Author Topic: R4 Zealio Switch/Zeal60RGB/Zealencio Silencing Clips/Transparent Screw-in Stabs!  (Read 304073 times)

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
Hey guys,

The highly anticipated R4 Zealio GB & newly released products are now live on my site!

Click the images for links to the site!

R4 Zealio Switches: 78g weight updated, force curve now more uniform.

Zeal60 RGB LED PCB [Limited to 100x units first runSold Out]:

Zeal Transparent Stabilizers:

Zealencio Silencing Clips:

Cheers,

Zeal
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 August 2016, 12:19:27 by Zeal »
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Zeal60 Firmware download: https://zealpc.net/blogs/news/programming-your-zeal60-rgb-pcb

Reserved for updates.

October 4, 2016:
Zeal60 Prototype is going through final phase of testing. Once OK'd it'll be produced very shortly.

Zealios & accessories are still planned for November shipping. Will get a more definite date in a few weeks.

Oct 8, 2016
Prototypes getting sent to me very soon.

Oct 20, 2016
Zealios are expected to ship out from Gateron to me on November 15. Zealencios and Transparent Stabilizers will ship out November 21, both via DHL Express.

Oct 24, 2016
Zeal60 Prototype received

Oct 31, 2016
Zeal60 built up
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=84248.msg2293566#msg2293566

Nov 16, 2016
First half of shipment is picked up,

Dec 24, 2016
All non-PCB orders shipped

Jan 3, 2017
All PCB orders shipped. GB complete (minus a few orders combining with Lustro/Weaven)
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 January 2017, 22:54:00 by Zeal »

Offline bigx333

rip wallet
2TU | LZ-GH

Offline MediocreBadGuy23

Awww yiss

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
so the topside of the pcb has smd leds? Sorry if I'm out of the loop on it.

Grabbing some of all of this no matter what  :thumb:

Offline pmck

• Software Engineer
Just ordered 70 62g switches and some of those sexy stabilizers.

Think I'll make a GH 60 board with them :D have a new plate I can use too

|        IBM M         |      Wasd V1      |   GH60    | KBC Poker | GHPAD |

WANTED:Nada have all I want for now!

Offline kawasaki161

Are the stab plastics compatible with SPRiT's wires (this would solve the 7u vs 6,25u problem for me since I still have wires)?

Either way, I'll definitely need stabs, so I'll order those early and push in a few switches next month, that way I'll have the early shipping even though I have to wait for money :)

Offline milchek

Picked up some 67g for a ps2avr build that's coming up, great timing. Although I'd also love to grab the Zeal60 board, I just picked up the sentraq s60 and theres a KB V60 on eBay going cheap with MX Clears, then of course the Minivan...  :-[

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
Zeal, how would one remove the silencing clips if it needed to be removed (change leds, fix switch, etc.)?

Offline feralfoo

• Software developer and mech keyboard nut
have 78g's...have 67g's...now ordered 65's and enough silencing clips to cover many boards to come. Its been a very zealio christmas all year :thumb:
HHKB Pro JP + Hasu controller, Realforce RF87U55G, G60 Retro, QK65

Offline Data

Any chance we can get a 2u only option for the stabilizers?  Like maybe a 4-pack?  I'd like to buy a set for VE.A or maybe Ergodox and have no need for a 6.25u or 7u wire.  It would be nice for number pads too...

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
Regarding the silencing clips; I think I must have an incorrect mental picture of what is going on here. Are these in place of using o-rings?

Offline breitling

can all of these items be ordered and shipped together and does the pcb have some sort of first-run marking?

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
Need to get this stuff.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
Those stabs are so sexy.

Offline nugglets

Already ordered, just posting for easy updates.

This gonna be some good ****, though =)

Offline pmck

• Software Engineer
Regarding the silencing clips; I think I must have an incorrect mental picture of what is going on here. Are these in place of using o-rings?
More in place of stickers. But they achieve the same thing just feel slightly different

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
so the topside of the pcb has smd leds? Sorry if I'm out of the loop on it.

Grabbing some of all of this no matter what  :thumb:

No, the LEDs are installed on the back. PCB has holes to accommodate the LEDs shooting upwards into the switch. This prevents interference issues and doesn't require SMD compatible switch bottoms.

Are the stab plastics compatible with SPRiT's wires (this would solve the 7u vs 6,25u problem for me since I still have wires)?

Either way, I'll definitely need stabs, so I'll order those early and push in a few switches next month, that way I'll have the early shipping even though I have to wait for money :)
Standard 1.6mm diameter wires will work, so yes.

Zeal, how would one remove the silencing clips if it needed to be removed (change leds, fix switch, etc.)?

There will be small notch on the left and right side of the clips for you to push open, similar to opening switch tops. Just a small flat head or wedge tool will work.

Any chance we can get a 2u only option for the stabilizers?  Like maybe a 4-pack?  I'd like to buy a set for VE.A or maybe Ergodox and have no need for a 6.25u or 7u wire.  It would be nice for number pads too...

During the GB stage, only the shown 3 stabilizer packs will be offered to help with spacebar stabilizer MOQs. Sorry for the inconvenience.

They are thinner than orings, but help reduce bottom out and upstroke sound (orings don't reduce the upstroke). Check the product page for a typing video demonstration on how much the switches are silenced by.

can all of these items be ordered and shipped together and does the pcb have some sort of first-run marking?

They'll all be shipped together. "Rev 0" will be the first run marking, unless there's something else people wanted to see...Trying not to clutter the PCB with text.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
They'll all be shipped together. "Rev 0" will be the first run marking, unless there's something else people wanted to see...Trying not to clutter the PCB with text.

Do the text in gold or something to sginify the first run  :p :cool:

Offline breitling

Cool. I was thinking maybe a 24k gold plaque with a REV.0 Engraving.. maybe the 0 could be a 1 carat diamond. just kidding ;)

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.

The golden/yellow parts you see on the PCB will reflect the actual look. :) Zeal60 and the golden Zealio switch will be on both sides of the PCB.

Cool. I was thinking maybe a 24k gold plaque with a REV.0 Engraving.. maybe the 0 could be a 1 carat diamond. just kidding ;)

Uh.....sure. Just pay for the diamond. :D

Offline priyadi

No, the LEDs are installed on the back. PCB has holes to accommodate the LEDs shooting upwards into the switch. This prevents interference issues and doesn't require SMD compatible switch bottoms.

What? I thought LEDs are installed like usual, on the top of the switch. Any pictures you can show us?
Boards: Filco TKL+HID Liberation, Infinity 60%, Sentraq S60-X, Whitefox, Ergodox, Planck.
Member of the flat keyboard society.
Keycap manifesto: "Key sets without vendor neutral Super key are worthless"

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.

What? I thought LEDs are installed like usual, on the top of the switch. Any pictures you can show us?

Will have to keep the back side of the PCB private for now. Just know that it uses a special type of SMD LED and lights the switch from below. There is no through hole LEDs required/support for the Zeal60.

Offline priyadi

Will have to keep the back side of the PCB private for now. Just know that it uses a special type of SMD LED and lights the switch from below. There is no through hole LEDs required/support for the Zeal60.

So, if I understand correctly, the LEDs will be presoldered, and we don't need the "4 pin RGB LED" from your other group buy, right?
Boards: Filco TKL+HID Liberation, Infinity 60%, Sentraq S60-X, Whitefox, Ergodox, Planck.
Member of the flat keyboard society.
Keycap manifesto: "Key sets without vendor neutral Super key are worthless"

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘

The golden/yellow parts you see on the PCB will reflect the actual look. :) Zeal60 and the golden Zealio switch will be on both sides of the PCB.

Infinity symbol instead of 0?  :cool: :p

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
Glad to see rounds and rounds of these Zealios still going :D

I have a question about the stabs, are they compatible with pretty much every plate/PCB combination, i.e. a Lightsaver?
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Data

During the GB stage, only the shown 3 stabilizer packs will be offered to help with spacebar stabilizer MOQs. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I guess I'll wait then?   :-[

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.

So, if I understand correctly, the LEDs will be presoldered, and we don't need the "4 pin RGB LED" from your other group buy, right?

That's correct. The 4-pin RGB LEDs are mostly for those that want to tinker and make their own 4 pin RGB supported PCBs, or attempt at hand wiring, etc.

Glad to see rounds and rounds of these Zealios still going :D

I have a question about the stabs, are they compatible with pretty much every plate/PCB combination, i.e. a Lightsaver?

Yes, my stabilizers are compatible with pretty much every plate/PCB that uses regular Cherry PCB mount stabs.

Offline nugglets

If I understand correctly, it's going to be something like this:

The Ducky One RGB, Pok3r RGB and Masterkeys RGB have SMD's soldered like this too. It's a cool way to solve two problems, one of which being compatible switches (which isn't a problem for those makers, obviously) but also in the event of an LED failure you don't have to remove the switch to solder in a replacement. And from a production standpoint, having all the wave soldering happen in one pass is surely a large benefit as well.

Offline Phenix

Which layouta support the pcb? Hoping for apot space..
Winter is coming.

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Which layouta support the pcb? Hoping for apot space..

Zeal60 supports: ANSI, ISO, HHKB, Winkey & Winkeyless layouts. No split space for this round.

Offline robbles

Has anything been done to improve key wobble present in past rounds?
How does one become so interested in a thing like keyboards? When you realize you use a keyboard more than any other tool in your life.

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Has anything been done to improve key wobble present in past rounds?

Stem mould is being tweaked to reduce wobble, and will be ready for the R4 production.

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
More in place of stickers. But they achieve the same thing just feel slightly different

Thanks for setting me straight. That makes a lot more sense than the frankenswitch I was mentally constructing to accommodate this.

Offline PriusProblems

• No ISO, no interest.
How do your stabilisers compare to the SPRiT 24k ones?

Offline rondg

Will there be an R2 on the pcb? I was about to order one but it's already sold out  :(

Offline pmck

• Software Engineer
Will there be an R2 on the pcb? I was about to order one but it's already sold out  :(
I saw on the /r/mk thread that there's going to be one next year some time hopefully!

Offline pwade3

Pretty stoked to have snagged a Zeal60.

Now to figure out what to do with it.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘

Thanks for setting me straight. That makes a lot more sense than the frankenswitch I was mentally constructing to accommodate this.

Stickers don't reduce noise they reduce switch top wobble??

Offline yottagray

Oh no, the Zeal60 is gone already! Shucks.

Offline pmck

• Software Engineer

Sorry not stickers, I meant the foam ones that sit on top of the switch, can't remember what they're called. I always just called them stickers

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘

Sorry not stickers, I meant the foam ones that sit on top of the switch, can't remember what they're called. I always just called them stickers

Never seen ones for the top of the switch besides these and the GMK versions. Might have to look around to find those.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
I need those stabs. Maybe when my paycheck comes in.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline djchup

• i write code
Cool, just ordered 30 62g switches and some LEDs.  hopefully I get them around the same time as my smart pad.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???

Never seen ones for the top of the switch besides these and the GMK versions. Might have to look around to find those.

I don't think he means clips, just the foam landing pads that EK used to sell: https://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,slpads&pid=sl120_cs
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline pmck

• Software Engineer

I don't think he means clips, just the foam landing pads that EK used to sell: https://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,slpads&pid=sl120_cs
Yup that's them.

Offline breitling

damn! pcb sold out!!

Offline sethbc

Any idea when the firmware for the Zeal60 will become available?  Was thinking if it's TMK it shouldn't be too hard to get a QMK port going.

Offline yowaffle

I've been sort of inactive for awhile but R4 brought me back! really excited for the 78g!
V60 [MQC] | KC60 [Zealiostotles] | Leopold FC660c [Topre] |  Ducky Shine 4 [MX Brown] | MiniVan [Zealios]

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
damn! pcb sold out!!

Yeah..those went quick. 36hrs iic.

Any idea when the firmware for the Zeal60 will become available?  Was thinking if it's TMK it shouldn't be too hard to get a QMK port going.

We'll release it when it's ready, definitely before the board ships.