geekhack Community > Ergonomics

What prompted your interest in ergonomics?

<< < (3/3)

fortissim2:
My first attempt to make typing more ergonomic was to use a different keyboard layout (Colemak)!
Originally started off as a school assignment, but now I can type 170wpm with it (and 130ish on quotes).

Also discovered split keyboards at my dad's workplace and now I really want one myself!! Idk if I should really get one though :p

nevin:
@fortissim2
there are lots of great inexpensive split ergo kits. look around, find one you like & give it a try. i'm sure you'll like the split aspect of it and will make it tough to go back to a one piece board.

fortissim2:

--- Quote from: nevin on Tue, 09 November 2021, 17:27:01 ---@fortissim2
there are lots of great inexpensive split ergo kits. look around, find one you like & give it a try. i'm sure you'll like the split aspect of it and will make it tough to go back to a one piece board.

--- End quote ---

I have tried them before and I like them, I just couldn't find one that looked sharp with my desk setup.
I used to have the MD770 (which I modded w/ lube, spraypaint and some other stuff and gave it to a friend for something I should not say here), can't get my hands on another one since then :(
(also I don't feel like building one lol)

OhKeycaps:
Pain on the outside of my left hand from doing too many hand contortions to do shortcuts like ctrl + shift + alt + <whatever>. The microsoft split KB wasn't enough. Switchted to KA2. Then I wanted QMK, so I switched to an ergodox.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version