Author Topic: In remembrance: Smallfry aka Nathan W.  (Read 325839 times)

Offline tinlong117

Re: In remembrance: Smallfry aka Nathan W.
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 20:54:40 »
RIP. Smallfry.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #101 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 20:55:17 »
Don't even have words. Tragedies like this remind us all of how connected we all are, and how fragile and fickle life is. SmallFry will be missed heavily here for his outgoing and positive demeanor. This Clacks for you buddy.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #102 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 20:57:31 »
RIP buddy. SmallFry was a hell of a good kid who helped a lot of people. is there anything we can do as a community for his family?
there a lots of things, and we'll get to them. right now I/we/they/i don't even know need some time to process this. those who were close enough to be in communication with his family are; we'll go from there.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #103 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 21:02:06 »

I always loved this, still do.

Yes, we want more.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #104 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 21:09:14 »
ditto. will be my avatar now.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #105 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 21:10:00 »
26905-0

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #106 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 21:15:19 »
I had my fair share of run-ins with SmallFry. He was always a good sport, and I always explained that it was because he was so much a part of this community that he had to endure a little ribbing here and there. If not, who would really care? You always knew what SmallFry was about. He was honest and himself. He may have taken some heat for it, but it was all in good fun in the community. No one else could ever fill those young shoes here.

A new avatar, in tribute of SmallFry. Thanks for helping to make this place about more than keyboards; about being a place that we could just hang out, a home. And I know you were home here.

Offline balanar

« Reply #107 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 21:19:02 »
Oh my god. Just saw this. I rarely talked to SmallFry personally but he was always around on the forums and certainly was a person that seemed full of joy. Makes me ashamed of the things I waste time on instead of cherishing life.

Thank you for always being that cheerful dude on GH that everyone and anyone could talk to. God bless you buddy.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #108 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 21:22:45 »
(Attachment Link)

this one hit me hard. too hard. great job aggie.

people have been sending me messages throughout the day, but the repeated question is what great things can we do for him and his family and all the others who now miss him so dearly. my answer right now is i don't know; i'm sorry.

i'm going to have to sign off for the rest of the day. like i said and have been saying, we'll organize something great, something uniquely geekhack, but every time i come back to this thread right now i break down. sorry guys, need to do some offline processing.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline whiteduck

« Reply #109 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 21:31:16 »
This is so sad.  I never met SmallFry but it was impossible not to notice how great of a person he was.  Much love to his family.  You will be missed SmallFry!
<3
RIP
-wd
-wd

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #110 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 21:31:50 »
^ take some time Kawa. You'll feel better Soon™....
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
« Reply #111 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 21:34:17 »
!!!!!!. He was so young,  full of energy, and positive guy. I am really so sorry. My condolences to his family. Please let us know if we can send something to his family to show our respect.
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 June 2013, 21:45:08 by alaricljs »
[FS]☠ The temple lol ->HERE<-

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #112 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 21:38:04 »
Per the CaringBridge page, Memorial Remembrances -> Ronald McDonald House.

And if I may, Nate and his family are on the more religious side so if every one could eliminate the swearing?  We all express grief in our own ways, but first and foremost is respect.
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 June 2013, 21:46:18 by alaricljs »
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline zenuty

• WTS : Duck, Pla, Acrylic 3 Pokers
« Reply #113 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 21:48:29 »
Unbelivable....
He was Remember to me good friends.... forever....

Rest in Peace Smallfry.....

« Last Edit: Sat, 29 June 2013, 21:54:18 by zenuty »
LINE ID : zenuty
Skype ID : zenuty
www.facebook.com/zenuty

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #114 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 22:31:12 »
I was in shock when I read this and couldn't believe it. So I read it again and then I cried. It feels like I lost the little brother I never had.

Nate is an amazing kid who's energy and excitement inspired me to always do more for GH. I always enjoyed talking with him on IRC as he so much reminded me of a younger version of myself. We talked practically every day on IRC and half the time not even about keyboards. Football, music, circuit design, girlfriend advice, collage, getting out of trouble, playing jokes, keyboard deals and trades, community, secret projects and anything in between. I always enjoyed talking with him and still cannot believe this is real

I'm mad at myself that the M3 project wasn't completed for him to see and enjoy. It never would have happened without him and his input, information, & misdirection. So the M3 project will be stopped and restarted as some sort of tribute to SmallFry. I'm not sure of any details, but this isn't the thread to discuss that anyhow

Nate, I miss you my friend. I hope you can see how much you truly meant to so many people out there who you've never even met.

----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #115 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 22:36:57 »
I'm lost for words. I did not know him at all, but he was one of those who made this community great.
My condolences to his family.

Offline shadewolf

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #116 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 22:37:05 »
Never really had any interactions with SmallFry in my time here, but this is awful. RIP Nate, and my condolences to your family and friends.

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #117 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 22:40:43 »
Have been browsing this thread all night and I still can't believe it...

We all can agree that geekhack will never be the same without him.

Hall of fame - SmallFry

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #118 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 23:00:48 »
This will be the second person that I know online that has passed away.  R.I.P. Nate, you shall be missed by many.
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #119 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 23:33:38 »
This is a very sad day. I'm speechless

Wishing comfort and peace for his family.

Offline n0rvig

« Reply #120 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 23:35:14 »
Peace Smallfry.

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #121 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 23:37:51 »
I still don't know what to say or think, he helped when I first came to geek hack.

RIP Nathan

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
« Reply #122 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 23:50:58 »
Wow I honestly don't know what to say... this news is so sudden, im just in shock. I'm honestly tearing up. R.I.P. Small Fry :(
Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰_Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰ ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็_ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #123 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 23:57:48 »
This is my tribute board to Nate:

- We always joked that the Valentine's set was perfect for talking to girls about keyboards. Just show them that and say, "Hey, I'm big on Geekhack" as a pickup line.

- He traded me this orange R3 gamer set and some other things in return for a monitor I wasn't using anymore. He was so happy when he got that thing hooked up.

- When I first joined Geekhack, Smallfry took me under his wing and helped me learn about this community and about keyboards. I later joked that he was giving me my PHD in keyboards and called him my keyboard professor. When DanGWanG left GH, he was pretty broken up about it. He told me that to him, DanGWanG was his keyboard professor. I gave him one of the DanGWanG smileys after he told me that. The one on this board is one of the caps I have left from that buy.

- He loved Geekhack so much....so there's GeekHack all over the board. At the Chicago meet, we were talking about Head-Fi and other websites and he just sat there quietly listening. And then he just chimed in and said, "I like Geekhack" and we all just giggled and gave him some crap for his post count.

RIP Nate, I miss you already
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 July 2013, 00:19:12 by CPTBadAss »

Offline mushupork

• I am not knowing
« Reply #124 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 00:06:32 »
I probably would not have seen this if not for jdcapre's sig - thanks doesn't seem like the right word to use but I am glad jd has the message in his sig just the same.

While I had just a couple PMs with Smallfry it was very apparent in his many posts that not only did he love this site but he was a fun guy with a good sense of humor,  a lot of passion and he was very real.  I know it sounds naive but it is hard to believe this can happen to such a young person who was doing so much and gave so freely of their time.  This is so sad.  His influence here will be missed.
Wanted:  Windowed capslock for a QFR

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #125 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 00:14:33 »
My prayers go out to him and his family.  I hope they can see all the love and warm remembrance. 

RIP Nathan.
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
« Reply #126 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 00:19:11 »
This is my tribute board to Nate:

Show Image

- We always joked that the Valentine's set was perfect for talking to girls about keyboards. Just show them that and say, "Hey, I'm big on Geekhack" as a pickup line.

- He traded me this orange R3 gamer set and some other things in return for a monitor I wasn't using anymore. He was so happy when he got that thing hooked up.

- When I first joined Geekhack, Smallfry took me under his wing and helped me learn about this community and about keyboards. I later joked that he was giving me my PHD in keyboards and called him my keyboard professor. When DanGWanG left GH, he was pretty broken up about it. He told me that to him, DanGWanG was his keyboard professor. I gave him one of the 420 smileys after he told me that. The one on this board is one of the caps I have left from that buy.

- He loved Geekhack so much....so there's GeekHack all over the board. At the Chicago meet, we were talking about Head-Fi and other websites and he just sat there quietly listening. And then he just chimed in and said, "I like Geekhack" and we all just giggled and gave him some crap for his post count.

RIP Nate, I miss you already
That's a really nice board man. I really like it :)
Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰_Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰ ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็_ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 June 2013, 00:39:42 by Input Nirvana »
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline smknjoe

• I like tactile, clicky, switches.
« Reply #128 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 01:02:30 »
It was just yesterday, I was wondering why I hadn't seen him chirping in on this, that and the other...
A very sad day and truly a loss for are community.

I haven't been here in a while but
This was awful, shocking news to wake up to this morning.  SmallFry was a friend and a pillar of the community.  A young hacker in the best sense of the word -- curious, intelligent, generous, fun-loving, and community-minded.  Geekhack will miss him.

This ^  Smallfry is certainly a member that sticks out in my mind as memorable. This is very tragic news and I wish his friends and family well.
SSKs for everyone!

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #129 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 01:03:43 »
dying so young and that way... I didn't know SmallFry well, but that is not really supposed to happen. it's just... unfair. It makes you think. It could have been anyone of us.

Please take this as an opportunity to thank god or whatever you believe in that you made through the day, that you are healthy and that you can enjoy your time in something frivolous such as keyboards. Because the very cold truth is that there are no rules that dictate that you'll live your full life up to old age.

Offline tanilolli

• ಠ_ಠ
    • The Tech Zone Live
« Reply #130 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 01:15:20 »
Such a shame to go at that age. He was way too young to go :(
Leopold FC200RT/AB Cherry MX Browns

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
  • Cable maker and future engineer
« Reply #131 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 01:20:01 »
I have no words, only sadness for what has happened. My condolences go out to his family.
HHKB Pro 2   SmallFry Keyboard

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #132 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 01:22:23 »
Looking at the banner and I can't believe what I've seen.
I like him. Not much more I can say now..

Rest in peace...

Offline The_Ed

• Asperger's... SQUIRREL! I'm Anal Retentive *****!
« Reply #133 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 01:29:34 »
I just noticed the banner changed. That's a nice touch, and truly honors his memory.

I've sold him stuff in the past, but I didn't really know him. For someone to die at 16 is just wrong... I would like to know if it truly was an accident or an act of negligence on the part of the car driver. So many innocents have been taken by those who abuse their privilege to drive.
Reaper "frelled" me... Twice... Did he "frell" you too?... *brohug*
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #134 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 01:34:20 »
I'm sad to say that I didn't know him very well but he was always willing to give advice and his opinion which I respect highly.

My condolences go out to his family, friends, and the world who goes without his great mind and personality.

R.I.P. Smallfry (GeekHack will miss you)

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #135 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 01:38:44 »
I've been reading though this very thread all day (being and about) and didn't have a chance to get on the comp to pay my respects.

Although we never PM'd eachother, but he was always a very likable character and had a massive presence on these forums and his wealth of knowledge and willingness to assist others in this space made him a rare specimen.

There will be many of you he touched with his charm and personality in more ways than me, so I cannot imagine the heartache that some are pulling themselves through, but let me say that this unfortunate event will forever be remembered and it will unite the community and ultimately provide some sort of answer to his family in light of this tragedy.

RIP, may your spirit be with all those who have been touched by your brilliance

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #136 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 01:41:54 »
:(
He will be missed. GH and the IRC wouldn't be the same without him.

Offline Sai

« Reply #137 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 01:49:42 »
R.I.P Smallfry.
You were a great asset to the GeekHack community.
GH will miss you.  :(
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline madderoftime

« Reply #138 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 02:01:18 »
This saddens me greatly. Used to be somewhat immune to things of this sort years ago but now being a father of 3 that are just over that age makes this hit home. I've had a dozen or so people that I have known only through networks pass on and it's just as tragic as in person. When it's young people just starting to experience the great things this life can offer and their candle is cut short it can shake the very foundation of what you are doing in your own life.
I'm very new to GH and have been reading many threads from the beginning to get a grip on things here. I've read many of his posts. I already looked up to him and was getting to know him. We never talked but I feel like we talked many times a day for over a month. Even yesterday. I had to go check the dates because I couldn't believe it.
My heart goes out to his family in RL dealing with this hardship and the family he had here.
R.I.P Nathan, to us your light is still clear and full of joy but the shadow of grief weighs heavy on our shoulders at your passing.
GH60 Nevermore

Offline zzAaron

« Reply #139 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 02:02:06 »
I will always remember that thumbnail picture of SmallFry. To me, he was always just there, every post, his presence was always there. He truly had a dedication to keyboards and especially the GeekHack community. I first "met" him when I first joined Geekhack after the rootworm incident. After that, I continued to see his presence in every thread as I continued to learn from this website. He was always there giving advice  and help to everyone.

To die at such an early age is disheartening. Knowing that he was 2 years younger than you and that much more dedicated to something he loved just makes me sad. I have not accomplished anything significant in life but for him, he had helped this community grow and prosper.

Thanks for your dedication.
You will be missed.

RIP smallfry.

Ducky 9008G2 Browns, White Filco TKL Reds

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #140 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 02:04:48 »
 :'(

Offline Wraul

« Reply #141 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 02:17:11 »
Things like this should not happen :'(

Personally I never had any real contact with Smallfry.
But seeing how he was an active poster I have read many of his posts and seen his little avatar all over the place.
He will be greatly missed.

My condolences to the family.

Offline habitualapse

« Reply #142 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 02:19:34 »
Just seeing this now and it's so saddening. Rest in peace SmallFry.
Filco MJ2 Ninja Brown TKL

Offline nokcha

• * Vendor
  • www.Keypop.net [키팝.net]
« Reply #143 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 02:30:02 »
Sigh.... :[
I don't even know what to say.
My condolences to the family and friends.

RIP

Offline ikoma

« Reply #144 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 03:14:48 »
Didn't know him personally but nobody deserves to get their life cut short at such a young age.
RIP Smallfry
We will all join you soon.
QFR x2 | HHKB Pro2 | IBM Model M2 x2 | IBM Model M | Razer Blackwidow | NeXT Keyboard (Alps)

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #145 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 03:41:36 »
RIP SmallFry
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 June 2013, 07:40:55 by mkawa »
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #146 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 03:50:18 »
RIP SmallFry, you were a nice guy! ;_;

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #147 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 04:01:32 »
RIP Nate, your charisma and willingness to do things for the community will never be forgotten. I'm very very sad that he'll never get to see the Eagle Scout keys that I had made purely because he wanted them so badly. As he was distributing them to the people he collected orders for, I don't have the full info for those people, but I will obviously take over shipping those out. As I am absolutely sure Nathan wouldn't have bothered collecting money for them, (it just wasn't his style at all, but correct me if I'm wrong and he did,) I will be staying true to that and shipping them out free to those participants. I invoiced Smallfry about $15 for the keys (at cost) so Atakp if you could let me know whether I should refund it or not that'd be greatly appreciated. Its only $15 but if I can give that back to his family I'd feel a lot better about it. I'm just not sure how all that works with his family accessing his Paypal etc.

Again, my condolences go out to his family, I'm heading over to the Caring Bridge site now to leave my respects. T.T

Offline pitashen

« Reply #148 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 04:11:10 »
Was very nice of his father to inform his friends about the bad news on the internet. RIP. 
\\\\ DSI Mac Modular Keyboard (Brown) w/ Leo  Blank Keycaps //
\\\\ Leopold 87keys Keyboard (Brown) w/ Black CherryCorp + SP DoubleShots //
\\\\ Filco Majestouch 2 NINJA (Black) w/ White CherryCorp + SP DoublsShots //

Offline eRadicatedZomBiE

• It's OK, I'm A Doctor.
« Reply #149 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 04:41:56 »
For the short time that I've been apart of geekhack it seemed every topic I was researching or looking at he was there with his insight, I never knew the guy or spoke to him really, but when I saw this post, a wave of shock ran through me. RIP.
CM QFR | WASD V1 | Flico MJ2 LE Blue | Ducky 78 | Ducky DK9008G2 Pro LE  |Phantom |
Ergodox

My WTB Thread