geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

[GB] GMK Shoko Shipping Soon

<< < (2/58) > >>

Nerdbot5000:
Happy that this is going live. Are the alpha's still 656 C? I know you mentioned that the renders with the lighter alphas (look white to my eyes) seem to be more accurate, so I wanted to double check that the light grey pantone is still the intended color. Thanks!

portbaron:

--- Quote from: Nerdbot5000 on Fri, 16 November 2018, 14:41:44 ---Happy that this is going live. Are the alpha's still 656 C? I know you mentioned that the renders with the lighter alphas (look white to my eyes) seem to be more accurate, so I wanted to double check that the light grey pantone is still the intended color. Thanks!

--- End quote ---
Ordered.
I think in the sample approval phase the color could be adjusted if need be as most most people seem to like a cool-near-white alpha color. GMK sometimes does stuff a little dark on prototypes from what I've seen, but this can be addressed if you work with them.

otanishock:
Fingers crossed the colors will be justified. After seeing the trainwreck with GMK Necro, I'm skeptical about any set with custom light blue-ish color...

DJ Shoko:
So Kono got back to me on the status of the proxies and I feel like I need to address it here, but it will be a bit delayed since there was a pricing error on GMK's part for the price quote of the set. Good news is that the price will not be higher from what I am told, I will try to keep you people updated on Monday PST (though no guarantees about that one either). Sorry for the delay and hope to keep good faith.

--- Quote from: the_high_5 on Fri, 16 November 2018, 14:40:03 ---Stoked to see the GB go live. Do you happen to have an ETA on the first round of samples?

--- End quote ---
Not yet unfortunately, though I will keep updated on that.

--- Quote from: Nerdbot5000 on Fri, 16 November 2018, 14:41:44 ---Happy that this is going live. Are the alpha's still 656 C? I know you mentioned that the renders with the lighter alphas (look white to my eyes) seem to be more accurate, so I wanted to double check that the light grey pantone is still the intended color. Thanks!

--- End quote ---

Really subtle light blue-gray color will be the goal and yes it still will be 656 C, I would probably be fine with a bit lighter though than the actual Pantone chip.

--- Quote from: otanishock on Fri, 16 November 2018, 19:02:42 ---Fingers crossed the colors will be justified. After seeing the trainwreck with GMK Necro, I'm skeptical about any set with custom light blue-ish color...

--- End quote ---

Understandable, but I do have a Pantone sheet with all three colors, but I also am planning to invest in the Pantone chips since paper!=plastic, color checker, and neutral white lighting if I can to hopefully color check the samples as best as possible. I understand the skepticism though and I don't blame you for it.

otanishock:

--- Quote from: RaySasQuach on Fri, 16 November 2018, 19:39:01 ---Understandable, but I do have a Pantone sheet with all three colors, but I also am planning to invest in the Pantone chips since paper!=plastic, color checker, and neutral white lighting if I can to hopefully color check the samples as best as possible. I understand the skepticism though and I don't blame you for it.

--- End quote ---

Don't worry. You're good. I was just expressing my concern that's all. Already ordered my set. My pleasure to support you and your project :).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version