Author Topic: [IC] GMK Delta  (Read 41947 times)

Offline macclack

• Macclack
Re: [IC] GMK Delta
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 13:41:39 »
love

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 02 July 2019, 01:29:34 »
Any news?

Offline upas

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 23:38:14 »
Hey everyone,

There was an update posted on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/colkxl/ic_gmk_delta_update_1/

Offline tobiasvl

• ISO 9995
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 08:20:09 »
ISO in the base kit! I'm in

Offline nyry43

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 08:34:07 »
I like it, any chance of separating the numpad into a separate kit? Also saw you have 에밀 stamped onto your base kit image... hangul sub legends have been getting popular recently, maybe another kit for that as well :P

I second separating the numberpad.

Otherwise, the kit looks pretty fantastic, would totally be in for one if it runs.

I too would like to see the numpad separated. I really like the colors.

Offline SolidCactus

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 08:54:23 »
I would love to see the numpad separated as well!

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 08:55:34 »
Registering a vote against splitting numpad thanks

Offline Kawamashi

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 11:25:23 »
I strongly agree with you !

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 11:49:30 »
According to Reddit, there will be two kits, spacebar and base. I'd love to see a render, or KLE, of what's in each kit. Does spacebar include split bars or just accents and 6u bars? Thanks

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 17:22:41 »
While you're revising the number and groups of keys to include or exclude, please consider ISO support, whether it's US ISO (four keys), UK ISO (eight keys) or UK+US ISO (nine keys) (*), but please don't fall into the mistake of having partial but incomplete support for either, creating an Atlantis ISO support.

HTH!

(*) Those figures consider one ISO Enter; augment those to five, nine and ten if including an accent-colored ISO Enter.

Offline Quindustries

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 18:12:10 »
It's a pretty damn cool set, ngl. You got my interest.

Offline lamenthe

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 18:36:14 »
Love the color-way, not as into the enter key (?) novelty image. At the moment it kinda looks like a sword, but is it supposed to be a plane? Either way, it could use a little improvement. Just my 2cents.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 00:49:22 »
Love the color-way, not as into the enter key (?) novelty image. At the moment it kinda looks like a sword, but is it supposed to be a plane? Either way, it could use a little improvement. Just my 2cents.

Only the delta novelty key will make it according to the Reddit post. The sword enter has been scrapped.

Offline guzzi

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 02:17:04 »
What kind of mods will this have in the end? I think at this point I´ve seen renders with each option at least once.

Offline upas

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 08:42:06 »
Hey guys,

Got some kit updates. These aren't necessarily final, but are a huge improvement. Looking for feedback.

Base Kit

Spacebar Kit

Offline TastyChance

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 10:28:24 »
Hey guys,

Got some kit updates. These aren't necessarily final, but are a huge improvement. Looking for feedback.

Show Image

Base Kit

Show Image

Spacebar Kit
I'd rather see numpad get split off into its own kit and Spacebars be included but that's just my .02. No doubt you'll sell more extras kits if you keep Spacebars seperated.

Offline depletedvespene

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 10:57:08 »

I hate being that guy, but... (Who are we kidding here? I love being that guy.)

You have a minor error in the base kit regarding ISO support: you have an 1.25U Shift key (good), accent-colored ISO Enter key (fine, but do see below), R4 \| key (good) and R3 #~ (OOPS!). This is an all-too-common mistake in too many sets, an error I'd like to see disappear for good. Why?

When it comes to a national language, base kits start out with support for US ANSI. To add ISO support, the immediate choices are US ISO or UK ISO.
- US ISO support requires adding 4 keys: ISO Enter, R4 1.25U left Shift, R3 \| and R4 \|.
- UK ISO support requires adding 8 keys: ISO Enter, R4 1.25U left Shift, R1 , R1 2", R1 , R3 '@, R3 #~ and R4 \|.

As it stands now, your set fully supports neither US ISO nor UK ISO, and therefore falls "in the middle of the pond" (something that has been called "Atlantis ISO").

The solution is pretty simple: replace the R3 #~ key with an R3 \| key — this will complete the US ISO support and keep unaltered the number of keys in the kit.

As per the ISO Enter key: ideally, all versions of a key that will be accented should have a mod-colored keycap and an accent-colored keycap present. In the base kit, you have a mod-colored and an accent-colored ANSI Enter key, and the same goes for the numpad Enter, Esc, Delta symbol and arrow keys... but there is only one ISO Enter, accent-colored.

This is entirely up to you as designer, of course, but I'd prefer to see the ISO Enter getting its two versions as well (and if it should be only one and not both, the mod-colored keycap should take precedence). IMNAAHO, YMMV, WDIKAA.

HTH!

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 11:02:38 »

I hate being that guy, but... (Who are we kidding here? I love being that guy.)

You have a minor error in the base kit regarding ISO support: you have an 1.25U Shift key (good), accent-colored ISO Enter key (fine, but do see below), R4 \| key (good) and R3 #~ (OOPS!). This is an all-too-common mistake in too many sets, an error I'd like to see disappear for good. Why?

When it comes to a national language, base kits start out with support for US ANSI. To add ISO support, the immediate choices are US ISO or UK ISO.
- US ISO support requires adding 4 keys: ISO Enter, R4 1.25U left Shift, R3 \| and R4 \|.
- UK ISO support requires adding 8 keys: ISO Enter, R4 1.25U left Shift, R1 , R1 2", R1 , R3 '@, R3 #~ and R4 \|.

As it stands now, your set fully supports neither US ISO nor UK ISO, and therefore falls "in the middle of the pond" (something that has been called "Atlantis ISO").

The solution is pretty simple: replace the R3 #~ key with an R3 \| key — this will complete the US ISO support and keep unaltered the number of keys in the kit.

As per the ISO Enter key: ideally, all versions of a key that will be accented should have a mod-colored keycap and an accent-colored keycap present. In the base kit, you have a mod-colored and an accent-colored ANSI Enter key, and the same goes for the numpad Enter, Esc, Delta symbol and arrow keys... but there is only one ISO Enter, accent-colored.

This is entirely up to you as designer, of course, but I'd prefer to see the ISO Enter getting its two versions as well (and if it should be only one and not both, the mod-colored keycap should take precedence). IMNAAHO, YMMV, WDIKAA.

HTH!
nice copypasta

also, putting in a vote for accent ISO here - mod coloured would be nice too but i gotta have me that teal
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 August 2019, 11:42:14 by eskimojo14 »

Offline tobiasvl

• ISO 9995
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 11:44:36 »
Are you really going to use Pantone for the black and white, or standard GMK colors?

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 11:49:41 »
Are you really going to use Pantone for the black and white, or standard GMK colors?
Emil has said that the white is going to be changed to WS2.

Also on the note of Pantones - any chance of switching to RAL? GMK have stressed that they have a way easier time matching to it.

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #70 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 12:24:09 »
Happy to see the kits broke apart, the original kit was very big.

I would vote for split off numpad. I also think 3/4 PgUp and PgDn is pretty important with how popular 65s are these days.

I do appreciate R1 Delete though, you don't see that enough imo.
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 August 2019, 12:25:54 by AlcoholEnthusiast »

Offline Ashento

• 62G MX Zilents in a KBD66
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 13:05:20 »

Also on the note of Pantones - any chance of switching to RAL? GMK have stressed that they have a way easier time matching to it.

Yes, actually! We are switching to RAL for the Black color selected, but are still going to try and match VBV (Signature Plastics), or #5DCEBA as much as we can.
So it's RAL Black, WS2 White, and VBV Teal/Turquoise. The exact RAL code is in here: https://imgur.com/KXXczwf

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 13:09:54 »

Yes, actually! We are switching to RAL for the Black color selected, but are still going to try and match VBV (Signature Plastics), or #5DCEBA as much as we can.
So it's RAL Black, WS2 White, and VBV Teal/Turquoise. The exact RAL code is in here: https://imgur.com/KXXczwf
Sounds perfect - GMK's specific complaint was that Pantones weren't designed for plastic, so I'm sure you'll be fine matching an actual SP plastic  :D

Offline depletedvespene

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 14:07:09 »
nice copypasta

What can I say? Same problem, same solution.  :thumb:

also, putting in a vote for accent ISO here - mod coloured would be nice too but i gotta have me that teal

This is, of course, strictly subjective — as long as one ISO Enter key is present, it's fine... and then it'll be up to each customer to determine if they like it best or not (in my particular case, the lack of a mod-colored ISO Enter key in GMK Olive was what "broke" it for me: the olive color was, in my strictly subjective opinion, good for the legends but not for the keycaps, and since that set only had the accent-colored Enter key...).

Offline nyry43

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 08:41:09 »
I like it, any chance of separating the numpad into a separate kit? Also saw you have 에밀 stamped onto your base kit image... hangul sub legends have been getting popular recently, maybe another kit for that as well :P

Otherwise, the kit looks pretty fantastic, would totally be in for one if it runs.

I've come across some new information that pointed out that removing the numpad doesn't really lower the price all that much. I'd like to change my mind and say I'm indifferent on the inclusion of the numpad. Just because I won't use it doesn't mean other people who are interested in the set won't and its unfair that they have to pay even more over it.

Offline GraffitiDecos

« Reply #75 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 07:26:00 »
I like it, any chance of separating the numpad into a separate kit? Also saw you have 에밀 stamped onto your base kit image... hangul sub legends have been getting popular recently, maybe another kit for that as well

I've come across some new information that pointed out that removing the numpad doesn't really lower the price all that much. I'd like to change my mind and say I'm indifferent on the inclusion of the numpad. Just because I won't use it doesn't mean other people who are interested in the set won't and its unfair that they have to pay even more over it.
As a daily Numpad user, I thank you!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline upas

« Reply #76 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 12:31:48 »
Hey guys, some quick kit updates/explanations:
- We're going to keep just the accent ISO in the base kit. This will allow ISO users to still use the kit, and also help cover the price of having the 2 delta novelties in the base kit.
- After discussions, we're going to stick with "Atlantis" ISO support
- We are going to change the legends on "Scroll Lock" and "Num Lock" to "Scroll" and "Num" respectively, to maintain visual consistency
- You might have noticed we added a 2nd tab key. The 2nd tab key is great. With it's addition, you can build out a standard ANSI TKL, and still have enough modifier keys for a HHKB 60% board, or even a split backspace 65% board. Because these mods pair very well with BoW alphas, we hope this allows folks to mix and match with other sets they have to extract maximum value from this set.

We will have more renders coming soon!

Offline Ashento

« Reply #77 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 00:15:10 »
Hey guys! We just got some updates, with new kits and renders! It's all in the first post.

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
    • Donate to Room To Read!
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 00:58:29 »
Nice, I like everything about the new kits, right down to the choice of mods. Definitely gonna be picking up a set come Nov!

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline tunadesu

« Reply #80 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 13:50:28 »
Soooo...whatsup with that Brutal65??  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #81 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 14:43:55 »
No ortho.....

Offline upas

« Reply #82 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 22:11:02 »
No ortho.....

I may have an idea to help ortho out, not sure if it'll fly, we'll see :)

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #83 on: Tue, 20 August 2019, 07:52:42 »
No ortho.....

I vow to purchase if it happens. Just need like a 1u shift, Tab, backspace, and I’m happy. I’ll buy two so my gf has one as well

Offline despairsray

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 20 August 2019, 14:39:27 »
I am sad to see that the mod colors changed. Possibly an unpopular opinion but I really liked the crisp contrast between the black and white. Now it does feel like the black is washed, kind of like a black shirt that was washed too many times in hot water. Contrasting that with the teal, can't help but to feel that it looks cheaper and tacky. However, I am still in support for the set and I am in.

Offline tunadesu

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 16:44:56 »
I am sad to see that the mod colors changed. Possibly an unpopular opinion but I really liked the crisp contrast between the black and white. Now it does feel like the black is washed, kind of like a black shirt that was washed too many times in hot water. Contrasting that with the teal, can't help but to feel that it looks cheaper and tacky. However, I am still in support for the set and I am in.

Completely agree. Old renders on the CA66 looked awesome, way better imo and why I was into the set. I was 100% before, but now unsure. Maybe some slight tweaking can still happen

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 00:42:08 »
No ortho.....

I vow to purchase if it happens. Just need like a 1u shift, Tab, backspace, and I’m happy. I’ll buy two so my gf has one as well

The good thing about ortho, spacebars excluded, is that you really only need a base kit and 4 other 1u mods.

R2: Out
R3: Data or Read
R4: Shift and Enter

These molds already exist so you there wouldn't be an additional cost to add them. Also, not including Esc and Tab means that you don't have to add an extra Esc and Tab since there is not consensus if these should be used on R2 or R3.

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #87 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 00:56:16 »
No ortho.....

The good thing about ortho, spacebars excluded, is that you really only need a base kit and 4 other 1u mods.

R2: Out
R3: Data or Read
R4: Shift and Enter

These molds already exist so you there wouldn't be an additional cost to add them. Also, not including Esc and Tab means that you don't have to add an extra Esc and Tab since there is not consensus if these should be used on R2 or R3.

I’ve seen you suggest this before. Can you send me a pic of how you layout your setup with these keys and what they function as?  I’m interested.

Offline SUB01

« Reply #88 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 10:43:18 »
Any news on price details?

Offline Ashento

« Reply #89 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 19:47:24 »
Hey guys, Emil here.

A quick update on some developments, I decided to step down in terms of development for GMK Delta.
I decided to step down, because I feel Upas has a better grasp on GMK Keysets, and what you guys want.
I've been very busy as of late, so I feel the attention from Upas will be much more needed.
Besides that, it's still my design at heart, and I hope you guys enjoy it!

Upas from CannonKeys will be taking it from here. Thank you guys for the feedback!

Offline upas

« Reply #90 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 19:50:18 »
Hey guys, Emil here.

A quick update on some developments, I decided to step down in terms of development for GMK Delta.
I decided to step down, because I feel Upas has a better grasp on GMK Keysets, and what you guys want.
I've been very busy as of late, so I feel the attention from Upas will be much more needed.

Upas from CannonKeys will be taking it from here. Thank you guys for the feedback!

Emil came to me and told me he was quite busy, but I really like this set and I want it to succeed, so I'll be taking it from here.
I have a few changes I'd like to make - I hope they are well received! I'll be posting some updates in the next few days.

Much thanks for Emil for coming up with this and letting me run with his idea, even though he can't take a super active role.

Offline upas

« Reply #91 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 19:52:53 »
Any news on price details?

We're still in the process of refining kits, so no price yet!

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #92 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 04:37:23 »
Ortho?

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #93 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 05:51:22 »
Hey guys, Emil here.

Totally understandable - wishing you luck.

I'm sure the set is in good hands.

Offline upas

« Reply #94 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 21:36:18 »
Hey guys,

After considering some of the feedback, I think I am going to change the teal tinted grey back to CR - black.

This means the alphas will be CR on WS2, essentially BoW. But I think this will really make teal on the mods and accent pop.

Here are some updated renders:

Base Kit

Chimera65

Savage65

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 04:53:37 »
Hey guys,

After considering some of the feedback, I think I am going to change the teal tinted grey back to CR - black.

This means the alphas will be CR on WS2, essentially BoW. But I think this will really make teal on the mods and accent pop.

Show Image

Base Kit
I don't think I like it as much, though it does still look good.

That said, it means I can use my ISO UK keys from GMK Monochrome  :D

Offline SUB01

« Reply #96 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 06:37:55 »
I don't know man. I don't think it was an upgrade, nor was it a downgrade. Though I have a feeling that the finished real product will look cleaner this way.

Offline raphaelf

« Reply #97 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 06:39:37 »
Hey guys,

Show Image

Base Kit

Show Image

Show Image

Chimera65

Show Image

Show Image

Savage65
I pretty much prefer like this, darker. Makes the teal really pop out.

Offline despairsray

« Reply #98 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 19:39:21 »
 Yes I agree 100%. Please change the mods back to black, I think it is way better that way. This is great news!

Offline tunadesu

« Reply #99 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 20:34:26 »
Looking so much better!