Author Topic: °Parashop° Closed indefinitely  (Read 72579 times)

Offline rurushu

• Trade Count: (0)
nice cable options you have there paranoid! especially the glow in the dark one!!!!

@Elrick: oh boy, i seem to find you in almost all cable store here in GH, you really like them cables don't you?  :D :D

You always need to support the guys with talent.  8)   Anyone who can sleeve just about anything is way above me when it comes to covering a cable with something nice and professional looking.  I tried doing it once but as usual just plain gave up due to my gorilla hands which are more suited to stripping diesel engines then creating something fine and special like a keyboard cable.

All of the guys here at Geekhack, whether it's MiMiC, Pexon and Paranoid deserve our custom.  These guys are able to do anything with sleeves and when people start making stuff they need to be supported every time. It's rare these days for anyone to create little works of art but it's done with these cables, at such a very low cost.
haha... you are correct. Right now im still thinking on my cable.... still undecided what to get....
but will definitely get from the good peeps here on GH, whether MiMiC, Pexon or Paranoid!!!

Offline deSheol

• Thorpe
still waiting for my cable to arrive. =) until then, i wouldn't comment on it yet :p

Offline Paranoid

Mdpc-x is nice! Can you get that?

What shades of purple can you get?

I don't want you to have to make a special order that would be difficult or anything.
You have a Personal Message, kind sir :)

still waiting for my cable to arrive. =) until then, i wouldn't comment on it yet :p
I checked your package status and it has not been updated since I went to the post office. I sure hope they already shipped it out. Would be weird otherwise! If I still see no change in status this week or if you haven't received it yet I'll go to the post office on Saturday and ask about it.

Offline deSheol

• Thorpe
Ah nvm, just went downstairs, and the chauffeur said there's a package for me :) ill post some pics tonight!

Offline Paranoid

hahaha ok :D very good!

Offline Glissant

Got my cables today :D , and I already ordered two more cables because 70cm was too short for me. Note to self: always check lengths twice.
18204-0
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 April 2013, 11:48:55 by Glissant »

Offline rurushu

Got my cables today :D , and I already ordered two more cables because 70cm was too short for me. Note to self: always check lengths twice.
(Attachment Link)

And here is the B-magic cable with my two-tone blue on beige set.
(Attachment Link)
nice cables you got there!!! the color is very vibrant!

Offline Glissant

The MDPC cables are excellent quality too. The connectors are perfectly done.
It was not hard hitting the submit button on another order ;).

Offline Paranoid

Aw Glissant, that's unfortunate! Well, for you. For me not so much ;D (making a little joke alriiight ^^)
But seriously, if you have no use for them at all you can send them back. If you're fine with keeping them, I'll give you a discount for your troubles ;)

Let that be a lesson for everyone :) Measuring is knowing! Or in Flemish(Dutch): Meten is weten!

Offline Glissant

No problem at all. I'll keep them for laptop usage ;). And if anyone is even questioning getting some cables from Paranoid; stop it and go order right now. I would suggest using MDPC sleeving as the quality is stellar.
Now I can't wait to get my cables AGAIN :D.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
mine is in the mail

cant wait
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
I would suggest using MDPC sleeving as the quality is stellar.
Now I can't wait to get my cables AGAIN :D .

Yep, there's a cable craze going on here  8) .  Now when I buy a keyboard I know I'm not going to use the original connector at all because these guys are here to make anything we want.  The GLORY of having an unending choice in cabling  ;D .

Offline numerus

• Happy go lucky
Thats why i gotta 3 of them  :)) :cool:
KBC Poker II | HPE 87% | FILCO Majestouch 2 | Cherry G81-3000 | Marquardt MK | CM NovaTouch TKL | POK3R 

Offline Paranoid

Thanks for the cool comments guys! I will posting some more pics in the upcoming days :) Don't forget to tell me when you receive your cables and you're of course always welcome to post some pictures!
Have a nice evening! Or day for some =)

Offline Glissant

Paranoid, did you get pictures of my cables this time? My phone camera pictures are not adequate xD

Offline Paranoid

I diiiid :) they shall be posted as well ^^

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
i got my cable through today, outstanding quality cable, amazing service and great response times to messages, i couldn't recommend paranoid any more, gonna follow up with a big order in the coming days

pics to follow later today
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Paranoid

Time for a lot of pictures :) didn't have a lot of time lately so here is a selection of cables!

CAMOUFLAGE!!

Fjew! :D and more to come in the next weeks ^^ Thanks all you guys for your support! I will be announcing something fun when things get a little calmer on my side!

Offline Paranoid

Ah and I also have two new MDPC colors! Vivid Violet and Purple :) still have to put them in the forms though!
For color correct images you might want to take a look at the MDPC site ^^
Byebye!

Offline numerus

• Happy go lucky
Meins  ;D Meins  ;D Meins  :-*  :p
They look really good  :-*
KBC Poker II | HPE 87% | FILCO Majestouch 2 | Cherry G81-3000 | Marquardt MK | CM NovaTouch TKL | POK3R 

Offline TAdams

• Professional Lurker
Paranoid,

What is the smallest diameter wire that you can sleeve/wrap? The reason I ask is that I am interested in having my earbud cables wrapped - if possible.

Thanks!
TAdams
i want to unsee that - eyebleach plz!

Offline Paranoid

Hi TAdams,

I'd say it depends on the earbus cables. In generally it won't be super pretty if you use Paracord or MDPC because the sleeving is just too big imo for that really small diameter from earbud cables. I've yet to find a sleeving small enough. I already searched for it in the past since I wanted to do that, I'll start looking again to see if something comes up :)
The other problem is the Y part. I'd have to find something I can use to cover the splitting of the wires in a decent way, unless I keep the original part and finish every bit with heatshrink. Optional is also a metal 3.5mm connector.
I make no promises. It's pretty difficult I think :) I'll let you know if I find something satisfying.

Offline Glissant

Excellent work again, Paranoid =D. They are the perfect length for me.

19044-0

Offline TAdams

• Professional Lurker
Paranoid,

Thank you for your quick and thorough reply. I hope that you can find something and I appreciate the difficulty involved. I had spent much time looking myself and just kept hitting dead ends.

Thanks again!
TAdams
i want to unsee that - eyebleach plz!

Offline Permeability

Hey Paranoid,

Did you get my last PM? Our time zones make communicating really difficult  :(
Keyboards:
'The Cheat' - lubed 62g Clears
Ducky Shine 3 TKL lubed 45g Reds (Work)

Offline Paranoid

Woops my bad! I saw it but forgot to reply :) busy busy busy! Sowwyyy ^^

Offline numerus

• Happy go lucky
Ohh YES  :eek:  :p  :-*

Big THX Paranoid great work ! Very impressiv quallity
I m excited :)

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
Looks awesome!
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 April 2013, 22:06:27 by Dreamre »

Offline durainello

• Free cheap and fast International shipping solution to fellow Singaporean.
Any sample for Topre?

Offline Paranoid

Cool numerus, you already got them! Cool beans :)

durainello, I haven't forgotten about you :) still waiting on my Topre customer to send me some pics ^^ he was quite busy at the time but I'll ask him again!

Offline pasph

Your Topre customer even last night went to bed at 4 a.m. and now working again.
Tomorrow rest & topre pics (absolutely)
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Batmann

sounds like the topre customer is a party animal :)

Offline pasph

Please replace "party" with "work"  :'(
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Paranoid

Damn that's tough pashp! No stress about the pictures though. Rest comes first! :)

Offline Batmann

Oups!
"strength and honour" my friend

Offline Paranoid

So, some news. I'm thinking off stopping new orders so I can at least finish all the orders I have now and perhaps take a little break on cable making for a few days/weeks. It's getting to the point that it's pretty time consuming and absorbing the little free time that I have. I also don't want all the people ordering now to wait too long for their cables.

Don't worry though, I'll be back since I still have plenty of stock to get rid of ^^ So it could be that the order forms will be down by the end of the weekend or during the week somewhere.

Ah and here are some pictures with a detachable cable in a Realforce TKL keyboard, courtesy of pasph:

Have a beautiful weekend everyone!

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
Looks awesome!

Your cables seem the most premium of em all :)!

Offline Paranoid

Thanks Dreamre :)

Offline HannibalChew

• Formerly PixelScript
    • gaffworks
Where can i buy the usb heads from? I would love to be able to make my own sleeved cables :D

Offline Mugen

• O-Rings are the murderers of keyboard souls
Got my Paranoid cable a few days ago, super happy with the result!
Cable came very well packed in a thick padded envelope:
20690-0

Cable looks awesome at first look:
20692-1

Awesome note to make sure I dont forget what I ordered :)
20694-2

Cable looks amazing and is extremely well made:
20696-3 20698-4

Paranoid was extremely helpful, immediately responding to any request or question. Cable was shipped much faster than expected.
Highly recommended for anyone whos even slightly passionate about his keyboards.
Thank you Paranoid for the awesome cable, worth every penny!

« Last Edit: Thu, 02 May 2013, 14:17:33 by Mugen »

Offline Paranoid

Wauw Mugen, thanks for the cool pics and nice review :) I'm really happy you like it! It was my pleasure ^^

I will be posting a couple of pictures of the latest cables during the weekend!

Offline Paranoid

And of course here are some more cable pics :)

Realforce TKL and fullsized internal to female mini usb cables with MDPC black:

Filco TKL and fullsized internal to female mini usb cables with Paracord black:

And some other cables:

Still some orders to finish before I can take a break ^^ And I will be selling some extra Filco detachable internal cables I made in the process for a cheap price later :)

Offline numerus

• Happy go lucky
Nice work ;)

soon you will get new order from me  :cool:
gotta new Filco Majestouch 2 and an Vintage German Army Keyboard they need Cabels... Moddin Time  :p

Offline Glissant

I'll be getting at least one more cable after your break, Paranoid. Can't get enough of that vibrant MDPC sleeving  :D .

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
I can't wait to get the cables. Looks simply amazing :).

I will definitely post a review here once I receive em!

Thanks!

Offline Coumbaya

And of course here are some more cable pics :)
More
Realforce TKL and fullsized internal to female mini usb cables with MDPC black:
Show Image

Show Image

Filco TKL and fullsized internal to female mini usb cables with Paracord black:
Show Image

And some other cables:
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Still some orders to finish before I can take a break ^^ And I will be selling some extra Filco detachable internal cables I made in the process for a cheap price later :)

Hi Paranoid !
Good to see a fellow border resident here, (I live near Belgium)!
Are you still taking orders ? I really wanted to make my modded cables myself, but I can't find any place to buy all the components. Would you be interested in selling me the parts separately so I can assemble them myself ? For the same price as an assembled cable of course.
Less work for you, more fun for me ! I just love to solder and make stuffs myself...
If not I'd like to place a normal order for 3 cables then ;)

Thanks !

Edit : I must be blind to green or something because I didn't saw the big text on the first post. I guess I'm gonna have to wait ;)
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 May 2013, 05:37:45 by Coumbaya »
Filco MJ2, Browns, Skull Squadron Ducky Shine III, Browns, Granite Unknown, White Alps & trackpad 1390132 & 1391402 Model M

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
Time for a lot of pictures :) didn't have a lot of time lately so here is a selection of cables!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

CAMOUFLAGE!!
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Fjew! :D and more to come in the next weeks ^^ Thanks all you guys for your support! I will be announcing something fun when things get a little calmer on my side!

I just noticed that my cable was posted. I looked at the purple one and didn't realize that it was the one you sent me.

Beautiful cable.

Offline Paranoid

Hi guys! Thanks for the nice words :) It gives me great joy that you like my work ^^ I was away for a mini holiday at the Belgian coast for a couple of days but now I'm back to finish my orders :D

Normally I don't sell parts separately since I source them from different suppliers and I don't want to restock all the time (shipping costs are a *****). But if you want them for the same price as an assembled cable that's a different case. Although I wouldn't charge you the full amount since my hard work will not be involved. I'll send you a PM :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 May 2013, 06:22:07 by Paranoid »

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
So I received my cables and they look fantastic. Nice and professionally made :D!

Here are some pictures!

Sorry for the horrible pictures haha, it was off my cellphone. I also changed my LEDs to white while I changed my cables and my girlfriend got the purple one (coming soon)!

Thanks again Paranoid! Was a pleasure ordering from you!

Offline Paranoid

And it was my pleasure having you as a client ;) I'm glad you like them! I saw the pictures in the other thread first while looking around ^^ Keeping it standard black on black is pretty slick!

Here is a little something I made over the past days.
Say hello to Mister Curly:

This won't be a regular thing though :D