geekhack Community > Keyboard Keycaps

Looking to buy some keycaps

<< < (2/2)

IvanIvanovich:
True. If you need backlit style there are not that many options. Check out http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?20249-TG3-Data911-Keyboards-w-Touchpad-15-35 for some $15 part out keycaps maybe. These would be good for backlit keys with a more standard font, but won't be a full compatible set.

CookieCutter:
Thanks for all the replies guys. This is by far one of the most helpful forums I've ever been on. I don't really care too much about the backlighting of the keyboard. Another thing I thought about doing was spelling out my name in the macro keys on the side but I think that would be super difficult because I would have to get letters on keys that aren't usually on those key types. I'll definitely check out those links and see if there's anything I'd want from it.

TheProfosist:

--- Quote from: CookieCutter;387078 ---Thanks for all the replies guys. This is by far one of the most helpful forums I've ever been on. I don't really care too much about the backlighting of the keyboard. Another thing I thought about doing was spelling out my name in the macro keys on the side but I think that would be super difficult because I would have to get letters on keys that aren't usually on those key types. I'll definitely check out those links and see if there's anything I'd want from it.
--- End quote ---
you could do that check out wasdkeyboards.com. you can get custom keys etched with what ever you want really. they also have a part on this forum as the owner is a GeekHacker

jpm804:

--- Quote from: reaper;386587 ---Welcome to Geekhack and you should definitely join qtan's group buy.  Lots of interesting looking key caps there.

Also I got that "panic" key cap from SP (they own pimpmykeyboard.com) and it works with Cherry MX.  I'd be surprised if they stop making it compatible.

Show Image]Show Image[/URL]
--- End quote ---

Just got my panic and !@#$% keys from Pimpmykeyboards and they are still selling them as Cherry mx compatible.

CookieCutter:
I emailed SP and they said there are Cherry MX PANIC keys so I'll definitely be getting one of those. I'm considering doing the black and white checkering now. I've done some searching and imsto's PBT 104 look pretty good http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?16260-PBT-104-keycaps. Ideally I would like to get a set of white keys with blue lettering. Is there any (practical) way of getting these? I've done some reading but I want to be sure there isn't anything like this out there before I pull the trigger on imsto's set.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version