Author Topic: Amazon PrimeNOW  (Read 6001 times)

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
Amazon PrimeNOW
« on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 19:32:29 »
Anyone have this in their city yet? Looks like it just started here.

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=pn_surl_lp/?node=10481056011

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Re: Amazon PrimeNOW
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 19:33:22 »
Yup, got it here a couple of weeks ago I think.  Haven't tried it yet.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 19:35:36 »
Friend has it.  Tried it out with her.  Pretty handy.  Never going outside again.  RIP.

Offline Bomble

~~
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 19:37:34 »
Here I was thinking that getting a package in ~5 days was pretty fast. Woah

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 19:38:11 »
The only grip I have with this, is that you HAVE to use a mobile app to use the service. I don't know about you, but I REALLY do not like shopping on a phone, or any mobile device other than a laptop.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 19:39:36 »
The only grip I have with this, is that you HAVE to use a mobile app to use the service. I don't know about you, but I REALLY do not like shopping on a phone, or any mobile device other than a laptop.

Huh. That does seem kinda weird..

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 19:41:18 »

Huh. That does seem kinda weird..

Yeah. I would rather see things marked with 'eligible for PrimeNOW' on the website.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 19:52:23 »

Show Image

Yeah, we got it in the UK as well, which I'm quite surprised about. They do food and drink and all sorts, sounds like a pretty good way to get in last minute booze and stuff for a party, but like you say, the fact you can only do it on mobile ****ing sucks. Also my app has been stuck updating for like three weeks.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 20:17:16 »
I have it in my city, and have had it for quite some time.
It's really cool being able to get something in less than a few hours. I try and find excuses to buy things so I can use this   :))

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 20:20:36 »
This is awesome. I'm sure I won't have that in my area of the burbs for a while. I'm still excited that they do Sunday delivery here! Even though I have to pay taxes on Amazon purchases now, I still love them.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline theteam

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 20:23:18 »
thought i was lazy when i take advantage of prime 2day free shipping but this is going to make me even more lazy

Offline Aengus

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 20:34:46 »
I wonder what the reasoning is to limit it to orders placed on mobile app only.  A way to force people to dl the app maybe? 

Offline alexjd99

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 20:44:12 »
I  what the reasoning is to limit it to orders placed on mobile app only.  A way to force people to dl the app maybe?
I've been wondering that too. I think it would be much nicer to have it incorporated on the regular Amazon site. Maybe some sort of drop down that says "Show Prime Now only", or have a little identifier by the product, like they do now with prime eligible things

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 03:55:10 »
I used it when it first came to Seattle. Bought a bottle of something or other and some cookies and ****. They said it would be delivered in under 2 hours.
Already miffed because it's advertised as 1 hour or less, but whatever don't got to walk to the liquor store. This was at 5pm
7pm rolls around - still no booze and cookies, so I start lowering the tip by $2 every 20 minutes and watching the tracker on my phone wondering why I can see it's sitting at the facility but on my phone it claims it's on the way.
8pm I am pissed off and contact them. They claim it's on the way and should be here within the hour.
Hour goes by, nothing. They put me on with the driver who says he is "slammed, so I put the earlier delivers later to make it a faster route."
What the **** does that even mean? By now it's like 10 or 11 and the tracking shows his truck sitting at the other side of town.
I try cancelling the order but apparently it's too late because it's out for delivery.
Almost midnight and this ****wit driver calls saying he can't find my place. How the **** did he get this job? I give him directions and he says he has it and hangs up.
By now it's well past midnight, I can't contact customer service or the driver. This idiot marks it as delivered so he doesn't get in trouble, then finally shows up past 1am knocking like some psycho.
That's the first and only time I will ever use Prime Now

Offline alexjd99

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 08:32:29 »
By now it's well past midnight, I can't contact customer service or the driver. This idiot marks it as delivered so he n't get in trouble, then finally shows up past 1am knocking like some psycho.
Did you tell customer service about that?
Dude's an *******, doesn't deserve the job if he's going to lie about doing it correctly

Offline edb5s

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 08:47:40 »
This is crazy - can't wait for it to come to Charlotte. I've been choosing 1-day delivery and paying $4 instead of waiting on the 2-day delivery recently haha. Prime is making us all very impatient.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 01:37:22 »
This is crazy - can't wait for it to come to Charlotte. I've been choosing 1-day delivery and paying $4 instead of waiting on the 2-day delivery recently haha. Prime is making us all very impatient.

I am surprised that you guys get two day delivery for Prime when we get next day. Although I guess you have a pretty huge country. Even if you can get pretty much anywhere in the world within 24 hours...
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline linkshine

• * Destiny Supporter
  • If you wanna b my lover, u gotta get w/ my friends
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 15:07:26 »
I want it sooooooooo bad. Huge Amazon fanboy! Loving my echo and firetv <3 I'm such a sucker for their products.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 15:36:34 »
I want it sooooooooo bad. Huge Amazon fanboy! Loving my echo and firetv <3 I'm such a sucker for their products.

I know the firetv is really easy to jailbreak, but the echo... is it really that useful?

I work in the IT Security realm and it bothers me that this thing is networked and is always listening.

Offline linkshine

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 15:53:31 »

I know the firetv is really easy to jailbreak, but the echo... is it really that useful?

I work in the IT Security realm and it bothers me that this thing is networked and is always listening.

Useful? I mean it is if you want it to be- but it's not useful in a way that you'll find yourself saving any time. You can do useful things with it but you have to train yourself to- like alarms, grocery lists, etc.. I do love its ability to control Pandora and retrieve the weather. The beta price point was perfect and I believe where it should be. What they're asking right now is about $75 too much. Once I can use it to control the fireTV it'll be perfect.

I don't mind it always listening until they start logging those words I use and then targeting or doing some data mine **** with it. I'm in IT as well but I don't do security anymore outside of some firewall policies every now and then

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 16:00:45 »

Useful? I mean it is if you want it to be- but it's not useful in a way that you'll find yourself saving any time. You can do useful things with it but you have to train yourself to- like alarms, grocery lists, etc.. I do love its ability to control Pandora and retrieve the weather. The beta price point was perfect and I believe where it should be. What they're asking right now is about $75 too much. Once I can use it to control the fireTV it'll be perfect.

I don't mind it always listening until they start logging those words I use and then targeting or doing some data mine **** with it. I'm in IT as well but I don't do security anymore outside of some firewall policies every now and then

Yeah I may give it a pass personally. Concept is cool.

It feels like Google and Amazon are taking over the world.

Soon it will be a tri-force of power

Google
                 Amazon     Apple

Illuminati anyone?

Wake up sheeple

Offline linkshine

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 16:08:37 »
Just waiting on Amazon to stream sporting events. Plz Amazon ESPN needs to die now kthx

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 16:14:56 »

My guess is that they are only doing a trial run on the mobile app. They will eventually incorporate it to include all platforms.
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 21:13:20 »
there is a $20 off $50 special going on (use code "getitnow"), so i just placed my first order today.

having to use the app is annoying, and the selection is pretty limited right now.  it's mostly items that you might want on a last minute basis, such as snacks and cleaning supplies.  my order consists of cat litter and hot sauce, haha.

i tried out google express earlier on, which saved me a couple of trips to the supermarket and costco.  however, as time went on, the deliveries got delayed later and later into the night, and finally they would start missing the day altogether without any notice.  i'd have to contact google to let them know so the order never showed up.

my amazon now order is out for delivery now, and the app shows the delivery guy on a map going driving around the neighborhood.  pretty fun to watch.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline alexjd99

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 21:30:45 »
there is a $20 off $50 special going on (use code "getitnow"), so i just placed my first order today.

having to use the app is annoying, and the selection is pretty limited right now.  it's mostly items that you might want on a last minute basis, such as snacks and cleaning supplies.  my order consists of cat litter and hot sauce, haha.

i tried out google express earlier on, which saved me a couple of trips to the supermarket and costco.  however, as time went on, the deliveries got delayed later and later into the night, and finally they would start missing the day altogether without any notice.  i'd have to contact google to let them know so the order never showed up.

my amazon now order is out for delivery now, and the app shows the delivery guy on a map going driving around the neighborhood.  pretty fun to watch.
Yeah, the selection is really limited. At first I thought it applied to all products that were Prime eligible.

I was so excited to order a Pok3r and get it in an hour or two  :))

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 21:45:15 »
Yeah, the selection is really limited. At first I thought it applied to all products that were Prime eligible.

haha yeah instant delivered boards would have been awesome. :)  i was all ready to order some console games for a sweet discount, but they only had a couple that i didn't want.

edit:  status update - dude is still driving around the neighborhood, with 15 minutes left for the two hour delivery window.  he must be pretty booked with this promo special going on.

edit two:  guy shows up 5 minutes before the end of the delivery window.  badass.
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 November 2015, 22:02:38 by naasfu »
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 03:16:25 »

Thats the life! Ordered my Poker II from Massdrop Bazaar and it still took ~2 weeks. I would never order anything from regular Massdrop as I can't wait for something for 2-3 months.
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 06:38:18 »

Show Image

Yeah, we got it in the UK as well, which I'm quite surprised about. They do food and drink and all sorts, sounds like a pretty good way to get in last minute booze and stuff for a party, but like you say, the fact you can only do it on mobile ****ing sucks. Also my app has been stuck updating for like three weeks.

What we can get 1hr delivery from Amazon?!

Offline shibataken

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 14:05:24 »
Yep have it in NYC.  Never have to leave my house essentially get everything I need from Amazon.  1 hour toilet paper delivery is amazing lol

Offline gabba-gool

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 18:14:24 »
Available in Phoenix. I've used it quite frequently already. Especially good for when you're out of TP but don't wanna get off the couch and can hold it for an hour.

Offline linkshine

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 22:28:28 »
Available in Phoenix. I've used it quite frequently already. Especially good for when you're out of TP but don't wanna get off the couch and can hold it for an hour.

Pretty sure I've sat on the toilet for an hour on my phone, so that would work out. As long someone else can get the door. Hmph. Would be a good commercial.

Also "that would work out" on the toilet- lololol. Such potty humor. Literally...

I have to stop... I'm ashamed of myself.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 22:32:59 »
ayyyyy sprinkles and umami is now delivering in LA.

if you live in the rich side -.-
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.