Author Topic: Qfr v1 still in production?  (Read 3001 times)

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
Qfr v1 still in production?
« on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 21:45:52 »
I see the stealth is out. Sweet board. Just wondering if the v1 qfr is being fazed out or if it should be around for a while. I love these boards and want to get a green switch board eventually but its going to be a while until I have the funds.

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
Re: Qfr v1 still in production?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 17:43:40 »
Yes, it is still in production. All models will now come in black casings no matter the switch type. We just received our first batch of Black Cased rapids, as the channels sell out of the other you will see the transition take place, as well as updated photos.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 17:50:44 »
Ok thank you. Hopefully they do not have the QC issues that some of the stealths seem to be having.

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 17:58:22 »
Ok thank you. Hopefully they do not have the QC issues that some of the stealths seem to be having.

I was just in Taiwan visiting Costar to make sure we can deliver problem free product at the volumes you guys demand.

The stealth QC issue is very unfortunate... we have learned its caused by the factory actually over tightening the top cover which results in pressure spots on the board. Those pressure spots are what are causing certain switches not to actuate, a simple loosening of the top cover fixes the issue. It has been dealt with and will not be an issue in the future.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 21:27:31 »
Oh well thats good to know. Thanks Carter.