Author Topic: PBT Keycaps  (Read 3080 times)

Offline pixel5

• pixel5
PBT Keycaps
« on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 23:20:47 »
I saw a CM rep mention somewhere that PBT keycaps are a soon-coming thing. Do we know how soon? Are we talking next month or next year? And what kind of options is CM exploring for these?

I am hoping for blank white thick PBT's at a not-so-outrageous price.
Poker II

Quickfire Rapid
BUY MY CRAP

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
Re: PBT Keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 23:55:22 »
I don't know what's your purpose on getting pbt keycaps, but the pbt, while changing the tying experience, had a smaller effect than changing the profile and thickness of the keycap.

I went from normal oem keycaps (thin abs oem profile) to think pbt cherry profile (vortex ones) and the biggest change in the feel came from the profile and thickness. I also like the feeling of pbt, but it has a much less dramatic impact than changing profile and thickness.
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline pixel5

• pixel5
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 28 July 2013, 08:34:24 »
I don't know what's your purpose on getting pbt keycaps, but the pbt, while changing the tying experience, had a smaller effect than changing the profile and thickness of the keycap.

I went from normal oem keycaps (thin abs oem profile) to think pbt cherry profile (vortex ones) and the biggest change in the feel came from the profile and thickness. I also like the feeling of pbt, but it has a much less dramatic impact than changing profile and thickness.

That'd be why I want them :D
Poker II

Quickfire Rapid
BUY MY CRAP

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 28 July 2013, 08:50:28 »
Where did they mention that?

Offline pixel5

• pixel5
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 28 July 2013, 09:01:47 »
http://www.reddit.com/r/coolermaster/comments/1drf35/replacementalternative_keycaps/

That's one of them, I could swear there was one more recent that said 'soon'.
Poker II

Quickfire Rapid
BUY MY CRAP

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 16:34:21 »
Yes, we are working on tons of new concepts / ideas / materials for keycaps. Keep in mind there is quite a bit to get into with this and it would most likely be limited to North America at the start.

I would say beginning of next year is when you should start to see quite a few new things regarding accessories, keycaps & a couple of cool projects that may blow a few minds.