Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 86410 times)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline BlueNalgene

Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #201 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 11:53:48 »
Last night I went from stuttering in lighting at low settings to 60 fps at ultra.  Did you know that this game is pretty?  I didn't.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #202 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 11:37:40 »
For anyone that has messed with their .ini's to fix the mouse acceleration and FOV, can someone just send me all three files? For some none of the changes are working (and I make sure to set everything to read-only)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #203 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 12:03:38 »
I named my character Murdoch because I forgot it's spelled Murdock from the A-Team.  Sadly they can't say that name.

I spent so much time setting up my home base...only thing is, I have no clue how to get the power working.

And I found Power Armor and a Fat Boy already.  Part of me is now scared about what that says about the enemies.

I spent hours on my two bases as well. Gotta hit "Space" on the generators to drag a cable to the item that needs power. There is usually a spot that turns white, showing the cable will connect.

<- My Collection (so far)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #204 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 12:17:04 »
Yeah, I figured out how to do the wire a bit ago.  Bases are such a PITA.  I wish there was an option to let the AI autobuild the base and manage it.  It takes forever to get things set up, crops often won't grow even with people assigned to them, trying to select stuff is often buggy as hell and you won't be able to highlight something unless you get just the right angle, and so on.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #205 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 12:27:19 »
Yeah, I figured out how to do the wire a bit ago.  Bases are such a PITA.  I wish there was an option to let the AI autobuild the base and manage it.  It takes forever to get things set up, crops often won't grow even with people assigned to them, trying to select stuff is often buggy as hell and you won't be able to highlight something unless you get just the right angle, and so on.

Yeah, needs a few updates before the full fun-potential of base building will be realized I think

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #206 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 12:40:00 »

I just turned on god mode so that I could have unlimited resources to build a cool base :)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #207 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 12:44:40 »

I just turned on god mode so that I could have unlimited resources to build a cool base :)

"aint nobody got time for this S***"

~

tgm

~

PROFIT

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #208 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 12:48:39 »

~

tgm

~

PROFIT

Pretty much! :)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #209 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 12:50:57 »

~

tgm

~

PROFIT

Pretty much! :)

wont lie, that is pretty much how I play the game.  :p

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #210 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 13:06:51 »
I'd do that, but I hate cheating this early in a game.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #211 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 13:08:08 »
I'd do that, but I hate cheating this early in a game.

i did beat the main storyline without cheating, but didnt really do many side missions at all. I started over, cheating from the get-go though just to screw around with the game.   :rolleyes:

Offline gazeddy

« Reply #212 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 14:32:19 »
fusion cores dont seem to be completely single use. you need to either make or get given the jet pack. it seems to be recharging my fusion cores quite quickly

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #213 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 14:34:04 »
fusion cores dont seem to be completely single use. you need to either make or get given the jet pack. it seems to be recharging my fusion cores quite quickly

uh, jetpack? what is this madness you speak of?!?!

Offline gazeddy

« Reply #214 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 14:47:17 »
power armor mod in the vanilla game either finish story as BOS or make it at a power armor station

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #215 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 16:26:53 »

uh, jetpack? what is this madness you speak of?!?!

torso mod on power armor - you can make it at a power armor station if you have the prerequisite perks

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #216 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 15:02:20 »
I kind of lost interest in the game after beating the main questline. At first I didn't realize the settlement quests were endless and was stuck doing an endless loop of them, don't have any other quests and don't really want to go looking for some. Looks like I'm just going to be waiting for the add-ons now.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #217 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 19:00:43 »
I kind of lost interest in the game after beating the main questline. At first I didn't realize the settlement quests were endless and was stuck doing an endless loop of them, don't have any other quests and don't really want to go looking for some. Looks like I'm just going to be waiting for the add-ons now.

Took me a while to realize the same thing

#*$# off Preston

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #218 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 19:09:33 »

#*$# off Preston

"I just got word of another settlement that needs our help"

* Ghoul/Raider Troubles at Sanctuary Hills

"Did the Minutemen send you?"

"A nearby pack of ghouls/raiders has been giving us trouble."

* Clear the Ghouls/Raiders at National Guard Training Yard

« Last Edit: Tue, 08 December 2015, 19:14:43 by jerue »

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #219 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 19:16:51 »

#*$# off Preston

"I just got word of another settlement that needs our help"

* Ghoul/Raider Troubles at Sanctuary Hills

"Did the Minutemen send you?"

Show Image

"A nearby pack of ghouls/raiders has been giving us trouble."

* Clear the Ghouls/Raiders at National Guard Training Yard

Show Image

I have cleared the same place over and over and over

Preston should really do more of this himself since he is actually incapable of dying

Offline jerue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #220 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 09:36:23 »
Well then...just finished playing through every faction in FO4. This has been interesting...if you want to see my thoughts (from the moment you change allegiances) I'll post them w/spoiler tags

The Institute:
More

Decent. Mass Fusion is boring. Make sure to kill the Assaultrons and Sentry Bots for some sweet junk and a few fusion cores. When it comes time to hack Liberty Prime, just use synth grenades at each stairwell and take a nap. Elder Maxson flew away in a Vertibird (despite me shooting it down) so I had zero time to find his body and get Final Judgement :(

This ending felt the most canon to me. It was kind of nice having a good conversation with Father/Shaun in his final moments, and learning that he reprogrammed the Synth to be him at 10yrs of age. I know, Sole Survivor thinks its been 10 years since the war, but why not just make a baby synth and go back to the way things were pre-war with Shaun as a baby? 

And why did they really make Father say "I'd like to go to sleep now." ? ? ? Seriously? Weak sauce.             

Anyways, I didn't encounter many bugs during the final questline (Mass Fusion and beyond). it was AFTER. Dear god...why...

First, the battle music would not stop playing after I said goodbye to Shaun. Even fast travelling did not change the music. I had to turn the radio off and on again to fix this issue.

Secondly, there is a bug (according to the Wikia site a known one) where you cannot give Shaun the first junk item he asks for. This renders him unable to build the Wazer Wifle...great...good thing I found the prototype already.

This ending feels really weak. You're director of the Institute, and you get to do nothing but radiant quests AKA do other people's jobs. There's nothing to stand for it, and everyone else is gone. Well...except the farmers I guess. And a more paranoid Diamond City... I don't recommend this ending. 5/10

Brotherhood of Steel
More

This ending was admittedly the most badass of them all. But there seems to be a major glitch (at least for me), when trying to direct Liberty Prime to attack the Institute. Prime just kept walking into the BOS barrier at the airport no matter where I went. I had to fast travel (I chose Prydwen) and just jumped off the side in my power armor. It was still doing it...then somehow the game fixed it and I continued the quest as normal. I think this was the only major hiccup in the ending quest line.

Since you can't kill Elder Maxon you can't get Final Judgement...but I think you unlock T60-MK VI armor, and that sweet jetpack...I like to think it functions as Jet and drains all of your AP and fusion cores. Better have the Action Boy perk leveled up...I only like the jetpack using God Mode and collision disabled...fly anywhere for DAYS like a jetpack from a Sci-Fi movie.

Besides Minutemen I think this faction offers the best post-game quests. Dead drops are annoying, but then again so are finding technical documents since Proctor Quinlan will not shut up about them...Decent ending, but not my favorite. 7/10

Railroad
More

To the best of my knowledge this was the only quest line that didn't have any major bugs in it. It was a little annoying to have to do Mass Fusion again, but whatever. There IS a bug with this actual quest, at the very end if you do not exit the building and instead ride the elevator up to the executive suite you will not only glitch out but the game will not recognize you've left the building no matter where you are. You also can't move, doing so results in instant death unless you have power armor due to the height you fall from.

Anyways, after doing 2 playthroughs everything was relatively smooth. It's all just kind of the same. However actually being on the Prydwen and having Tinker Tom fly the Vertibird is really awesome. To counter the BOS where you kill the Railroad (or maybe it's the Institute quest line), all of the carnage is amazing. THAT, and if you are resourceful like me, raiding the armory is AWESOME. Mini Nukes, X01 helmet...Fat Man...so many goods.

The only thing I didn't like was spawning to the Command Deck and having Elder Maxson and a Knight just light me up immediately. Stimpack at the ready, Explosive Minigun to Knight and Maxson, done in 5 seconds. And FINAL JUDGEMENT GET.

My personal favorite as directly attacking the Institute and BOS was great. I got the most/best weapons with this playthrough so I will continue from this faction. 8.5/10

Minutemen
More

If you like LOL EASY gameplay this is for you...seriously. Way too easy. All you have to do is defend the castle, and you can just wall everything up using foundation flooring. Have about 20+ power at your disposal, hook up 2-3 or more missile turrets, and this is cake. You can even be in workshop mode while the battle is happening. I mean come on...

I was not expecting teleportation INSIDE the walls. But whatever. A few machine gun turrets fixed that.

The BOS attack was even easier. Just worried about my missile turrets. However, there was a Vertibird that was stuck at about 1% damage for 10 minutes, even after 100% Defend the Castle (talk to preston/ronnie) was reached. Just a constant stream of laser musket rifle sounds...it would not go away. I went through the Castle Tunnels and back to fix this. Vertibird gone. WHAT?

Building Artillery to blow up the Prydwen...yawn. Though, watching the Prydwen blow up from the Castle in the morning fog was seriously cool. Then that's the game...

Attack on the Institute plays the same as BOS and Railroad. By now...yawn.

Decent playthrough but this quest line does not make it worth betraying every other faction (you do fail Railroad and all future quests as they give up). 6/10.

TLDR: I don't know why content was so reused for each faction. I guess the goals are similar, but often times it was just doing the same thing over and over. So much for unique playthroughs...I am glad I did it this way. That and these game breaking quest bugs are just ridiculous. As much as I love this game if it wins a GOTY I will be a bit upset. There are more deserving games out there, like MGSV, I'd even say Undertale if you've ever played it. But anyways. As to what's next, GOD MODE FOREVER, MODZ FOREVER.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #221 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 13:30:30 »
I think I've gotten through all the side missions for each faction so I can go forward with the Brotherhood finally. I don't think I've ever heard someone so disappointed as Father after I grabbed the Beryllium Agitator

Offline pesky brat

« Reply #222 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 13:35:08 »
I think I've gotten through all the side missions for each faction so I can go forward with the Brotherhood finally. I don't think I've ever heard someone so disappointed as Father after I grabbed the Beryllium Agitator

**** that guy, he's no son of mine

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #223 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 13:36:29 »

Who wouldn't want to side with a group that has a ****ing zeppelin as their main base? The Minutemen might be the sorriest group I've ever seen in a Fallout game

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #224 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 15:22:11 »

Who wouldn't want to side with a group that has a ****ing zeppelin as their main base? The Minutemen might be the sorriest group I've ever seen in a Fallout game

* Binge raises hand.

From previous experience with the Brotherhood- their ideals are xenophobic and they can be exceptionally cruel.  Siding with them gives you no hope of controlling them.  You are forever a stooge.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #225 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 15:24:33 »

* Binge raises hand.

From previous experience with the Brotherhood- their ideals are xenophobic and they can be exceptionally cruel.  Siding with them gives you no hope of controlling them.  You are forever a stooge.

Well, it was between that and the Institute (I kinda liked both equally)

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #226 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 15:44:22 »

* Binge raises hand.

Yeah, I had similar thoughts. I haven't finished the main storey yet, but from my experience so far, I like the minutemen because they have good intentions and you are in charge :)

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #227 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 07:49:04 »

* Binge raises hand.

Yeah, I had similar thoughts. I haven't finished the main storey yet, but from my experience so far, I like the minutemen because they have good intentions and you are in charge :)

Preston won't stop giving me super gay I love you messages just because I helped them out

I did it 4 the xp preston geez

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #228 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 09:40:40 »

* Binge raises hand.

Preston won't stop giving me super gay I love you messages just because I helped them out

I did it 4 the xp preston geez

>get perks
>dump preston

yep.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #229 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 12:11:43 »
Companions are by far the worst feature in this game.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #230 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 12:14:53 »

The only good thing about them is the extra carrying weight.
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 December 2015, 12:33:19 by Steezus »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #231 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 12:23:50 »

The only good ting about them is the extra carrying weight.
I dunno. Deacon will basically never be seen of you're trying to stealth and Valentine is useful for hacking terminals. And I love all of both of their dialogue.

But yea they could've made the feature as a whole a bit better

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #232 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 12:35:06 »

I dunno. Deacon will basically never be seen of you're trying to stealth and Valentine is useful for hacking terminals. And I love all of both of their dialogue.

Valentine hacking terminals is a big help, he helped me get my first x-01 power armor but I believe it's bugged and he no longer offers to help after that first time.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #233 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 17:07:24 »
Today I realized I'm spending 85% of my time collecting junk, being overencumbered, and allocating inventory space which led me to also realize I was not enjoying this experience any longer.
It's time to take a bit of a break from this increasingly tedious experience, and perhaps return in a few months when the mods have worked out their bugs.

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #234 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 17:13:35 »
After who knows how long, I decided to stop fast-traveling for short-ish distances (red rocket to drive-in theatre roughly) and just start walking more. Even in places i've been, I keep finding new stuff packed in little corners I hadn't noticed before. Also, I just figured out that there's another farm settlement on the other side of the goddamn hill from the red rocket. Like, I could fat man it from my garage door. I had no idea. Every little discovery is such a delight and keeps me from getting bored.

Offline jerue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #235 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 17:37:23 »

I agree. Also, Danse and Piper provide some great benefits when maxed out (20% more damage against irradiated ghouls, androids, and mutated humanoids; double XP when discovering locations and speech checks). Preston is convenient when you are completing minutemen radiant quests (if you are really doing them for whatever reason). Other than that yea, they are more of a burden than help. I'm using them now to scrounge power armor, and make them wear the frame. I am planning to use Strong next...I hear he is a real character...

Today I realized I'm spending 85% of my time collecting junk, being overencumbered, and allocating inventory space which led me to also realize I was not enjoying this experience any longer.
It's time to take a bit of a break from this increasingly tedious experience, and perhaps return in a few months when the mods have worked out their bugs.

For this very reason is why I go god mode for settlement building only. Collecting junk is a big time waster, though it does help your chances with running into random magazines. I only scrounge ammo now.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #236 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 03:01:00 »
Really ****ing unexcusable how little Bethesda has bothered to address the crashing problem. Despite all the "fixes", the game is crashing at least hourly much of the time, sometimes every 20 minutes or so.

Offline mogo

« Reply #237 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 11:10:12 »
Really ****ing unexcusable how little Bethesda has bothered to address the crashing problem. Despite all the "fixes", the game is crashing at least hourly much of the time, sometimes every 20 minutes or so.

For all of my hours and gradual modding, I haven't crashed a single time. Have you wiped and reinstalled up to date video drivers?

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #238 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 14:34:56 »

For all of my hours and gradual modding, I haven't crashed a single time. Have you wiped and reinstalled up to date video drivers?

Guess I'll try that again.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #239 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 14:37:10 »
One thing I really don't like about 4 is the armor. It looks so stupid most of the time. With New Vegas, you actually had normal armor where you'd have a top, bottom, helmet etc. Now you have some full suit that you strap random pieces of metal on. Luckily I found the Minutemen General armor the other day which actually has really good protection, low weight, and looks dope.

Offline mogo

« Reply #240 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 15:32:14 »
I installed the mod that lets you wear armor pieces with clothing suits that would normally unequip them, I recommend it. I understand what you mean though. I spend most of my time in power armor though, so the clothing is largely irrelevant.  :p

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #241 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 15:41:24 »
And the game is back to crashing on startup half the time. I downloaded that "fix" that someone made and start it in borderless windowed. Worked well for about a day. **** Bethesda and their consistently buggy games.

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #242 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 15:48:52 »
how do u get medpaks

pls advise

ded srs btw
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #243 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 16:50:36 »
how do u get medpaks

pls advise

ded srs btw

stimpak? they're everywhere

Offline clacktalk

• circa 2015
« Reply #244 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 16:51:15 »

how do u get medpaks

pls advise

ded srs btw

next time u reply without being serious i'm going to report u
diary of a clacktalk

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #245 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 16:51:28 »

how do u get medpaks

pls advise

ded srs btw

Or use console commands.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #246 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 16:52:26 »

how do u get medpaks

pls advise

ded srs btw

Or use console commands.

I mean I finished the campaign with like 150. Copper on the other hand...

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #247 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 16:53:44 »

how do u get medpaks

pls advise

ded srs btw

Or use console commands.

I went the route of having no rads from water or food, never needed stimpacks, just the ol Skyrim "pause and eat all your food items".

Offline clacktalk

• circa 2015
« Reply #248 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 16:55:06 »

how do u get medpaks

pls advise

ded srs btw

Or use console commands.

did ur colonies hate ur guts for not sharing
diary of a clacktalk

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #249 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 17:04:15 »

how do u get medpaks

pls advise

ded srs btw

Or use console commands.

did ur colonies hate ur guts for not sharing

**** those kids