geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

Quake Remaster

<< < (5/6) > >>

Darthbaggins:
Quake I & II have some of the best soundtracks to date that have held up over time (Doom's S/T's are 3rd on this list) and I understand why Trent wasn't happy with Bethesda taking over the IP since I know they wouldn't payout for his work. 

Shapey Fiend:
I got Q2 with my first PC so I never really played Quake 1 outside that multiplayer source port valve did in the early 00's.. Trying to remember the name of it its hard to Google.

Anyway I finished the new episode it looked lovely. Going to work through the original ones next.

Kavik:

--- Quote from: Shapey Fiend on Tue, 21 September 2021, 19:12:26 ---I got Q2 with my first PC so I never really played Quake 1 outside that multiplayer source port valve did in the early 00's.. Trying to remember the name of it its hard to Google.

--- End quote ---

Team Fortress?

I own Quake on Good Old Games, which is taking its sweet time getting the enhanced edition, but, according to a mod on the forums, it is coming. I don't feel like paying for a game again that I already own. I would like to play multiplayer with everyone once I finally get it though.

noisyturtle:
I feel like Dusk is the Quake II we always needed, but not the one we actually got.

Also last night I got through Quake e1m1 blindfolded. Not too bad being able to go off door opening and enemy sounds alone, I even got one of the secrets!

HungerMechanic:
Haha, yes, E1M1 is good for muscle-memory.

And Dusk is awesome! I bought it this summer, and it's definitely old-school-inspired.

The real Quake II, though, is probably "Arcane Dimensions." New shotgun mechanics, new axe, and wildly ambitious levels.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version