Author Topic: Keycaps for Pimoroni Keybow  (Read 1087 times)

Offline SnarlingFox

Keycaps for Pimoroni Keybow
« on: Sun, 17 April 2022, 05:52:23 »
Hi folks, this is my first post so please be gentle :D

I've got a Pimoroni Keybow 2040. I don't know if I can add external hotlinks yet but Googling this should bring it up pretty quickly.

The Keybow is a user-programmable (Python) keyboard powered by the Raspberry Pi RP2040 chip, it has a 4x4 grid of clicky or linear RGB equipped buttons and takes DSA keycaps.

By default, it comes with clear caps with no legends on top. I used a label maker with clear labels to put some text on there, but as you can see, it's looks lacklustre..

285077-0

What I'm seeking;
  • DSA or XDA profile keycaps (or at the very least all the same profile ie. R4)
  • Either windowed or support backlighting
  • Casing should be black, grey or white
  • Preferably engraved or laser etched (but blank would be acceptable)

Here are some examples from Geekhack posts that I've found through Google Image Search that I like the look of;

I would also need a minimum of 16 of them or multiples thereof. There are a couple of fellow Keybow owners here in the UK I know who would also like some keycaps too ;D

Anyone able to help with this please?

Kind regards,
Snarl

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Keycaps for Pimoroni Keybow
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 17 April 2022, 06:11:26 »
I want to say the white relegendable SA caps are exactly what you want - there is a thread somewhere where someone made an entire board of them and printed labels on all sides as well as the top so he(?) could spin it round and use it in different programs which I would like to find to confirm it was backlit, but I have no idea what the thread was called and it was at least two years ago, maybe nearer four.  I will keep searching as new memories surface and will post back if I find it.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod