Author Topic: Wanted to give the Matias Quiet Clicks a try......  (Read 51238 times)

Offline Screwdriver

Wanted to give the Matias Quiet Clicks a try......
« on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 17:02:21 »
So I ordered a KBP V80 w/Quiet Clicks to bring to the office. I hope this is just an issue with KBP and not the switches, but I have never had a keyboard that was so all over the place in feel and QC, Some keys are wobbly, some not, some noisy, some not. Just everything about the board is wrong. Could not even get a feel for ALPS switches in this thing.

Oh well....might try a Matias switch if they ever come out on other boards.
Realforce 87U/55g, Deck Hassium Pro-MX Browns, MK Disco TKL - KBT Browns, Code 87-MX Clears, KUL-87 MX Reds.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: Wanted to give the Matias Quiet Clicks a try......
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 17:05:33 »
You could try the Quiet Pro from Matias.ca
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Screwdriver

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 19:11:07 »

I eluded to this in the QC thread here. Not sure what the deal is, but the Matias branded boards have really poor reviews. USB port failing, whole block of keys going wonky, keys registering multiple times and just general QC issues.

I might get one if I see the issues being resolved.
Realforce 87U/55g, Deck Hassium Pro-MX Browns, MK Disco TKL - KBT Browns, Code 87-MX Clears, KUL-87 MX Reds.

Offline Screwdriver

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 18:07:19 »

Well, I decided to give one a try, but a Mini Quiet Pro....

Loved the board and feel of the keys....but I got severe key chatter on the "b" key. Sometimes it would not register, sometimes it would type multiple "b's" with one press. Going to call Matias tomorrow and see if they can guarantee a working board, because I am not going to play the return/test/return game.

Offline TeaLeafs

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 07:57:25 »
Loved the board and feel of the keys....but I got severe key chatter on the "b" key.

I had a problem with chattering on a v60 and v80, I took off the keycap and put it back on and didn't have a problem after that.

Offline Screwdriver

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 10:21:47 »
Loved the board and feel of the keys....but I got severe key chatter on the "b" key.

I had a problem with chattering on a v60 and v80, I took off the keycap and put it back on and didn't have a problem after that.

I'll give that a try later......

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 08:40:20 »
I have 3 KBP V60 Matias-switch boards, 2 with Click and 1 with Quiet switches. I bought these some time ago, and they have been excellent keyboards. However, I heard that there have been problems with Matias switches made this year because of QC issues in the manufacturing plant in China. I hope that they get the situation resolved soon, because Matias switches are the only way to get Alps-like switches in an off-the-shelf contemporary keyboard.