geekhack Community > Keyboard Keycaps

Looking to buy some keycaps

(1/2) > >>

CookieCutter:
Hello all,

I currently have a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate and I'm looking to get some keycaps for it. I read that different keyboards have different key profiles. Would I be able to use keycaps from the Das or a Filco on the BWU?

The "panic" escape keys from pimpmykeyboard caught my eye. I heard they do not come in cherry flavor anymore but is there any way to get keys like these for cherry keyboards? If not, the escape keys with the figure running away with a keyboard also caught my eye.

Also, I want to have different keycaps for the letters in my name. Would there be a better way of doing this aside from buying a complete set?

Thanks for the help.

IvanIvanovich:
You could use most of the keys from a Filco compatible keyset, except the entire bottom row which is different on the bwu as it has 1.5 and 1 unit keys instead of 1.25 unit keys for ctrl alt win. You also would be left with the original caps for the macro keys unless you bought some singles.
Signature Plastics may have some MX compatible panic keys left. You can email and ask them.
I haven't seen single legend keys of letters for sale, but I haven't ever looked. Blank keys are easy to come by in whichever row you need them from. You could always put a WTB ad in the classifieds for specific letters, you never know.

reaper:
Welcome to Geekhack and you should definitely join qtan's group buy.  Lots of interesting looking key caps there.

Also I got that "panic" key cap from SP (they own pimpmykeyboard.com) and it works with Cherry MX.  I'd be surprised if they stop making it compatible.

][/URL]

detriarch:
BW ultimate ? led lights? new keycaps? wouldnt you have to buy keycaps made for the light up keyboards?

detriarch:
BW ultimate ? led lights? new keycaps? wouldnt you have to buy keycaps made for the light up keyboards?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version