Author Topic: [GB] DCS 9009 // GB Shipped - Update for remade kits  (Read 24460 times)

Offline s.ja

• asj
Re: [GB] DCS 9009 // GB Complete Oct 15 (All kits to be made)
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 17 January 2022, 02:05:06 »
Is Q1 2022 still on track?

i just ordered pre-order alps kit in mykeyboard.eu

I hope i can get it soon.

Offline paulgali

• SKME
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 17 January 2022, 03:00:10 »

Last estimate given to me was in March. If there are known delays I’ll let everyone know here, but so far it seems to be smooth going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 17 January 2022, 16:29:03 »

Last estimate given to me was in March. If there are known delays I’ll let everyone know here, but so far it seems to be smooth going.

im assuming you mean the last estimate you got was that it would complete in march, not given to you in march, which is exciting
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 17 January 2022, 22:25:08 »

im assuming you mean the last estimate you got was that it would complete in march, not given to you in march, which is exciting

Cannon Keys and protoTypist both say ETA Q2 2022

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 11 March 2022, 19:50:53 »
Is the March ETA still feasible? The GB updates havent changed for a bit
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 17 March 2022, 11:31:21 »
Is the March ETA still feasible? The GB updates havent changed for a bit

seconding, curious
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline paulgali

• SKME
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 17 March 2022, 14:17:34 »
I have only just received an update from SP

> SP is still waiting on materials to begin production due to supply shortages. We are still aiming to deliver by the end of Q2, and will keep you updated as new information arrives

I was not aware, but alas, the Q2 timeline is still doable apparently. Fingers crossed its sooner rather than later.

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 17 March 2022, 17:00:09 »
I have only just received an update from SP

> SP is still waiting on materials to begin production due to supply shortages. We are still aiming to deliver by the end of Q2, and will keep you updated as new information arrives

I was not aware, but alas, the Q2 timeline is still doable apparently. Fingers crossed its sooner rather than later.

Nice. Thanks!
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline blur410

• Memewhile in World of Tanks...
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 15 April 2022, 23:53:43 »
Well was hoping to have it by now but I understand things take time. Maybe June then?
Keyboard Ownership History: Dynex(Rubber dome chicklet keys)-EXTINCT, Macbook Air 2016(Scissor switch)-ACTIVE, Razer Ornata(Mecha-membrane)-EXTINCT, Corsair K68 RGB(Cherry MX Reds)-RETIRED, Razer Tartarus Pro(Razer optical analog)-RETIRED, Idobao ID-75(NK Creams)-SHELF, HHKB Pro 3 Classic(Topre BKE MX Mount)-ACTIVE, New Model F62(Capacitive buckling springs)-ACTIVE, Realforce 23UB(Topre)-ACTIVE, BM60-RGBEC w/KBDFANS 5 Degree Case(NK BOX Pinks)-SHELF, Focus 2001 (Alps White)-SHELF, Unidentified Vintage MX Black Board-SHELF

Offline paulgali

• SKME
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 07 May 2022, 09:53:27 »
Well was hoping to have it by now but I understand things take time. Maybe June then?
Last update was July. When quoted it seems the shortages were not being taken into account. I too wish I had sets now

Offline blur410

• Memewhile in World of Tanks...
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 09 May 2022, 11:06:33 »
Seems like a lot of SP sets are delivering in July if that is correct. Their logistics are gonna be so packed.
Keyboard Ownership History: Dynex(Rubber dome chicklet keys)-EXTINCT, Macbook Air 2016(Scissor switch)-ACTIVE, Razer Ornata(Mecha-membrane)-EXTINCT, Corsair K68 RGB(Cherry MX Reds)-RETIRED, Razer Tartarus Pro(Razer optical analog)-RETIRED, Idobao ID-75(NK Creams)-SHELF, HHKB Pro 3 Classic(Topre BKE MX Mount)-ACTIVE, New Model F62(Capacitive buckling springs)-ACTIVE, Realforce 23UB(Topre)-ACTIVE, BM60-RGBEC w/KBDFANS 5 Degree Case(NK BOX Pinks)-SHELF, Focus 2001 (Alps White)-SHELF, Unidentified Vintage MX Black Board-SHELF

Offline paulgali

• SKME
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 09 June 2022, 00:19:16 »
Signature Plastics ran into an issue with the 2u relegendable and told us yesterday about the issue.

They cannot make the mold as they would a typical backspace (3 stem). Instead, they will be using what is typically found in a POS board - IE, 2 switches. This will fit on your split backspaces without a problem.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 29 June 2022, 09:35:56 »
In case anyone missed the email, there will be a 5 week production delay to to a "manufacturing issue."

Offline paulgali

• SKME
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 29 June 2022, 09:46:17 »
To anyone who didn’t get an email..

There has been a manufacturing mistake. I spotted the issue and reported to vendors, as I intend to deliver in what was shown at the time of GB. Each vendor has taken the necessary action and been extremely helpful in sorting this out

-There was an issue during manufacturing process
-Vast majority of sets need to be remade
-Estimate is 5 weeks from now to be done
-The set is currently SP's highest priority

If I have another update, I will share it ASAP. I’m playing with the cards being dealt, I assure you everyone is doing their best to get this out as quick as we can.

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 29 June 2022, 10:01:32 »
Thanks for keeping a close eye on this and making sure we get the best possible product!

Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline PeppyToad

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 30 June 2022, 00:06:10 »
If the sets were made with the incorrect font (aka Cherry), then I'm sure some people would love to help with that...

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 30 June 2022, 12:49:03 »
If the sets were made with the incorrect font (aka Cherry), then I'm sure some people would love to help with that...

Yes, a truly terrible mistake. I would love to help take one of those off your hands if they are scuffed this bad.

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 01 July 2022, 12:06:02 »

me for instance, don't trash what you can still sell lol

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #68 on: Sun, 03 July 2022, 22:34:02 »
my guess is that that was not the issue but it's fun to dream. we'll probably find out when the crap bags go out in a few months

Offline paulgali

• SKME
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 07 October 2022, 13:43:25 »
BIG UPDATE (October 7th 2022)

As you’re all aware, I had previously announced during the group buy that all sets were being remade. Here’s why; sets were being manufactured with the Cherry typeface variant, not Gorton as I had originally intended.

Having spotted the issue before Signature Plastics had shipped out the sets, I insisted sets be remade in the Gorton fontface as I originally intended.

Customers should receive what they paid for – and thanks to all vendors involved, we were able to get this done. As far as I am aware, most, if not all GB orders have been shipped. There are still one or two vendors yet to process orders but these should be getting to you shortly. Now, for the Cherry legend sets.

These will only be available through Cannonkeys, MyKeyboard.eu and SandKeys.me. Quantities are limited. This includes both the MX and ALPS base, extensions and row 5. Relegendables are (obviously) not included. Pricing is available here (the extras will drop when the vendors are able to release them).

Kitting is identical to the original IC sets.

Please head to the CK and MKBEU discord for questions and further details, they will be happy to assist
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 October 2022, 13:46:34 by paulgali »

Offline paulgali

• SKME
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 07 October 2022, 13:47:09 »
my guess is that that was not the issue but it's fun to dream. we'll probably find out when the crap bags go out in a few months

Dream big. Maybe they will become a reality  ;D

Sidenote: Thank you everyone who participated, and a huge thank you to the vendors that supported this GB from the very start. As for the community - thank you, this set wouldn't exist without you all.

Happy Thocctober
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 October 2022, 13:51:01 by paulgali »

Offline Stringer Bell

Re: [GB] DCS 9009 // GB Shipped - Update for remade kits
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 07 October 2022, 14:24:19 »
Seems like in the end it was all a happy accident. Looking forward to some pics of it and maybe a new keyset :D

Offline The Pig

• Oink!
Re: [GB] DCS 9009 // GB Shipped - Update for remade kits
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 07 October 2022, 16:28:51 »
Thank you for the alps set, going to be great to receive and use in a build. :thumb: