Author Topic: R4 Zealio Switch/Zeal60RGB/Zealencio Silencing Clips/Transparent Screw-in Stabs!  (Read 306392 times)

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
Show Image

Switches/stabilizers inbound for tomorrow, not today. Sorry!
Fingers crossed that there are no complications and I get my order on friday or saturday, I don't fancy waiting for monday.

That would require shipping out Wednesday...Sorry to bring you bad news but...
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
Looking forward to my mega order shipping out once the Zeal60 is in. Also just got the MD notification for Zealencios shipping. Thanks, Zeal!

Offline itskuroi

Looking forward to my mega order shipping out once the Zeal60 is in. Also just got the MD notification for Zealencios shipping. Thanks, Zeal!

Hah same! I literally ordered everything and asked him to ship everything once Lustro comes as well. May as well bathe in everything.

Part of me wonders if I'll have to lube the stabs at all...
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 November 2016, 17:19:51 by deleonhle »

Offline kawasaki161

Show Image

Switches/stabilizers inbound for tomorrow, not today. Sorry!
Fingers crossed that there are no complications and I get my order on friday or saturday, I don't fancy waiting for monday.

That would require shipping out Wednesday...Sorry to bring you bad news but...
Oh right, I was one day off  because I forgot about the Timezones. :( ah well, isn't the end of the world.

Offline yookwh

Hey there, just received my batch of 78g's and sip's. They look and feel great! Unfortunately I made two mistakes:

1) Short-ordering the sip's
2) Ordering in advance the wrong sized LED's

I just made another order on your site  :thumb:

I'm hoping I get them soon

Thanks!

Offline yookwh

BTW, I just noticed that in the email I sent you in regard to orders 5201 and 5202, I wanted to get a refund for just the shipping, and still get the 2nd order of the sips. The little ziplock bag that had the sips also had written on it, "#5201, 260X SIPs, 2/2." I'm guessing you referred back to the emails and decided to refund the order altogether?

At the end of the day, I still had the make another order because of my mistake with the LED's, but I just thought I'd point out the miscommunication in regard to this whole ordeal.

No big deal. This was honestly one of the best GB's that I've attended, and I hope to purchase more things from you in the future

(P.S. I am the one who ordered 90 white LED's and the SIPs just now)

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
BTW, I just noticed that in the email I sent you in regard to orders 5201 and 5202, I wanted to get a refund for just the shipping, and still get the 2nd order of the sips. The little ziplock bag that had the sips also had written on it, "#5201, 260X SIPs, 2/2." I'm guessing you referred back to the emails and decided to refund the order altogether?

At the end of the day, I still had the make another order because of my mistake with the LED's, but I just thought I'd point out the miscommunication in regard to this whole ordeal.

No big deal. This was honestly one of the best GB's that I've attended, and I hope to purchase more things from you in the future

(P.S. I am the one who ordered 90 white LED's and the SIPs just now)

#5201 contained:
90x 78g Zealios
130x SIPs

#5202 contained:
130x SIPs

I refunded the shipping on #5202 and combined it with #5201, hence #5201 260x SIPs 2/2. It's just how we number orders internally when processing combined orders. You'll only see the earliest order # you have and everything else will be combined into it. So if someone had 3 separate orders all combined, the bags won't show the original order # that reflects the contents.

Everything was fulfilled correctly and Order #5202 didn't get cancelled, just merged. Hope that clarifies.

Offline yookwh

But I only got 130 instead of 260 SIPs?

Offline tandalor2

Zeal, just wanted to say thanks, it must be crazy with trying to pack everything while avoiding and dealing with the bumps in road that come with GBs like this. Can't wait for my feelios!  :thumb:

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
But I only got 130 instead of 260 SIPs?

Sorry that there was a fulfillment mistake on the SIPs. Will add the extra 130x onto your most recent order and have it shipped out pronto.

Offline yookwh

I already ordered the 130 SIPs (Order 5843) along with the LED's. If you can use the cost for the SIPs for shipping and get it here sooner than usual (While refunding me the difference), I don't mind paying the full cost. Otherwise, if you are busy with the other orders (Which I totally understand), you can just send me the full refund for the cost of the SIPs. Let me know what works, thanks

Offline neralo

R4 Zealio Switch/Zeal60RGB/Zealencio Silencing Clips/Transparent Screw-in Stabs!
« Reply #411 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 20:50:35 »

Look what came in yesterday! Can't wait to put them on something! Special thanks to Zeal for changing my order from 67g to 78g too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
I already ordered the 130 SIPs (Order 5843) along with the LED's. If you can use the cost for the SIPs for shipping and get it here sooner than usual (While refunding me the difference), I don't mind paying the full cost. Otherwise, if you are busy with the other orders (Which I totally understand), you can just send me the full refund for the cost of the SIPs. Let me know what works, thanks

Done & packed as requested.

Offline djchup

• i write code
Installed my Zealencios on sunday and loving them, definitely prefer them to o-rings.  One thing I'll mention is that they wouldn't work with my MX Brocaps (Gamer set and reaper).  Bro caps get stuck when pressed if zealencios installed.  Not a big deal to me, just posting here in case anyone was curious.

D'you have any SA caps to try with the zealencios by chance?

I don't, sorry.

Offline Aperture_Sci

• ZZ96 / 65g Zealios / GMK Sky Dolch
Hey Zeal,

Any idea what Order # you've gotten to. No rush, just excited I can finally build my RS96 :D

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Hey Zeal,

Any idea what Order # you've gotten to. No rush, just excited I can finally build my RS96 :D

I actually finished packing everything that could be shipped last night. All remaining orders are either waiting for 67g, 78g, stabilizers, Zeal60 or any combination of those.

Status update on shipment...it appears only a portion of my shipment arrived in LA early last night, with a few other boxes moving a few hours later. Unfortunately that means the shipment did not all arrive in USA last night and will delay the arrival by another day.

Offline rawrjau

• Stop making nice things so I can stop spending
Hey Zeal,

I actually finished packing everything that could be shipped last night. All remaining orders are either waiting for 67g, 78g, stabilizers, Zeal60 or any combination of those.

Status update on shipment...it appears only a portion of my shipment arrived in LA early last night, with a few other boxes moving a few hours later. Unfortunately that means the shipment did not all arrive in USA last night and will delay the arrival by another day.

Show Image

Damn it shipping services! I just sold my Pok3r, and I don't want to be typing on my old corsair board for longer than a week =(

Offline Parva Ovis

My package arrived today! The zealios are so pretty.

Offline tripandfall426

I'm trying to my my 78g R4 zealios on my b.mini kit from winkeyless and I can't get them to sit flush with the face plate. It seems like the only way to have them sit perfect is by clipping the little pegs on the bottom on the left and right side. The plate/pcb supports pcb mount so I don't know why I'm having such a difficult time with this. I think I'm gonna have to clip all the bottoms to make it work  :(

Edit: I didn't have to clip the little plastic pegs when I did my previous b.mini but it seems like the cherry pegs are slightly thinner than the zealios ones.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 November 2016, 17:02:15 by tripandfall426 »

b.mini

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
I'm trying to my my 78g R4 zealios on my b.mini kit from winkeyless and I can't get them to sit flush with the face plate. It seems like the only way to have them sit perfect is by clipping the little pegs on the bottom on the left and right side. The plate/pcb supports pcb mount so I don't know why I'm having such a difficult time with this. I think I'm gonna have to clip all the bottoms to make it work  :(

Edit: I didn't have to clip the little plastic pegs when I did my previous b.mini but it seems like the cherry pegs are slightly thinner than the zealios ones.

Give the legs a bit of a squeeze (2x, half rotates) with some needle nose pliers. Winkeyless PCBs have a very slightly smaller diameter to make Cherry PCB mount feel "tighter". It'll fit in easier after you squeeze the legs.

Offline tripandfall426

Give the legs a bit of a squeeze (2x, half rotates) with some needle nose pliers. Winkeyless PCBs have a very slightly smaller diameter to make Cherry PCB mount feel "tighter". It'll fit in easier after you squeeze the legs.

oh jeez I wish I would've waited a little longer, I already clipped half of them. It's okay though because winkeyless boards support both pcb and plate mount.

b.mini

Offline tripandfall426

Well good news is the board is completely assembled and all the switches work perfectly! I got 65g and 78g zealios, I put the 78g on the b.mini I just built. 65g definitely feel like the bump is more on at the top compared to the 78g. I personally like the latter since it is closer to clears.

bonus pics:
154200-0
154202-1
154204-2
154206-3
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 November 2016, 20:29:14 by tripandfall426 »

b.mini

Offline Owntrolf

Are the R4 the ones with the darker stems

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Are the R4 the ones with the darker stems

That's the new 78g Zealio stem colour. Each Zealio stem has a different shade of purple from light to dark, which corresponds to their respective light to heavy weight.

Offline yookwh

Hey everyone, I'm kicking myself for not ordering more switches than I would want for just one keyboard and was wondering if anyone here had any extra 78g R4 (I'm guessing Zeal does not have any more). If you are in the U.S. and have extras, feel free to PM me  ;)

Offline Dominathan

• Too many keyboards? Not enough hands.
Are the PCBs on their way?!

Offline FioraCorp

• AKA ABC
    • My insta
Hey everyone, I'm kicking myself for not ordering more switches than I would want for just one keyboard and was wondering if anyone here had any extra 78g R4 (I'm guessing Zeal does not have any more). If you are in the U.S. and have extras, feel free to PM me  ;)
AFAI understand, Zeal should have extra 78gs for sale at the retail price of $1 each once the GB has been taken care of.  Forgive me if I have misspoke.

Offline forevermadrigal

AFAI understand, Zeal should have extra 78gs for sale at the retail price of $1 each once the GB has been taken care of.  Forgive me if I have misspoke.
Sold out already.

Offline Dominathan

• Too many keyboards? Not enough hands.
Sold out already.

Oh no!  Curse our constant recommending of Zeals!  They're too popular now!!

Offline loud_asian

Are the PCBs on their way?!

Zeal mentioned that the pcbs shipped out today and will be delivered tomorrow on discord
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline forevermadrigal

Anyone lube some of their zealios yet? I wanna hear some lubed goodness sound tests  :p

Offline toads

Is there a force chart anywhere for the new R4 78g switches?

Thanks.

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.

Thanks.

Force charts have never been provided with Zealios. There are a few reasons behind that and I won't go into specifics, but Gateron has requested to keep them private. Just for your own reference, force charts published by Cherry, Gateron, Kailh, etc have always been "for reference only" and never accurately reflected the actual curves.

Offline toads

Thanks.

Force charts have never been provided with Zealios. There are a few reasons behind that and I won't go into specifics, but Gateron has requested to keep them private. Just for your own reference, force charts published by Cherry, Gateron, Kailh, etc have always been "for reference only" and never accurately reflected the actual curves.

Got it, thank you!

I ordered 100 78g switches sometime this week. Hoping they'll be like clears with the heavy bottom out and just a tad lighter while being smoother.

Offline Spazturtle

Will the be another round of Zealencios? And if so when do you think that might be?

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
Dem other packages come in? I've all but lost hope of being able to build my board this weekend.  :'(

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Will the be another round of Zealencios? And if so when do you think that might be?

Along with R5 Zealios, GB will probably open around the later half of December.
Dem other packages come in? I've all but lost hope of being able to build my board this weekend.  :'(

Only a partial shipment came in... 5 of 13 boxes. The remaining 8 should come in tomorrow, along with Zeal60 PCBs.

Offline ohFortuna

Crap, looks like my epiphany of the way to my feelios was a few weeks late.

Any idea on if when another round of the switches or zealencios might occur? Or am I relegated to checking the market for the foreseeable future?
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 December 2016, 03:17:36 by ohFortuna »

Offline myotherteeshirt

welp, my bad for not checking, but the zealencios wont fit with 4 pin rgb leds. should i even attempt to cut/shave/otherwise maul my way to maybe possibly making it fit?

also, any word in the wind about a zeal tkl pcb?

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
welp, my bad for not checking, but the zealencios wont fit with 4 pin rgb leds. should i even attempt to cut/shave/otherwise maul my way to maybe possibly making it fit?

also, any word in the wind about a zeal tkl pcb?

You can definitely try hacking away at the LED slot to make room, but as with any mod, no guarantees offered. The clips will still remain clipped on, as they are mounted on the sides.

Zeal TKL PCB...maybe. No preliminary plans or drawings yet.

Offline shangrila500

Only a partial shipment came in... 5 of 13 boxes. The remaining 8 should come in tomorrow, along with Zeal60 PCBs.

Did the rest of the shipment come in today or did the shipping company mess up again?

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.

Did the rest of the shipment come in today or did the shipping company mess up again?

Only 2 parcels made it out of LAX Airport to BC. It's been out for delivery since noon, not sure if they will deliver past business hours. So...if they don't arrive, then we can expect the 8 parcels for Monday.

The Zeal60 PCBs were shipped via UPS and ended up getting delayed in customs...Delivery for Monday.

*sigh peak season.

I also have a small update for everyone that ordered the transparent screw-in stabilizers. Not sure what happened from samples to final production, but the screws are a few fractions of a mm too wide to fit into the nuts. I've contacted Gateron yesterday about the issue and they'll be working on sending out replacement screws asap. Sorry for the delay everyone. :(

Offline Malenky

At least it's only the screws that need replacing, and not the mould!

Offline AceRuckus

Only 2 parcels made it out of LAX Airport to BC. It's been out for delivery since noon, not sure if they will deliver past business hours. So...if they don't arrive, then we can expect the 8 parcels for Monday.

The Zeal60 PCBs were shipped via UPS and ended up getting delayed in customs...Delivery for Monday.

*sigh peak season.

I also have a small update for everyone that ordered the transparent screw-in stabilizers. Not sure what happened from samples to final production, but the screws are a few fractions of a mm too wide to fit into the nuts. I've contacted Gateron yesterday about the issue and they'll be working on sending out replacement screws asap. Sorry for the delay everyone. :(

Can't wait zeal! Thanks for a great gb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline forevermadrigal

Sucks for everyone waiting for their switches, luckily for me I'm waiting for my board to come so the wait isn't that bad  :thumb:

Offline clappingcactus

Hey Zeal,

Guessing this also affects the massdrop orders?

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.

Hey Zeal,

Guessing this also affects the massdrop orders?

Yes. But replacement screws shouldn't take long to have re-made and sent out. Most likely won't affect the MD fulfillment date.

Offline itskuroi

Sucks for everyone waiting for their switches, luckily for me I'm waiting for my board to come so the wait isn't that bad  :thumb:

i'm waiting on literally everything haha. switches, stabs, pcb, lustro, zealencios, lube. IT'S GONNA BE SO HYPE WHEN THEY ALL SHIP OUT

Offline jessica

• Formerly CuteDreamsOfYou & Brazzers
  • HHKB is the only good layout

*sigh peak season.

Wow, this GB just can't catch a break...

Offline yookwh

Hey Zeal, what is the situation of the transparent gold plated stabalizers? I saw them go live on MassDrop to be delivered by January, but if I were to order through your website, when can I expect to get them?