Author Topic: Alps Appreciation Thread  (Read 2447613 times)

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
Re: Alps Appreciation Thread
« Reply #550 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 21:07:38 »
I was thinking about buying an AEK the other day I'd found for $30... $500? Wtf?
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #551 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 21:10:16 »
LOL $510? I don't even pay $40 for one hahaha

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #552 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 21:24:34 »
I think I bought two for $40 in a GB on here a while back? No more than $50 IIRC.

Can someone contact the buyer and let them know I have a red OG Cherry ESC key I'd like to sell them...

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #553 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 21:43:32 »
I think I bought two for $40 in a GB on here a while back? No more than $50 IIRC.

Can someone contact the buyer and let them know I have a red OG Cherry ESC key I'd like to sell them...
You might need to open an offshore account

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #554 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 02:29:31 »
I like orange alps but I hate blue alps am I normal?  :))

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #555 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 05:48:22 »
No :P .

But maybe you like lighter switches ;) .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #556 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 05:59:52 »

Can you tell me what a good converter for this chicony 5161?
it have xt/at cable

I don't know man but the more I type on it it feels better  :eek:

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #557 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 07:13:38 »

Can you tell me what a good converter for this chicony 5161?
it have xt/at cable

I don't know man but the more I type on it it feels better  :eek:
If you have a PS/2 port a cheap, simple AT-to-PS/2 adapter should work fine, if not you might want to invest in a proper converter, especially if you plan on getting more old boards. Orihalcon's are not cheap, but they're very good.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #558 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 07:15:35 »
That's my setup, just like chyros said. AT -> PS2 adapter. Then PS2 -> USB adapter.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #559 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 07:18:54 »
you might want to invest in a proper converter, especially if you plan on getting more old boards.

Or get seriously serious and build yourself one of these:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=58941.msg1348717#msg1348717

(and while you are in there, hook up the 5th wire from the AT socket to PD7 on the Teensy for the "reset" connection for DC-2014s and the like)
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).
- Scott Jansenn 2024-04-07

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #560 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 08:11:46 »
you might want to invest in a proper converter, especially if you plan on getting more old boards.

Or get seriously serious and build yourself one of these:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=58941.msg1348717#msg1348717

(and while you are in there, hook up the 5th wire from the AT socket to PD7 on the Teensy for the "reset" connection for DC-2014s and the like)
This is still on my to-do list. One day...

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline E3E

« Reply #561 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 09:30:43 »

Give your self some time, man! They are the kinds of switches that grow on ya!

If you have a PS/2 port a cheap, simple AT-to-PS/2 adapter should work fine, if not you might want to invest in a proper converter, especially if you plan on getting more old boards. Orihalcon's are not cheap, but they're very good.

Orihalcon's are amazing. I bought one for the expressed purpose of using NKRO with the DC-3014.

I'm not sure if all the steps in the conversion process or what create some sort of delay or if it's just in the polling rate of these vintage keyboards, but none of my vintage keyboards seem as snappily responsive as my modern keyboards. Press a key and there's a tiny fraction of a second delay (noticeable in rhythm games).On my Hammer Alps board for instance, it's more perceivable as instantaneous. :B

I do go straight to USB as I use a DTR laptop so I have no PS/2. :P

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #562 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 10:50:10 »
I spent a bunch of time this weekend making a number of different franken-alps switches by mixing in parts from newer matias switches (right now only quiet clicks, but I'm tempted to get some clicky switches and mess with those too).

Using the terminology that Platy originated I'm calling the process of mixing in matias qc components as "smoking" (due to the gray color of the slider).

I used Orange, Salmon and Damped Cream switches in two different configurations:
  • Partial Smoke - Replace the tactile leaf with a quiet click tactile leaf.
  • Full Smoke - Replace the tactile leaf and spring with the quiet click tactile leaf and spring
Additionally I make what I'll refer to as the "complicated quiet click" which swaps the entire guts of a quiet click into a damped cream saving only the complicated switchplate.

Overall I was actually really impressed with the results, with my three favorites being: Partially Smoked Orange, Fully Smoked Salmon, and the Complicated Quiet Click. 

Partially Smoked Orange - The slightly lighter spring along with the older model switchplate in the oranges made for a very nice compliment to the newer and crisper tactile leaf from the quiet click.

Fully Smoked Salmon - This was a super crisp and slightly aggressive switch. The combination of later model complicated switchplate, the quiet click's tactile leaf and the undamped slider makes for a super crisp and crunchy feel. I think in the long term it would actually be easier (and cheaper) to use SKCM Whites as the donor. I'll have to look into it.

Complicated Quiet Click - This and the fully smoked cream were pretty similar, but I prefer the dampeners on the quiet clicks (could be age related). The end result is a slightly less wobbly (the switchplate on a qc has only one touch point on the slider) and more consistent feeling quiet click.

I'm going to build my first Alps Party board with Complicated Quiet Clicks and see how I like it vs. my v60 with quiet clicks.

Action pic!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #563 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 11:36:49 »
Oooo, I like where this is going jbondeson

Offline mseaworthy

« Reply #564 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 11:38:02 »
Very cool hybridization. Charles Darwin would be proud.

Offline E3E

« Reply #565 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 11:44:18 »
I spent a bunch of time this weekend making a number of different franken-alps switches by mixing in parts from newer matias switches (right now only quiet clicks, but I'm tempted to get some clicky switches and mess with those too).

Using the terminology that Platy originated I'm calling the process of mixing in matias qc components as "smoking" (due to the gray color of the slider).

I used Orange, Salmon and Damped Cream switches in two different configurations:
  • Partial Smoke - Replace the tactile leaf with a quiet click tactile leaf.
  • Full Smoke - Replace the tactile leaf and spring with the quiet click tactile leaf and spring
Additionally I make what I'll refer to as the "complicated quiet click" which swaps the entire guts of a quiet click into a damped cream saving only the complicated switchplate.

Overall I was actually really impressed with the results, with my three favorites being: Partially Smoked Orange, Fully Smoked Salmon, and the Complicated Quiet Click. 

Partially Smoked Orange - The slightly lighter spring along with the older model switchplate in the oranges made for a very nice compliment to the newer and crisper tactile leaf from the quiet click.

Fully Smoked Salmon - This was a super crisp and slightly aggressive switch. The combination of later model complicated switchplate, the quiet click's tactile leaf and the undamped slider makes for a super crisp and crunchy feel. I think in the long term it would actually be easier (and cheaper) to use SKCM Whites as the donor. I'll have to look into it.

Complicated Quiet Click - This and the fully smoked cream were pretty similar, but I prefer the dampeners on the quiet clicks (could be age related). The end result is a slightly less wobbly (the switchplate on a qc has only one touch point on the slider) and more consistent feeling quiet click.

I'm going to build my first Alps Party board with Complicated Quiet Clicks and see how I like it vs. my v60 with quiet clicks.

Action pic!

Show Image

I love your experimentation here. I hate disassembling Alps because I insist on using toothpicks because I do not want to mar the housings, and I don't have any of the larger cocktail sticks that Chyros recommends. I should consider whittling down some chopsticks or something.

Fully smoked salmon sounds both delicious and pretty awesome as do the complicated quiet clicks.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #566 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 11:58:05 »
I hate disassembling Alps because I insist on using toothpicks because I do not want to mar the housings, and I don't have any of the larger cocktail sticks that Chyros recommends.
Flatten the ends of some cocktail sticks and you don't need to use the toothpicks (and you don't bend them out as far as you do with normal cocktail sticks - don't worry too much about that though, Alps can definitely take it ;) ). You can just stick them in and pull them out quickly again, takes the top housing with it. You can open switches in half a second like that.

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #567 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 12:08:33 »

I love your experimentation here. I hate disassembling Alps because I insist on using toothpicks because I do not want to mar the housings, and I don't have any of the larger cocktail sticks that Chyros recommends. I should consider whittling down some chopsticks or something.

Fully smoked salmon sounds both delicious and pretty awesome as do the complicated quiet clicks.

I open them all up by hand with my fingernails. After a few hundred it does hurt a little :D

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #568 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 12:26:39 »
Awesome mods, jbondeson. Thanks for sharing the info. I agree it would be cheaper to use whites instead of salmon, but "smoked whites" doesn't sound as cool.

For switch opening, it would be cool to have some kind of flat pliers that could simultaneously wedge open the clips and grip on the upper housing to aid in removal. Maybe something made out of a flat piece of spring steel.

My boards:
More

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #569 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 12:39:32 »

I open them all up by hand with my fingernails. After a few hundred it does hurt a little :D

Just use tweezers lol

Offline E3E

« Reply #570 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 12:45:46 »
Awesome mods, jbondeson. Thanks for sharing the info. I agree it would be cheaper to use whites instead of salmon, but "smoked whites" doesn't sound as cool.

For switch opening, it would be cool to have some kind of flat pliers that could simultaneously wedge open the clips and grip on the upper housing to aid in removal. Maybe something made out of a flat piece of spring steel.

Toasted marshmallows!

I hate disassembling Alps because I insist on using toothpicks because I do not want to mar the housings, and I don't have any of the larger cocktail sticks that Chyros recommends.
Flatten the ends of some cocktail sticks and you don't need to use the toothpicks (and you don't bend them out as far as you do with normal cocktail sticks - don't worry too much about that though, Alps can definitely take it ;) ). You can just stick them in and pull them out quickly again, takes the top housing with it. You can open switches in half a second like that.

Yes, I recall seeing this mentioned in another thread, haha. Yeah, I'll have to find an equivalent in using shaved down chopsticks or just go find some cocktail sticks. I've got quite a few chopsticks.

« Last Edit: Mon, 01 February 2016, 12:47:39 by E3E »

Offline frogthejam19

• Good Vibrations
« Reply #571 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 13:27:49 »
I want a blue alps board that I can harvest for the switches.
"All is Well"

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #572 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 13:34:26 »

Me too

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #573 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 13:49:10 »
I want an alps plate, but cant post to the classifieds, lol.
Mechmarket is a little dry for alps plates.

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #574 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 13:55:27 »
One interesting note (which i would show if I actually had a macro lens :rolleyes:) is that you cannot put a leaf from a complicated switch into a matias housing as the legs are ever so slightly longer on a complicated leaf.

Additionally, the matias switches has a nasty (and very thick) grease applied unevenly through the switches. So if you're going to do any of these frankenalps I'd suggest a very thorough cleaning of both switches and re-lubricating with a more alps-friendly lubricant.

Offline E3E

« Reply #575 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 14:10:32 »

Me too

You MONSTERS!

>:D >:D >:D

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #576 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 16:00:07 »

Me too

You MONSTERS!

>:D >:D >:D
What have these poor boards ever done to these people? D:

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #577 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 16:04:27 »
What have these poor boards ever done to these people?

They have frustrated us by attempting to force us to use impossibly annoying layouts while monopolizing precious switches.
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #578 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 16:05:22 »
I just want to be in the position of having more Blue SKCM Alps to decide whether or not I cannibalize them ;)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #579 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 16:13:18 »
decide whether or not I cannibalize them

I am starting to wonder whether click-modded orange might be as good or better, based on numerous comments.

After taking them apart, where they could be thoroughly examined for top specimens, then cleaned and lubed, I could easily see them being superior to raw blues in a questionable state.

Offline E3E

« Reply #580 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 16:20:24 »
decide whether or not I cannibalize them

I am starting to wonder whether click-modded orange might be as good or better, based on numerous comments.

After taking them apart, where they could be thoroughly examined for top specimens, then cleaned and lubed, I could easily see them being superior to raw blues in a questionable state.

Subjectivity is something that should be taken into consideration. Better is just a matter of perception. This is how hype trains get started.

Also take into account that the likelyhood for people to think positively of click modded oranges is high considering the high prices and scarcity of blues compared to orange Alps.

So it's easy to be biased and say "yep, these are much better! Screw trying to find blue Alps!'

That said, orange alps are quite good. :P

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #581 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 16:58:41 »
I love orange Alps. I click modded a couple loose ones during my lunch hour today and, at least loose, they feel pretty similar to blues. It's not really a loud click, just enough to reinforce the tactile bump. I'm convinced enough that I'm probably going to build my Alps Party ANSI board with click-modded oranges.

My boards:
More

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #582 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 17:05:10 »
I love orange Alps. I click modded a couple loose ones during my lunch hour today and, at least loose, they feel pretty similar to blues. It's not really a loud click, just enough to reinforce the tactile bump. I'm convinced enough that I'm probably going to build my Alps Party ANSI board with click-modded oranges.

Completely agree.  Blue Alps make a harsher click while click modded Orange Alps have a noticeable but less severe click.  They're almost like a smoother, more tactile, and more consistent MX white.

I've not been impressed with White Alps.  Then again, I don't like clicky switches.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #583 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 18:00:30 »
Yep I'm gonna harvest this board and make another board

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #584 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 19:24:36 »
One interesting note (which i would show if I actually had a macro lens :rolleyes:) is that you cannot put a leaf from a complicated switch into a matias housing as the legs are ever so slightly longer on a complicated leaf.
Why would you want to do that? The click/tactile leaves on Matias switches are great. The piece of complicated Alps switches which is unquestionably better than Matias switches is the switchplate, which is much expensive to produce but much more reliable electrically.

[Note, you can swap Matias click/tactile leaves into old Alps switches if you want.]
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 February 2016, 19:26:44 by jacobolus »

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #585 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 19:32:03 »

Why would you want to do that? The click/tactile leaves on Matias switches are great.

There was no desire on my part other than at the time having a safe place to have the complicated alp leaf. I just thought it was an interesting difference that I wasn't suspecting.

The piece of complicated Alps switches which is unquestionably better than Matias switches is the switch plate, which is much expensive to produce but much more reliable electrically.

[Note, you can swap Matias click/tactile leaves into old Alps switches if you want.]

Scroll up a few more to my post before that one ;)

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #586 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 12:51:58 »
I'm thoroughly convinced that Blues use some kind of black magic. Swapping the blue slider into a Matias Click feels the same as the original slider, but swapping the Matias into Blue housing does not feel the same. Yet the sliders look identical.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline E3E

« Reply #587 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 13:14:18 »
I'm thoroughly convinced that Blues use some kind of black magic. Swapping the blue slider into a Matias Click feels the same as the original slider, but swapping the Matias into Blue housing does not feel the same. Yet the sliders look identical.

Yeah, pretty much confirmed that blue Alps are the work of voodoo priests working at Alps in the mid 80s.

Just don't make em like that anymore!

-

On that note, see if orange or any other Alps-made sliders retain the feel of blue Alps if swapped in. If so, then it's likely just the plastic being different between Matias and Alps, with Alps likely just being higher quality.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #588 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 13:40:25 »

Yeah, pretty much confirmed that blue Alps are the work of voodoo priests working at Alps in the mid 80s.

-

On that note, see if orange or any other Alps-made sliders retain the feel of blue Alps if swapped in. If so, then it's likely just the plastic being different between Matias and Alps, with Alps likely just being higher quality.
First-generation Alps switches like Blues and Oranges appear to use a different plastic from all others afterwards. Originally they came lubed but of course that's quite expensive so it appears they moved to a different, low-friction plastic (POM?) for the second generation. As such, it would make sense that clicky Oranges feel much like Blues (except a little lighter) :) .

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #589 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 13:49:08 »
All the Alps sliders seem like POM to me, though I’m not an expert on plastics. I don’t think there’s any substantial difference in the material or slider quality between blue/salmon/white/orange/brown/green/yellow/etc. sliders. There are subtly different slider shapes between different switch types though.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #590 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 13:53:48 »
All the Alps sliders seem like POM to me, though I’m not an expert on plastics. I don’t think there’s any substantial difference in the material or slider quality between blue/salmon/white/orange/brown/green/yellow/etc. sliders. There are subtly different slider shapes between different switch types though.
That could be the case too, in that case they simply didn't bother lubing anymore at some point xD . Wish I had a TGA/DSC xD .

Offline E3E

« Reply #591 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 13:56:41 »
That could be the case too, in that case they simply didn't bother lubing anymore at some point xD . Wish I had a TGA/DSC xD .

Yeah, that dry film lube surely is interesting! My measurements for orange Alps were pretty much around 60g of force for actuation, where blues needed 65g. I've always thought of oranges as blues without the click, which makes them a bit more boring in my eyes. Click-modded ones would be fun for sure. :3

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #592 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 17:33:22 »
Do they use some watermelon and kfc to it?  :p

Offline Eugene45

« Reply #593 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 02:37:47 »
Do we use dry lube ? Or have someone a special mix ?

lmao, cut the French some slack, they gave you a big statue

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #594 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 07:17:24 »

I would like to hear the answer to this, also. I think that I may have to crack open and click mod my baggie of oranges for my next Alps project.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #595 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 09:51:13 »

I would like to hear the answer to this, also. I think that I may have to crack open and click mod my baggie of oranges for my next Alps project.
Well I can tell you first hand that the standard Krytox wet lube we're all used to for MX switches, does not feel very nice on click-modded oranges. It just makes it feel muffled. So it's gonna have to be some kind of dry lube, I just don't know enough about that stuff to weigh in.

My boards:
More

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #596 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 09:59:46 »

Definitely magic. And my fingers are happy for said voodoo. I lub SKCM Blues  :-X

Offline E3E

« Reply #597 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:52:34 »

Molybdenum disulfide powder is pretty good. I think a dry-film lube would work well too.

I agree with the notion that Alps switches do not need lubing unless they are scratchy to begin with. Don't fix it if it ain't broken.

That ol' Molly "B" Denim, though.  :thumb:

Offline frogthejam19

• Good Vibrations
« Reply #598 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:54:09 »
seems like everyone is now hoarding their blue alps boards.
"All is Well"

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #599 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 13:02:47 »
seems like everyone is now hoarding their blue alps boards.

People have always hoarded them, but now that they are ultra-hyped you have people buying them at ridiculous prices.