Author Topic: Grifiti Colored Fat Wrist Pad, better than others?  (Read 4369 times)

Offline spartan7

Grifiti Colored Fat Wrist Pad, better than others?
« on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 16:40:41 »
Hey guys I'm really eyeing the massdrop for the Grifiti Colored Fat Wrist Pad 17 Inch and I wanted to get some feedback from some of the people that own them now.

Right now I am using one I got on amazon (Belkin) and its ok but it looks meh

Are they pretty good?
Being fat makes them more comfortable?
whats the difference between the black nylon and smooth versions?
are they easy to clean?
Does the logo rub off quickly?

any info would be awesome.

thanks.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Re: Grifiti Colored Fat Wrist Pad, better than others?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 06:18:56 »
They're wrist pads, thus not pretty good in the end, regardless of brand.
Being fat makes them taller. That's a good thing. A stack of two is potentially even better.
The "simpler" version has a tendency to twist more. OTOH, nylon peels off eventually.
Cleaning the nylon is the same as cleaning a cloth mousepad.
The logo is in a corner. I don't think I've ever touched it in use.

Offline Axollott

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 18:42:23 »
No wrist pad is the best thing you could do to your body.  ;)

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 22:07:15 »
I personally think palmrests are the wrong idea. You’d be better off bringing your keyboard closer to your body, and adjusting its height and tilt until it’s comfortable to type on while your wrists are straight and “floating” in the air.

Griffiti rests are pretty good for propping up the front or back of your keyboard, though, if you want to change the tilt beyond what the keyboard’s feet can manage and you don’t have a tilting desk/tray.

Offline spartan7

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 02:52:00 »
I personally think palmrests are the wrong idea. You’d be better off bringing your keyboard closer to your body, and adjusting its height and tilt until it’s comfortable to type on while your wrists are straight and “floating” in the air.

Griffiti rests are pretty good for propping up the front or back of your keyboard, though, if you want to change the tilt beyond what the keyboard’s feet can manage and you don’t have a tilting desk/tray.
I had bit thought of that.  I have been reading that the best for you're wrist is no wrist rest.  I'll have to give that a try and see how it goes.  I hear the grifiti wrist rest tend to peal very quickly also so I'm thinking about going without and seeing if that's the better way for me to go

Offline septamber

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 19:17:14 »
I actually just bought a Grifiti fat wrist wrest for both my keyboard and for my mouse at work recently. I have been using them for about two months and had to shelve them today as I'm getting some pain in my right wrist which I never had before.  :eek:

Offline spartan7

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 11:52:32 »
I actually just bought a Grifiti fat wrist wrest for both my keyboard and for my mouse at work recently. I have been using them for about two months and had to shelve them today as I'm getting some pain in my right wrist which I never had before.  :eek:

I noticed if I lower my desk a bit I am able to type much faster and not need a wristpad. will need to figure out what to do at work.

Offline omen7288

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 12:00:51 »

I've found that the wrist pad is coupled with your posture and height in relationship to your elbows. I had the fat graffiti palm rest and I did not like it because it was too deep (front to back) for me since I often have my elbows below keyboard level. When sitting like this, the wrist pad would dig into my wrist and NOT be ender my PALM which I think is what was leading to quite a bit of discomfort.

I ended up making some wrist/palm  rests out of wood that measures 3/4" x 2 1/2". I put some felt pads underneath as feet and I found that if you get the height to align with the edge of my keyboard they have been fairly comfortable even if my elbows are somewhat below keyboard level. I think the main reason this is comfortable is because that the edge of my palm is resting on it and NOT my wrist. I also use this when I'm at my standing desk which was measured for my elbow height.

This is at work, and somewhat cluttered:

Closeup of the side to show how the height matches the keyboard:

Planck MX Blue
Keycool PBT
RK-9000I MX Blues, Vortex PBTRK-9000 MX Blues

Offline omen7288

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 12:05:24 »

I noticed if I lower my desk a bit I am able to type much faster and not need a wristpad. will need to figure out what to do at work.

I've found over time elbow height is critical. I'm fairly short (5'5"), and the sitting desk that was provided at work is slightly too high to have my elbow height correct with my feet able to touch the floor flat. I ended up having some extra 4x4s and I put them under my desk so I could get my elbow height about right while being able to get my feet to touch the ground. I also have a standing desk at work and have it measured so the top of the desk matches my elbow so my forearms are parallel to the floor when typing.
Planck MX Blue
Keycool PBT
RK-9000I MX Blues, Vortex PBTRK-9000 MX Blues

Offline spartan7

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 13:42:17 »
thanks for the images omen7288. I will need to try the stand up desk. the wood wristpads look nice also, they remind me of the filcos.

Offline septamber

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 02:28:53 »

Same here. At home I have a keyboard tray which is much lower and easier to use. At work I have to have my keyboard on my desk which is a good 5 inches higher than I'm used to.

I've found that the wrist pad is coupled with your posture and height in relationship to your elbows. I had the fat graffiti palm rest and I did not like it because it was too deep (front to back) for me since I often have my elbows below keyboard level. When sitting like this, the wrist pad would dig into my wrist and NOT be ender my PALM which I think is what was leading to quite a bit of discomfort.

I ended up making some wrist/palm  rests out of wood that measures 3/4" x 2 1/2". I put some felt pads underneath as feet and I found that if you get the height to align with the edge of my keyboard they have been fairly comfortable even if my elbows are somewhat below keyboard level. I think the main reason this is comfortable is because that the edge of my palm is resting on it and NOT my wrist. I also use this when I'm at my standing desk which was measured for my elbow height.

This is at work, and somewhat cluttered:
Show Image

Closeup of the side to show how the height matches the keyboard:
Show Image

I also found that I was forced to rest my wrists on the Grifiti fat wrist wrests since they are so wide I have to push my keyboard farther back to keep the wrist wrest from hanging over the edge of my desk at work. I've been adjusting the height of my chair and arm wrests and am trying my best to keep my wrists from resting on my bare desk now. Seems to be working as the pain has since subsided. Appreciate the tips and I'll be definitely looking into a wood rest!