Author Topic: [IC] KAM Ocean Front - Update - Groupbuy up!  (Read 71232 times)

Offline Jyll

Re: [IC] KAM Ocean Front - Update - Boardrenders + All kits rendered!
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 09:22:48 »
Wow, those new renders are a much better match! Amazing set.

Offline irene

« Reply #101 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 15:47:09 »
Really dig the renders and layout support.  Can't wait to hop in on the GB!

Offline br4n_d0n

« Reply #102 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 00:40:25 »
That's an interesting case design for the 40% options.

Offline psxndc

[IC] KAM Ocean Front - Update - Boardrenders + All kits rendered!
« Reply #103 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 03:27:28 »
40 kit
40's Diagonal Glossy
Show Image

40's Straight Matte
Show Image

An Ave as a render? Ouch, too soon.
Ortho. Always.

Offline andromache

« Reply #104 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 11:35:12 »
It looks like for the alpha kits you might've uploaded "Alphas Glossy" twice instead of "Alphas Matte"?

Also, I find the kitting right now between matte and glossy to be kind of confusing. If sand is always matte, I think naming a kit with sand in it "glossy" can be slightly misleading? Some more specification in the kit names might be helpful for when this set goes to GB, just so people know for sure which kits are which.

The new renders are gorgeous btw!

Offline Meijboom

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 12:29:28 »
It looks like for the alpha kits you might've uploaded "Alphas Glossy" twice instead of "Alphas Matte"?

Also, I find the kitting right now between matte and glossy to be kind of confusing. If sand is always matte, I think naming a kit with sand in it "glossy" can be slightly misleading? Some more specification in the kit names might be helpful for when this set goes to GB, just so people know for sure which kits are which.

The new renders are gorgeous btw!

Sharp eye, missed the double glossy, will fix it immediately!

The demo's are with kits Matte (A matte + C matte) and Glossy (B glossy + C matte)
On the vendors site, the kits are separated out like the alpha's in this post.

40 kit
40's Diagonal Glossy
Show Image

40's Straight Matte
Show Image

Or is it....  ;) ;)

Is it confirmed kits finalized? I would love to suggest a couple of keys to the forties kit! Specificity a 1.25u tab as well as a blue colors 1.75u shift. Really looking forward to this set!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can add the caps! can you please tell for wich board it is so I can colourmatch?

Offline psxndc

« Reply #106 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 15:07:37 »

Or is it....  ;) ;)

Do you know something the rest of us don’t??
Ortho. Always.

Offline Meijboom

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 18:19:01 »

Offline psxndc

[IC] KAM Ocean Front - Update - Boardrenders + All kits rendered!
« Reply #108 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 22:18:31 »
Uh, considering a lot of folks are asking for refunds because the Ave still hasn’t been delivered a year later and Royal has been pretty poor with communication, if you have info to share, please do. I’m currently holding out on asking for a refund, but I’m not thrilled about us being ghosted.
Ortho. Always.

Offline Meijboom

« Reply #109 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 02:44:30 »
Uh, considering a lot of folks are asking for refunds because the Ave still hasn’t been delivered a year later and Royal has been pretty poor with communication, if you have info to share, please do. I’m currently holding out on asking for a refund, but I’m not thrilled about us being ghosted.

My info is not about Royals project, so I don't know anything about that. But there is something interesting coming up soon. (sorry I can't share more info than this)

Offline watchsasquatch

« Reply #110 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 21:31:05 »
This might be an unpopular take, but I really loved the original seafoam-y greenish blue... I think it captures the theme a bit better actually than a bright blue :/

I also thought that the original colors matched really well with this fountain pen: https://kanileapenco.com/kahakai-fountain-pen/

Sounds like decisions have been finalized, but any chance we'll ever see that greenish blue again?

Offline jackrabbit

« Reply #111 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 00:49:25 »
Yeah, I have to agree the change to light blue is a dealbreaker for me, and I was so excited for those original renders. I am glad lots of people seem to like it, and I am glad OP is going through with the group buy, I hope it is a success!

...just want to say I think those original renders were some of the coolest caps I have ever seen. Darn.
"I like my keyboards thunderous and my plates stiff." -Maledicted

Offline mimi.mieli

« Reply #112 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 10:46:36 »
Not a deal breaker for me, but I would agree that the original colors with that teal was beautiful. I love the part gloss, part matte concept for this!

Offline adamyli

« Reply #113 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 13:53:26 »
Also a dealbreaker for me :'( I was really impressed by the initial renders. The green/teal seafoam vibe was quite honestly the most amazing and breathtaking IC render I've ever seen to date.
At the same time, happy for the people getting another successful keycap GB, if theres ever an option for the original colour scheme I'd definitely throw my IC back in.

Offline Meijboom

« Reply #114 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 15:58:01 »
This might be an unpopular take, but I really loved the original seafoam-y greenish blue... I think it captures the theme a bit better actually than a bright blue :/

I also thought that the original colors matched really well with this fountain pen: https://kanileapenco.com/kahakai-fountain-pen/

Sounds like decisions have been finalized, but any chance we'll ever see that greenish blue again?

Not a deal breaker for me, but I would agree that the original colors with that teal was beautiful. I love the part gloss, part matte concept for this!

Yeah, I have to agree the change to light blue is a dealbreaker for me, and I was so excited for those original renders. I am glad lots of people seem to like it, and I am glad OP is going through with the group buy, I hope it is a success!

...just want to say I think those original renders were some of the coolest caps I have ever seen. Darn.

Also a dealbreaker for me :'( I was really impressed by the initial renders. The green/teal seafoam vibe was quite honestly the most amazing and breathtaking IC render I've ever seen to date.
At the same time, happy for the people getting another successful keycap GB, if theres ever an option for the original colour scheme I'd definitely throw my IC back in.

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the Feedback, I heard this one quite a lot so I can see what I can do. there is still a kitting update coming for small things I forgot about so I think something is still possible.
I personally like both of them a lot, but I understand the greenish is a lot more tropical / warm looking that fits the theme well.

I will come back to this :)

Offline barryburton23

« Reply #115 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 21:53:52 »
Super stoked to know the old color scheme might be possible! Just came across this thread and was hesitant to IC till I saw the latest post.
+1 for the greener colours!

Offline bigglesby

« Reply #116 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 22:12:08 »

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the Feedback, I heard this one quite a lot so I can see what I can do. there is still a kitting update coming for small things I forgot about so I think something is still possible.
I personally like both of them a lot, but I understand the greenish is a lot more tropical / warm looking that fits the theme well.

Is there a timeline for when the GB goes up and if the green version is a possible? I think I'd choose the old green one over the current but wondering if the schedule will be separate.

Offline Adqam64

« Reply #117 on: Thu, 11 February 2021, 14:27:14 »
It's clear that you can't make everyone happy, since I prefer the bluer version!

Offline eljudio42

« Reply #118 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 22:01:48 »
I hope it's not too late or even a too much of a hassle, but i'd love to see the wave, the helm, the seashell arrow keys, etc be part of the novelties kit too. I really love those but I still would like to get text mods without breaking the bank too much

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #119 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 22:31:50 »
I mean I'll pick it up anyway, but blanks would be great. *crosses fingers

Offline watchsasquatch

« Reply #120 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 10:50:14 »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for being so thoughtful about this!

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #121 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 11:39:26 »
Throwing in another vote for returning to the green. The blue is a much more harsh transition and doesn't feel like a smooth water to beach transition.

Offline yh

• hyurinkb
« Reply #122 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 11:55:12 »
interesting kitting, curious to see how it'll turn out. good luck!

Offline long_qt_pie

« Reply #123 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 14:41:01 »
Whatabout a spacebars kit?
Jetfire | Mech 27 v1 | Mira SE | Singa | Orion 2.5 | Eo87 | Lubrigante | MGA | IBM F XT | AEKII | Lightpad | Exent | Dolphin Rev 2 | F1-8x | Mr Suit

Offline Havattack

« Reply #124 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 16:15:13 »
It's bitter sweet seeing an IC for a new kit you like.... The renders of keebs you will more then likely never get a chance at.... hits me right in the feels.

Offline adamyli

« Reply #125 on: Sun, 14 February 2021, 00:43:36 »

Hi Guys,

Much appreciated man, thanks for being so considerate :) You can definitely count me as an insta-cop for the greener-seafoam.

Offline hello21

« Reply #126 on: Sun, 14 February 2021, 01:33:52 »
Green or blue, I love how this set looks either way

Offline yh

• hyurinkb
« Reply #127 on: Sun, 14 February 2021, 07:37:49 »
amazing renders by liz! though i feel you should probably include acknowledgements to the creators of the boards used in your post

Offline sGhost

« Reply #128 on: Sun, 14 February 2021, 07:49:33 »
Can’t wait to see this in gb!

Offline bert039

« Reply #129 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 20:44:15 »
Spacebar kit for Alice?

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #130 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 01:21:57 »
The 40s/ortho kit is missing a few keys/requires a few changes. As it stands right now, your 40s/ortho kit offers ortho-only support, even though you offer several non 1u sizes. 

-1.75u shift is strictly a left sided key in 40s and should be blue, not sand.
-1.25u tab in blue in missing. Every single staggered 40s board uses this key size tab. This is a quintessential 40s key.
-in order to outfit a prime_e, you’ll need another 1.25u key in blue. I recommend Fn or Menu
-in order to outfit UT47/Whimsy, you’ll need a 1.5u shift in blue
-I recommend 4x total 1.5u bottom modifiers. This covers some iterations of Fourier/similar layouts. Such as 2x blue and 2x sand (Ctrl and Alt)
-other common small bar sizes are completely missing. You’ll want to add the following: 1x 2.75u, 1x 2.25u, 2x 1.75u, and 2x 1.5u.

I’d be happy to go over these changes with you in greater detail on Discord. DrHigsby#8817.

Offline Meijboom

« Reply #131 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 11:00:28 »
Spacebar kit for Alice?

In the works, will be added. :)

amazing renders by liz! though i feel you should probably include acknowledgements to the creators of the boards used in your post

You're right, thought I already did that oops

It was already there, under special thanks to

I also spoke to DrHigsby and he helped me kitting, after this is finished the pricing quote will be updated.

Also requested some greener samples, hopefully those will come soon.

Estimated GB date is 1 June :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 February 2021, 11:46:39 by Meijboom »

« Reply #132 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 00:48:31 »
Just wanted to pop in and say the teal green in the OG renders was absolutely lovely. I do hope it makes its way into one of the alt kits.  :D I will for sure purchase if the green goes back in.

If it does not, still love this set and hope the GB goes well. Good luck!

Offline adamyli

« Reply #133 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 15:26:53 »
Spacebar kit for Alice?

I also spoke to DrHigsby and he helped me kitting, after this is finished the pricing quote will be updated.

So excited for the samples, thank you! If teal/dark greens go through will they be in the same GB of June 1?

Offline Havattack

« Reply #134 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 15:37:10 »
You should definitely name the boards your using NEXT to the pics. If anything, just to stop people from having to post to ask what board it is..

Offline Havattack

« Reply #135 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 15:40:44 »
Spacebar kit for Alice?

I think they meant list the name of the boards and their creators not whoever did the renders./

« Reply #136 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 23:56:46 »
Whatabout a spacebars kit?

Second this idea

Offline bigglesby

« Reply #137 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 00:17:38 »
Spacebar kit for Alice?

Your kindness is a balm to all who encounter it.
You’re like sunshine on a rainy day.
You’re so thoughtful.
Pog.

Offline Cods

• Penumbra SA Mark II please?
« Reply #138 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 02:00:18 »
It's lovely. I'm more up for sculpted profiles, but if I were to get something flat this would be it.
Model M Industrial, SSK, Unicomp 104, Code TKL MX Green, FC660M MX Green + Clear + White + Grey, FC660C Topre 45g, MagicForce 68 USB and Bluetooth, Whitefox, some optical switch 65% Bluetooth split spacebar thing ... wait, I think I need an intervention. Too late, there’s a couple of new Model Fs on the way.
Too much SA is never enough.

Offline Extra Fox

• quis qui sais
« Reply #139 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 13:55:12 »
Sculpted and shiny? Yes. Please.
A-a-ron

Offline TyPo.mk

« Reply #140 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 16:05:14 »
Love the glossy KAM caps, little pilot looks awesome and I’m sure this will too. Definitely on my radar (along with like 4 other blue sets)

Offline eljudio42

« Reply #141 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 19:16:31 »
I hope it's not too late or even a too much of a hassle, but i'd love to see the wave, the helm, the seashell arrow keys, etc be part of the novelties kit too. I really love those but I still would like to get text mods without breaking the bank too much
just gonna bump this since i'm worried it might've been buried

Offline ChaosAirlines

« Reply #142 on: Sun, 21 February 2021, 01:34:42 »
Spacebar kit for Alice?

Your kindness is a balm to all who encounter it.
You’re like sunshine on a rainy day.
You’re so thoughtful.
Pog.

Poggers for true. Looking forward to the green renders!

Offline Timception

« Reply #143 on: Sun, 21 February 2021, 04:57:16 »
The only key I am worried about is the small shift key, but it looks like you have us covered. Best looking colors for keycaps, instantly fell in love. Hope to get a set of these when available!

Offline frasnow

« Reply #144 on: Sun, 21 February 2021, 12:16:44 »

Noooooo! This set was finally getting close to your original blue of Beachie DSA that I really wanted. I guess you can't please everyone. At least we convinced you to offer the water in matte.  :D

« Reply #145 on: Sun, 21 February 2021, 16:25:46 »
Throwing in my support for the green renders. Hope they come out well!

« Reply #146 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 02:15:14 »
A big fan of the green, will the greens also have the shiny/matte option as well?
A simple person, unbounded by the winds or sea. Nature is truly a gift.

Offline galaxy01

« Reply #147 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 02:34:27 »
The new blue color scheme caught my attention. It is clean and gorgeous and I would definitely pick up the blue ocean set.

Offline barryburton23

« Reply #148 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 10:12:25 »
So glad the green is getting traction again C'':
hope everyone gets to buy the set they want

Offline ThickJimmy

« Reply #149 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 20:05:03 »
The glossy caps look great!!! Now another KAM set a NEED to buy