!  I like it a lot.  Too bad all the fun caps have to be purchased separately in a set rather than making a base TKL set with most of them included, as the original theme went.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline chaosstep

• From Hell
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 17:54:40 »
Let's rock and go.

Offline reiuorw

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 18:47:19 »
It looks cool.

But I'm not sure SA Family would fit me.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 19:37:54 »
Very nice jil_jil32, finally a full on SA key-set.

Needless to say, hooked on this like a kid with cake  ;D .

Thanks for running this.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 20:40:36 »
I knew there was a reason I kept the default springs in my MX Whites Phantom within a Filco Camo case. Perfect for the thicker/heavier SA profile 23 Commando set.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 20:51:02 »

The windowed lock keys are cool, but not really necessary on some boards (and there is a certain peace-of-mind knowing that all the legends on the board are doubleshot.

Random Question: Is this GB paying for the moulds for the shift keys?

Alright alright, I understand you want to have an entire board of THICK DOUBLESHOT keys =P~ That's just GREAT! 8-> Okay I will see what I can do...
This GB can not do such a miracle thing... yet.

^This^ maybe only the Base part

Yeah if many people want it, I can provide the blank keys as well. But let's say I will do it if only the main kits get good numbers okay? It's the highest priority now ^_^
If other people just want small quantity of some specific blank keys, please note it in the order form.

Because I didnt know about this keyset before...

I want to see you in my next IC thread ;)

Many thanks!!!

This is a VERY cool set!  I like it a lot.  Too bad all the fun caps have to be purchased separately in a set rather than making a base TKL set with most of them included, as the original theme went.

About the original origin of my ideas, the two kits form a complete kit. I splitted it because of the price. The standard kit now suites the people want to try the SA family keyset in affordable price, with the color scheme and everything that I could do with SP library of legends and tooling availabitity to have those default text legends and such...
The spirit of the 23 Commando set is still there. You just need... the spirit to order the upgrade kit ~.~
And... I've already had a guy ordered the upgrade kit 1.1, but said that he's not going to use the novelty keys... If things go well, I might post a list of things people order the whole kit but have no use of, so others can just contact the guy and discuss about it... later later...

Let's rock and go.

It's getting rolling... bro Lotus :D

It looks cool.

But I'm not sure SA Family would fit me.

You never know... till you try it bro ^_^

Very nice jil_jil32, finally a full on SA key-set.

Needless to say, hooked on this like a kid with cake  ;D .

Thanks for running this.

BIG help! Thanks ^_^

I knew there was a reason I kept the default springs in my MX Whites Phantom within a Filco Camo case. Perfect for the thicker/heavier SA profile 23 Commando set.

Reasonable! <3

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 09:20:21 »
Oh god, I love the theme! But I am really not sure whether I like the SA profile. I can't imagine typing efficiently on those big ass caps.

I'll have to think about it a couple of days...

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 09:47:33 »

So does this mean I have a choice between having all the keys glossy and having the keys matte?

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 18:54:47 »
Oh god, I love the theme! But I am really not sure whether I like the SA profile. I can't imagine typing efficiently on those big ass caps.

I'll have to think about it a couple of days...

Join us ^_____^

So does this mean I have a choice between having all the keys glossy and having the keys matte?

Just matte for this set bro ^_____^

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 20:01:56 »
In! This is pretty amazing set!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Cafiend

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 20:50:57 »
Oh my, I like that. Really cool concept.   :llama:

I also like Pho!

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 23:51:47 »
What's the significance of '23' in the name?

If I hadn't just bought the DSA set, I'd probably go for this; I really wanted SA but everyone was all "SA is missing too many keys to do anything useful on a modern board".

I like the "alternative colour F1-F4, F9-F12" part of the expansion kit.... having done my top row all one colour in DSA, it's a choice I'm disappointed isn't always available.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 13:33:03 »
In! This is pretty amazing set!

Welcome aboard!

Oh my, I like that. Really cool concept.   :llama:

I also like Pho!

I just had Phở for the meal last night, soooo delicious nom nom...

What's the significance of '23' in the name?

If I hadn't just bought the DSA set, I'd probably go for this; I really wanted SA but everyone was all "SA is missing too many keys to do anything useful on a modern board".

I like the "alternative colour F1-F4, F9-F12" part of the expansion kit.... having done my top row all one colour in DSA, it's a choice I'm disappointed isn't always available.

I just like it! Hah :D
I hope you can join us somehow so you can try a completed SA set on your own board ^_^

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 15:09:40 »
as an owner of a Round 4 SPH set i have to say the wrong profile keys and odd sized mods are not that big of a deal at all. typing on the caps is the **** too.

my only complaint is that o-rings and dampeners do not work on SPH caps. however, i am going to cut up a bunch of dampners and place them on the plate to hush the bottom out.  i will let you know if it works or if i am suddenly in the market for a tube of Goo Gone...
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline blighty

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 15:24:17 »
as an owner of a Round 4 SPH set i have to say the wrong profile keys and odd sized mods are not that big of a deal at all. typing on the caps is the **** too.

my only complaint is that o-rings and dampeners do not work on SPH caps. however, i am going to cut up a bunch of dampners and place them on the plate to hush the bottom out.  i will let you know if it works or if i am suddenly in the market for a tube of Goo Gone...

The super-fat o-rings from imsto work fine on SA-series caps. I used two for extra weight.

27932-0

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 15:44:40 »

The super-fat o-rings from imsto work fine on SA-series caps. I used two for extra weight.

(Attachment Link)

oh ****.

here is what i found: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5.w4002-2339813136.33.ncBeEk&id=15476921126

IMSTO Taobao page may save the day. these things must be super thick cause those caps are freaking huge.
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 16:47:32 »

(Attachment Link)

Well that's good news!  My "fat" o-rings from IMSTO have been laying around without use because they don't work well with any of my "normal" caps.

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 15:56:05 »
I hope to add tricheboars and Photoelectric to the order list very soooon! ^0^

Here's a pic comparing the thickness of 3 kinds of keycaps: DSA, DCS and SA for those who doesn't know about them yet ^^

As you can see, the SA keys is SO thick! And both its first shot part and second shot part look so clean, very nice just to look at it.
The mordern key like DCS is thin. It uses less material because of cost cutting purpose.

And, order MOREEE, people!!! <3

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #39 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 16:07:05 »
I'm thinking about it...  Problem is that while I really like the set, I probably won't have a free board to use it on, color-match-wise.  It's definitely one of the most interesting sets I've seen though, on par with DSA Retro.

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #40 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 16:30:47 »
I see you're so skillful that you can paint the metalic copper case...It's so cool... Let's do something with the military theme then ^o^

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 16:39:49 »
Thank you!  That one's getting Lysol's "Ural" dye sub (orange / charcoal)!  I've got all my keyboards already "assigned" with sets =(  But maybe I'll come up with something before this GB closes!

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #42 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 02:31:13 »
Not a huge fan of the color combo but it's SA so I probably have to take it. Anyway I would take it only if we go with all ALPHA in ROW3, I don't like the other solution much. How would you handle that? I place my order now and cancel it later in case you go mixed profile?

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #43 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 03:48:51 »
best of wishes!

this is not the type of keyset I want, but it really looks nice!
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 06:50:05 »
Not a huge fan of the color combo but it's SA so I probably have to take it.

Same here, don't mind the colour because it will go hand in hand with a Filco Camouflage keyboard so easily (very little love for that product anywhere).

Just loving the SA profile and having SP finally pour the plastic into these babies instead of giving us the 'sh!t-poor' DCS thin wall standard (too much of that everywhere now).  Anyway it's time for the SA to stand up and be proud of it's luscious heaviness.  Just like some fat kid in a corner deli wanting all the lollies on the top shelf, and getting them  8) .
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 July 2013, 06:53:50 by Elrick »

Offline chaosstep

• From Hell
« Reply #45 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 08:50:33 »
Not a huge fan of the color combo but it's SA so I probably have to take it. Anyway I would take it only if we go with all ALPHA in ROW3, I don't like the other solution much. How would you handle that? I place my order now and cancel it later in case you go mixed profile?

Maybe Jil will do survey on here and then depending on the vote, decide the profile.
Anyway, we need to reach at least 75 kits haha.

If the only reason bugs everyone is the profile, then I still have a solution for a near "perfect" SA set in this situation

We will have the row profile like this
Esc row - ROW1
~ 1 2 3 row - ROW2
Tab row  - ROW3
Caps row - ROW3
Shift row - ROW3
Ctrl row - ROW4

It should be like this
Show Image

Pros:
- Perfect SA set in every aspect of aesthetic: full sizes, full rows, no gap, no wrong profile in the same row

Cons:
- The main typing area (QWERTYUIOP{}|ASDFGHJKL:"ZXCVBNM<>?) in the same profile. You might not like it, if you don't like the typing feeling over the DSA keyset

Now it's the question, are you okay with it, or the original idea still better?

Just loving the SA profile and having SP finally pour the plastic into these babies instead of giving us the 'sh!t-poor' DCS thin wall standard (too much of that everywhere now).  Anyway it's time for the SA to stand up and be proud of it's luscious heaviness.  Just like some fat kid in a corner deli wanting all the lollies on the top shelf, and getting them  8) .

Yeah I strongly agree your opinion :) That's why reason I joined this GB.
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 July 2013, 08:52:40 by chaosstep »

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #46 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 08:56:15 »
also consider that the all-alpha-on-row-3 solution should be cheaper.

PS: order placed!

Offline Rendom

« Reply #47 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 13:19:02 »
Kit 1.2 has the 1.75 shift?

didn't read 2nd post, my bad. will be orderinig soon.
QFR - MX Blue

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #48 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 19:48:32 »
So which profile are we using for this gb? SA standard or the alternate SA?

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 12:11:39 »
@Rendom: I'm waiting to add you into the list ^.^ If you have any question just ask...

@Elrick & chaosstep: making something different is exactly what I want to do in this GB. I've seen too many DCS sets, even Cherry old style sets everywhere recently. They are nice keys, but since everyone uses them and they are in every picture threads here and there, I like them less ~.~

@berserkfan: thanks ^^

@Matt3o & Latin00032: I will let people decide the route to go after we reach 50 orders of standard kit. I will post up a vote for people in the GB to choose what they want. After that, you still can modify your order in case you're not happy with the result.

The more I think about the all-row3-alphas solution, the more I like it hahah :3 It will be a perfect 23 Commando set in appearance if it goes this way!
The all-row3-alphas SA family is nice on a Filco board, eh?   :p