Author Topic: What did you add to your Keyboard today? - Post Your Pics  (Read 4579425 times)

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
Re: What did you add to your Keyboard today? - Post Your Pics
« Reply #2100 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 23:10:26 »
kbdmaniaz:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2101 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 23:14:04 »
^ Nice yellow keycap :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
    • Becker's 市場 рынок Markt - Sell/Buy/Trade
« Reply #2102 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 23:54:06 »
Didn't exactly add anything to my keyboard but there's this.
Show Image
Show Image

That's Beautiful!
Here at GeekClack, time isn't worth anything because CCs are money.
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #2103 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 00:16:52 »
Don't tell Rowdy..
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2104 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 03:44:59 »
Don't tell Rowdy..
Show Image

Too late :p

But I don't really like side-printed, so you are safe.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #2105 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 10:25:48 »
Rowdy, have you still not gotten your yellow caps you've been lusting for?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2106 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 15:59:14 »

Aww it's so cute ^_^

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2107 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 17:13:57 »
Rowdy, have you still not gotten your yellow caps you've been lusting for?

Not yet, but they are getting so close I can almost see the yellow reflections :)

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
« Reply #2108 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 19:38:24 »
boost inspired..

The dark side was calling me....

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #2109 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 19:50:52 »
Damn that NCR looks hardcore.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #2110 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 20:07:13 »
And that LZ-S:)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2111 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 21:34:43 »
There's something about winkeyless keyboards, especially with that larger flat area above the function keys, that really grabs me :)

In the olden days it used to be somewhere to store my pens.

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #2112 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 21:48:32 »
I think that's Dan's LZ-SE :D

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #2113 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 21:54:19 »
Grey imsto thick pbt set, getting ready for phantom!

The Cheat - B/R/B ; Clear switch with 62g springs

quit

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2114 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 21:57:42 »
I think that's Dan's LZ-SE :D
Argh, what I meant. I know his blog like the back of my hand. It's scary.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2115 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 22:07:00 »

Show Image

They go well with the silver case.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #2116 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 22:39:35 »

Potato pic, white case, thanks Profosist
I love Elzy

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #2117 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 22:43:08 »
Show Image

Potato pic, white case, thanks Profosist

Looks very nice!  :eek:
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2118 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 22:43:58 »
The GH keys are like a cloud in a summer sky .

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #2119 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 23:26:48 »
Very clean. Once again, nice blue keyboard Sifo :)

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #2120 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 00:08:45 »
Added the wyse key caps to the right hand side of board. Waiting on moogle to add the rest. Slowly getting there
I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #2121 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 00:28:21 »
Not directly added to the keyboard now exactly, but still want to show this off. They'll be added in a few days...

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #2122 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 00:38:00 »
Not directly added to the keyboard now exactly, but still want to show this off. They'll be added in a few days...

Show Image

Show Image

How come you had them separated in sets of 5?

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #2123 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 00:40:03 »
Nice cgbuen. I bet you spent a decent amount of time getting those on perfectly straight.

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #2124 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 00:53:44 »
How come you had them separated in sets of 5?

No big reason other than to just keep count.. did 87 exactly. And thanks! Yeah, it took me a couple of hours, but it's not so bad with the TV on.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2125 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 01:26:55 »
Added the wyse key caps to the right hand side of board. Waiting on moogle to add the rest. Slowly getting there

Ahh the classic beige look - nice :)

Also nice clean Apple keyboard in the background (apart from the spacebar).

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #2126 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 07:10:00 »
/Another overdue pix.
Traded a friend some colored PBTs for few of those red ones.

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #2127 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 07:11:21 »
Hmmm ;D

Why hasnt anyone added my Cherry stickers on your keyboard YET? :p

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #2128 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 07:56:51 »
Don't rush me!

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #2129 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 08:40:16 »

Ahh the classic beige look - nice :)

Also nice clean Apple keyboard in the background (apart from the spacebar).

Yeah.... That's my bro-in-law's AEK II he picked up from the back room of a computer repair store. It's in great shape except for that space bar. He did a god job cleaning it up. We are looking into mixing up some retro bright to see if it helps. We bought an imate for it and I like how it types but why on earth did they put the bumps not on the usual home keys? Anyway he's debating whether or not to keep it.
I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline LifeZ

• LifeZone
« Reply #2130 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 09:12:08 »
Poker Alu Case With 38GT PCB  :)

AND

Wireless KBD
Case Acrylic
Controller Logitech K270 Add-on.
 ;D

« Last Edit: Thu, 10 January 2013, 11:33:08 by LifeZ »
LZ Limited

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #2131 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 09:17:12 »
Nice case LZ! (Nice keycaps too)

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #2132 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 09:51:06 »
I like that case LZ!!
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2133 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 22:56:36 »
One of the LZ wireless boards! Cool!

Offline Rapid

• Moar pewpew
« Reply #2134 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 23:18:41 »

Loving the colour on the WASD keys
Razer 'White'widow [Blue MX Switch]
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=39342.0

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2135 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 23:28:59 »
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
AND

Wireless KBD
Case Acrylic
 ;D
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Is the LZ wireless board shown here a Korean custom? I've only heard of it and never seen pictures of it. Also, what are those fun keycaps above the number pad. I like how they have color on the bottom and are clear on top. And what function do they serve?

SmallFry, you should drop more knowledge bombs on me like you did with that HHMX board.  :p

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2136 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 23:30:53 »
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
AND

Wireless KBD
Case Acrylic
 ;D
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Is the LZ wireless board shown here a Korean custom? I've only heard of it and never seen pictures of it. Also, what are those fun keycaps above the number pad. I like how they have color on the bottom and are clear on top. And what function do they serve?

SmallFry, you should drop more knowledge bombs on me like you did with that HHMX board.  :p
Bah, why do you catch me while I'm on my tablet! I'll post some info in the morning.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2137 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 23:32:33 »
Haha! No worries

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #2138 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 23:36:01 »
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
AND

Wireless KBD
Case Acrylic
 ;D
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

SmallFry can impart his knowledge on the board itself, but those caps are called relegendables. They usually come in black or beige and the clear top can be popped off to place a slip of paper or a sticker underneath for custom legends. Never seen coloured ones like those though!
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 January 2013, 09:40:08 by jeroplane »

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2139 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 23:41:12 »
They look NIQMOD'ed or similar.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2140 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 00:49:00 »

The QFR is heading towards unicorn vomit territory until I can get my hands on a set of yellow keycaps.

Anyway, these KeyPop Smile! caps are even cuter than the pics :D

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2141 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 01:04:56 »
^ Very nice!  I love it!  :)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2142 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 01:20:37 »
^ Very nice!  I love it!  :)

Thank you :)

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #2143 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 04:37:26 »

Show Image

THat looks good. leave as is

It'll pretty much stay as it is, I really like the way it looks. I'm still hunting for Octopink MX CC or translucent purple brobot! :x
The Cheat - B/R/B ; Clear switch with 62g springs

quit

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #2144 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 06:50:26 »
The day LZ runs a keyboard group buy here is the day I'm a happy man. I volunteer to be US shipping proxy if it helps make it happen :p
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2145 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 09:10:06 »
I volunteer my MONEY! ;D

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #2146 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 09:14:14 »
Yes, we all need more LZ here. :D
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #2147 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 09:37:47 »
I commented on that Photo submission of LZ's over on kbd and I think someone replied something along the lines of "get a load of this foreigner", but I'm not sure because google translate sucks...

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2148 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 09:40:03 »
Maybe they meant that they get alot of this foreigner which posts craps alot :p

Jkjk :p

Offline nntnam

« Reply #2149 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 11:40:11 »
Green WASD from EK :P
░▒▓ KMAC | FILCO MJ2 | HHKB | PHANTOM ▓▒░