Author Topic: Post your watch!  (Read 416199 times)

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
Re: Post your watch!
« Reply #650 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 23:13:51 »
I think Rolex rrp on the batman as well as all SS gmt master ii's are around $10500aud but the dealers have marked it up by about 1k. You won't be able to find one brand new for less than 11.5k

The WG pepsi GMT is stunning! If i had a spare 40k i wouldn't hesitate on getting it. I wish they made it in SS though so it's more affordable for people like me. Affordable lol

That sucks but they know they can still find buyers, I heard the new ceramic Daytonas are also a pain to find.

Agreed, the WG is cool but totally unnecessary.  :))
For Pepsis my favorites are the vintage GMT Master Is that have the magenta cyan faded bezels and chocolate dials, not that those would be any cheaper than a new WG Pepsi...
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #651 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 23:28:20 »
I think Rolex rrp on the batman as well as all SS gmt master ii's are around $10500aud but the dealers have marked it up by about 1k. You won't be able to find one brand new for less than 11.5k

The WG pepsi GMT is stunning! If i had a spare 40k i wouldn't hesitate on getting it. I wish they made it in SS though so it's more affordable for people like me. Affordable lol

That sucks but they know they can still find buyers, I heard the new ceramic Daytonas are also a pain to find.

Agreed, the WG is cool but totally unnecessary.  :))
For Pepsis my favorites are the vintage GMT Master Is that have the magenta cyan faded bezels and chocolate dials, not that those would be any cheaper than a new WG Pepsi...

Yeah i have heard dealers marking up the ceramic Daytonas by 10k. That is ridiculous.

I think the 1980-1990 Pepsi GMT master ii's are still manageable atm. If you're looking at getting one of those then i would suggest buying fairly soon because they are guaranteed to go up in value in the not to distant future. I think i've seen some for the same price as a new ceramic one.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #652 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 23:33:48 »
If you're looking at getting one of those then i would suggest buying fairly soon because they are guaranteed to go up in value in the not to distant future. I think i've seen some for the same price as a new ceramic one.

If only I had the money to do that, my watch choices right now are limited to the sub $3000usd range.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #653 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 23:41:01 »
@superbia Oh that strap look nice. Interesting features. Is it some sort of resin/plastic material?

@bevo. Nice snowflake. Grand Seiko dials are AMAZING.

I've always taken the mind over matter approach in collecting: If you don't mind, it doesn't matter. Now I really own too many and some of my favorite watches sits in a box for months at a time before working my way around the rotation. So I guess I've slimmed down my future buy list to the following (in no particular order):

Black Bay in blue. Not sure how this one fits into my current directive though. May be swap for a blue Pelagos?
Doxa 1500T
Oris Aquis Date, grey dial with orange markers. Because orange.
Laco Friedrichshafen
Grand Seiko GMT in cream. dat dial :eek:
Green alpinist

May be more pending Baselworld

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #654 on: Sun, 12 March 2017, 21:46:19 »
Black Bay in blue. Not sure how this one fits into my current directive though. May be swap for a blue Pelagos?

If you can pull off the larger size go with the Pelagos

Offline superbia

« Reply #655 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 08:22:33 »
@superbia Oh that strap look nice. Interesting features. Is it some sort of resin/plastic material?

Hi, Since you asked for it, here are some photos.
I would say it's a multi-layered high-tech rubber/synthetic.
Here are black (carbonish), and brown (burgondyish), and there are also a green and blue one, so in total 4 colors.
By far the best natos for what their current asking price, they might raise the price to 3 figures if they start getting ton of orders, so keep it within the keyboard community  :D

Keebio Iris 2.8 (Alps) X Colemak Mod-DH

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #656 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 13:39:05 »
Anyone been keeping up with Baselworld this year?

Overall I'm pretty split on the releases.
I love where Tudor is going with the Black Bay line by using steel bezels and the riveted style bracelets.
More

I hate what Rolex decided to do with the Sea-dweller, sure the red text is cool but now the watch is just a larger Submariner. They also added a new dial/ metal option for the Yacht Master but overall I think they're getting more and more generic as a company. The new Cellini Moonphase is cool but the moonphase is about as useless as it could possibly be (I know it's a poetic complication that isn't very useful normally but still). The new Daytonas look cool but aren't anything crazy. I'm hoping that the Swiss watch market turns around so Rolex can start making some cool watches again, I'd love to see another triple date chrono or moonphase from them. A 6236 remake would be perfect!

The Omega 1957 Trilogy is a pretty cool set but again, nothing that crazy.
More

Last but not least, Nomos. The new Campus Club does make me more interested in the Club line (they look much better in person than in pictures) and the new dial colors for the regular Club are nice but don't make me want one. The new Ahoi dial colors are awesome and have solidified my decision to eventually add one to my collection, especially since they updated it to their newer neomatik movement.
More

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #657 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 17:20:09 »
@superbia. I'll see about getting one. Not the biggest fan of natos nor canvas. Rubber may be better than the nylon/perlon I've tried and disliked. Then again, I'd prefer 3ring zulus if I were to wear a retention style strap, but you'll usually find me nubbing it out with a bracelet. I like my metal bracelets more than I'd like to admit ;D

@Joey  I am used to gargantuan sized watches. 50mm lug to lug is long but quite a few watches in my regular rotation are longer. Larger watches does feel less refined, especially when when dropping 5k on a watch. That stainless steel bezel Black Bay does kinda hit the spot. Though, another black dial watch... ah. I am more tempted by the Black Bay 41. That is excellent. I loved the 36mm but it is small for me (18cm/ 66mm across). If anything needs a gilt dial, this is it. I kinda wish they up sized the hour markers. They don't look as proportional as the 36mm. May be it is just me, I think they wrongly sized this watch. It would probably work better ~39mm.

Not feeling too much on the new Rolex and Omegas. Datejust 41mm is a bit blasphemous, but does it look great with the blue dial. Sea Dweller has been meh since Deep Sea came out. They definitely should have made it more unique instead of just being the middle brother. Yacht Master got worst. My cousin had the old silver dial one, and that one is excellent. New one looks like cheap toys.

Omega's 60anniv Planet Ocean in blue ceramic and orange accent is something right up my alley... except the gaudy look doesn't really suit the brand. I'd buy one if it was a more affordable brand. May be like a G-Shock in that color scheme.

Seiko. I like they're doing more Grand Seiko divers, but man are they ugly and look out of place in the Grand Seiko line. 62MAS reissue is interesting but stupidly made it limited edition.

Casio, meh at all the offerings. They're trying too hard to move up market and missing all the marks. More classic affordables please.

Oris, I like some of the new colorways for the Aquis or at least I haven't seen it before. Though I think I am gonna hold steady on the tungsten bezel version.

Nomos, I've heard they're really nice watches... but I am one of those weirdos that wear divers everywhere, or the occasional aviators. Club Campus does look a bit more beefy than the gentlemanly watches before. I am on a reversing trend of watch sizes, so may be I'll get one eventually.

Edit: post look boring without a picture: My Bravo. 52mm lug to lug, 45mm diameter. When I heard it was gargantuan, I just had to have it. Was a bit disappointed when it didn't wear that big. Loving it now since it fits just right. Slightly disappointed at the lume. This is slightly better than the SKX (dig a few post back for the lume comparison, SKX's lume is pretty pedestrian compared to other Seiko divers). Considering how good the lume is in the OS300 (old lume king, and probably still the 2nd best), I really expected more. I'll write a mini review later.
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 April 2017, 17:30:56 by laffindude »

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #658 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 17:39:18 »
Not feeling too much on the new Rolex and Omegas. Datejust 41mm is a bit blasphemous, but does it look great with the blue dial. Sea Dweller has been meh since Deep Sea came out. They definitely should have made it more unique instead of just being the middle brother. Yacht Master got worst. My cousin had the old silver dial one, and that one is excellent. New one looks like cheap toys.

I totally agree on the Datejust 41mm, sure it looks good in photos but in person it's way too big.

I also forgot that they started making the Sky-Dweller in SS which I guess could be good as a business decision will probably piss off some customers. Before we know it they'll be making SS day dates...

Seiko. I like they're doing more Grand Seiko divers, but man are they ugly and look out of place in the Grand Seiko line. 62MAS reissue is interesting but stupidly made it limited edition.

Yeah, I've always thought the GS divers look out of place. The new dress watches in the GS line do look pretty perfect though.

Oris, I like some of the new colorways for the Aquis or at least I haven't seen it before. Though I think I am gonna hold steady on the tungsten bezel version.

Oris seems to be one of the few companies still trying new designs instead of rereleasing exact copies of old watches, at some point I'll probably own one but they aren't near the top of my collection checklist.

Nomos, I've heard they're really nice watches... but I am one of those weirdos that wear divers everywhere, or the occasional aviators. Club Campus does look a bit more beefy than the gentlemanly watches before. I am on a reversing trend of watch sizes, so may be I'll get one eventually.

As much as I enjoy wearing my modded Squale 1545 I'm usually wearing my Nomos Tangente if I know I won't be doing anything too active.

Nomos
More

Squale
More

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #659 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 18:56:57 »
Love the wabi on the Squale. However, it always irks me to see missing lume pip on the bezel. Drives me nuts. Rough side out purp leather really give the watch some character. Love it.

Your Nomos is really nice. Love flame blued hands on white dials. Love the almost all dial look.

Out of all the newish Rolex, I still think Air King is the one to get. Most other ones were fine the size they were. New dial options are welcome of course.

Grand Seikos, I honestly don't mind the quartz diver. It is boring and perfectly fit the line, and white dial version looks yummy. (seems to be missing on the Grand Seiko page. Discontinued?) The other divers are all too gaudy. Seems like they only have the spring drive 200 and the new hi-beat 600m divers left. I would have dropped the hi-beat movement in the quartz diver's case. And use the boring dateless dial.

Large holdings company swallowed up too many brands. Richmont group is less bad than the soulless Swatch group, but the brand identities are still dying in Richmont. Luckily Oris have not been caught in that. Speaking of Swiss watches though. Man I am really hating the death of ETA ebauche. ETA movements were cheap to service and replace parts. Now buying Swiss watches is a minefield. You'll never know if you'll be able to source movement parts in a couple of decades (and lets not even think about the cost if you can). Selitas Oris is using is kinda ok, but no where as consistently made as the ETA it is based on. ETA had the manufacturing down to a science.

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #660 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 19:04:32 »
Love the wabi on the Squale. However, it always irks me to see missing lume pip on the bezel. Drives me nuts. Rough side out purp leather really give the watch some character. Love it.

Your Nomos is really nice. Love flame blued hands on white dials. Love the almost all dial look.

Out of all the newish Rolex, I still think Air King is the one to get. Most other ones were fine the size they were. New dial options are welcome of course.

Grand Seikos, I honestly don't mind the quartz diver. It is boring and perfectly fit the line, and white dial version looks yummy. (seems to be missing on the Grand Seiko page. Discontinued?) The other divers are all too gaudy. Seems like they only have the spring drive 200 and the new hi-beat 600m divers left. I would have dropped the hi-beat movement in the quartz diver's case. And use the boring dateless dial.

Large holdings company swallowed up too many brands. Richmont group is less bad than the soulless Swatch group, but the brand identities are still dying in Richmont. Luckily Oris have not been caught in that. Speaking of Swiss watches though. Man I am really hating the death of ETA ebauche. ETA movements were cheap to service and replace parts. Now buying Swiss watches is a minefield. You'll never know if you'll be able to source movement parts in a couple of decades (and lets not even think about the cost if you can). Selitas Oris is using is kinda ok, but no where as consistently made as the ETA it is based on. ETA had the manufacturing down to a science.
I had a squale 50 atmos originale opaco but decided to sell it. Ended up getting more than what I paid. I was just a but annoyed with the lume application inconsistency.

Sneaky seiko shot:

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #661 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 19:14:57 »
Lume inconsistency is another pet peeve. The first watch I ever flipped (I've only flipped 3) is a MM300. It really is no wonder it is one of the most flipped watch on the forums. One can say whatever they want about a master craftsman hand painting it. It is uneven. I would prefer evenly done by a machine than unevenly done by a craftsman.

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #662 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 19:53:15 »
wow just saw this thread on here , nice watches gents -- I own a sunray yachtmaster I, which I wear daily on a sun tanned leather strap (makes it more casual) -- and currently saving up for a JLC Reverso tribute to 1931, modern twist on the old classic  :D

anyone a fan of the independents? Currently obsessed with Habring --and have always been in love with all things journe (chronometre bleu is one on my grails  :'( )
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 April 2017, 19:54:53 by KetchyKech »
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #663 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 20:12:46 »
wow just saw this thread on here , nice watches gents -- I own a sunray yachtmaster I, which I wear daily on a sun tanned leather strap (makes it more casual) -- and currently saving up for a JLC Reverso tribute to 1931, modern twist on the old classic  :D

anyone a fan of the independents? Currently obsessed with Habring --and have always been in love with all things journe (chronometre bleu is one on my grails  :'( )

I was at a high end watch boutique and spent maybe 45min looking at and talking about the Journes they had (the shop was empty). Sadly I couldn't convince them to let me try one on but I wasn't expecting that plan to work.

The finishing on the dials and movements is absolutely gorgeous whether you're spending 25k or 100k+. Truly one of my grail companies along with ALS, hopefully my choice of engineering as a major will eventually pay off so I can afford one. The Chrono Bleu has what has to be one of the best dials in the watch world.

Sneaky seiko shot:
Show Image

Snowflakes are perfect! I haven't been lucky enough to see one in person yet though.  :'(

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #664 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 06:37:27 »
Haha, we have a GS boutique here ;) Played with many (including Credors mmmm!). Since I am not allergic to quartz like many snobs enthusiasts are, I found the GS quartz to be an absolute steal. Same high quality dial and finishing. I haven't seen something in this price range that has this level of quality.
Was going through the Rolex site earlier, and man Oyster Perpetual 39 in rhodium dial is yummy AF (the blue is good too). Wish it had fluted bezel option.

165672-0
Mini Orient Bravo Review:
45mm diameter, 52mm lug to lug, ~14mm thick, 24mm lug width, 22mm clasp.
I paid less for this than for my Turtle. It is an absolute steal at this price.

+Sapphire crystal
+ISO diver
+Solid clicking bezel. Has a bit of back play, and a bit on the stiff side.
+Brushed slab side case
+Signed crown (with a band that show you if it is not screwed down).
+Solid end links. Fits almost perfectly with no play.
+Chunky bracelet (I don't mind pin and collar on the outside link, but would prefer the collar on the center link)
+Drilled through lugs. Screw any manufacture too cheap to do this.
+2.5mm springbars like the Seiko divers.
+I love power reserve complication. It is lumed too.
+No day. Date fits neatly long the 4o'clock index.
+Applied indices
+seconds lume pip on the correct end
+Ahem, aligned chapter ring. LOOKING AT YOU SEIKO. 12o'clock index, chapter ring, and bezel line up perfectly. As it should for a ~800 MSRP watch.
+Good movement. Not a clunky low end movement. Same movement as OS300. Runs about the same ~ +/-2 SPD.
+Orange is yummy

-The indices doesn't have blackened border like the hands.
-Typical overly busy dial texts. M-Force logo is ugly AF.
-Lume is so so for a diver
-Not sure about only have a mini crown guard on 1 side of the crown.
-Crap clasp.
-Signed crown indexes almost perfectly... except it is upside down when tightened. Tried many times but I don't think there is another engagement point for the crown.
-Hand winding mechanism doesn't disengage cleanly when screwing down as the OS300 for some reason. Almost think I broke it the first time I set the watch.
-Crown doesn't pop when unscrewed. It kinda just hangs around the engagement point and a bit stiff to push in.
-Stiff bezel. May be it'll break in.

~24mm lug width. Would have preferred 22mm for more strap options.
~1piece PVD bezel. You're stuck with the bezel if you don't like how it look. Good luck finding aftermarket parts since it is not a SKX or Mako.
~Black chapter ring on an orange dial. Not sure if I would want orange there or not. Kinda looks ok as it is now.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 April 2017, 08:14:21 by laffindude »

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #665 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 11:25:21 »
Haha, we have a GS boutique here ;) Played with many (including Credors mmmm!). Since I am not allergic to quartz like many snobs enthusiasts are, I found the GS quartz to be an absolute steal. Same high quality dial and finishing. I haven't seen something in this price range that has this level of quality.

I'm not allergic to quartz but I for sure prefer a mechanical movement to a quartz movement. My real issue with high end quartz watches is you're still paying a good amount for a watch where the movement isn't too different than a $200 or $300 quartz watch. Like why buy a $2k GS quartz when you can get a SARB033 or 035 for sub $200? Sure you get a but higher quality finishing but the SARB033 I owned looked like a much more expensive watch than it was.

Was going through the Rolex site earlier, and man Oyster Perpetual 39 in rhodium dial is yummy AF (the blue is good too). Wish it had fluted bezel option.

Fluted is for sure the way to go for Datejusts, Oyster Perpetuals, and Day Dates but IMO any one of those watches over 36mm is larger than it should be. Speaking of blue dials, I'm currently saving up for a blue linen dial 1601 or 1603 for my 21st birthday.  :)

The goal

« Last Edit: Thu, 13 April 2017, 11:30:01 by Joey Quinn »

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #666 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 12:34:16 »
Well, temperature compensation and pre-aged crystal aren't something you get on cheaper quartz. For other brands I may agree about the quartz thing, but not so much 9F movement in GS.

SARB033 is nice and looks more expensive than it is. Though, for the price bracket, I am going Orient.
That's a pretty dial on the Rolex. Love textured dials.

Offline Severe

• HHKB Zealot
« Reply #667 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 00:11:05 »
Tudor Pelagos never leaves my wrist
HHKB Pro 2 Black Lubed 55g
Logitech G502 (Gaming) Logitech MX Master 2 (Day to day)

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #668 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 04:04:22 »

The watch that makes we wish I could pull off 42mm.

Offline Severe

• HHKB Zealot
« Reply #669 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 11:01:06 »

The watch that makes we wish I could pull off 42mm.

it actually wears pretty small. for it;s size
HHKB Pro 2 Black Lubed 55g
Logitech G502 (Gaming) Logitech MX Master 2 (Day to day)

Offline aznsilvrboy

« Reply #670 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 02:07:29 »
Got this at the end of last year.  :D
166004-0
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 April 2017, 02:09:40 by aznsilvrboy »

Offline zacheadams

• Friendly Neighborhood Keyboard Enthusiast
« Reply #671 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 19:46:27 »
(Attachment Link)

Quality.   My partner has the smaller one, it's real good watch minimalism with a nice inhouse movement.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #672 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 01:33:03 »
(Attachment Link)

Quality.   My partner has the smaller one, it's real good watch minimalism with a nice inhouse movement.

Nomos are awesome, if I had the money I'd buy one of the new 36mm Ahois or a Zurich GMT.

For now my 35mm Tangente will have to do.

Offline ctzn_voyager

« Reply #673 on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 16:11:06 »
Can't be lettin this thread die now...

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #674 on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 16:17:55 »

Not posting a movement shot of a Lange is a crime!

Gorgeous watches though, some day I'll be buying stuff like that  :'(

Offline ctzn_voyager

« Reply #675 on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 16:25:49 »

I got you fam
170910-0

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #676 on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 16:35:16 »
My tried-and-true.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #677 on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 16:35:23 »

I got you fam
(Attachment Link)

Damn do they know how to finish a watch! I've never seen one in person but I imagine pictures don't fully capture the beauty.

Note to self, figure out where I can see a Lange in person.

Until then this'll have to hold me over.

170912-0

Offline ctzn_voyager

« Reply #678 on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 16:39:24 »

I got you fam
(Attachment Link)

Damn do they know how to finish a watch! I've never seen one in person but I imagine pictures don't fully capture the beauty.

(Attachment Link)

Awesome, NOMOS has a really good thing going, and they're in good company. It's about a 2 minute drive between the Lange and NOMOS buildings in Glashutte.

Love the S2K, too!

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #679 on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 17:01:08 »
More

I got you fam
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Awesome, NOMOS has a really good thing going, and they're in good company. It's about a 2 minute drive between the Lange and NOMOS buildings in Glashutte.

Love the S2K, too!

I love my Wempe Tangente and after a few interactions with Nomos I love the company, at some point I plan to add a few more pieces from them to my collection. I've been eyeing the Tetra Kleene (I really like small watches) but I have a few more things to check off before I circle back to Nomos.

If I'm ever in Europe I plan to visit a few manufacturers, Lange and Nomos included. I don't think I'll ever do it myself but watch design and manufacturing fascinates me, especially some of the design choices FP Journe makes (both movement and aesthetic). Have you ever had the chance to see a Journe in person? I was at a boutique and saw a few Octas through the glass and was blown away. Something like a Chrono Bleu or an mop dial Chronomètre à Résonance are IMO about as pretty as watches get. Watches like the Philippe Dufour Simplicity are also at the top of my list but Journes feel much more accessible.

The AP1 belongs to my dad but I get a ton of seat time during the summer, they aren't fast but are an absolute blast to drive.

Offline ctzn_voyager

« Reply #680 on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 17:11:04 »
More

I got you fam
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Love the S2K, too!

I love my Wempe Tangente and after a few interactions with Nomos I love the company, at some point I plan to add a few more pieces from them to my collection. I've been eyeing the Tetra Kleene (I really like small watches) but I have a few more things to check off before I circle back to Nomos.

If I'm ever in Europe I plan to visit a few manufacturers, Lange and Nomos included. I don't think I'll ever do it myself but watch design and manufacturing fascinates me, especially some of the design choices FP Journe makes (both movement and aesthetic). Have you ever had the chance to see a Journe in person? I was at a boutique and saw a few Octas through the glass and was blown away. Something like a Chrono Bleu or an mop dial Chronomètre à Résonance are IMO about as pretty as watches get. Watches like the Philippe Dufour Simplicity are also at the top of my list but Journes feel much more accessible.

The AP1 belongs to my dad but I get a ton of seat time during the summer, they aren't fast but are an absolute blast to drive.

You've got some fine taste. I do a lot of work in the watch industry and am very familiar with Journe/Dufour and their ilk. Pictures do them no justice, so I'm glad you had the chance to handle one in the flesh, they are truly special watches. I would highly recommend a visit to Glashutte if you ever get the chance (maybe stay in Dresden and make the drive to the valley). The people I've met at Lange, Wempe, and NOMOS are among the best I've encountered, truly kind folks.

If you ever need any suggestions on where to stay drop me a PM.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #681 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 11:35:30 »
You've got some fine taste. I do a lot of work in the watch industry and am very familiar with Journe/Dufour and their ilk. Pictures do them no justice, so I'm glad you had the chance to handle one in the flesh, they are truly special watches.

Thanks! My taste has been cultivated by spending countless hours on instagram, youtube, and reading watch articles non stop + some limited experience seeing pieces in person. When I turn 21 later this summer I'm going to see if I can maybe make it to a few redbar meetings to see more watches I read about in person.

You work for the 'dink right?

Offline zacheadams

« Reply #682 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 13:26:01 »
More

I got you fam
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Love the S2K, too!

More

I got you fam
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Love the S2K, too!

You've got some fine taste. I do a lot of work in the watch industry and am very familiar with Journe/Dufour and their ilk. Pictures do them no justice, so I'm glad you had the chance to handle one in the flesh, they are truly special watches. I would highly recommend a visit to Glashutte if you ever get the chance (maybe stay in Dresden and make the drive to the valley). The people I've met at Lange, Wempe, and NOMOS are among the best I've encountered, truly kind folks.

If you ever need any suggestions on where to stay drop me a PM.

I visited Glashutte, toured Glashutte Original, and it's a wild experience.  They let you visit every single part of the factory, give you champagne and lunch, etc.  I'm sure it's the same with ALS and Nomos.  Dresden is a beautiful city too, be sure to visit VW's "Glass Factory" if you're interested in cars.

Offline TacticalCoder

« Reply #683 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 18:31:18 »

Amazing watches... I've got a Submariner since forever (and posted picture of it on my HHKB back in the days).  Which Daytona is this exactly (model/year)?  Nice pictures too: you took them yourself?

I'm think about buying a Daytona. I like that one.
HHKB Pro JP (daily driver) -- HHKB Pro 2 -- Industrial IBM Model M 1395240-- NIB Cherry MX 5000 - IBM Model M 1391412 (Swiss QWERTZ) -- IBM Model M 1391403 (German QWERTZ) * 2 -- IBM Model M Ambra -- Black IBM Model M M13 -- IBM Model M 1391401 -- IBM Model M 139? ? ? *2 -- Dell AT102W -- Ergo (split) SmartBoard (white ALPS apparently)

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #684 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 22:08:43 »

Amazing watches... I've got a Submariner since forever (and posted picture of it on my HHKB back in the days).  Which Daytona is this exactly (model/year)?  Nice pictures too: you took them yourself?

Looks like one of the newer ceramic bezel Daytonas.

Offline zacheadams

« Reply #685 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 18:35:06 »
Movements

171676-0

Offline ctzn_voyager

« Reply #686 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 17:54:34 »

Yep it's a 116500LN with ceramic bezel, beautiful watch. And while I'm here...

Offline ctzn_voyager

« Reply #687 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 17:55:06 »

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #688 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 18:10:16 »
Movements

(Attachment Link)

Awesome! We should've taken more shots like this at Keycon.

Yep it's a 116500LN with ceramic bezel, beautiful watch. And while I'm here...

Show Image

Show Image

Your collection is way too awesome. I need me some MB&F.

Offline atarione

« Reply #689 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 14:32:50 »
putting the band on this watch was a PITA but some retro Citizen Windsurfer goodness from from ebay .. Quite chuffed w/ this watch, it is a bit small but I don't even care it is awesome..

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #690 on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 17:08:00 »
Had my eye on this one for a while. Just picked it up a couple hours ago

Mira SE  |  Clueboard  |   B.face  |  HHKB Type-S

Offline millifoo

« Reply #691 on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 17:32:29 »
This is my (very) old school 1978 Seiko LC Dual Chrono.

Got this from a jewelry store that had been closed for 35 years. After the owner died, his daughter went through everything and found tons of "new" old stock just sitting there. I bought this about ten years back. Well... to be honest... I bought 15 of them. :D   It's made like a tank - solid chunk of stainless steel.

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #692 on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 18:22:06 »
Had my eye on this one for a while. Just picked it up a couple hours ago

Show Image

Nice! I should dig out my Speedmaster and take a pretty picture of it for this thread.
F Keys belong on the left.

Offline Landcaps

« Reply #693 on: Fri, 06 October 2017, 23:15:09 »

2 watches. casio for daily use(have this from 1998). and mechanical fossil for special occasion.

Offline sundin

« Reply #694 on: Sat, 07 October 2017, 01:25:31 »

Oh wait, here it is

Offline hayt

• * Maker
« Reply #695 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 13:33:47 »
I like german stuffs

179906-0

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #696 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 13:52:33 »

Offline 0100010

• Not Sure
« Reply #697 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 15:08:02 »
I own a few watches, but I have always wanted a watch (case, band) made out of tungsten carbide, mostly because I have seen how durable it is with my wedding band (does not scratch).

I was only aware of a few really cheap quartz watches made from it, and one Swiss Legend model.

But in the past few weeks I randomly read about some TC watches from Android Watches USA in FL (now renamed Aragon), which caught my interest.

Anyway, one ebay auction later I am now the proud owner of an Android AD726 Hercules watch.  44mm black dial, luminous indexes/ hands, exhibition caseback, sapphire crystals, SII NH35A movement with date.

Now being made from TC, I knew it would be heavy - but this thing tips the scales at 10.5oz (it is awesome!).

Quoting me causes a posting error that you need to ignore.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #698 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 15:21:11 »

Timex Indiglo. I really like this watch.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #699 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 22:41:01 »
More
I own a few watches, but I have always wanted a watch (case, band) made out of tungsten carbide, mostly because I have seen how durable it is with my wedding band (does not scratch).

I was only aware of a few really cheap quartz watches made from it, and one Swiss Legend model.

But in the past few weeks I randomly read about some TC watches from Android Watches USA in FL (now renamed Aragon), which caught my interest.

Anyway, one ebay auction later I am now the proud owner of an Android AD726 Hercules watch.  44mm black dial, luminous indexes/ hands, exhibition caseback, sapphire crystals, SII NH35A movement with date.

Now being made from TC, I knew it would be heavy - but this thing tips the scales at 10.5oz (it is awesome!).

Show Image

Show Image

As cool as having a TC watch is I don't think I could get used to the weight. My Nomos is only 42g (1.48 oz) and I have an old Seiko that's even lighter.