geekhack Community > Reviews

Outemu Orange switch review

(1/1)

Reimu_64:
The Outemu Orange is a light tactile switch which doesn’t do a whole lot to distinguish itself from rivals. It’s not a bad switch though, just very ‘meh’. Yes, this was copied and pasted from the Outemu Purple’s description section.

Sup:
Sorry for reviving a dead threat but, These switches are very underrated. They have pinging on aluminium plates that can probably be fixed with spring lubing. Also another point that is good to know is that the stem is not interchangeable with other MX switches other then Outemu i presume.

I build mine on 5MM acrylic plate and they feel amazing to type on stock. With a thick acrylic plate i have 0 pinging. I can for sure tell you that they are way more tactile then Cherry/Gateron browns. They are nicely tactile without being overly tactile like a holy panda or other THOCK meme switches.

As for the weight it's a bit heavier than a Red switch or they are the same weight and the bump makes it feel heavier than it actually is.

Smoothness is close to Gateron Pro switches from what i have been feeling.

I love switches that are not overly tactile but, enough to know you have actuated the switch. For the price i can't really complain i got 70 pieces for 14 bucks shipped.

HungerMechanic:

--- Quote from: Sup on Fri, 02 December 2022, 21:42:47 ---I can for sure tell you that they are way more tactile then Cherry/Gateron browns. They are nicely tactile without being overly tactile like a holy panda or other THOCK meme switches.

I love switches that are not overly tactile but, enough to know you have actuated the switch. For the price i can't really complain i got 70 pieces for 14 bucks shipped.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for your report. I saw these switches advertised somewhere the other day - forget where. Could you tell me where you bought the switches at that price?

Sup:

--- Quote from: HungerMechanic on Sat, 03 December 2022, 03:33:21 ---
--- Quote from: Sup on Fri, 02 December 2022, 21:42:47 ---I can for sure tell you that they are way more tactile then Cherry/Gateron browns. They are nicely tactile without being overly tactile like a holy panda or other THOCK meme switches.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for your report. I saw these switches advertised somewhere the other day - forget where. Could you tell me where you bought the switches at that price?

--- End quote ---

It was a black Friday sale on Aliexpress. I don't think you can get them for that price anymore.

HungerMechanic:

--- Quote from: Sup on Sat, 03 December 2022, 07:16:28 ---
It was a black Friday sale on Aliexpress. I don't think you can get them for that price anymore.

--- End quote ---

Thanks to your comments, I was able to find some samples at that price. I have ordered them, and we'll see how it goes.

If you can get away with just lubing the springs, it might be alright.

Just because it's a low-priced light-tactile, doesn't mean it has to be bad. I suspect it might be okay with 57-58.5 G springs, but we'll see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version