Author Topic: Keyboard Elevation Lift.  (Read 1158 times)

Offline Naweo

Keyboard Elevation Lift.
« on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 10:52:59 »
Greetings.

I am looking for a design that is flexible and useable for both wrist-rest and non-wristrest users. The idea allows keyboard users to acess a greater amount of keys a slight cost of thumbs utility.

Mathemahical principle:

The more elevated/angled the keyboard position is, the more access you have to upper row keys.
The less elevated angle/keyboard position is, the less access you have to lower row keys.

With this method you can access top keys "f1-f12, 1-12" more easily, and with the right adjustments you can still access space, c, x, b, v etc with your thumb all to your preferences

This simple sketch based on a wooden design:

http://gyazo.com/16915c462454073dbbcbda6df0f7d48f

I was imagining a design that uses:

- 2 heavy "towers" with varius linear, diagonal "holes" to put in a small wooden board to keep the keyboard elevated at prefered height.

Through these small cuts in the wooden towers you insert a wooden board to keep the keyboard elevated.

Without a keyboard, it should look like this:

http://gyazo.com/2fd91c71f54102b6215669dd3b8a7bab

If you imagine the two small boards that goes through each tower has a "block" behind to block it from going all the way through (making a small tip/block at the edge to make sure they are stable.
Tilting these two small boards willl make sure its not just the edge that keeps the keyboard at place but that it´s actually a larger surface.

Each hole in the tower gives the user the prefered ability to chose which height they´d like to elevate the keyboard to.
The towers prevents the keyboards from dancing up and down when presseing keys, but it may be necessary to block the keyboard at the bottom as well but that should be relatively easy with tape or some small wood as well. I personally use a keyboard wristrest platform from which this design is for intended use as well.

Do you think this is possible?

Thank you.

P:S. Other materials (Plastic, aluminium, iron etc) are useful as per your recommendation.

MSG me if you have the ability to create this.

To moderators: I apologize for posting this in the artisan section. I misunderstood the forum guidelines.

Offline Naweo

Re: Keyboard Elevation Lift.
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 10:40:03 »
Bump!