Author Topic: US Soldering Services  (Read 83617 times)

Offline opendealer

Re: US Soldering Services
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 23:51:17 »
Hey man, are you available to do some work for me? I want to swap the switches on a Keycool 22 numpad.

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 21:28:22 »
Today was a surprisingly a very uplifting day to say the least. I did my usual work, stretched my neck muscles, worked on a keyboard then took a break to rest my neck.

I woke up to a knock at the door but the person already left; however, I did see a big package on the porch. Not thinking much about it, I brought it in thinking it was something keyboard related  ;) but was overly surprised to find out it was a bonsai tree, to be more specific an indoor Fukien Tea Bonsai Tree that I don't remember ordering.

I looked and found a note that said and I am paraphrasing here, get well soon from your GeekHack Family. I am a grown man and I can tell you it put tears in my eyes. I have never been a part of such a great c̶o̶m̶m̶u̶n̶i̶t̶y̶  family and want to thank each and everyone of you for this wonderful gift!

PS. Pics of the tree tomorrow if there is no rain.

Thanks JD

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 21:32:31 »
Today was a surprisingly a very uplifting day to say the least. I did my usual work, stretched my neck muscles, worked on a keyboard then took a break to rest my neck.

I woke up to a knock at the door but the person already left; however, I did see a big package on the porch. Not thinking much about it, I brought it in thinking it was something keyboard related  ;) but was overly surprised to find out it was a bonsai tree, to be more specific an indoor Fukien Tea Bonsai Tree that I don't remember ordering.

I looked and found a note that said and I am paraphrasing here, get well soon from your GeekHack Family. I am a grown man and I can tell you it put tears in my eyes. I have never been a part of such a great c̶o̶m̶m̶u̶n̶i̶t̶y̶  family and want to thank each and everyone of you for this wonderful gift!

Thanks JD
Awww, that's so cool!!!  We're so glad you're feeling better chemist! I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the tree!  ;D
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 22:26:53 »
You're welcome, buddy. Hope you feel better.

I did have help, so I don't take all the credit.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 23:26:27 »

Thanks JD

Glad you are feeling better bro!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 05:04:41 »
Deffiebtly want to see tree!

Offline bcarrell

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 05:31:15 »
Chemist did an excellent job on my Ergodox!  Highly recommended!!

Offline archer

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 07:52:40 »
Glad to hear you're feeling better, brother! :thumb:

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 19:13:30 »

Awww, that's so cool!!!  We're so glad you're feeling better chemist! I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the tree!  ;D

Thanks.

Thanks, I am doing better. I just wanted thank all the other parties inolved for the gift, it meant a lot.

Thanks.

Glad you like it.

:p

Thanks.

Here is the wonderful tree.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 19:15:03 »

Thanks.

Thanks, I am doing better. I just wanted thank all the other parties inolved for the gift, it meant a lot.

Thanks.

Glad you like it.

:p

Thanks.

Here is the wonderful tree.

Show Image

You should decorate it with keycaps for xmas

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 21:42:51 »
Looks great!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 21:57:13 »
Got my board back from him today!

All the joints are beautiful and the keyboard is amazing! Thanks again for the good work :D

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 22:33:11 »
Got my board back from him today!

All the joints are beautiful and the keyboard is amazing! Thanks again for the good work :D

Show Image

Looks awesome!

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #63 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 22:52:06 »
I made a donation to GeekHack on behalf of all the members that make this the greatest community, thank you everyone.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 16:43:09 »
Just got my stuff back from Thechemist yesterday, and I must say this guy is a champ. Great service, very quick (even though his injury), and very helpful. Definitely will be going back to him for any assembly needs in the future.  :thumb:

Offline HiddenPower

• i trusted you and you betrayed me.
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 13:13:51 »
 :eek: :eek: :eek:

Offline Apexx

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 10:31:29 »
Received my keyboard yesterday from thechemist. Very happy with how everything turned out. Was very fast in working on my keyboard and in getting it back to me. Would definitely recommend his services.  :)

Offline Bucky

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 17:39:47 »
How much time would it take to build a GON NS NerD TKL? Interested in rough cost and how long it would be to be shipped after you received everything.
I was thinking of getting one with in switch and side LEDs, 62g clears with lube/stickers (not sure if there is any other relevant information). It seems GON has quite the lead time right now and based on a comment of yours it sound like this might be cheaper anyway? Thanks!

Offline killjaden

• Waiting on GON
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 14 May 2015, 20:04:16 »
Hello!

I think I sent you an email but not sure if you got it or if you're just busy at the moment.  Definitely interested in your services.  Let me know how we can get in touch.

Thanks!

Offline killjaden

• Waiting on GON
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 14 May 2015, 20:06:52 »
How much time would it take to build a GON NS NerD TKL? Interested in rough cost and how long it would be to be shipped after you received everything.
I was thinking of getting one with in switch and side LEDs, 62g clears with lube/stickers (not sure if there is any other relevant information). It seems GON has quite the lead time right now and based on a comment of yours it sound like this might be cheaper anyway? Thanks!

I actually have the exact same request...

Offline Capt Shemp

« Reply #70 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 12:22:15 »
One of my HHKBs had the mini USB connector come off the controller board. I exchanged some email with Thechemist and at a great price and with excellent turnaround service my board is back in service. Really happy with the whole process and results and when I have soldering needs again, I'll be back.

-Shemp

Offline tuantruong

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 05 June 2015, 18:27:32 »
Does anyone still keep in touch with thechemist? I haven't seen him on GH in awhile.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 05 June 2015, 18:29:39 »
Does anyone still keep in touch with thechemist? I haven't seen him on GH in awhile.
No. I sent him a few texts and didn't get a reply either :(

Offline tuantruong

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 05 June 2015, 18:36:55 »
:(
Hope everything is going well with him.

Offline Bucky

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 15:29:08 »
He hasn't responded to my last few emails - hopefully everything is alright.

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 11:35:16 »
*poke poke*

:(

Offline opendealer

« Reply #76 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 10:28:07 »
I've been away from GH for a while. When I came back I wanted to check how this thread was doing, only to find out that Thechemist hasn't been active at all for quite some time. Anyway, I hope all is well with him.
I wanted to post a couple pictures of one of the jobs he did for me. Like everyone says, he was very helpful, his prices were great, the turnaround was quick and, most important of all, the quality of his job was amazing.
I asked him to swap the switches on my Keycool numbpad for MX clears and to dim the numpad indicator light because it was too bright. He did so along with an ergo Clears mod on a Code 87-key. Needless to say I'm very happy with the results.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 10:45:30 »
I've been away from GH for a while. When I came back I wanted to check how this thread was doing, only to find out that Thechemist hasn't been active at all for quite some time. Anyway, I hope all is well with him.
I wanted to post a couple pictures of one of the jobs he did for me. Like everyone says, he was very helpful, his prices were great, the turnaround was quick and, most important of all, the quality of his job was amazing.
I asked him to swap the switches on my Keycool numbpad for MX clears and to dim the numpad indicator light because it was too bright. He did so along with an ergo Clears mod on a Code 87-key. Needless to say I'm very happy with the results.

Yeah he hasn't been on for almost 3 months =( he still has some projects with him. we all hope he is doing well and is just taking a hiatus.

Offline Dark_wizzie

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 03:11:21 »
Yeah, he still has my Kmac 2.  :(
Beep Boop

Offline Bucky

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 16:50:06 »
I had a GON being sent to him that I was able to reroute at the last minute after not hearing from him. Hope you get your keyboard back!

Offline tuantruong

« Reply #80 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 10:05:44 »
I haven't heard from him for 3 months or so, he still has my 3 pcbs I sent him to get them assembled.  :(

Offline Dark_wizzie

« Reply #81 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 02:24:19 »
I haven't heard from him for 3 months or so, he still has my 3 pcbs I sent him to get them assembled.  :(

Yeah, it's been 3 months here as well. Right after he got my Kmac 2 is basically 3 months ago. While it's a little odd for him to go MIA right after he says he has it, it also matches how long he's went missing for him to (which is some evidence that something did happen 3 months ago).

Here is what looks like his steam page:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/thechemist21

It says recent activity: 40.3 hours in the past 2 weeks. That's his Steam account because he is part of the OCN Steam group and that's where I met Chemist. There is only one user on OCN with the word "Chemist" in the name with any substantial amount of posts that would cause a person to join the OCN Steam Group, and that's The_Chemist21. Same 21 after the username, so it's unquestionably the same person I spoke to. The only excuse here is that he's actually busy/sick and somebody is playing in his Steam account. Who shares Steam accounts? (An actual question. Is that actually a thing?) And how busy could you possibly be to the point where you cannot spend 5 minutes to respond? How sick do you have to be? It would have to be life-threatening.

On the other hand, he hasn't taken more people's keyboard stuff since then. If he were really out to get people's stuff for free regardless of his reputation he'd be advertising his services like crazy before he disappears, and that's not really the case.

So my question is, how long do we give him the benefit of the doubt? What if he never replies back, ever? Do we just keep waiting forever and never make a conclusion that he's just keeping stuff? He may be going through a literal life-or-death moment right now, or he might be playing his games 20 hours a week chillin' with our stuff right now. Both have the same result to me. This is a very awkward position to be in. I have $700+ hanging in limbo for months.

Images I'm keeping for now:
http://s10.postimg.org/agziz00eh/Untitled.png
http://s10.postimg.org/bhzro4he1/Untitled2.png
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 August 2015, 02:31:16 by Dark_wizzie »
Beep Boop

Offline Parak

« Reply #82 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 03:16:25 »
Happened to stumble on this thread late at night.

I don't remember the details (and steam doesn't keep logs), but when I talked to him some months back he did have some unexpected health issues, although (iirc) non life threatening ones. Having talked with him a fair amount previously on various exchange of soldering advice and other matters however, I definitely don't believe he's the kind of person to just run off with people's stuff. So, I strongly suspect that something weird and/or bad happened. Steam account has taken an odd turn around the middle of last month that is atypical of him (the comments page, and games played), so I believe it to have been either given away or taken over, especially since he has not returned my soldering related messages even though I'm an unrelated party to any of the matters in this thread.

In any case, I feel bad for those that are missing their stuff, but it's a near impossibility that this is simple theft or something like that. It rather makes me sad that we might be looking at yet another member of the forums disappearing under mysterious circumstances... one that I interacted with a lot... reminds me of slightly similar situation with Soarer :(

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #83 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 12:01:57 »
Happened to stumble on this thread late at night.

I don't remember the details (and steam doesn't keep logs), but when I talked to him some months back he did have some unexpected health issues, although (iirc) non life threatening ones. Having talked with him a fair amount previously on various exchange of soldering advice and other matters however, I definitely don't believe he's the kind of person to just run off with people's stuff. So, I strongly suspect that something weird and/or bad happened. Steam account has taken an odd turn around the middle of last month that is atypical of him (the comments page, and games played), so I believe it to have been either given away or taken over, especially since he has not returned my soldering related messages even though I'm an unrelated party to any of the matters in this thread.

In any case, I feel bad for those that are missing their stuff, but it's a near impossibility that this is simple theft or something like that. It rather makes me sad that we might be looking at yet another member of the forums disappearing under mysterious circumstances... one that I interacted with a lot... reminds me of slightly similar situation with Soarer :(
Well, people thought that WFD could be trusted as well, is there even someone replying at all to the messages regarding soldering?

Offline Parak

« Reply #84 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 13:56:52 »
is there even someone replying at all to the messages regarding soldering?

Nope :(

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #85 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 15:43:30 »
Yeah I have marked off the redscarf. I didn't feel the need to get all upset over it. If I get it one day then it will be a surprise. I just hope he is okay. When he did help me he was a huge help so.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 20:19:53 »
On the other hand, he hasn't taken more people's keyboard stuff since then. If he were really out to get people's stuff for free regardless of his reputation he'd be advertising his services like crazy before he disappears, and that's not really the case.

Trust me you don't have to advertise at all to get a ton of orders lol.

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 18:43:56 »
 :'( :'(

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #88 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 19:02:12 »
:'( :'(

Every time i see this in unread i get excited =(

Offline Dark_wizzie

« Reply #89 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 03:07:46 »

Trust me you don't have to advertise at all to get a ton of orders lol.
Well, it's hard to take the orders if you don't even log into the site. He's been missing from Geekhack and OCN at about the same time. If I were intent on scamming, I'd know I could only do it for a little while and I'd be signing in to take as many orders via PM as possible. Not signing in at all I think is mild evidence to the contrary.

Wayback machine only one snapshot of his Steam profile, from 2013. Looking at the posts in the Steam page today though, the weird posts his account has been showing on his page only started July 13th. That's after he started getting flaky and disappeared for me on OCN. I think it is some evidence that the Steam account was given away to somebody else.

Some people I talked to thinks I'm getting scammed but I think there's some evidence to suggest maybe something else is going on. Who knows.

Kindda over keyboards though at this point though. For more than one reason, getting another Kmac and doing the whole nine yards isn't a good idea, especially not right now.
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 August 2015, 03:38:51 by Dark_wizzie »
Beep Boop

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #90 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 09:55:10 »
I am sorry for the delay but if you could please send me a PM If you have a keyboard that I am working on so that I can get everything completed and back to you.

Offline tuantruong

« Reply #91 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 10:05:27 »
I am sorry for the delay but if you could please send me a PM If you have a keyboard that I am working on so that I can get everything completed and back to you.
Nice to see you back! Are you still doing ok?

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #92 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 10:12:00 »
I am doing ok but for personal and legal reasons I don't want to get into it on the forum and would rather go through PM's.

I still have everyone's keyboard and am working on completing everything on hand so that I can focus back on my family.

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #93 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 10:24:15 »
I hope my lack of communication doesn't affect any other Artisan on Geekhack. I just want to apologize for the hiatus and make everything right.

Offline Dark_wizzie

« Reply #94 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 13:00:33 »
I hope my lack of communication doesn't affect any other Artisan on Geekhack. I just want to apologize for the hiatus and make everything right.
Very nice to see you're still alive.

I'll pm you soon, at work atm.  ;)
Beep Boop

Offline Dark_wizzie

« Reply #95 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 23:14:48 »
Dear Chemist:
Please just finish the keyboard and send it here. In a few months it's going to be a year since you got the keyboard, lol.
Beep Boop

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #96 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 14:06:54 »
Still holding onto 3 of my friend's ergodoxes (that he bought for his family members as Xmas gifts for 2015) totaling over $800 for about 1.5 years. Totally unresponsive to all forms of communication + email.

Scammer...
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #97 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 20:38:35 »
Still holding onto 3 of my friend's ergodoxes (that he bought for his family members as Xmas gifts for 2015) totaling over $800 for about 1.5 years. Totally unresponsive to all forms of communication + email.

Scammer...

Send a demand letter with the details of what is owed, via certified letter, to his home address.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #98 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 20:39:35 »
Wtf is wrong with people man, Thechemist seemed really cool when he was active.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #99 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 21:06:56 »
Wtf is wrong with people man, Thechemist seemed really cool when he was active.

I don't know, digi. I used to talk to him, and he was cool. But then he disappeared for a while, and after that he never acted the same. So strange.

in memoriam