Author Topic: Does Your Ideal Mouse Exist?  (Read 69162 times)

Offline Bucake

Re: Does Your Ideal Mouse Exist?
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 03:36:02 »
rurushu how about Ducky Secret? it's not ambidextrous, but it's heavy and there's no rubber. in fact, the shell is made out of PBT (afaik it's the only mouse with a PBT shell).

But dat plastic on the side where the leds **** their light out... that feels just wrong man. But perhaps not everybody find that annoying.

funnily enough that was one of the reasons i decided not to get it ^^
RGB is killing our mice!!11

edit: also tp4tissue i got my G9x down to 65 grams :-) didn't even destroy anything, i just removed a few things.
too bad the variance is so huge on this mouse. if it actually had a good sensor it would be good for more than just casual stuff
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 April 2016, 03:38:34 by Bucake »
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 03:38:33 »
rurushu how about Ducky Secret? it's not ambidextrous, but it's heavy and there's no rubber. in fact, the shell is made out of PBT (afaik it's the only mouse with a PBT shell).

But dat plastic on the side where the leds **** their light out... that feels just wrong man. But perhaps not everybody find that annoying.

Yeah.. I don't really see why all these leds are put in mice these days. I prefer a better grip / feel over some gimmicky leds. But I guess they are trying to add more "value".
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline Bucake

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 03:46:18 »
yeah, with LEDs (especially RGB) they will have another "feature" they can put on their marketing page, and the box. (gee, thanks.)
for this reason i was pretty hyped when zowie stepped in as a company with their "no bs" approach. too bad they turned out to be meh
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 April 2016, 03:48:02 by Bucake »
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline rurushu

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 04:07:34 »

Yeah.. I don't really see why all these leds are put in mice these days. I prefer a better grip / feel over some gimmicky leds. But I guess they are trying to add more "value".

Have to agree with this one, this is too true.
I mean, when you game, you literally cant see the lights from the mouse, and if you do, you are not game-focused.
Apart from profiling using the LEDs to me, it serves more of a distraction than any useful purposes (maybe other than provide warmth to your hand during cold weather)

The same goes to the LEDs on keyboard as well, I mean, if you game while needing to look at the keyboard, you have a more fundamental problem that even the LEDs on your board cant help you.

E.g those new Logitech and Razer keyboards that can work with games like the Division to provide in-game notification like ammo count, grenade counts, health indicator whether you need medkit or not. This is hilarious if you really depend on the board for such info where you can just "see" from the monitor  :-\

Therefore, LEDs on such things serves more of swag than actual use.
But then again, this is just me, since Logitech, Razer, Corsair, and other makers keep rolling out such things means there are market for these, and I'm just a whiner to them.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 04:09:44 »
yeah, with LEDs (especially RGB) they will have another "feature" they can put on their marketing page, and the box. (gee, thanks.)
for this reason i was pretty hyped when zowie stepped in as a company with their "no bs" approach. too bad they turned out to be meh

That's why I like my Avior 7000 so much: the scrollwheel and the logo on the shell on the front lit up. But you don't FEEL them. They don't get in the way of you using your mouse.

Offline Olumin

• "Guy walks into a doctor's office..."
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 15:05:54 »
Logitech performance MX with (even) more thumb-buttons! Aaaand as a vertical mouse, which is of cause wireless and rechargeable. So basically, a wireless, rechargeable vertical mouse with at least 4 thumb buttons (preferably even more, vertical scrolling and "high speed scrolling", like on the performance MX. Does such a mouse exist?
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 April 2016, 15:11:17 by Olumin »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 15:50:33 »
I would like...  a 45 gram carbon fiber mouse,  pixart 3366, 12 buttons..  shaped like
Evoluent vertical mouse.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 16:59:14 »
I would like...  a 45 gram carbon fiber mouse,  pixart 3366, 12 buttons..  shaped like
Evoluent vertical mouse.

And good glides... Don't forget the glides!

Offline Olumin

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 17:33:36 »
Evoluent vertical mouse.

Magnet glides... Everything is better with magnets.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 00:36:01 »
Evoluent vertical mouse.

Way way way too expensive..

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 03:49:57 »
Evoluent vertical mouse.

Like a maglev train!

Offline Olumin

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 08:51:36 »
Evoluent vertical mouse.

Like a maglev train!

No, not like a maglev train, more like one of these floating miniature globes, or an air hockey field, just with magnets instead of air. It would also probably be a electromagnetic field that adjusts itself (centres the mouse) when the mouse it not in use. That way you can regulate height, sensitivity and so on. All that would probably also be possible with permanent magnets, but too complicated. It would also require a special mouse pad, except of cause you can figure out some anti gravity UFO technology. But I have heard, even UFO's use magnetic fields in some way or another...

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 09:09:35 »
For the longest time I thought it's the Steelseries Sensei wireless. I love it so much that I don't think I can get another good mouse. Then I quit gaming and started to look for something else and I came across the MX Master. Oh my, this thing is really nice. It feels good in the hand and overall just suits me perfect.

I did get a Mionix Castor as well during my recent stay overseas (along with a new laptop) as I got nothing to do and started gaming again. For the price, this mouse is really good and even though it feels very uncomfortable on the first day (hurt my pinkie a lot), I think it's on par if not better than the Sensei.

That is my favorite. It is comfortable and does everything I need.
For years I used a Razor Mamba. I loved the 2nd version but I hate Razor Synapse.
My mouse was worn out but the new one was coming so I didn't buy an old one on ebay and but it is buggy, stuck using razer synapse, and I haven't been happy with it.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 14:44:36 »
What is the Malfunction speed on the MX-Master ?

Offline cryptokey

• * Destiny Supporter
  • [°°▄°] luser-friendly
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 15:05:25 »
Yup, my Kensington Expert trackball :')
More

[WTB] HHKB Black

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 06:39:17 »
Evoluent vertical mouse.

Like a maglev train!

No, not like a maglev train, more like one of these floating miniature globes, or an air hockey field, just with magnets instead of air. It would also probably be a electromagnetic field that adjusts itself (centres the mouse) when the mouse it not in use. That way you can regulate height, sensitivity and so on. All that would probably also be possible with permanent magnets, but too complicated. It would also require a special mouse pad, except of cause you can figure out some anti gravity UFO technology. But I have heard, even UFO's use magnetic fields in some way or another...

Would this be realistically technologically possible today?

Offline Olumin

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 08:12:43 »
Evoluent vertical mouse.

Like a maglev train!

Of cause, so far as I know something similar to this already exists.
http://io9.gizmodo.com/5988590/is-this-hovering-computer-mouse-real-or-fake

I don't know for sure if its real or not, but it could be made, without problem.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 12:53:22 »
This never got off, because you can not get good 2D tracking precision from 3D

It would also be easier to build a --frictionless--  air gesture device using optics instead of -Magnets-

Magnets are ::

-very expensive
-heavy
-brittle
-Quantity involved would be dangerous to your hands and nearby metal objects.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 13:09:04 »
Yes. For me, I found mouse/input device happiness in CST trackballs. They help with RSI. It's really fun to roll the ball around. I love the simplicity. And the scrollwheel is wonderful.

I guess I got lucky because the closest thing to an ideal mouse was a CM Storm Spawn. I had a few gripes with that though: The finish was meh and felt kinda chincy. The rubber finish was also a grime/dust trap and felt kinda weird under my thumb.

I've replaced both the Spawns I had at work and at home with CST trackballs and have stopped trying to find mice to test out. I went through a Razer Abyssus, Logitech G9X, CM Storm Spawn, as well as a bunch of cheapo Logitech mice before I found the trackballs.

Offline Olumin

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 13:36:33 »

It would also be easier to build a --frictionless--  air gesture device using optics instead of -Magnets-

-very expensive
-heavy
-brittle

I never said it was particularly useful, but that it could be made. Besides that, I don't think that actual permanent magnets would be used for this (like neodymium magnets), but rather electro magnets (for many reasons), which aren't expensive at all,  not heavy or brittle, at least not more than your standard mouse. Besides that, even IF neodymium magnets would be used, it wouldn't be a big deal, most headphones and speakers use neodymium magnets, and there doesn't seem to be any problem with that. I don't often hear people complain about broken neodymium magnets in their headphones. The magnets are so small and light, that it literally doesn't make a difference. They also aren't very expensive. But I agree that motion tracking or a holographic interface would be more useful and convenient. Even better would be controlling a device (computer) with your toughs, but what would be do with all our keyboards then?
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 April 2016, 13:40:36 by Olumin »

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 13:57:34 »
Evoluent vertical mouse.

Like a maglev train!

Of cause, so far as I know something similar to this already exists.
http://io9.gizmodo.com/5988590/is-this-hovering-computer-mouse-real-or-fake

I don't know for sure if its real or not, but it could be made, without problem.

That looks seriously cool.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 16:53:49 »

-very expensive
-heavy
-brittle
I work with them all the time, we have enough neodymiums in the shop to pull this off on a reasonably sized pad.

Actually, it would be pretty simple and would not require that much money (less than a good mouse) and in general would not be dangerous to you. I could probably have one knocked out in a night it's so simple.

You could adjust the lev height, and even design it to push the mouse towards center, all of this is possible without much effort actually but would require a tad more work and you might end up with a 1/2in thick pad, but it is certainly doable. Unfortunately by the time you add the necessary mods to the mouse your hand would probably sit 3/4inches above the desk higher than it currently does.  As for brittle, you could put something over to protect them easily enough, but a bigger danger is what it would to things around it. Things would get sucked in like a black hole, and it would get dirty fast.

The thing you are missing though is:
A. Many of you seem to judge mouse movement, especially cord users, by friction. You would lose that feedback.
B. It would greatly increase the mouse mass, it may be frictionless, but would still require more force to make it move fast or stop it from moving.
C. It's frictionless... Just bumping your desk would be enough to make it start floating across the pad. Ever have an optical mouse with a stray hair causing it to wander, same thing, but in this case, all of the time. Worse, how many of us are THAT good at holding your hand perfectly still without any feedback?

Bottom line is, you need need at least some friction to keep it from doing whatever it wants. Good glides, yes, frictionless, no.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 19:03:57 »

-very expensive
-heavy
-brittle
I work with them all the time, we have enough neodymiums in the shop to pull this off on a reasonably sized pad.

Actually, it would be pretty simple and would not require that much money (less than a good mouse) and in general would not be dangerous to you. I could probably have one knocked out in a night it's so simple.

You could adjust the lev height, and even design it to push the mouse towards center, all of this is possible without much effort actually but would require a tad more work and you might end up with a 1/2in thick pad, but it is certainly doable. Unfortunately by the time you add the necessary mods to the mouse your hand would probably sit 3/4inches above the desk higher than it currently does.  As for brittle, you could put something over to protect them easily enough, but a bigger danger is what it would to things around it. Things would get sucked in like a black hole, and it would get dirty fast.

The thing you are missing though is:
A. Many of you seem to judge mouse movement, especially cord users, by friction. You would lose that feedback.
B. It would greatly increase the mouse mass, it may be frictionless, but would still require more force to make it move fast or stop it from moving.
C. It's frictionless... Just bumping your desk would be enough to make it start floating across the pad. Ever have an optical mouse with a stray hair causing it to wander, same thing, but in this case, all of the time. Worse, how many of us are THAT good at holding your hand perfectly still without any feedback?

Bottom line is, you need need at least some friction to keep it from doing whatever it wants. Good glides, yes, frictionless, no.

Not require that much money?

Maybe not for 1 mouse..   But imagine building an inventory if every mouse cost $20..

What if it doesn't sell,  that amounts to MILLIONS..

So, every penny counts in large volumes,  which is why the manufacturers cut every corner possible.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 20:19:20 »
Not require that much money?

Maybe not for 1 mouse..   But imagine building an inventory if every mouse cost $20..

What if it doesn't sell,  that amounts to MILLIONS..

So, every penny counts in large volumes,  which is why the manufacturers cut every corner possible.
What you just said applies to every product.

Do you realize what Chinese stuff costs in bulk?
In less than 5 minutes I found 3000 wireless mice for well under $2 each, the magnets would be less than 20 cents per mouse and pad in that bulk. The rest is plastic and Chinese labor.  That was just a 2 second search of Chinese suppliers, the first hits that came up, and before haggling started. $20k would cover everything including injection molds and packaging all delivered to your door. And you would still have money left over.

Manufacturers are not cutting every corner possible to lower prices, they do it for profit reasons. They don't pass that savings onto you, if they do, it's only a fraction. Most products on shelves coming from China cost the company less than 10% of retail, and as much as 3/4 of that could be tied up in shipping and handling.  A $20 mouse from China is a HELL of a mouse, especially in bulk, and would retail for around $180-$200.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline NamelessPFG

« Reply #74 on: Sat, 04 June 2016, 03:48:02 »
My ideal mouse will probably never exist, for reasons that will soon be quite obvious.

As things currently stand, the Logitech G502 comes close. All the buttons have a solid click, and I actually like the scroll wheel. I would even say it's the best scroll wheel I've ever used!

It's solid, thunky notches, tilt, and an option for free-scroll mode that comes in handy for long documents, Web pages, or just fooling around in UT 2004 with some massive weapons pack and playing gun roulette. It also doesn't skip scroll notches like the G5 or G500 does on occasion.

It's hardly perfect, though. I think it would benefit a bit from having more of a DeathAdder/Mamba shape, but those mice fail because they only have two thumb buttons. I need a minimum of THREE thumb buttons for several of the games I play (usually a combination of melee attack, grenades, grappling hooks and aim mode), and that with wheel tilt (usually for switching grenade types, ammo types and/or fire modes) still isn't enough sometimes.

The Mad Catz M.M.O. 7 button layout would be near-perfect, especially because of the 5-way hat switch, but that mouse is hideously overpriced, hideously styled, and has a flawed sensor compared to the G502.

Oh, and the icing on the cake for a perfect mouse: it needs software akin to T.A.R.G.E.T. or CH Control Manager where I can program every single button with multiple modes and logical outputs (keyboard, mouse AND DirectInput joystick buttons and axes), fully integrated with my HOTAS and rudder pedals. Yeah, not happening unless I go back to a full CH setup complete with another USB DT225 trackball, but I just can't get used to trackballs for anything that isn't a trackball-based arcade game. Can't make twitch shots with them at all.

So yeah, it's just not going to happen. I'll just make do with my G502 until I have the resources to create my own perfect mouse.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #75 on: Sat, 04 June 2016, 08:57:40 »
You know I have no idea but this thread made me wonder if I should start looking.

Been playing a lot of Overwatch and my wrist is starting to hurt. Just the hand that holds the mouse, so I must not be gripping it right.
Usually been able to adapt, but only really ever had experience with Logitech before I went out and tried something way different.

Offline Emmiya

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 12:10:30 »
So I decided to think about it, I mean REALLY think about it, and I have finally composed what my perfect mouse would be. If any companies out there want to create it, or something vaguely similar, I will pay you whatever you want to get it done.

124 length x 52 width x 34 height 
~70-85g weight 
Low liftoff distance(~1.5mm) 
500Hz refresh rate 
800 or 1000DPI 
'Perfect' sensor(no acceleration, angle snapping, prediction) e.g 3310/A3060/A3090 
Huano 'Zowie' switches   
non-glossy 'textured/rough' plastic: think PBT keycaps vs smooth ABS. 
3 buttons(M1,M2,wheel) only: potentially ONE extra behind the scroll wheel. 
Left Handed Ergonomic preferred(good luck lol), otherwise: Ambidextrous design. 
Razer Krait 4g shape(convex front[V shape]) Concave back([^ shape]). 
Plastic textured side. 
Angled with the bulk/peak towards the back for palm/claw grip hybrid. 
Concave M1/M2 buttons
Straighter front to prevent mouse tipping*.
Loose mouse wheel. 
Paracord cable for flexibility as shown below
cable for flexibility. 

* - I feel like this wouldn't be a problem if the mouse is increased in length, however given my grip style and the shortness of this mouse(115mm) it tends to tip regularly.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 June 2016, 12:28:37 by Emmiya »

Offline Maave

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 08:48:47 »
My ideal mouse would be mind controlled. Hands wouldn't need to leave keyboard, using laptops and touchscreens would be a breeze, wouldn't get RSI from excessive clicking/scrolling.

They actually do exist using EEG headsets like Emotiv but they're not fast or precise enough to compete with a handheld mouse. Using the mind alone doesn't provide very fast input with EEGs, and aiming with the gyro in the headset is jittery.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 09:03:52 »
My ideal mouse would be mind controlled. Hands wouldn't need to leave keyboard, using laptops and touchscreens would be a breeze, wouldn't get RSI from excessive clicking/scrolling.

They actually do exist using EEG headsets like Emotiv but they're not fast or precise enough to compete with a handheld mouse. Using the mind alone doesn't provide very fast input with EEGs, and aiming with the gyro in the headset is jittery.

Why stop there...

Tp4 would like to be digitized and Become the computer..

Offline Maave

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 20:31:43 »
Why stop there...

Tp4 would like to be digitized and Become the computer..
Go full Matrix, get in your recliner and jack-in.

We need more input though. The Emotiv Epoc has 14 independent channels. sooooon

Offline WarCommand

« Reply #80 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 09:20:04 »
Yes, and it's called the Zowie FK1.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #81 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 11:11:46 »

I'm 90% sure I'd still be using this but it doesn't work on my desk, and **** mousepads.

Offline WarCommand

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 11:17:55 »

I'm 90% sure I'd still be using this but it doesn't work on my desk, and **** mousepads.
That's rough. FK1 + oversized pad + 400dpi/low sens is my ideal setup.

Offline MJL

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 19 October 2016, 05:24:01 »
Yup, my Kensington Expert trackball :')

Please tell me: can the scroll ring be cleaned (taken out to be cleaned). I use the Kensington Orbit Trackball with scroll ring (K72337) and after using it for 6 months or so the scroll ring starts to feel gritty etc and I cannot clean it.(the plastic holding it inside is welded together).

Edit: Never mind, found ripster's write up on modifying the scroll ring and removing the magnet in it.
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 October 2016, 06:29:19 by MJL »

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #84 on: Wed, 09 November 2016, 15:44:27 »

Yes!!! That's the main reason I returned my Ducky Secret mouse. I've had similar issues with a number of other mice. It seems that companies have developed RBG mania -- perhaps driven by gamers or the perception that this is what gamers want. Many of the mice that I tested could have been fine if it were not for the different plastic used for the sake of cosmetic RGB effects. I wouldn't mind an optional lighting effect for something halfway functional, such as indicating the DPI setting, but this would need to be placed such that it was visible yet not anywhere within the grip areas. I also think it is possible that lighting the scroll wheel might, at least in some cases, compromise function.

Offline YoshiCaps

• yes, oh god no.
« Reply #85 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 21:33:06 »
Anyone have experience with a G502 vs G9x? I'm very much a claw grip. Also any comment on the G502's scrollwheel? For reference my fav scroll wheel is on the MX revolution.

Thinking of maybe replacing my G9x with a G502 but not totally convinced yet.

I think you should do it. scroll wheel is made of metal, great for claw grips.
hi.

Offline YoshiCaps

• yes, oh god no.
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 08:46:44 »
Yes. It's called the g502. I bought it in august having gone through 7 g9xs and hating everything about them. I had heard good things about it. I love it. Never buying a g9x again.
hi.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 12:07:03 »
I got a g502, really like the scroll wheel but I think I prefer the shape of the g9x. 502 Sensor feels a bit better too so won't be going back but I wish Logitech would do more mouses with grip choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline drevyek

« Reply #88 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 01:09:36 »
Never been one for having extra buttons on my mice, so I mostly stuck to the bargain bin style mice. I had, for almost a decade, the Dell standard mouse OCJ339. It died out on me (after having replaced the scroll switch twice), so I had to find something new. I finally went with the Kinzu v3, and have loved it. then click buttons are nice and resilient, and the scroll wheel feels defined. Insofar as traditional mice go, it's my go-to, and I will rebuy it until I can't anymore.

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
« Reply #89 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 01:32:28 »
g900 is great. I have no complaints... Coming from a g502 (which drove me crazy) and then a mx518 before that. Really, really, really like the g900.
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

Offline czarek

• Keep the momentum going!
    • FalbaTech
« Reply #90 on: Wed, 30 November 2016, 04:22:16 »
Such mouse doesn't exist. To make a perfect mouse for me it would have to be this:
- Deathadder shape, sensor and buttons
- Steelseries Sensei scroll wheel
- Zowie EC1A cable and configuration (no software required)
- Ducky Secret mouse lack of coating - bare PBT plastic
- No visible brand logo on top when LEDs are off
Surely if someone ever made such mouse, it's a certain best seller.
My little ErgoDox / GH60 factory: http://falbatech.pl

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 30 November 2016, 07:40:47 »
Such mouse doesn't exist. To make a perfect mouse for me it would have to be this:
- Deathadder shape, sensor and buttons
- Steelseries Sensei scroll wheel
- Zowie EC1A cable and configuration (no software required)
- Ducky Secret mouse lack of coating - bare PBT plastic
- No visible brand logo on top when LEDs are off
Surely if someone ever made such mouse, it's a certain best seller.
Excellent suggestions!

Offline Heist

• Warchief of the Horde
« Reply #92 on: Wed, 30 November 2016, 07:50:05 »
For me it is Zowie EC2-A, have GPro and G403 in the mail though so maybe those will change my mind! :))

Offline Urbi

« Reply #93 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 11:10:33 »
Yes and no.

I have a Mionix Avior 7000 and have to say it is about everything I ever wanted. Great ambi shape, relatively light, braided cable (I know people hate them, but their cables are much better than e.g. Logitech), durable coating. I am also really impressed with it's overall durability. I am a guy who consumes mice fast. Ever since I started playing FPS in 2000 I had at least two mice a year, doubleclick or cable (connectivity) issues - you name it. The Avior 7000 however is still fine after more than 2 years of heavy use.

So it is the perfect mouse.

I kinda which that they would release a version sporting the 3366 sensor though.

Offline Eugene94

« Reply #94 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 13:26:06 »
I had this idea recently. Basically to combine two trackball mice to the sides of the bottom half of the HHKB Pro. 2.

176268-0

And it would look something like this.

176270-1

There would be two spheres cupped on both sides with a LMB positioned on the right side of the keyboard, similar to that of an Xbox controller.

176272-2

And on the other side would be the RMB positioned on the side in the same way.

176274-3

I like to keep the keyboard on my lap while typing, but every once in a while have to reach up to access the mouse. With this modification, that would not be a problem!

Connecting this bottom part to any HHKB Pro. 2 would turn it into a giant controller. If anyone would like to create a 3D model of this concept that would be pretty cool :thumb:

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #95 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 13:37:09 »
That's a toilet, right?

Offline Eugene94

« Reply #96 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 17:18:24 »
That's a toilet, right?

Yes, but they are not meant to be seen literally. They are cups/bowls that hold the spheres (the toilet shape just happened to fit what I had in mind)

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #97 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 18:31:41 »
I had this idea recently. Basically to combine two trackball mice to the sides of the bottom half of the HHKB Pro. 2.

There would be two spheres cupped on both sides with a LMB positioned on the right side of the keyboard, similar to that of an Xbox controller.

And on the other side would be the RMB positioned on the side in the same way.

I like to keep the keyboard on my lap while typing, but every once in a while have to reach up to access the mouse. With this modification, that would not be a problem!

Connecting this bottom part to any HHKB Pro. 2 would turn it into a giant controller. If anyone would like to create a 3D model of this concept that would be pretty cool :thumb:
It would not be difficult to make, however, you have a mouse button on each side of the keyboard, so any time you need to do any right button operations you will be needing both hands. Why not both buttons on each side or just a mouse/ball on the side you need most.

As for how to make it, a small usb hub inside or strapped to the back of the keyboard (or put it in the trackball housing) so you only need one cord, then cut a trackball housing down to the bare minimum, attach that, then rebuild the housing to smooth it all out. It's not worth trying to fab up your own housing when some abs sheeting and some CA glue could give you similar results in a fraction of the time and money. A bit of bondo and paint, call it good.

Could be done over the course of a weekend, and if done right would have little to no impact on the HHKB should you decide to remove it later.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline NamelessPFG

« Reply #98 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 21:48:17 »
I forgot to come back and mention that after so many years of using Logitech MX500 deriatives, I use a Swiftpoint Z now as of the last several months. Hilariously overengineered, but I like it.

There are some occasional quirks with mouse buttons 4 and 5 not being registered in everything (most notably Unreal Engine 2 games), the software's still rather bloated even by gaming mouse standards (48.2 MB in RAM just for a programming utility with a GUI that still doesn't do everything promised in the initial Kickstarter pitch?), and I do miss the Logitech G502's mouse wheel sometimes (yes, really, its notches were meatier and free-scroll is really nice to have sometimes), but I enjoy having a ludicrous amount of button bindings at hand that don't necessarily compromise overall mouse ergonomics the way those numpadded MMOG mice do. At the very least, other manufacturers should seriously consider copying the two-way triggers behind the main mouse buttons.

Lifting up the mouse and tilting it a bit for config mode is also pretty brilliant, combined with the built-in OLED screen. It makes adjusting profiles and DPI a snap, and once you set it back down on your mousing surface, you can use all the same buttons you were using for those adjustments for more in-game actions. Basically, tilt degree thresholds act as button inputs or shifts like anything else, and they can be used or ignored to one's taste to the point that they even give you alternative mouse skates to lock out the tilt entirely.

However, that thing has forced me to retrain my grip style after years of those various Logitech mice. You see, a typical MX500-style mouse is something I can grab with just my pinky on the side, middle finger on wheel, ring on RMB, but the Swiftpoint Z will practically slip off my hand on that side if I try that. It's really meant to have only two fingers go over the buttons (which trips me up as to which finger I use for the wheel) while the ring finger provides the bulk of the grip and support on the right side, which also explains why the finger rest on the right side was too far forward for my pinky.

Oh, and if you're wondering: yes, despite its complex appearance, it's actually noticeably lighter than the G502, albeit no WMO featherweight. Not that the weight bothered me all that much, unlike all the OCN types.

I think the Z is closest to my ideal mouse overall, but I'd tweak the overall shell more to better fit the grip style I use on Logitech mice, swap out the mouse wheel for the G502's, and throw out the existing driver software in favor of something more akin to Kinesis' SmartSet, which only takes up a few megabytes, has all the important programming features one can ask for in a gaming peripheral, doesn't require any online connections for anything, and doesn't need to stay resident in RAM at all to work because it's entirely firmware-based (which the Z also is to an extent, but needs the bloated proprietary drivers to engage the profiles on its internal memory).

Offline LoveYouFyi

« Reply #99 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 11:39:03 »
I understand the value of a good mouse, due to bad mouse usage, I destroyed my right hand.  Was forced to use left hand 16 years ago.  Since I am a left-handed mouse user, my options are limited.  I've come to appreciate the:
Steel Series Sensei (rubber outside)