Author Topic: (sold/gone) Gateway Anykey w/ AT connector  (Read 2339 times)

Offline Pylon

• Trade Count: (0)
(sold/gone) Gateway Anykey w/ AT connector
« on: Sun, 03 April 2011, 10:04:23 »
I posted this before, but it didn't sell, so:

The above is a Gateway Anykey 124-key programmable keyboard. It has carbon pad rubber dome membrane switches (like all Anykeys), with dedicated sliders. The keys are low contrast (beige and gray) double shot and Cherry MX compatible:

The build date was 1-2x-93, though the latter half of the build sticker was torn to access a screw.

WEAR AND TEAR:
-One of the plastic tabs holding the left shift stabilizer broke. I fixed it with a small piece of styrene sheet and some Krazy glue, and it works just fine now holding the stabilizer. However, this might present an issue if you want to remove the stabillizer.
-The keyboard has pretty much no yellowing.
-Some light scuffing near the Gateway logo (very hard to see unless at extreme angle)
-Dirt in various places on the bottom.
-Keys have some light shine:

I recently completely took apart the keyboard and reassembled it. I tested most of the keys before the reassembly and it worked fine (I did not test the programming functions since I don't know how they work). I did not do post-rebuild tests yet since I can't find my AT->PS/2 adapter.

I'll let it go for $15 + shipping. I'm in the Boston, Massachusetts area so if you're in the area, local pick-up is free. If I can find my AT->PS/2 connector I'll test it for you and include it for free if you want.

EDIT: This is long gone. I still have a few parts for the thing (controller, case, cables, sliders, membrane) if anyone wants them free for the cost of shipping.
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 December 2011, 15:36:34 by Pylon »

Offline Pylon

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 15 April 2011, 20:45:35 »
Dropping it down to $10.

Offline jnewkirk

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 16 April 2011, 00:39:18 »
I have one of those somewhere.  I'll have to find it and give it a try.  

I remember figuring out the programmable keys but can't remember how to work them now.
Own:  IBM Model M 1391401  |  Dell AT101W  |  Cherry G80-8113LRCUS (Clears)  |  TG3 Data911 (Blacks)  |  ABS M1  |  Goldtouch Ergo
Previously Owned:  Filco Tenkeyless Otaku (Blues)

Offline kbdfr

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 16 April 2011, 05:18:34 »
PMd

Offline Pylon

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 17 April 2011, 17:54:07 »
The keycaps are going to go to kbdfr unless someone else wants the whole board. Sale pending...

Offline SusanNM2007

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 03 December 2011, 14:44:42 »
Sold!

Offline SusanNM2007

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 03 December 2011, 14:45:25 »
How do we do this?

Offline Pylon

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 03 December 2011, 15:28:42 »
It's long gone, sorry. Forgot to ask the listing to be deleted. Keycaps got sold to kbdfr (before you, no one wanted the whole board), and the rest of the board is in pieces (since no one wanted the rest), and I gave a number of those pieces away (so I can't put the board back together).

If the person you're trying to have it has a broken Anykey, I can give you a few parts (controller, membrane) for free and maybe you can fix it.
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 December 2011, 15:35:45 by Pylon »