Author Topic: Gaming mousepads!  (Read 285617 times)

Offline keyboardnoob

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #300 on: Tue, 24 January 2012, 16:43:19 »
Quote from: Mazora;497883
I dont see thick as a good thing (at least regarding mousepads)

It has to, otherwise it doesn't last very long ( talking about cloth mouse pads ).

edit: Seems like I'm not the only one from Quebec on here ;)
Filco MJ1 TKL MX Brown

Offline Gawkbasher

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #301 on: Thu, 26 January 2012, 00:49:46 »
I used to use X-Trac Ripper XXL pads (two of them next to each other, vertically) with my Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 but when I switched to the Logitech G9x, I switched to the Razer Scarab (also oriented vertically).
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 January 2012, 00:52:04 by Gawkbasher »
Topre Realforce 87U 45g / Logitech G9x / Razer Scarab
KBC Poker X (Blue)
/ KBC Poker X (Red)

Offline Glukos

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #302 on: Thu, 26 January 2012, 04:00:39 »
Hello, guys!

I can't decide which mousepad will fit me... Can you help me with your experience?
I'm interested in:
-Razer Goliathus Speed Extended
-XTRAC Ripper XXL
-Ozone Ground Level EVO
-Ratscar Deskpad eSporter XXL
-C4-NGen04 GIANT
-Corepad DeskPad XXXXL

You have some...
Would be great to know your favourite mousepad and also about the keyboard sliding (Filco, CM Storm preferably).

My pads are Razer Golithus Speed Alpha and Steelseries Qck. You can use it as reference.
Mouse: Razer Deathadder (optical).

Thanks!

Offline astr0s

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #303 on: Thu, 26 January 2012, 04:38:10 »
About the Ratscar.
As Filcos have even rubber pads it slides around more than the Race that has textured ones. I've not seen this to be a problem in my use. Also, if you're coming from Qck, and like it, you should be quite at home with the Ratscar (I had Qcks before). The quality is nearly as good as with Qcks, the edges are however a bit sharp at the beginning. All I can do anywho, is recommend this as I like it a lot :)
Filco Mj | Filco Mj2 DSA Retro | Filco Mj2 TKL CCnG | Leopold 210TP CCnG

Offline Glukos

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #304 on: Thu, 26 January 2012, 06:04:44 »
I prefer Goliathus Speed over the Qck - the surface is much better.

My thoughts:

-Razer Goliathus Speed Extended
Lovely one, but smallsized in comparison with others contenders.

-XTRAC Ripper XXL
Gets dirty and smells?

-Ozone Ground Level EVO
???

-Ratscar Deskpad eSporter XXL
???

-C4-NGen04 GIANT
I'd like to try C4-NGen. But it should be as uncomfortable for wrist as it's great for gaming.

-Corepad DeskPad XXXXL
HUGE version of Xtrac.

Sooo... I'd like to try xtrac (middle way) and the c4-ngen (perfomance).

Offline Reptile

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #305 on: Thu, 26 January 2012, 17:47:05 »
I got the ground level XT. Kind of on accident because I wanted the Evo and the site I ordered it from had it listed before but must have went out of stock.

Anyways. Extra thick is a good name because it really is insanely thick. Very smooth surface and great looks as well. I will post some pics tonight when I get home.
Home:Realforce 87UB 55g
Work:Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears

Offline mrBIN

hi hi
« Reply #306 on: Thu, 26 January 2012, 18:21:21 »
hi there, very interesting things :)

Offline Zamorph

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #307 on: Sat, 28 January 2012, 11:15:23 »
Quote from: TheProfosist;496827
Just got my C4 NGen Mousepads. I got a great deal on Blemished ones. I love the mosepads definitely one of the slickest and nicest surfaces that I have ever used. Im now thinking of getting some steel or aluminum and having them cover that.

Just picked one of these up thanks profosist!!!

Offline Glukos

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #308 on: Sat, 28 January 2012, 11:19:23 »
Quote from: Zamorph;501543
Just picked one of these up thanks profosist!!!
Impressions?

Offline Zamorph

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #309 on: Sat, 28 January 2012, 15:44:30 »
Quote from: Glukos;501545
Impressions?

I just ordered it today, Ill let ya know when it reaches me :).  From the pic, its got some nice thickness to it, I like that.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #310 on: Sat, 28 January 2012, 16:26:41 »
Quote from: Zamorph;501782
I just ordered it today, Ill let ya know when it reaches me :).  From the pic, its got some nice thickness to it, I like that.
I like the thickness not too thick but not too thin.

Offline Reptile

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #311 on: Sat, 28 January 2012, 18:52:42 »
Here is some pics of Ozone's ground level XT

I would say Extra thick is a good name...

Offline GeorgeStorm

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #312 on: Sat, 28 January 2012, 19:02:41 »
Got a Boogie Bug XL today, love the size of it, far prefer having both keyboard and mouse on the pad :)
Poker with blacks
My flickr

Offline Reptile

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #313 on: Sat, 28 January 2012, 19:21:28 »
Quote from: GeorgeStorm;501924
Got a Boogie Bug XL today, love the size of it, far prefer having both keyboard and mouse on the pad :)

Yeah that's why I ordered the evo as well :-)

Offline Changdrew

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #314 on: Mon, 06 February 2012, 21:25:52 »
Hey, I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but what is the best mousepad, in your opinion, that covers the mouse AND the keyboard?
CM Quickfire Rapid | Filco Majestouch 2 | Filco Linear R | Poker

Offline posthaste

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #317 on: Mon, 06 February 2012, 21:46:05 »
Quote from: Changdrew;507767
Hey, I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but what is the best mousepad, in your opinion, that covers the mouse AND the keyboard?

http://www.cshyde.com/c4web/C4Ngen04.htm

Is 36" x 20" large enough for you?

Offline Changdrew

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #318 on: Mon, 06 February 2012, 21:48:24 »
Quote from: posthaste;507787

Don't think that fits a keyboard lol
CM Quickfire Rapid | Filco Majestouch 2 | Filco Linear R | Poker

Offline keyboardnoob

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #319 on: Mon, 06 February 2012, 21:52:07 »
Quote from: posthaste;507787

I could probably put my monitor on that haha.
Filco MJ1 TKL MX Brown

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #320 on: Tue, 07 February 2012, 16:27:08 »
Quote from: Changdrew;507792
Don't think that fits a keyboard lol
That would easily fit and fi you dont like the sizes they have they can make one to the exact size that you want if you email them.

Offline posthaste

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #321 on: Tue, 07 February 2012, 16:48:45 »
Quote from: TheProfosist;508574
That would easily fit and fi you dont like the sizes they have they can make one to the exact size that you want if you email them.

Right.  And, the C4 NGen04 is thin enough that you can cut it with a sharp pair of scissors and shape it yourself.  I've done it many times.

Offline Reptile

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #322 on: Tue, 07 February 2012, 17:22:38 »

EVO came in. Sorry phone pic

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #323 on: Wed, 08 February 2012, 12:16:17 »
i used to use the Razer Goliathus Control, but since i've started to get slight carpal tunnel in my hands, i've looked for wrist rest mousepads.
settled 4 months ago on the Razer Vespula, it really is just a fancy gel wrist rest mousepad with a hard surface.
Overpriced at its MSRP imo, but it is really comfortable and tracks great for me.
I myself paid $18.00 for it, but quick look shows MSRP of $30.
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 39767[/ATTACH]

Offline Ovoxo

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #324 on: Thu, 09 February 2012, 04:02:23 »
Quote from: Changdrew;507785
Thanks, but is there anything united states side?

Could always get this one.
http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Goliathus-Extended-Mouse-Pad-Control/dp/B004JMZXMK/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1328781563&sr=1-7

Offline Nunez

• BACK!
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #325 on: Mon, 13 February 2012, 07:14:11 »
Razer Kabuto, best mouse pad I've had... not stupidly oversized like the "GAMING" mousepads they sell. Uses nice material and well its just plain and simple.

Pic stolen from google, but pretty much my setup.
http://www.negitaku.org/images/2009/11/091102-razer_kabuto.jpg
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 February 2012, 07:17:13 by Nunez »
I miss Ripster :(
HHKB Pro 2 || KBC Poker || Filco MJ2

Offline FKSSR

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #326 on: Mon, 13 February 2012, 10:10:15 »
The idea of having a super wide mouse pad that covers almost my entire work area is pretty cool, but it's also more to keep clean, and I don't use super low sensitivity.  So, it probably wouldn't be worth it for me.  I can't really even see myself using a XXL mouse pad like QCK Mass.
Add me on Steam | Twitter

Offline FKSSR

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #327 on: Mon, 13 February 2012, 10:14:47 »
Quote from: Ovoxo;509993
Could always get this one.
http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Goliathus-Extended-Mouse-Pad-Control/dp/B004JMZXMK/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1328781563&sr=1-7

The idea of having a super wide mouse pad that covers almost my entire work area is pretty cool, but it's also more to keep clean, and I don't use super low sensitivity.  So, it probably wouldn't be worth it for me.  I can't really even see myself using a XXL mouse pad like QCK Mass.  If I did get a super wide pad, I'd probably get the Razer Goliathus Speed Edition rather than the Control.

Quote from: Nunez;513186
Razer Kabuto, best mouse pad I've had... not stupidly oversized like the "GAMING" mousepads they sell. Uses nice material and well its just plain and simple.

Pic stolen from google, but pretty much my setup.
http://www.negitaku.org/images/2009/11/091102-razer_kabuto.jpg

I have a small Kabuto that I use for my laptop.  I love it for that.  It protects the screen from the keys, when closed, and it is small and smooth for mobile gaming.

Offline Brodie337

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #328 on: Tue, 14 February 2012, 23:15:12 »
Quote from: FKSSR;513245
The idea of having a super wide mouse pad that covers almost my entire work area is pretty cool, but it's also more to keep clean, and I don't use super low sensitivity.

I use a fairly high sensitivity (about 1000DPI), I still like having a wide mouse pad to play on. I use the Goliathus extended (I think the speed version), and it fits the mouse, the keyboard and my N52. Love it.

Offline FKSSR

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #329 on: Wed, 15 February 2012, 09:05:39 »
Quote from: Brodie337;514850
I use a fairly high sensitivity (about 1000DPI), I still like having a wide mouse pad to play on. I use the Goliathus extended (I think the speed version), and it fits the mouse, the keyboard and my N52. Love it.

Sheesh.  With that high DPI, you probably never have to lift your wrist. :P  With my new Deathadder, I've noticed I have to move the mouse much more than with my G9, even with the DPI maxed out due to the low sensitivity I have set.  I can't say I hate it, though.  It will probably make me more accurate once I get used to the extra work my arm has to do. :P

Offline noGG

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #330 on: Thu, 16 February 2012, 07:31:09 »
Gotta put in some love for the Puretrak Talent. It's my current mousepad of choice. I play with a Zowie AM at 450 dpi 6/11 windows sensitivity so needless to say, I require a large mousepad. I also prefer a super smooth glide with a bare minimum amount of friction to keep the mouse from sliding everywhere. The Puretrak Talent fits in perfectly for me. It's super thick too so it's durable, keeps an even surface on my desk, and is easy to clean. Some might think it's too big or the glide is too smooth, but I find that for Starcraft 2 it's smooth enough to make boxing units super smooth (at least on my sensitivity) and for Tribes: Ascend it makes Spinfusor flick shots feel right. Only downside is price honestly and the fact that it's not a pure black surface, which messes with certain mice.

Offline silent-circuit

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #331 on: Thu, 16 February 2012, 09:32:46 »
I've seen a lot of positive comments about the Puretrack Talent here and on [H]ardForum lately. Looks a lot like a Steelseries QcK Mass, but the "machine washable" comment on their site draws my attention. After a few years of use with only the occasional half hearted wipe-down my old Razer Goliathus is pretty nasty, and fraying at the edges besides. I keep it in my laptop back "just in case" but it rarely gets use anymore.

Recently I've been switching between a Steelseries QcK Mass and a ARTISAN HIEN Hard L Samurai. I also own the aforementioned Razer Goliathus and a RatPadz XT. The Goliathus is worn out and was never anything special, the RatPadz hurts my wrist and rarely gets much use -- I've found I generally don't care for hard pads.

I use a Razer Lachesis (original version) and Razer Mamba (original version) -- both laser mice, which can have problems with some surfaces. I don't have any issues with inconsistent tracking or jumping with any of the above pads.

The QcK Mass and HIEN Hard L are very different pads -- the QcK Mass is very thick and squishy, with fairly good glide. It's a little smaller than the Hien Hard L, but both are downright gigantic compared with the Goliathus, so I still feel like I'll never run out of space. I may adjust to this but I doubt it'll ever be a case of not having enough space -- we're talking 12"x12" or larger here. The QcK Mass is really just an extra thick high quality cloth pad; I feel it's a little overpriced, but for the $18 shipped I got it from Amazon not completely unreasonable.

The HIEN Hard L is not your typical pad. It is a 'soft' pad, not hard plastic, metal, or glass, but it has a stiff foam layer that makes the surface feel much more like a hard pad while maintaining some give. The surface is not flat but textured. Once the mouse is moving a bit the glide is similar to "control" surfaces from companies like Razer, but stops are much more sudden and precise than most pads. This takes some getting used to but proves very useful once you adjust. I was concerned this might lead to premature wear of the mouse feet, but after reading a few reviews and opinions of other owners it doesn't seem this will be an issue. I got my HIEN Hard L for $28 shipped, 30% off of normal price, from Amazon. I would have preferred black to navy blue, but that was the only color on sale in the Hard finish and L size. Black commands a considerable premium over other colors for these pads it seems.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #332 on: Thu, 16 February 2012, 12:10:49 »
I am still loving my Artisan. I have the Shiden-Kai mid and most of your comments apply well to that also. I've had mine for several months now, in white and it still looks like brand new. The glass coating is really resistant to wear and seems to really help stop edge fray. There are a few tiny wispies on the bottom edge where my arm drags. Typical cloth mats would be all frayed from use by now. I agree the glass coating is not as abrasive as some other surfaces. I have some pretty delicate ptfe skates and they are still looking pretty good, only a little bit of light crosshatching to them.
I still feel it is the best mat I've had with the perfect balance of speed and control.

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #333 on: Fri, 17 February 2012, 19:31:38 »
Ive read that one of the major cons of the Goliathus XT is that it is not comfortable, and that it feels prickly when resting on it as compared to cloth mousepads, any insight? I really want to get one of those goliathus XT mainly because of the color scheme and design but I am not sure I can deal with that itchy sweater feeling all day.
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline CaiSter21

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #334 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 02:52:31 »
i have the goliathus extended control edition and it feels fine to me.
no prickly feeling that your talking about
Ducky Shine DK 9008S Red LED |Rosewill RK-9000BR

Offline FKSSR

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #335 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 18:35:00 »
Well, the Goliathus Control is rough, so I think that's what they would mean by "prickly."  It's definitely not smooth cloth.  However, if you like the roughness (i.e. "control"), then it probably wouldn't bother you.  Personally, I don't think the roughness helps me (hence why I'm selling a Standard size Control mouse pad right now...)

Offline pyro_dragun

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #336 on: Sun, 19 February 2012, 11:13:02 »
I use a QCK+ cause it's big and cloth. Works well with my logitech g1 mouse.

Can't go wrong with that :)

Offline regca

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #337 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 23:40:20 »
i have the steelseries qck+
it's big enough for a low sensitivity fps game and small enough for a high sensitivity rts game. It's not too large that it's overbearing and unnecessary.

non cloth mousepads scare me because I am afraid of denting/scraching/cracking them. i also want one that i don't have to constantly baby and polish and take care of. all of my attention gets to go towards my keyboards :3

Offline aynjell

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #338 on: Thu, 23 February 2012, 14:40:34 »
The goliathus XXL pad is actually shorter than the standard large version. For me this turned out to be a deal breaker at home, but at work it's fine.

That said, the speed version is a very smooth mousing surface that is the closest a cloth pad has ever gotten to hard for me.
Das Keyboard Professional -mx blue- @ Work
Das Keyboard S Ultimate Silent -mx brown- @ Home

Do not fart in the same room as a dark brother or sister, to do so is to invoke the wrath of Sithis...

Offline Shogunner

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #339 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 05:14:40 »
I used 3200 lol, 1200 is my 2nd slowest setting for my G9x.

Also I use a SteelSeries QcK, just because it's fairly large, and it doesn't look too gimmicky.

Offline telepete

• Jedi Knight and friend of Captain Solo.
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #340 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 17:01:56 »
I like a fairly thin surface for my mouse and I don't have a big space because my mouse and keyboard are on my desks keyboard tray together. I purchased a Mionix Alioth 320 from newegg and I love it. I'm sure it won't last because it was very cheap but I may buy a second and throw it in my closet for later.
Don't you wish Carnifex was at your side?

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #341 on: Mon, 27 February 2012, 11:21:55 »
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 December 2018, 13:39:58 by davkol »

Offline liquidsteel30

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #342 on: Mon, 27 February 2012, 11:27:45 »
I just picked up a Steelseries 9HD because my mouse doesn't track on the surface (I haven't used a pad in a long while), and while I'm not a big fan of the design/shapes on it, the surface itself is wonderful.

I probably could have gotten away with the 4HD since I use 2000dpi, but I tend to move around wildly so I wanted to make sure I had enough room. I would highly recommend it.

Before ditching pads entirely, I had a func 1030 and a ["smooth"] Razer Goliathus -- the thickness of both bothered me. The 9HD is seriously thin and yet the bottom is grippy enough that it doesn't move around at all.

Offline Creizai

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #343 on: Mon, 27 February 2012, 17:49:06 »
PureTrak Talent Cut in half its my favorite mouse pad ever.  I wish I could buy it in multiple sizes or a huge extended one.  The thickness of the cloth pad is one of the best parts about it.  I had a Razer Goliathus control which I bought because its marketed as a low sensitivity user.  While it is decent it was very thin and also the texture isn't the best.  I'm going to say Smooth as hell is a lot better for low sensitivity users such as myself.  Though I'm really not all that slow anymore thanks to Starcraft II.  I use to only use 800dpi max, and 400dpi for FPS.  Now I'm using 1700 DPI on my G9x, and for FPS I just change my in game sensitivity to match my old ratio of 400dpi x 2.1 sensitivity.

My mousepad background
STEELSERIES EXPERIENCE I-2 1/5 (Horribly fast, Use to be called Icemat for a reason because ****s like ICE.  This is personal preference you either absolutely hate it or think its 6/5 amazing)
Rzr Control 2.5/5 (Thin and bad texture for all users)
Rzr Speed 3/5 (too thin wrinkles easy if that makes any sense)
SteelSeries Qct 2/5 (Thinner than Control Thick one would prolly be really good)
Rzr eXact Mat 4/5 (First "gaming" pad and only hard pad I ever bought.  Speed and control side, I preferred control for some odd reason. Gave to a friend just used it a few days ago it was still great)
PureTrak Talent 5/5 (Only issue is you can only buy QuakeLive All Day Errr Day Player size)

Offline GeorgeStorm

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #344 on: Wed, 29 February 2012, 08:05:51 »
Finally took a quick picture of my mousemat :)
(boogiebug)

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 42166[/ATTACH]
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 February 2012, 08:17:08 by GeorgeStorm »
Poker with blacks
My flickr

Offline Fantus_Longhorn

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #345 on: Wed, 29 February 2012, 12:21:02 »
Quote from: GeorgeStorm;530672
Finally took a quick picture of my mousemat :)
(boogiebug)

Got one of these today and loving it so far. Quality is really good and very smooth.
Gives me a reason to keep my desk tidy as well to keep things off the mat!

Offline AeneaS

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #346 on: Thu, 01 March 2012, 20:23:33 »
I am using a Razer Goliathus Cloth mat.
I really like it and will never go to anything else but Cloth mats! Why? because it is perfectly smooth, the texture doesn't fade with heavy use like with hard plastic mats etc.
Also tracking is the best I've had so far for any surface...

I had a few hardplastic mats before like from Razer, speedlink and while the tracking on them is great, the feeling is more scratchy than smooth and the surface suffers greatly with time so you will either have to get a new one or live with a suboptimal pad.
Also they "destroy" the mouseskates very easily. They get used up and very scratchy with time.

This is my first cloth mat and I will never look back again. For reference: http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169417000 small version.

Offline Mazora

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #347 on: Fri, 02 March 2012, 14:27:24 »
Quote from: AeneaS;532676
I am using a Razer Goliathus Cloth mat.
I really like it and will never go to anything else but Cloth mats! Why? because it is perfectly smooth, the texture doesn't fade with heavy use like with hard plastic mats etc.
Also tracking is the best I've had so far for any surface...

I had a few hardplastic mats before like from Razer, speedlink and while the tracking on them is great, the feeling is more scratchy than smooth and the surface suffers greatly with time so you will either have to get a new one or live with a suboptimal pad.
Also they "destroy" the mouseskates very easily. They get used up and very scratchy with time.

This is my first cloth mat and I will never look back again. For reference: http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169417000 small version.

Texture will fade with heavy use, just like plastic mat imo. I even feel that cloth pad will wear out faster than plastic mousepad.

With laser of Sensei/Xai, I feel the tracking is better with 9HD compared to say Puretrack  mousepad.

I still prefer cloth mousepad....for the feeling :)
HHKB Pro 2: black case white keys
Filco Masjestouch v2 / MX-Reds / hard lending pads /Dye-sub keycaps
RF-87UW

Offline Solanin

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #348 on: Sat, 03 March 2012, 10:44:52 »
Anyone feel like trying out Artisan's mousepad ?

Offline sawedust

• Zealot Chef
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #349 on: Sat, 03 March 2012, 16:06:12 »
Quote from: Solanin;533936
Anyone feel like trying out Artisan's mousepad ?

Picked up an Artisan Hien during the fire sale on Amazon.

It's the best cloth mousepad I've ever used thus far.  Many more times better than the QcK that I had used for about a year.  The texture and build quality on the Hien feels superb.  Hard to describe in words; it needs to be felt.  Somewhat of a rough, textured feel yet smooth when gliding over it.  The pad doesn't move at all during intense gaming sessions.  Whatever surface they use on the bottom really sticks well to the desk.

The price range and size of the mouse pad might turn others off, but I think it was well worth my investment.
find me on twitter: @sawedust
starcraft 2 related blog: QuanticSawe.851
QuanticGaming.com