Author Topic: Ressurected Apple Extended Keyboard  (Read 1768 times)

Offline Snipeye

Ressurected Apple Extended Keyboard
« on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 19:40:34 »
I spent quite a while around last christmas working on a nice project: The restoration, upgrading, and finishing(painting) of an old Apple Extended keyboard.

Final result?
35075-0

Not a giant picture there, but I'm firly happy with how it turned out.  In total, the project took me several hours - disassembly and cleaning, building a teensy USB controller into there to convert from ADB to usb, then attaching a USB hub so I have 2 powered usb ports on the left side instead of another ADB slot, then paining and resassembly.

Unfortunately, the "A" Key is having some SERIOUS issues - it's very buggy and laggy and doesn't seem to activate properly on press. Very noticeable in gaming, even typing this took 2x as long as it should have.  It was getting stuck a while ago, so I did my best to clean it out with some alcohol and compressed air, but I seem to have done more harm than good.  It no longer gets stuck, but something, electrically, is very wrong. Suggestions?

Offline poxeclipse

• Hit me with music ... yes, me friend
Re: Ressurected Apple Extended Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 21:40:28 »
Try to change the switch. If you don't have a spare, switch with one from the keyboard, which you don't use, e.g. Scroll.