Author Topic: What did you add to your Keyboard today? - Post Your Pics  (Read 4579398 times)

Offline frostwoozle

Re: What did you add to your Keyboard today? - Post Your Pics
« Reply #2000 on: Thu, 20 December 2012, 12:55:00 »
I've been typing on it all evening. Job well spent, it's way better than a new M0116 if you ask me.

Thanks muchly for the info. Count me interested in seeing how the case painting turns out. I've read though that dying old keys (even PTB) results in unmatched colors between the sides because of different levels of wear and sun exposure.

Offline PRISONER 24601

« Reply #2001 on: Thu, 20 December 2012, 14:58:30 »
I've been typing on it all evening. Job well spent, it's way better than a new M0116 if you ask me.

Thanks muchly for the info. Count me interested in seeing how the case painting turns out. I've read though that dying old keys (even PTB) results in unmatched colors between the sides because of different levels of wear and sun exposure.

that's why I haven't already done it , unfortunately. Also I keep hearng that shades of blue RIT don't take to plastics very well at all.

What I'd really like is a hardwood or metal case. I have access to tons of CNC equipment that I'm welcome to use. It'd be a shame to let that access go to waste, eh? lol
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
G80-3000LSCRC-2 (MX), "Ricercar" G86-6241OEUAGSA (MX), MX11800 (MX), AEKII (ALPS), AEK (ALPS) Apple Keyboard A9M0330 (ALPS), IBM Model F XT (Bucking Spring), IBM Space Saver 1391472 (Bucking Spring).

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2002 on: Sun, 23 December 2012, 18:56:34 »

Doesn't seem to fit quite right - it is aligned too far to the left.  But I think that is just the Ducky case.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2003 on: Mon, 24 December 2012, 07:20:25 »
Weird :/ do other caps sit like that??

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #2004 on: Mon, 24 December 2012, 07:22:46 »
Show Image

Doesn't seem to fit quite right - it is aligned too far to the left.  But I think that is just the Ducky case.

Mine sits far right, and I'm using QFR.
The Cheat - B/R/B ; Clear switch with 62g springs

quit

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #2005 on: Mon, 24 December 2012, 09:42:48 »
The one on my ducky sits like your's.  The one on my qfr is centered, but high.  It looks fine on my custom boards, though.

Offline brianvoo

• Poisoned
« Reply #2006 on: Tue, 25 December 2012, 11:19:58 »
After putting the on Red Escape on my Rosewill, I also noticed that it sat a little to the right. I guess it's the case/switch not aligned properly?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2007 on: Tue, 25 December 2012, 15:00:16 »
Every keycaps, including the standard backlightable Esc key, seems to sit too far to the left on my Ducky.  I guess it's just the hole in the case is a little too far to the right.  Perhaps teh second biggest complaint about the Ducky.  Wonder if the Shine II has a more precise Esc cutout ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2008 on: Tue, 25 December 2012, 16:50:22 »
After putting the on Red Escape on my Rosewill, I also noticed that it sat a little to the right. I guess it's the case/switch not aligned properly?

bingo!
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Vintage

« Reply #2009 on: Tue, 25 December 2012, 19:45:57 »
Every keycaps, including the standard backlightable Esc key, seems to sit too far to the left on my Ducky.  I guess it's just the hole in the case is a little too far to the right.  Perhaps teh second biggest complaint about the Ducky.  Wonder if the Shine II has a more precise Esc cutout ...

Interesting find! I haven't noticed that in any of the pictures.

I checked on my QFR and the stock Esc keycap seems to be centered. Hard to tell but maybe very slightly to the left if any at all.  :D 
CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2010 on: Tue, 25 December 2012, 19:58:51 »
Curiously, dragging this thread slight more off-topic, the numpad and the arrow keys and PgUp cluster the keycaps seem to be a tad too far to the right.almost as if someone stretched the PCB slightly, or that the case is a couple of mm too narrow overall.  Heh not too bad though, no keys rub against the case (unlike some other brands).

Offline Sai

« Reply #2011 on: Thu, 27 December 2012, 08:24:39 »
i got this from local store. ;D

- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #2012 on: Thu, 27 December 2012, 08:50:02 »

Show Image

ive been looking for one of those and feng is all out.

Offline Sai

« Reply #2013 on: Thu, 27 December 2012, 09:08:50 »

Show Image

ive been looking for one of those and feng is all out.

you can ask the shop that i bought from for any stock since they bought only 10 caps.
The shop's fb : http://www.facebook.com/xtremesolutionzone
but i have no idea about the shipping fees though.
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 December 2012, 21:04:42 by hoshidishi »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #2014 on: Thu, 27 December 2012, 16:49:01 »
double post, thanks again imsto

And yeah, I got my "GH" in blue. Don't mind the missing switches on the QFR... waiting for lysol's gb to finish production to mix and match

« Last Edit: Thu, 27 December 2012, 16:50:57 by Sifo »
I love Elzy

Offline Garples

« Reply #2015 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 10:14:11 »
Some keycaps from keypop.net and local group buy :D

Offline leaf4clover

• MXMXMXMXMXMX
    • honeyblood's garden
« Reply #2016 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 11:12:28 »

Add 24k connector and custom ps/2 cable :)

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
« Reply #2017 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 11:14:37 »
Looks really good =)

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #2018 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 13:57:30 »
Received a pack of 40A-L Cherry MX Rubber O-Ring Switch Dampeners from WASDkeyboards today and promptly installed them on my KBT Race S at lunch.

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #2019 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 14:37:26 »

you can ask the shop that i bought from for any stock since they bought only 10 caps.
The shop's fb : http://www.facebook.com/xtremesolutionzone
but i have no idea about the shipping fees though.
LOL.. I wouldn't personally touch that shop with a ten foot pole. I found them selling the billiard set a few months back for like $100,not to mention other stuff that was stupidly dear.
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
    • Becker's 市場 рынок Markt - Sell/Buy/Trade
« Reply #2020 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 16:58:58 »
Show Image

Where did you get those "One Piece" Key-Caps? And are they dye-sub?

Received a pack of 40A-L Cherry MX Rubber O-Ring Switch Dampeners from WASDkeyboards today and promptly installed them on my KBT Race S at lunch.

Have those on my MX Cherry Red Board, and it definitely reduces the sound by a decent amount.
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 December 2012, 17:04:05 by razorsharpgears »
Here at GeekClack, time isn't worth anything because CCs are money.
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2021 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 17:48:21 »
Show Image

That's a nice spacebar :)

Offline Garples

« Reply #2022 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 18:37:11 »
Where did you get those "One Piece" Key-Caps? And are they dye-sub?
I personally don't know where the groupbuy organizer bought this, might be from ebay or taobao.
Also, I'm quite new to keycaps, I don't know what is dye-sub. :P

That's a nice spacebar :)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #2023 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 18:49:07 »
Imsto sells the one piece caps from his Taobao store. I believe they are dyesub from looking at mine.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #2024 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 18:50:30 »
yeah its dyesub
Keyboardless

Offline Glissant

« Reply #2025 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 12:41:47 »
Show Image

Add 24k connector and custom ps/2 cable :)

Wow that's one awesome setup. Well done!

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #2026 on: Mon, 31 December 2012, 11:34:22 »
Happy 2013! <:3

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #2027 on: Mon, 31 December 2012, 11:47:16 »
Very nice!
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline GMC

• Shiny.
« Reply #2028 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 07:28:22 »

Untitled by Gregor.Mc, on Flickr
WASD V1 - waiting on R4... - MX Brown
KBT Pure - Zinc caps - MX Brown
Cherry G80-1800 ISO WKL - SkiData caps - MX Clear

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #2029 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 14:51:14 »

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #2030 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 15:08:12 »
Rocking that SkiData  :p
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2031 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 21:21:22 »

Ducky logo keycaps! :)

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #2032 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 21:22:29 »
and
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2033 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 21:24:12 »
umop episdn.

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #2034 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 21:24:48 »
Ahaha.

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #2035 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 22:04:47 »
Nice!
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2036 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 15:45:50 »
umop episdn.

I see what it is now!  At first I thought it was a teddy or squirrel or something similar.

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #2037 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 15:55:58 »
umop episdn.

I see what it is now!  At first I thought it was a teddy or squirrel or something similar.
I'm more surprised no one asked about the filthy yellow thing it's on. LOL.

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #2038 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 16:04:35 »
looks like a wastebin?

did you put the caps with that ugly font into it after the photoshoot? :-p

and you're barefoot. :)

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #2039 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 16:22:59 »
That is what we here in Australia are forced to use as recycle bins. That yellow.. Rowdy's favourite color :p
Aww man, that font isn't that bad :P

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #2040 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 16:36:00 »
we have the same ones with that yellow lid here in germany for plastic stuff :)

looking at the font of the ssk in front of me... looking at the "font" of your board... hmmm... :p

Offline Sai

« Reply #2041 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 19:23:12 »
just added the rgby doubleshot set from imsto to my poker. ^-^

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2042 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 19:46:35 »
umop episdn.

I'm more surprised no one asked about the filthy yellow thing it's on. LOL.

Wheelie bin lid, next to your foot :)

Edit: LOL late to the party again.

Anyone, on my travels recently, saw this:

Not mine.  Wish it was.  We have a green bin for rubbish, blue for recycling, and brown for garden waste.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 January 2013, 19:51:42 by rowdy »

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2043 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 20:30:22 »
Now the rubbish bin thread... keyboards are so boring.

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #2044 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 23:59:13 »
First thing out of the box, added stickered and lubed Ergo Clears to my new Poker. Left all the mods as Browns due to LEDs - will rectify this when I end up needing to desolder to add a plate. Learnt two things today: stickers are a ***** to put on and unmounted switches are a ***** to open up haha.

« Last Edit: Fri, 04 January 2013, 00:03:34 by jeroplane »

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2045 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 00:12:18 »
Nice work jero.

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #2046 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 03:03:52 »
First thing out of the box, added stickered and lubed Ergo Clears to my new Poker. Left all the mods as Browns due to LEDs - will rectify this when I end up needing to desolder to add a plate. Learnt two things today: stickers are a ***** to put on and unmounted switches are a ***** to open up haha.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Arrived huh? I still haven't got mine yet! Sexy looking poker.
The Cheat - B/R/B ; Clear switch with 62g springs

quit

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #2047 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 03:48:01 »
Nice work jero.

Thanks hash :)

Arrived huh? I still haven't got mine yet! Sexy looking poker.

Yeah it came in yesterday, sorry I forgot to PM you! Hopefully your package arrives soon too!

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline BlindRAGE606

• Prince of All Saiyans
« Reply #2048 on: Sat, 05 January 2013, 14:59:25 »
Mint Gum and Gum Purple(?).

« Last Edit: Sat, 05 January 2013, 15:22:35 by BlindRAGE606 »

DUCKY TKL MX BLACK | HHKB PRO 2 | BEAST PH&LACEWOOD

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #2049 on: Sat, 05 January 2013, 15:02:49 »