Author Topic: Consoles vs pc?  (Read 50559 times)

Offline yester64

Re: Consoles vs pc?
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 21:09:25 »
I don't think that one can say one is better than the other.
There are some games i really like and these are console titles. With Skyrim i had my hate feelings since it was intended to be used on a console rather than on a pc. I hated the menu with a passion.
On the pc are some of the finest games you can find especially older titles which i love to play.
In the end you will play on the platform where the games is available. But this is a discussion where people get very passionate about it. There is no right or wrong really.
Rosewill RK-9000BR (trashed)
WASD V1 Keyboard Cherry Blue w/40A Hardness O-Rings
Steelseries 6GV2 Red Cherry Switches

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 22:10:31 »
There are some games i really like and these are console titles. With Skyrim i had my hate feelings since it was intended to be used on a console rather than on a pc. I hated the menu with a passion.
On the pc are some of the finest games you can find especially older titles which i love to play.
In the end you will play on the platform where the games is available. But this is a discussion where people get very passionate about it. There is no right or wrong really.

I think we already established that PC was better overall for gaming for all the reasons already stated.  The reasons are real reasons too.  Not just "the menu in xyz is designed for console" or "xyz isn't available on PC".

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 02:28:49 »

I think we already established that PC was better overall for gaming for all the reasons already stated.  The reasons are real reasons too.  Not just "the menu in xyz is designed for console" or "xyz isn't available on PC".

LOL

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 10:37:03 »
Show Image

Doesnt matter. The reason that we dobt have nicer games is because of consoles.

Btw, battlefield isnt a real game ;)

It's true. The best PC games on the market are shallow husks of 'what if' thanks to consoles. Imagine how much better Dota2, Starcraft 2, Quake Live and CS:CZ would be without Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo ****ing things up.

I don't understand - what exactly did the consoles do to ruin Quake Live, a game which is actually just Quake III Arena and was made in 1999?

Sorry I had set the [sarcasm] tags to invisible

Sorry I forgot, internet is srs bzns

that gif is pretty awesome actually

It's not, but I've spent most of this thread saying that people should just play games and not worry about the system its on, figured it would be obvious I was talking nonsense as consoles have had almost nothing to do with most of those games.

I agree with you on the whole games thing, but I think a lot of the reason why people lambast consoles in this discussion is due to the consolification of Crysis 2, compared to the original Crysis. that game was definitely a victim of consoles, anyone who can't see that is deluding themselves. Same with RAGE.

Crytek are the problem not console's. I remember it very well, Crysis sold 2 million copies after a few months... it launched as a PC game that most people couldn't even runlet alone at a good frame rate, it took what, like 6 months or so before even the most insane rigs could run it at max?
Yet Crytek CEO still made some bull**** story about how pirates were running his company and forcing it onto consoles, that's the reason Crysis 2 is a console game.

The fact Crysis 2 is a meh game comes more from the fact the team has so little imagination and creativity that meant they were lost doing anything other than a Farcry reskin and graphics update.

WHO NEEDS CRYSIS? I JUST PLAY SIMCITY 2000, SOLITAIRE, AND AFTER DARK GAMES ON WINDOWS 98 AND I'M PERFECTLY FINE.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 10:46:35 »
Show Image

It's true. The best PC games on the market are shallow husks of 'what if' thanks to consoles. Imagine how much better Dota2, Starcraft 2, Quake Live and CS:CZ would be without Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo ****ing things up.

I don't understand - what exactly did the consoles do to ruin Quake Live, a game which is actually just Quake III Arena and was made in 1999?

It's not, but I've spent most of this thread saying that people should just play games and not worry about the system its on, figured it would be obvious I was talking nonsense as consoles have had almost nothing to do with most of those games.

I agree with you on the whole games thing, but I think a lot of the reason why people lambast consoles in this discussion is due to the consolification of Crysis 2, compared to the original Crysis. that game was definitely a victim of consoles, anyone who can't see that is deluding themselves. Same with RAGE.

Crytek are the problem not console's. I remember it very well, Crysis sold 2 million copies after a few months... it launched as a PC game that most people couldn't even runlet alone at a good frame rate, it took what, like 6 months or so before even the most insane rigs could run it at max?
Yet Crytek CEO still made some bull**** story about how pirates were running his company and forcing it onto consoles, that's the reason Crysis 2 is a console game.

The fact Crysis 2 is a meh game comes more from the fact the team has so little imagination and creativity that meant they were lost doing anything other than a Farcry reskin and graphics update.

WHO NEEDS CRYSIS? I JUST PLAY SIMCITY 2000, SOLITAIRE, AND AFTER DARK GAMES ON WINDOWS 98 AND I'M PERFECTLY FINE.

I PLAY MECHWARRIOR 4
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 10:47:02 »
Show Image

I PLAY MECHWARRIOR 4

MINESWEEPER IS BETTER
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 19:56:43 »
Show Image

I PLAY MECHWARRIOR 4

MINESWEEPER IS BETTER

And Solitaire?
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 September 2013, 20:00:41 by rowdy »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 20:07:12 »
G-Nome is better  :B8

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 20:15:27 »
Its the console nerds fault that we havent gotten a single good fps game in over 10 years. ;)

Also no games with good graphics due to everythibg have to be console enabled... but who cares really, we got keyboards.  :cool:

YEAH!  My primary problem with consoles is no keyboard.  Until I can usb my keyboard into a console, it's a non-starter for me.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 20:33:49 »
i use my xbox for netflix
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline yester64

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 21:48:23 »

Yes and no. I think it makes a difference if a game is designed for the console from the start and then later ported.

The pc had just a longer history of games. I am neither pro or contra. Mostly i play where it works best but i do prefer consoles for DRM since i like to avoid any DRM if i can. To some it doesn't matter perhaps.

Still, i am looking for a folloup on starflight. Totally the best game i ever played.
Rosewill RK-9000BR (trashed)
WASD V1 Keyboard Cherry Blue w/40A Hardness O-Rings
Steelseries 6GV2 Red Cherry Switches

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 22:09:29 »

I use my ps3 and wii for the same thing.
I only game on my pc

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 23:27:09 »

I only game on my pc

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 23:29:11 »

I only game on my pc

Show Image

true. but here's the problem (for me at least).

i get side tracked REALLY easily.

so right now im watching Derek.. but I also have 6 other tabs open and I'm still on the same episode of Derek I've been on for the past 2 hours because I keep pausing to look at other stuff.

with my xbox I just sit down and watch netflix since it can't do anything else without having to close the app.

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 23:34:48 »

I only game on my pc

Show Image

true. but here's the problem (for me at least).

i get side tracked REALLY easily.

so right now im watching Derek.. but I also have 6 other tabs open and I'm still on the same episode of Derek I've been on for the past 2 hours because I keep pausing to look at other stuff.

with my xbox I just sit down and watch netflix since it can't do anything else without having to close the app.

I don't know, sit on your hands while wearing horse blinders?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 23:36:24 »
nope!

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 23:38:10 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 00:15:18 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 00:29:11 »

I only game on my pc

Show Image

my gaming pc is in my office where I play games.
my wife uses the ps3 or wii to watch netflix in the other rooms.
I will let her use whatever she wants to use just to leave me be in my office.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 00:49:50 »

I only game on my pc

Show Image

my gaming pc is in my office where I play games.
my wife uses the ps3 or wii to watch netflix in the other rooms.
I will let her use whatever she wants to use just to leave me be in my office.

Courageous ;)

But wouldn't you have too much temptation and distraction when you are trying to work?

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 11:38:06 »
Show Image

I PLAY MECHWARRIOR 4

MINESWEEPER IS BETTER

And Solitaire?

Solitaire's pretty good too. And that's another reason to use Windows--it comes with both! Try and get that out of a Playstation.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 13:15:10 »
Windows 8.x does not come with them. You have to install them from the microsoft store.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 14:56:04 »
Windows 8.x does not come with them. You have to install them from the microsoft store.

who the hell uses windows 8?

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 15:02:06 »

who the hell uses windows 8?

:puke: (puke) PUKE URGH

My insides :(
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 15:08:49 »
It is required for my job.
same with server 2012 r2.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #75 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 03:42:22 »
It is required for my job.
same with server 2012 r2.

What the heck is your job? Windows 8 salesman?
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #76 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 04:10:57 »
Consoles for console stuff and PCs for everything else?

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #77 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 15:36:21 »
Woah, someone uses Windows 8?  Is it their first computer or something?

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #78 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 16:16:10 »
That would be me. And I've been using Windows since 3.1.

I installed it and liked the fluidity of it after I installed the Start Menu.

Problem?
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 16:52:59 »
That would be me. And I've been using Windows since 3.1.

I installed it and liked the fluidity of it after I installed the Start Menu.

Problem?

It's cool, it's popular to hate on Windows 8, so people do.

I've been using Windows 8 on my gaming rig since last October, and wouldn't ever go back to Windows 7
Keymacs A620N-Rev.A with Alps SKCM Salmon switches

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 16:54:43 »

I've been using Windows 8 on my gaming rig since last October, and wouldn't ever go back to Windows 7

Why?

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #81 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 17:14:30 »

Why?

Windows 8 is faster for me, I prefer the visual style of windows, and the only trouble I've had having any game to work was with GTA IV, and that was GFWL related and very easily resolved.

Why would I want to use Windows 7 over Windows 8?

also of note - I'm not using any kind of Start Menu replacement, and I don't miss it. In fact I much prefer the 'metro' start screen because it's way faster at providing search results.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #82 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 17:16:38 »
Console > PC apparently

GTA V

I'm crying. Wish I had a console.
I love Elzy

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #83 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 17:22:27 »

Why?

Windows 8 is faster for me, I prefer the visual style of windows, and the only trouble I've had having any game to work was with GTA IV, and that was GFWL related and very easily resolved.

Why would I want to use Windows 7 over Windows 8?

also of note - I'm not using any kind of Start Menu replacement, and I don't miss it. In fact I much prefer the 'metro' start screen because it's way faster at providing search results.

From my experience Windows 8 is faster than Windows 7 as well. I don't care for the Metro screen as it's pretty pointless (in my opinion) on a desktop, but whatever. The new task manager is great.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 16:44:05 »
WINDOWS 8 IS NOT FAST. WINDOWS 98 IS FAST. WINDOWS 2000 IS THE FASTEST THOUGH BECAUSE IT HAS THE HIGHEST NUMBER, WHICH SIGNIFIES HIGH SPEED. YOU NEED TO TRULY EXPERIENCE THE WONDERS OF WINDOWS 2000 BEFORE YOU CALL CRAP LIKE WINDOWS 8 "FAST".

WINDOWS 2000 WILL RUN ON A 486. WILL WINDOWS 8 DO THAT? NO!

WINDOWS 2000 COMES WITH BUILT-IN DRIVERS FOR MY CANON INKJET PRINTER. DOES WINDOWS 8 COME WITH THAT? NO!

WINDOWS 2000 DOESN'T TRY AND LOCK YOU OUT OF THE BUILT-IN ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT. DOES WINDOWS 8 DO THAT? NO!

WINDOWS 2000 CAN RUN INTERNET EXPLORER 6. DOES WINDOWS 8 DO THAT? NO!

« Last Edit: Wed, 18 September 2013, 16:46:22 by microsoft windows »

Offline Phedran

• Phedran.com
« Reply #85 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 17:19:03 »
I own a handful of consoles, but I usually stick to PC gaming, with the recent addition of Vita.

Offline Altis

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 17:34:47 »
I use my PC for gaming as most of the games I play are FPS or RTS.  A mouse is so precise compared to a controller for my needs.  You also probably already own/need a computer, whereas you don't actually need a console.

I have an xbox 360 which I got pretty much exclusively for Forza 4 (very good game), and the girlfriend likes console games because she likes more casual gaming (ie. from the couch).  Having said that, I find the selection of gaming peripherals (including wheel/pedal sets) to be vastly superior.

Not having to pay $60/year to watch Netflix would be nice too... every time xbox live goes down, I can't use Netflix.  Never again...
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 17:59:11 »
WINDOWS 8 IS NOT FAST. WINDOWS 98 IS FAST. WINDOWS 2000 IS THE FASTEST THOUGH BECAUSE IT HAS THE HIGHEST NUMBER, WHICH SIGNIFIES HIGH SPEED. YOU NEED TO TRULY EXPERIENCE THE WONDERS OF WINDOWS 2000 BEFORE YOU CALL CRAP LIKE WINDOWS 8 "FAST".

WINDOWS 2000 COMES WITH BUILT-IN DRIVERS FOR MY CANON INKJET PRINTER. DOES WINDOWS 8 COME WITH THAT? NO!

WINDOWS 2000 DOESN'T TRY AND LOCK YOU OUT OF THE BUILT-IN ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT. DOES WINDOWS 8 DO THAT? NO!

8 is a bigger number than 2, and 0 is nothing, so 8 wins.

Anyway Windows 2000 is really version 5 or something like that.

Offline morflleh

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 18:02:56 »
PC.  They're only limited by how much money you want to spend and don't have console exclusives that only exist as incentives for buying crippled hardware.
PCs can also emulate games for most consoles anyway.

Why are consoles crippled?

*Can't upgrade hardware
*Can't run most software
*Can't modify your game files
*Limited communications
*Limited peripherals
*Limited selection of games compared with PC
*Little to no free-to-play, homebrew, or indie
*Peripherals are console specific
*Software is console-specific
*Software is usually locked to a physical object to prevent copying
*Limited ability to run multiple programs or apps at the same time
*Consoles are not easily repairable
*FPS controls are better on PC

Basically consoles are meant to be disposable entertainment for children or people who don't have a decent PC.  The next console version comes out and suddenly your entire console, games, accessories, and peripherals are useless.

I don't even know why there is still debate over console versus PC.  If you can afford a PC, get one.  It will save you money in the long run and games will be more enjoyable.

*Steam sales

ftfy

+1
MOBA and FPS more more better in pc
steam rule the world lol
Leopold FC700R
Pure Pro

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #89 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 08:23:46 »

YOU ARE WRONG

THE NUMBER "2000" IS OVER 200 TIMES LARGER THAN THE NUMBER "8". WINDOWS 2000 IS ALSO MUCH BETTER THAN WINDOWS 8, AND A MILLION TIMES THAN MAC OS X (Mega-Awful Crap Operating System X).

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #90 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 08:32:39 »

YOU ARE WRONG

THE NUMBER "2000" IS OVER 200 TIMES LARGER THAN THE NUMBER "8". WINDOWS 2000 IS ALSO MUCH BETTER THAN WINDOWS 8, AND A MILLION TIMES THAN MAC OS X (Mega-Awful Crap Operating System X).

You completely missed his point...

Windows 2000 is the OS name, not the OS version.  The true version of Windows 2000 is NT 5.0.  Anything newer has a higher version number, and therefore by your logic of "a bigger number is a faster OS" Windows 8 would be the fastest OS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_NT

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now to get this thread back on topic...

Wii's and Gamecubes are the only consoles I use regularly, only because I hacked both of them.

Ray no pay! (for games)
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 September 2013, 08:36:41 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #91 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 09:05:30 »

YOU ARE WRONG

You completely missed his point...

Windows 2000 is the OS name, not the OS version.  The true version of Windows 2000 is NT 5.0.  Anything newer has a higher version number, and therefore by your logic of "a bigger number is a faster OS" Windows 8 would be the fastest OS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_NT

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now to get this thread back on topic...

Wii's and Gamecubes are the only consoles I use regularly, only because I hacked both of them.

Ray no pay! (for games)

YOU ARE BEING COMPLETELY ILLOGICAL! NO ONE CAN DENY THAT THE NUMBER 2000 IS LARGER THAN THE NUMBER 8. WINDOWS 2000 IS ALSO FASTER THAN WINDOWS 8.

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #92 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 09:10:28 »

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #93 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 09:13:52 »
Show Image

SO THE PURPLE FONT IS LARGER THAN THE GREEN ONE. BUT 2000 IS STILL A LARGER NUMBER BECAUSE IT SIGNIFIES HIGHER SPEED AND GREATER QUANTITIES.

WINDOWS 2000 IS ALSO SUPERIOR TO WINDOWS 8. PERIOD. DOT.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #94 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 09:20:08 »
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 09:44:58 »

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #96 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 09:50:58 »
Windows 3.1 < Windows Me < Windows 95 <  Windows Vista < Windows 8 < Windows 98 < Windows 2000 < Windows XP < Windows 7
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 September 2013, 09:52:35 by PointyFox »

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 09:53:27 »
tp thread is tp thread

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #98 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 09:53:58 »
The only reason console can be more interesting to play on than a computer is for games that you want to play multiplayer at the same physical place. BUT, if they only developed some cool gadgets to enable your computer to connect to you tv with a plug for 4 controllers, then there would be no more reason for that.

Also, whatever you say, a decent computer for gaming cost more than a console and has to be upgraded more often. So if you are ok with the quality you get (and for many games it's all ok) then a console has some good sides.

But I am much more a pc gamer than a console gamer since the end of my super nintendo!
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 09:57:15 »
The only reason console can be more interesting to play on than a computer is for games that you want to play multiplayer at the same physical place. BUT, if they only developed some cool gadgets to enable your computer to connect to you tv with a plug for 4 controllers, then there would be no more reason for that.

Also, whatever you say, a decent computer for gaming cost more than a console and has to be upgraded more often. So if you are ok with the quality you get (and for many games it's all ok) then a console has some good sides.

But I am much more a pc gamer than a console gamer since the end of my super nintendo!

It's called a small PC with a USB hub.

Also a PC costs less to upgrade than a console does.  When you upgrade a console, it usually involves buying a new, better one and tossing out all your games and peripherals.