Author Topic: Sharing Your Keyboard Pics for Fair Use  (Read 2628 times)

Offline Malarkey

• Keyboards for Programming
Sharing Your Keyboard Pics for Fair Use
« on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 17:14:19 »
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share or give license to use some pics of their keyboards for fair use distribution?

I've recently undertaken the task of making some articles and resources on keyboards.  I'm finding that it's rather hard to get good quality photos of a number of keyboards, especially pics of things like switches and keycaps.  I thought making a thread here would be a great way to make a resource of free-to-use pictures and provide a way to showcase your keyboards a bit more.  All images used would be credited and linked to for attribution of course.

I'd love to see your pics or hear your thoughts on this idea,
Cheers

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: Sharing Your Keyboard Pics for Fair Use
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 17:16:23 »
As self appointed HHKB messiah, you have my permission to use all HHKB pictures.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 17:16:59 »
If the images are on Imgur you can use them under the "fair use" policy, just be sure to attribute the website (and the uploader, if possible). However, it's nice of you to ask. You may get some people to take photos specifically for you to use.

Are your articles and resources going to be on a website, or are you starting a thread here?

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 17:20:59 »
If it is any use you can use any of the ones I have posted.

I don't think many people will care if pictures are used as long as it is not used for profit  :thumb:

Offline Malarkey

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 17:31:59 »
As self appointed HHKB messiah, you have my permission to use all HHKB pictures.
Awesome, thanks!

If the images are on Imgur you can use them under the "fair use" policy, just be sure to attribute the website (and the uploader, if possible). However, it's nice of you to ask. You may get some people to take photos specifically for you to use.

Are your articles and resources going to be on a website, or are you starting a thread here?

I didn't know that about Imgur, that should prove useful in the future.  Probably both, I've already started writing a bit but wanted to see if I could get some better pictures before going any further.

If it is any use you can use any of the ones I have posted.

I don't think many people will care if pictures are used as long as it is not used for profit  :thumb:

Thank you, I really appreciate it  :D

Offline xqwtz

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 18:14:07 »
I save all photos I find that I like for future inspiration.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 20:05:49 »
You're welcome to use any of my pics. I'm happy to take requests if you need a picture of something from a specific angle or anything like that, too.

Also interested in seeing your writeups and stuff. :)

Offline Malarkey

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 21:08:08 »
You're welcome to use any of my pics. I'm happy to take requests if you need a picture of something from a specific angle or anything like that, too.

Also interested in seeing your writeups and stuff. :)

Wow, thanks!  You have a ton of great photos, this is just the kind of thing I was looking for.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 18:46:13 »
Check the links in my sig or the albums on my Imgur. Just make sure to mention me. :)

Though I believe a lot of pics have not been put into albums yet so you won't find them through the albums alone.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread