Author Topic: Riots in Saint Louis!  (Read 27219 times)

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
Riots in Saint Louis!
« on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 13:14:30 »
I'm glad they were on the opposite side of the city from me!  Things got pretty crazy last night..

http://www.kmov.com/special-coverage-001/Reports-Ferguson-protests-turn-violent-270697451.html

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Riots in Saint Louis!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 13:16:09 »
I got excited at first I thought this guy http://geekhack.org/index.php?action=profile;u=32568, moved. :(

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 13:21:15 »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 13:22:14 »
Crazy stuff man.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 13:25:12 »
i read something about how anonymous are going to release all personal info of the police officers if the officers play dirty
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 13:36:39 »
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 01:17:08 »
More tonight.. haven't heard about any looting going on tonight tho.

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 08:18:43 »
My heart goes out to Mike Brown's family. I hope that Ferguson PD is held responsible for their actions.
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 08:35:28 »
This is a riot.  Take note, Minneapolis.  A crowd standing in the street after a huge sporting event is *not* a riot.

Scary stuff, I hope everyone's alright after that.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 08:43:00 »

This is a riot.  Take note, Minneapolis.  A crowd standing in the street after a huge sporting event is *not* a riot.

Scary stuff, I hope everyone's alright after that.
they were probably killed in an act of self defense, apart from the white men with assault rifles, they were just innocent onlookers practising the constitution and being free like everyone else.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 08:49:47 »
Uhh... I'm still in NYC actually.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 09:04:28 »
No you aren't... look at #Ferguson on twitter! 

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 17:19:10 »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 02:04:14 »
Pretty sad that so few people have posted about this. As a European I can't belive what is happening and that the police openly break the law, stop people filming them (which is an American constitutional right) and openly attack peaceful protesters with year gas and rubber bullets.

I think it says a lot about Geekhack, a website that professes to be, and seems to be made up of Americans.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 August 2014, 03:21:26 by baldgye »

Offline osi

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 07:10:43 »
Pretty sad that so few people have posted about this. As a European I can't belive what is happening and that the police openly break the law, stop people filming them (which is an American constitutional right) and openly attack peaceful protesters with year gas and rubber bullets.

I think it says a lot about Geekhack, a website that professes to be, and seems to be made up of Americans.

Cops murdering civilians?? We are used to it here in 'murica. Sadly, not really news

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 07:42:22 »

Unfortunately, everything you've described is pretty typical.  It happens during every single peaceful protest that I've heard of, so I'm not surprised it's happening here.

Hell, my friend got shot with a rubber bullet and thrown in a cop car for walking home during the "riots" this year in Minneapolis.  He just happened to live right in Dinkytown, so he was basically screwed.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 08:34:30 »
Al Sharpton has arrived to settle things down.  :thumb:

This all reminds me of a joke about the L.A. Riots.

Protestor: "No Justice No Peace! No Justice No Peace! No Justice No Peace!"
(Protestor makes downward hand motions, as if rummaging through something)
(Protestor pauses, looks confused and slightly perturbed.)
Protestor: "... no Mediums?"

What would the proper course of action be? I don't know... peacefully protest during the day (as has been requested) and wait for the investigation to conclude? Since no one really knows what happened to the young man who was killed, doesn't it make sense to wait and find out before coming to a conclusion?

Also, some members of the community are clamoring for the name of the officer -- why does that matter? So he can be threatened?

Why is that when a black person kills another black person, there are no protests, no huge media coverage, and Al Sharpton doesn't descend from Racial Arsonist Heaven to adjudicate? Black-on-black crime is every bit as heinous and horrible and far more prevalent, but since there's no racist angle, no one cares.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 August 2014, 08:37:09 by Krogenar »
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline osi

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 08:59:37 »
Al Sharpton has arrived to settle things down.  :thumb:

This all reminds me of a joke about the L.A. Riots.

(Protestor makes downward hand motions, as if rummaging through something)
(Protestor pauses, looks confused and slightly perturbed.)
Protestor: "... no Mediums?"

What would the proper course of action be? I don't know... peacefully protest during the day (as has been requested) and wait for the investigation to conclude? Since no one really knows what happened to the young man who was killed, doesn't it make sense to wait and find out before coming to a conclusion?

Also, some members of the community are clamoring for the name of the officer -- why does that matter? So he can be threatened?

Why is that when a black person kills another black person, there are no protests, no huge media coverage, and Al Sharpton doesn't descend from Racial Arsonist Heaven to adjudicate? Black-on-black crime is every bit as heinous and horrible and far more prevalent, but since there's no racist angle, no one cares.

Even with Al Sharpton on site (who wouldn't expect this??), the problem here is much more than a race issue. This is about a police officer murdering an unarmed kid then leaving his body uncovered for hours. This is about human rights and obvious abuse of power.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 09:25:34 »
Even with Al Sharpton on site (who wouldn't expect this??), the problem here is much more than a race issue. This is about a police officer murdering an unarmed kid then leaving his body uncovered for hours. This is about human rights and obvious abuse of power.

How do you know that? Because you know the officer was white, and the person who ended up dead was black? They're investigating the homicide. If it turns out that the officer was in the wrong, he should (and will be) punished accordingly. If it turns out that the victim was unarmed and was shot anyway, then that's a serious problem. But again, we'll have to wait to find out the actual circumstances -- nothing about the case is 'obvious' except that race-baiting makeup-less clowns like Sharpton are ready to exploit the situation.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline osi

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 09:33:01 »

How do you know that? Because you know the officer was white, and the person who ended up dead was black? They're investigating the homicide. If it turns out that the officer was in the wrong, he should (and will be) punished accordingly. If it turns out that the victim was unarmed and was shot anyway, then that's a serious problem. But again, we'll have to wait to find out the actual circumstances -- nothing about the case is 'obvious' except that race-baiting makeup-less clowns like Sharpton are ready to exploit the situation.

I don't know for sure but you're right :

[Police said Brown <victim>, who was unarmed, was shot multiple times Saturday after being confronted by a white officer..]

Quote was pulled from a huffpost article, a liberal outlet--take it as you will

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 09:36:30 »
So from what I've read...

The cops story is brown slammed the cop car door as the cop was trying to get out then brown reached in and tried to get the cops gun causing Brown to be shot in the process.

Brown's friends story is they were walking along, cops were harassing them and just shot Brown for no reason.

I have no idea where the truth is but I'd say it is between those two scenarios.

Offline iri

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 09:37:14 »
Cops murdering civilians?? We are used to it here in 'murica. Sadly, not really news
Unfortunately, everything you've described is pretty typical.  It happens during every single peaceful protest that I've heard of, so I'm not surprised it's happening here.
cops murdering unarmed civilians and using tear gas on journalists is "pretty typical" and "not really news"?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 09:41:22 »
cops murdering unarmed civilians and using tear gas on journalists is "pretty typical" and "not really news"?

You gotta remember hoffman is talking about that awful gangland center called Minneapolis.

photo proof from those riots

74462-0

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 09:41:33 »

The cops story is brown slammed the cop car door as the cop was trying to get out then brown reached in and tried to get the cops gun causing Brown to be shot in the process.

Brown's friends story is they were walking along, cops were harassing them and just shot Brown for no reason.

I have no idea where the truth is but I'd say it is between those two scenarios.

Well that narrows it down.

I think the best thing to do is to give the police all equipment the army dsnt need and then allow them to storm with tear gas and rubber bullets peaceful protest. Then what they should do is attack journalists reporting on the police and the protestors and ban all non police aircraft in the area.
Sounds reasonable.

Seems pretty clear that this town and America generally still has pretty large race problems, but the way the police have essentially treated it like a war zone and acted like they are invading said town is insane and makes zero sense.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 09:43:31 »

I think the best thing to do is to give the police all equipment the army dsnt need and then allow them to storm with tear gas and rubber bullets peaceful protest. Then what they should do is attack journalists reporting on the police and the protestors and ban all non police aircraft in the area.
Sounds reasonable.

Seems pretty clear that this town and America generally still has pretty large race problems, but the way the police have essentially treated it like a war zone and acted like they are invading said town is insane and makes zero sense.

I blame the president. But he's black so that must be racist. :/

Also I'm not disagreeing the entire government system is screwed up.

And if the news headline would have been 'Local resident shoots police officer dead.', would anybody have even noticed or cared?
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 August 2014, 09:48:05 by SpAmRaY »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 10:00:16 »

Sounds reasonable.

Also I'm not disagreeing the entire government system is screwed up.

And if the news headline would have been 'Local resident shoots police officer dead.', would anybody have even noticed or cared?

You been read the stats that have been posted on news sites? I think I read on the Huffington Post (?) that in the last year 90%~ of stop and searches where on black people (in a community of a 60-40 black-white split) and of those people stopped only 20%~ where then arrested, compared with the 10%~ of whites that where stopped 30%~ where arrested.

Obviously stats can be manipulated to make a point but with so many American news outlets focusing on those kinds of figures and with the people protesting there is definitely an issue, even if its just perceivement.

...I'd say probably...

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 10:03:56 »
Here is what I don't get about riots.  Somebody gets shot and killed, and they happen to be different races.  The victim was unarmed.  A bad situation, no matter how you look at.  Some individuals made some poor decisions and there is more to the story than what will be revealed by the witnesses.

So the pissed off people decide to start looting businesses, setting stuff on fire, and generally destroying stuff.  I know they are mad about the injustice, but why does their anger have to evolve into theft and destruction of other people's property?  How does the shooting of an unarmed teen justify ruining the lives of people you never met?  What does that solve?

The media doesn't help.  They just fuel the fire by not reporting all the information.

Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 10:05:09 »

Across the whole of the country, yes.  However, if a cop murdered an unarmed civilian where I am, it would be huge news.  But in some of the more corrupt cities, it's fairly common.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying that it is pretty typical.  When I read about some horrible thing a cop does in LA (for example), I'm honestly not surprised.

Offline osi

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 10:08:39 »
Oh yeah - there's always been race a problem. St. Louis having a particular aversion to equality -- a white/black line anyway.

Not racist but probably unfounded. He was probably playing golf somewhere anyway

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 10:10:13 »
The media doesn't help.  They just fuel the fire by not reporting all the information.

The media isn't there to help, its there to report on what is happening. After the rioting and looting (which was similar to what happened in the UK not so long ago), the Police in the area essentially banned filming and reporting of any kind which goes against one of your constitutional rights (you know, like the one that allows you to own guns that is lauded about so much) and actively arrested and attacked the media reporting.

The image I posted above is a good example of this. The Police, dressed in military gear, tear gassing Al Jazeera and then moving in with gas masks and taking there equipment apart.

Not racist but probably unfounded. He was probably playing golf somewhere anyway

Isn't he on holiday?

Offline osi

« Reply #33 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 10:12:41 »
Also keep in mind all of these fatty cops are mostly OFF DUTY right now. So they are making at least double time to "stand guard" and harass the general public. Taking facebook photos seems to be ok too. Tax dollars well spent by the local citizens there I must say!!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 10:12:44 »
Meanwhile in small town nowhere a white girl was killed by her white boyfriend who happened to formerly work for the cops, she was dead for hours before the cops came and they did absolutely nothing to the guy.  :-\ :-X

Also keep in mind all of these fatty cops are mostly OFF DUTY right now. So they are making at least double time to "stand guard" and harass the general public. Taking facebook photos seems to be ok too. Tax dollars well spent by the local citizens there I must say!!

Yeah did everyone notice the sneakers and jeans many of the cops had on?

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 10:31:50 »
You been read the stats that have been posted on news sites? I think I read on the Huffington Post (?) that in the last year 90%~ of stop and searches where on black people (in a community of a 60-40 black-white split) and of those people stopped only 20%~ where then arrested, compared with the 10%~ of whites that where stopped 30%~ where arrested.

From here: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/21/family-secret-what-the-left-wont-tell-you-about-bl/
Today blacks are about 13 percent of the population and continue to be responsible for an inordinate amount of crime. Between 1976 and 2005 blacks com­mitted more than half of all murders in the United States. The black arrest rate for most offenses — including robbery, aggravated assault and property crimes — is still typically two to three times their representation in the population. Blacks as a group are also overrepresented among persons arrested for so-called white-collar crimes such as counterfeiting, fraud and embezzlement. And blaming this decades-long, well-documented trend on racist cops, prosecutors, judges, sentencing guidelines and drug laws doesn’t cut it as a plausible explanation.

“Even allowing for the existence of discrimination in the criminal justice system, the higher rates of crime among black Americans cannot be denied,” wrote James Q. Wilson and Richard Herrnstein in their classic 1985 study, “Crime and Human Nature.” “Every study of crime using official data shows blacks to be overrepresented among persons arrested, convicted, and imprisoned for street crimes.” This was true decades before the authors put it to paper, and it remains the case decades later.

This is a cultural problem, not a racial one. In my own experience, I've seen people of color from Africa who can just barely speak English raise children that speak English, and have close to a zero percent chance of criminality. One generation and they're successful in America. What's the difference? A racist in the system cannot tell by looking if a black person was born in America or born in Africa -- and likely wouldn't care! And yet, Africans newly arrived to this country, that I know personally, seem to overcome the systemic racism. To me, the problem is cultural. African immigrants don't have the chip on their shoulder than African-Americans hoist, and they get ahead.
More

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #36 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 10:35:18 »
sue
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 10:46:10 »
LAPD just murdered (execution style) a black dude about 2 blocks from my house also.

Dude was on the ground when the officer shot him.

Police State USA. Black man season and the pigs all have their hunting license.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 10:50:46 »
LAPD just murdered (execution style) a black dude about 2 blocks from my house also.

Good thing you all got guns (Americans) so you can rise up if your government tries to stop your FREEDOM... oh wait no, that's not why you have guns is it... my bad...

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 10:53:45 »
California is sadly a nanny state when it comes to guns.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 August 2014, 12:29:11 by SpAmRaY »

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #41 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 12:37:40 »
California is sadly a nanny state when it comes to guns.

Ah, first post I've seen from demik in awhile.  Good to have you back.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline jalaj

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 12:59:40 »
Due to my mild dyslexia, I initially read the title as ribs in saint louis.
Clicked on the thread hoping to have some salivating, inducing discussion.
NOPE.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 13:01:59 »
Due to my mild dyslexia, I initially read the title as ribs in saint louis.
Clicked on the thread hoping to have some salivating, inducing discussion.
NOPE.
if only the cops threw a bbq instead of gunning down blacks and teargassing people that think that's ****ed up
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline osi

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 13:11:52 »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 13:18:01 »

Good thing you all got guns (Americans) so you can rise up if your government tries to stop your FREEDOM... oh wait no, that's not why you have guns is it... my bad...

You seem to have some grudge against America.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 13:22:49 »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #47 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 14:25:20 »

What makes you say that?
I think it's a pretty fair statement to make. Why else where Americans given the right to arm themselves? Isn't it what the NRA says everytime someone goes on a 'CoD induced rampage' at a school once a year?

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 14:51:14 »

What makes you say that?
I think it's a pretty fair statement to make. Why else where Americans given the right to arm themselves? Isn't it what the NRA says everytime someone goes on a 'CoD induced rampage' at a school once a year?

Well okay let's be fair here.
We were given the 2nd amendment because of you guys.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #49 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 12:25:52 »
So anyone seen the photos from the store surveillance system that appears to show the guy who got shot robbing a place right before?