Author Topic: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS (Complete)  (Read 866755 times)

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
Re: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS
« Reply #1600 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 15:38:11 »
For those wishing they had gone for the aluminum bottoms, in a few weeks hes going to open up the extras sale and should have extra bottoms I believe.

Kinda sad jchan94's logistics don't allow for grouping with the GB order though. I'd have gone for an extra alu bottom but no way I'm going for DHL shipping and extortion import fees twice on this. Oh well.

I feel like that'd be unfair, as those who are in the GB have waited a while to get their boards, and I want to get them out asap. During the GB (participation period), people had the opportunity to change their orders, which many did, such as color, or upgrading this or that. But after the payment was made, it was pretty much locked in.

Waiting to get an extra piece ordered would take a long time because there's no clear date on when the extras will be up as well, so I'd have to just keep the box here for a while and that's only help if you would be able to get an extra.

At the current state, I'm really worried, and by the sounds of chatter, there aren't enough units available which is unfortunate.

So I hope you find my decision fair, although, not in your favor. Sorry mate :(
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #1601 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 15:40:55 »
Also, thanks to all of you who checked out the M65-A at the Seattle meetup. The meetup was amazing, and I can't wait til the next one.

Shipping to start tomorrow, cheers and have a good day.

Offline kustom3

• bonjour
« Reply #1602 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 15:46:15 »
For those wishing they had gone for the aluminum bottoms, in a few weeks hes going to open up the extras sale and should have extra bottoms I believe.

Kinda sad jchan94's logistics don't allow for grouping with the GB order though. I'd have gone for an extra alu bottom but no way I'm going for DHL shipping and extortion import fees twice on this. Oh well.

I feel like that'd be unfair, as those who are in the GB have waited a while to get their boards, and I want to get them out asap. During the GB (participation period), people had the opportunity to change their orders, which many did, such as color, or upgrading this or that. But after the payment was made, it was pretty much locked in.

Waiting to get an extra piece ordered would take a long time because there's no clear date on when the extras will be up as well, so I'd have to just keep the box here for a while and that's only help if you would be able to get an extra.

At the current state, I'm really worried, and by the sounds of chatter, there aren't enough units available which is unfortunate.

So I hope you find my decision fair, although, not in your favor. Sorry mate :(

No worries jchan, I called it sad, not unfair. If anything, that's on me for not realizing earlier I should've gone for an extra alu bottom.

I also understand how you're working with limited space and handling multiple GBs at the same time, so keeping boxes on the side for people like me can be hard. Even when willing to delay a shipment and gamble they'll be fast enough to grab extras.

:thumb:

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #1603 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 15:49:54 »
Cheers dude. Glad you understand my position.

In any case, I'll get this out asap for you to enjoy :)

Offline Arallu

« Reply #1604 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 15:52:14 »
Perhaps we can ask if round 2 will have a separate aluminum bottom option for us short on funds during round 1! I know I'd be fine if that was an option.

Offline CMYK

« Reply #1605 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 18:21:53 »
After seeing the variety of M65's at the recent Seattle meetup, and experiencing Alps based boards, it would be awesome if there was an Alps plate for R2.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #1606 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 20:35:07 »
After seeing the variety of M65's at the recent Seattle meetup, and experiencing Alps based boards, it would be awesome if there was an Alps plate for R2.

Jchan provided the plate files, you can simply modify it yourself and have a plate cut. Offering a factory plate is not feasible for Alps, since it is not possible to have an universal Alps plate (because of the nature of mounting Alps switches, all Alps plates have to be cut completely specific to the keycaps being used, with regards to the keycap spacing as well as the type of stabiliser used).

Also, even if an Alps plate is offered, what PCB are you gonna use with it? There are no Alps 68% PCBs currently on the market.
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #1607 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 20:39:08 »
Someone a while back asked me about alps and said he's down to make the pcb and plate, and I'm open to offering it in r2 and a plate combo.

R2 is gonna be sick, but let's not look too far ahead. We still have a lot to settle for this one!

Won't caps be difficult to find for it though?

Offline CMYK

« Reply #1608 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 21:47:22 »

Jchan provided the plate files, you can simply modify it yourself and have a plate cut. Offering a factory plate is not feasible for Alps, since it is not possible to have an universal Alps plate (because of the nature of mounting Alps switches, all Alps plates have to be cut completely specific to the keycaps being used, with regards to the keycap spacing as well as the type of stabiliser used).

Also, even if an Alps plate is offered, what PCB are you gonna use with it? There are no Alps 68% PCBs currently on the market.

I didn't realize that barrier.  I enjoyed myself so much at the meet I got a little ahead of self.  I really fell in love with the various small keyboards like the Fjell, minivan at the meet so I was hoping to be able to combine Alps and 65% together.
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 July 2017, 21:55:05 by CMYK »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1609 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 23:50:25 »
Someone a while back asked me about alps and said he's down to make the pcb and plate, and I'm open to offering it in r2 and a plate combo.

R2 is gonna be sick, but let's not look too far ahead. We still have a lot to settle for this one!

ALPS people are resourceful, don't worry about them
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #1610 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 06:03:14 »
An alps M65 sounds pretty awesome to me!  ;)

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #1611 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 06:19:28 »

The hardest part will be accommodating for all the different stabilizer types and orientations.
Universal alps plates also aren't that much of a thing because they clip in to the west and east side instead of north and south.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #1612 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 08:23:02 »

The hardest part will be accommodating for all the different stabilizer types and orientations.
Universal alps plates also aren't that much of a thing because they clip in to the west and east side instead of north and south.

^^

Basically what I said
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #1613 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 09:21:30 »

^^

Basically what I said

Whoops, my brain skipped the first paragraph after the first sentence for some reason.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1614 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 09:31:14 »
I assume R2 components will be compatible with R1?  Like, if I wanted to order just an alu bottom or a second plate/pcb?
keyboards.

Offline MojoBandit

« Reply #1615 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 09:36:24 »
I assume R2 components will be compatible with R1?  Like, if I wanted to order just an alu bottom or a second plate/pcb?

Really interested about this as well.

Offline VentureG

« Reply #1616 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 11:26:28 »
Totally unrelated but I would love a similar design in a 60% form factor. Total dream board. Looking forward to extras/R2!

Offline heyitsqi

« Reply #1617 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 12:48:13 »
Totally unrelated but I would love a similar design in a 60% form factor. Total dream board. Looking forward to extras/R2!

Second a 60%. Right now considering waiting for the Fjell so I think it'd come to whoever came first  :p

Offline therealmckellar

« Reply #1618 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 13:07:04 »
They literally haven't even started thinking about this. All they're trying to do is ship R1 right now then the sale of leftovers. Why would they know anything about R2?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #1619 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 14:18:51 »
They literally haven't even started thinking about this. All they're trying to do is ship R1 right now then the sale of leftovers. Why would they know anything about R2?

This literally makes no sense. I feel like they should have some idea if they plan to redesign components regardless of if they have started to do so or not.

I don't quite get the apprehension around talking about R2 now. I don't feel like anyone expects jchan to prioritize R2 over shipping or extras. People are just excited about this keyboard and they wanna make sure they can get it.

I totally plan to try and get an extra, but tbh, I don't expect to land one since I doubt there really are that many. I also wanna plan ahead to make sure I have the money ready to get at least 1-2 from R2. That doesn't mean anyone is demanding R2 immediately. TBH, in a month or two would be even easier. I've spent a lot this month.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1620 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 15:19:02 »

The simple fact that jchan has spoken about r2 means they have though about r2. Unless he's speaking in tongues and channeling the word of the keyboard God's when typing r2 in this thread.  So, it feels pretty safe to ask if r2 will be a rerun of the same, if there will be changes, or if no decision has been made.
keyboards.

Offline MojoBandit

« Reply #1621 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 15:36:56 »

The simple fact that jchan has spoken about r2 means they have though about r2. Unless he's speaking in tongues and channeling the word of the keyboard God's when typing r2 in this thread.  So, it feels pretty safe to ask if r2 will be a rerun of the same, if there will be changes, or if no decision has been made.

You are all completely wrong. R2 is in fact the codename for the next Rama project, the RAMA 2, a binary keyboard.
Because let's face it, who needs 65 keys when you have a one and a zero key.

Now stop asking questions and wait quietly next to your mailbox like the rest of us.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #1622 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 15:46:41 »
Hi everyone,

To clarify, we'll be planning our r2 after we finish this. With the response from the community, we wanted to make sure that people who wanted the m65a, are able to get one. By mentioning it, I want to try to assure people that they'll have the opportunity to have this beautiful keyboard.

This lead me to start pondering on at least the colors we want to offer for the second round, and that's the only thing we have set for now. There is no timeline, just a general idea of a plan, such as streamlining our logistics to have a faster turnaround.

In any case, alps and such, might be included, but it's uncertain. The greatest thing about customs is that you make it your own, and offering the alps option, would be fantastic to help you achieve your personal board. We don't have any reworked electronics for it currently, so keep this in mind.
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 July 2017, 16:09:12 by jchan94 »

Offline jjwax

« Reply #1623 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 16:09:52 »
Can we start talking about round 3? I'd really like to see some way to include a bottle opener into the PCB, and definitely needs to be VR-compatible

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1624 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 16:29:36 »
Can we start talking about round 3? I'd really like to see some way to include a bottle opener into the PCB, and definitely needs to be VR-compatible

Just as long as the VR is NORDE kit compatible, oh, and I'm need a 10u spacebar or it's trash

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #1625 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 00:17:03 »
Hi everyone,

To clarify, we'll be planning our r2 after we finish this. With the response from the community, we wanted to make sure that people who wanted the m65a, are able to get one. By mentioning it, I want to try to assure people that they'll have the opportunity to have this beautiful keyboard.

This lead me to start pondering on at least the colors we want to offer for the second round, and that's the only thing we have set for now. There is no timeline, just a general idea of a plan, such as streamlining our logistics to have a faster turnaround.

In any case, alps and such, might be included, but it's uncertain. The greatest thing about customs is that you make it your own, and offering the alps option, would be fantastic to help you achieve your personal board. We don't have any reworked electronics for it currently, so keep this in mind.

Colours? Don’t leave us hanging dude!

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #1626 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 00:36:59 »
Hi everyone,

Colours? Don’t leave us hanging dude!

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess some sort of navy for Yuri/Nautilus/CalmDepths. Perhaps some pink/purple for Laser? And maybe something to go with Solarized Dark? Oh, also maybe orange for Carbon and/or Red for Forge? (I'm so screwed if all those colors actually happen :P). I for one would love a green one for Senna, but I didn't think about a 65% when I ordered it so I'd have to find something for the right of enter >_<.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #1627 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 01:00:10 »
I'd be in again for R2 if there was Titanium/Selenite Grey, somthing two thirds the way between Spacegray and Black :rolleyes:

Offline anthonyooiszewen

« Reply #1629 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 01:47:03 »
I'd be in again for R2 if there was Titanium/Selenite Grey, somthing two thirds the way between Spacegray and Black :rolleyes:

Gunmetal please.

Also, copper/bronze!

Offline Madēo

« Reply #1630 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 02:29:20 »
I'd really like to see Anodised Relic (Purple) & Corona (Bronze Orange) RAMA colours for R2.

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #1631 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 06:17:58 »
I'd really like to see Anodised Relic (Purple) & Corona (Bronze Orange) RAMA colours for R2.

Bronze orange would look really nice.

Offline yokken

« Reply #1632 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 09:43:16 »

Bronze orange would look really nice.

Oh yes indeed. But then I would be torn between that and navy blue.  :'(

Offline Dominathan

• Too many keyboards? Not enough hands.
« Reply #1633 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 10:11:59 »
Maybe I'll get the pitchforks, but what about USB-C for R2? RGB? Maybe team up with Zeal for the perfect board and case?

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #1634 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 12:36:24 »
Maybe I'll get the pitchforks, but what about USB-C for R2? RGB? Maybe team up with Zeal for the perfect board and case?

The problem with this is I would need new pants
KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #1635 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 15:33:01 »
To all the people requesting features: go watch jchan's talk at the Seattle meetup.

221 emails on just the rubber feet.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline blackginger

« Reply #1636 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 15:43:43 »
To all the people requesting features: go watch jchan's talk at the Seattle meetup.

I'd love to, where can I find this?

Offline ambalek

• Pizza tonight/Threat neutralized
« Reply #1637 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 16:04:27 »

I'd love to, where can I find this?

It's on their Twitch topclack panel streams: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/161160995

Offline kitchenace13

« Reply #1638 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 16:14:05 »
It's on their Twitch topclack panel streams: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/161160995

Video of his talk starts around 48 minute mark. 

Offline Tally810

« Reply #1639 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 16:18:53 »
Jchan sent ya an email about the rubber feet on my m-65.  Thx dude

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1640 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 17:09:45 »
Jchan sent ya an email about the rubber feet on my m-65.  Thx dude

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Sweet, maybe we can get him to start a 4th chain about rubber feet!

Offline Harms

« Reply #1641 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 02:16:33 »
Hello

Congrats to everyone in this group buy.

I had a question about the Extras. The R2 GB M65's will be cheaper than the extras correct?

I'm only asking because I would rather skip the extras then and wait for R2 whenever it may be.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #1642 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 02:22:23 »
Hello

Congrats to everyone in this group buy.

I had a question about the Extras. The R2 GB M65's will be cheaper than the extras correct?

I'm only asking because I would rather skip the extras then and wait for R2 whenever it may be.

The pricing might be different from R1 due to possible material change (jchan suggested to use Alu 6063 instead), but in either case I'm pretty sure that GB will remain cheaper than retail.

Offline kitchenace13

« Reply #1643 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 10:05:46 »
The pricing might be different from R1 due to possible material change (jchan suggested to use Alu 6063 instead), but in either case I'm pretty sure that GB will remain cheaper than retail.

What sort of Alu does R1 use?  More just curious!

Offline I_need_a_bath

« Reply #1644 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 10:20:19 »

What sort of Alu does R1 use?  More just curious!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1645 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 12:53:32 »
Just wondering if anyone has received shipping notice yet.  Jchan said on Sunday the 23rd that Shipping would start on Monday the 24th.

I know, I know:

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #1646 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 13:00:26 »
Afaik he had/has a fever. He said he's going to work today though.

Offline KINGPIN

« Reply #1647 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 13:32:28 »
Toot for brass m65a
Levia Makes

Offline consolelog

« Reply #1648 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 15:02:17 »

Id have a fever too if I saw all those beautiful keebs.

RAMA FEVER

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1649 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 15:10:03 »

Id have a fever too if I saw all those beautiful keebs.

RAMA FEVER

Let me guess, the only cure for that fever is more brass?