Author Topic: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS (Complete)  (Read 858493 times)

Offline BAS1C

Re: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS
« Reply #1950 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 09:35:47 »
Knowing there's no r2 makes me wonder how much I could fetch for mine but that would mean dealing with a subpar keyboard.

Do I smell dolphins already?  :))

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #1951 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 09:54:26 »
Knowing there's no r2 makes me wonder how much I could fetch for mine but that would mean dealing with a subpar keyboard.

Offline Valaris

« Reply #1952 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 10:39:46 »

Dolphins?

Offline Nonster

• Lo-Ki Studios
« Reply #1953 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 10:40:49 »

Dolphins?
Faster than lightning.
More

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #1954 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 10:41:07 »

Dolphins?

he's calling you a flipper

Offline rioc

« Reply #1955 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 10:47:18 »

Dolphins?

he's calling you a flipper

and not the table kind   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 August 2017, 10:52:48 by rioc »

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #1956 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 11:17:58 »
Appreciate all the hard work you do jchan, you and rama are the guiding force that drove me to seriously exploring this hobby in the first place. 
I saw the m65-a renders and was like I don't know what's the deal here but I have to have this keyboard. 
Since then I've tinkered with different keyboards, caps, switches, builds, mods and artisans but this project was always the holy grail. 
If it takes a little longer to get I don't mind we've already waited a while already, will just make finally getting it all the more potent.
Thank you for making this possible!

Offline robbles

« Reply #1957 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 11:34:47 »
Just goes to show that you should always give people the benefit of the doubt. You never know what they may have going on in their life. You've only ever treated your patrons with 100% respect, and should not feel guilty at all for prioritizing your personal matters. Your life is priority #1 jchan. Everyone else can wait. It's just a keyboard.
How does one become so interested in a thing like keyboards? When you realize you use a keyboard more than any other tool in your life.

Offline Aesomatica

« Reply #1958 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 15:33:09 »
Thanks for the reply Jchan, wishing your loved ones a speedy recovery. I also appreciate you doing it 'right' and not rushing through the QA process.

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #1959 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 15:39:48 »
Real life happens.  People need to do a better job understanding that when it comes to these community projects and group buys that are run by a small # of fellow hobbyists. 

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #1960 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 16:46:52 »
Real life happens.  People need to do a better job understanding that when it comes to these community projects and group buys that are run by a small # of fellow hobbyists.

This is true, but you also mustn't forget, Keyclack is a legitimate business, and not a side job/project ontop of another job. It is unfortunate that this GB keeps running into delays, and I am sorry to hear you are going through difficult personal matters JChan. But legitimate businesses do need to remain accountable to their products - I am not saying he is not, just that yes, transparency is good, but also promised dates that keep being missed are not. Hope things are ok at home JChan, and I also hope that some of these boards will ship today as indicated a few posts above.

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #1961 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 16:49:17 »

This is true, but you also mustn't forget, Keyclack is a legitimate business, and not a side job/project ontop of another job. It is unfortunate that this GB keeps running into delays, and I am sorry to hear you are going through difficult personal matters JChan. But legitimate businesses do need to remain accountable to their products - I am not saying he is not, just that yes, transparency is good, but also promised dates that keep being missed are not. Hope things are ok at home JChan, and I also hope that some of these boards will ship today as indicated a few posts above.

Good point, that was simply lack of knowledge on my part as a newb. 

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #1962 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 19:51:10 »

What exactly do you define as "legitimate business"? This was a group but not a retail sale either way. And business or not, Jchan is still just one dude.

I feel like a lot of people are acting as if constantly asking for updates and knowing the current state somehow ensure the group buy goes faster and prevents people from being scammed or something. But all the nagging does is stress the runner out. Do you think he WANTS delays? That he's trying to make people squirm?

For example, asking him to ship stab orders without stabs and then ship stabs later sounds reasonable enough until you really consider what that means. That means he has to double his logistics. 2x the number of boxes to pack. 2x the labels to create. 2x the orders to track. All because people can't deal with a delay. How does that make sense?

I could totally understand if you were genuinely concerned that you might not receive what you ordered, but I don't feel like anyone feels that way. There is a reason Group Buys have all sorts of disclaimers. Delays happen, and there is nothing jchan can do about that. And it's not as if jchan is making stacks on any GB, especially not when you consider the time commitment.

I'm totally bummed there won't be an R2, as I was stoked to get a purple M65 for Laser, but I can't really fault jchan or his thinking and I totally understand where he is coming from. People just need to chill. Your keyboard will ship when it's ready. Nothing you can do will make it ready any sooner.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #1963 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 19:54:06 »
Extra Fun Fact:

Don't run GB's for more than 200 units :).

I've been suspecting this for a while. The individual-run group buy model just does not scale above much over 50-100 units. People are demanding and view the buy differently, there's too much money involved, and the logistics around so many units cause issues every step of the way.

I greatly, *greatly* appreciate the time jchan put into this buy. But I don't for a second envy his situation.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #1964 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 19:57:34 »
Wow. Thanks for all the overwhelming support everyone. It was a great surprise coming into this thread, despite the week I've had.

Today's been a good day. Just finished up at the hospital, and now at the office for the rest of the day responding the emails and I think we'll have about 15 or so boxes packed by the time I finish. I want to make sure they are awesome because it seems a small issue went out to someone in NY.

In any case, I'll keep to it, and try to get this all resolved.

Regarding the whole DHL hold, we might switch over to FedEx international, as I want to consolidate all the shipping to one shipper. FedEx has been fantastic, and has picked up my packages at my office, and scanned them all in front of me. Shipping prices will not change, as we are matching them to my DHL quotas, and hopefully in the future, better quotas.

Again, thanks for your patience, love, and understanding. Thank you, keyboard community

Cheers, jchan.
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #1965 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 20:11:49 »
I'm totally bummed there won't be an R2, as I was stoked to get a purple M65 for Laser, but I can't really fault jchan or his thinking and I totally understand where he is coming from. People just need to chill. Your keyboard will ship when it's ready. Nothing you can do will make it ready any sooner.

Laser would look amazing on that.  Sigh.  Maybe a purple extra will be available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kustom3

• bonjour
« Reply #1966 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 21:43:39 »
I really hate FedEx for International. More fees and usually more problems as well than DHL over here...

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1967 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 23:00:34 »
What exactly do you define as "legitimate business"? This was a group but not a retail sale either way. And business or not, Jchan is still just one dude.

QFT.  Business in this case means that he has a business license, and is trying to build clientele and stock.  Not that he has very much bandwidth.  The fact that he's giving 8 hours a day on this while having a loved on going through brain surgery... I can't even.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #1968 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 23:28:33 »
I really hate FedEx for International. More fees and usually more problems as well than DHL over here...

That's all well and good. But no matter the receiving end jchan still needs to be able to actually ship them and it sounds like they are giving him trouble.

Realistically all shipping companies suck, since it really just depends what locations your stuff passes through. Fedex may be great in 1 city, DHL great in another. There is no perfect option for everyone.

But if FedEx is matching the rates and makes it easier for jchan to ship units, that seems like the better option to me.

It also means he is using a single shipping company which would be easier to tie into his PoS system, especially since from what I remember FedEx has the best API/interface to do such. Being able to just import customer data from PoS to shipping and auto generate labels and shipping manifests could save him a tremendous amount of time and energy.

So while DHL very well may be better for you, FedEx is better for jchan & all his customers overall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline kustom3

• bonjour
« Reply #1969 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 23:42:56 »
[...]

Just sharing my personal negative experiences with FedEx here. Not sure what your point is apart from explaining what was mostly already obvious but thanks anyway. To be honest I'd be more curious about the reason behind the DHL hold as I have no clue why a company would turn down a business opportunity like that.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 August 2017, 01:04:52 by kustom3 »

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #1970 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 01:02:16 »
[...]

Just sharing my personal negative experiences with FedEx here. Not sure what you're point is apart from explaining what was mostly already obvious but thanks anyway. To be honest I'd be more curious about the reason behind the DHL hold as I have no clue why a company would turn down a business opportunity like that.

Haven't dealt with FedEx yet, but DHL was perfect in my books as they handle customs declaration/fees collection etc all by themselves in Europe via their processing center in Frankfurt, its super quick and painless. Will have to see how FedEx deals with it

Offline rioc

« Reply #1971 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 01:18:17 »
I'm in no rush and don't mind either way...

jchan, you just do what works best for you. We support you :)

Offline DreLLin

« Reply #1972 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 02:51:42 »
[...]

Just sharing my personal negative experiences with FedEx here. Not sure what you're point is apart from explaining what was mostly already obvious but thanks anyway. To be honest I'd be more curious about the reason behind the DHL hold as I have no clue why a company would turn down a business opportunity like that.

Haven't dealt with FedEx yet, but DHL was perfect in my books as they handle customs declaration/fees collection etc all by themselves in Europe via their processing center in Frankfurt, its super quick and painless. Will have to see how FedEx deals with it

FedEx is way worse here in Germany. DHL Express is insanely fast with customs and you only have to pay 15€ for the import service.
FedEx is totally different. The customs process almost always takes 3-4 days longer since they handle the packages over to GDSK for customs and you have to pay at least 30€ for their import service.
The only other service I can recommend is UPS, same import fees as DHL and also insanely fast.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #1973 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 03:03:29 »
[...]

FedEx is way worse here in Germany. DHL Express is insanely fast with customs and you only have to pay 15€ for the import service.
FedEx is totally different. The customs process almost always takes 3-4 days longer since they handle the packages over to GDSK for customs and you have to pay at least 30€ for their import service.
The only other service I can recommend is UPS, same import fees as DHL and also insanely fast.

I've never paid processing fees for my imports via DHL or USPS, only VAT. So that'd be new, rip

Offline DreLLin

« Reply #1974 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 03:42:33 »
[...]

I've never paid processing fees for my imports via DHL or USPS, only VAT. So that'd be new, rip

This is an image of an DHL Express invoice I paid for a shipping from Originative with DHL Express

176077-0

If its delivered with DHL Express you won't have the option to pick it up at customs and have to pay the 15€ fees. If it's from standard DHL or USPS and declared correctly with all required forms like packages from massdrop, you can pay the VAT cash when the package gets delivered. If customs have questions you have to pick it up there and also only need to pay VAT.

Only Express shippings (DHL Express, FedEx, UPS, etc.) where the carriers handle everything require you to pay fees.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 August 2017, 03:44:48 by DreLLin »

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #1975 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 06:24:04 »
I don't know how much of a hassle USPS international shipping would be, but for me that would be the best option.
Just make sure all customs forms are included (the standard declaration sheet is not enough for commercial shipments), iirc they also require you to put a copy of the invoice and/or a different form on the outside of the package (in one of these glue on plastic bag thingies) so they will do the customs stuff when it arrives and maybe even deliver it to the recipient's door instead of "local" customs office.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1976 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 09:30:33 »
When you buy into a group buy you are doing so fully understanding that delays can and will happen.  If you don't want delays, don't get in a group buy.  Being a "legitimate business" doesn't matter whatsoever when it comes to group buy delays.  Delays happen on Massdrop all the time, which is a much, much larger company.  There's nothing illegal or wrong about it.   :thumb:
keyboards.

Offline anthonyooiszewen

« Reply #1977 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 09:59:17 »
No stabs orders have been set aside, and those should be going out tomorrow or the day after.

So did anything ship yesterday?

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #1978 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 11:14:11 »
No stabs orders have been set aside, and those should be going out tomorrow or the day after.

Doesn't look like it. Hope all is well with your personal life JChan! Sounds like it is a bit better today, am glad for that. Hopefully the Pop up shop you have going on isn't taking away too much time from getting these orders out the door!

I feel like a lot of people are acting as if constantly asking for updates and knowing the current state somehow ensure the group buy goes faster and prevents people from being scammed or something. But all the nagging does is stress the runner out. Do you think he WANTS delays? That he's trying to make people squirm?

For example, asking him to ship stab orders without stabs and then ship stabs later sounds reasonable enough until you really consider what that means. That means he has to double his logistics. 2x the number of boxes to pack. 2x the labels to create. 2x the orders to track. All because people can't deal with a delay. How does that make sense?

I could totally understand if you were genuinely concerned that you might not receive what you ordered, but I don't feel like anyone feels that way. There is a reason Group Buys have all sorts of disclaimers. Delays happen, and there is nothing jchan can do about that. And it's not as if jchan is making stacks on any GB, especially not when you consider the time commitment.

You kind of went off on a tangent here but I will try to clarify. For one, I don't think anyone asked him to ship stabs separately later. By opting out of stabs it was understood you would not be getting them, as a trade off to get your board out right away rather than wait for GMK shipment to come in. But last I heard the stabs were in US on Monday, and nothing has shipped in two weeks now. JChan is also very transparent and I definitely appreciate that, i think you got me wrong here, am not asking for more updates - he is bang on with those. Now that everything is in hand, any delays should not be out of his control, as you stated. Hopefully we are nearing the end of missed ship dates and we can all have our M65s before the end of the month.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 August 2017, 11:19:56 by BAS1C »

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #1979 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 11:48:49 »
When you buy into a group buy you are doing so fully understanding that delays can and will happen.  If you don't want delays, don't get in a group buy.  Being a "legitimate business" doesn't matter whatsoever when it comes to group buy delays.  Delays happen on Massdrop all the time, which is a much, much larger company.  There's nothing illegal or wrong about it.   :thumb:

Yeah going into group buys you expect delays, but just because we've been hammered with delays in what seems like each and every GB doesn't mean we have to accept it happily. The thing more frustrating to me right now is that people over in Asian have had their boards and had the posted build logs over two months ago and we're still here waiting for what seems like one delay after another.

Yes there's potentially nothing illegal about it (but Massdrop seems to require people to reconfirm their drops that have additional delays, and it's usually due to the manufacture that causes the delay), but to say that there's nothing wrong with it doesn't help the community or anyone looking to get into the hobby, and re-enforces the undesirable standard of month long delays as normal. I would expect that the experience with a group buy started by a vendor, with prior experience would should be better than your standard GB's.

Sorry for the rant, maybe my expectations from Jchan is too high, and he's probably have a pretty crappy time right now, but I don't think it's unreasonable for us to also be frustrated at this point.

Offline CamRank1

« Reply #1980 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 12:44:10 »

Doesn't look like it. Hope all is well with your personal life JChan! Sounds like it is a bit better today, am glad for that. Hopefully the Pop up shop you have going on isn't taking away too much time from getting these orders out the door!

You kind of went off on a tangent here but I will try to clarify. For one, I don't think anyone asked him to ship stabs separately later. By opting out of stabs it was understood you would not be getting them, as a trade off to get your board out right away rather than wait for GMK shipment to come in. But last I heard the stabs were in US on Monday, and nothing has shipped in two weeks now. JChan is also very transparent and I definitely appreciate that, i think you got me wrong here, am not asking for more updates - he is bang on with those. Now that everything is in hand, any delays should not be out of his control, as you stated. Hopefully we are nearing the end of missed ship dates and we can all have our M65s before the end of the month.

Well Said! I too, am wondering what the point of opt-ing out was..

Offline anthonyooiszewen

« Reply #1981 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 13:00:25 »

Ayy at least now he has a bunch of free stabilizers he can sell on Keyclack. Wish we'll at least get the spacebar stab with our orders since only the 2u ones were "missing."

Offline Nonster

• Lo-Ki Studios
« Reply #1982 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 13:08:56 »

Ayy at least now he has a bunch of free stabilizers he can sell on Keyclack. Wish we'll at least get the spacebar stab with our orders since only the 2u ones were "missing."
Jchan should have never let himself get pressured into having people opt out of stabs, it's caused too much confusion and upset buyers.

I know it's tough to see a group of people who got their M65-As before we have but it is what it is. We will all get our boards eventually,  probably very soon, a delay is not going to kill us.

We all need to take a deep breath and be patient, this hobby is very frustrating if you can't do that. Jchan will make this right whether you opted out of stabs or not, I could only imagine the pressure he's currently under.
More

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #1983 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 13:21:47 »
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your understanding for the current state of my life, and everything that is going on with this buy.

Here are a few details to take note of:

1. If you're unwilling to wait, or are unsatisfied with the wait times. Please contact support@keyclack.com for a refund. You will not lose any paypal fees (due to being outside of 180 days) if you opt for this; I will pay for the fees.

2. If you opt'd out of stabs, I'll be including the 6.25u + 4x 2u on your order. This is simply because, delays are delays, and such is life. I said you'd get them included, so you'll get them, even tho you opt'd out, but the delay is even more reason to get it back in.

3. About 10 units were packed last night. Please check your email tonight, possibly after 2AM PDT, for that.

Hope this information helps, thanks for all your patience, love, and understanding.

Cheers

Offline Arallu

« Reply #1984 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 13:48:13 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 10:16:31 by Arallu »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1985 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 14:23:41 »
I got to see a Rose Gold kit today.  WOW!!!  This has to be one of my favorite kits to date: everything from the keyboard design, to packaging and presentation (that box is super luxe!), to accessories (the cool keyboard mat) are just perfect.  The rose gold satiny anodizing is absolutely gorgeous.  I'm in love.

Amazing job on this group buy, jchan94!

(P.S.: forgot to mention, the desk mat seems to have an iridescent sheen to it?  It seems to shift color from bluish to lavender-ish pink, just a faint sheen in daylight).
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 August 2017, 14:30:48 by Photoelectric »
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #1986 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 08:32:07 »
I don't know how much of a hassle USPS international shipping would be, but for me that would be the best option.
Just make sure all customs forms are included (the standard declaration sheet is not enough for commercial shipments), iirc they also require you to put a copy of the invoice and/or a different form on the outside of the package (in one of these glue on plastic bag thingies) so they will do the customs stuff when it arrives and maybe even deliver it to the recipient's door instead of "local" customs office.

You know what, this was a dumb comment on (USPS is also bad rn because the customs office is moving in the timeframe it'd arrive), just do whatever works best for you  :thumb: .
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 August 2017, 09:01:03 by kawasaki161 »

Offline Andrewbot5

« Reply #1987 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 09:29:52 »
No R2 means I am off to the aftermarket to find one of these beauties. I appreciate the attention to detail in this GB and am only more excited to try and get one sometime soon :thumb:

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #1988 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 13:50:07 »
Hi,

Post 2 is updated with shipments from this morning's haul.

Please check your emails later tonight for the 2AM emails I said I'd post + whoever is supposed to be getting an email later today, cheers.

Offline quanghuy1200

« Reply #1989 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 13:57:22 »
I will keep waiting for 480  :thumb: Thanks for everything jchan :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #1990 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 15:01:31 »
Hi,

Post 2 is updated with shipments from this morning's haul.

Please check your emails later tonight for the 2AM emails I said I'd post + whoever is supposed to be getting an email later today, cheers.

Thanks for the update on shipments and getting more of them out the door!

Offline Tally810

« Reply #1991 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 16:23:33 »
Rip still nada :/

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #1992 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 17:11:41 »
I can wait forever now that I know I safely got some Grand Budapest :)
Thank you jchan!

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #1993 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 17:21:30 »
Thank you jchan!

Snagged one from the pop up?  Nice!  It's a great set, I'm just not a fan of SA.

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #1994 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 17:53:54 »
Thank you jchan!

Snagged one from the pop up?  Nice!  It's a great set, I'm just not a fan of SA.
Aye! The only set better for rose gold than Plum imo

Offline HorrorStorm

« Reply #1995 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 09:06:33 »
I missed out on the GB and was so excited for R2 :(

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #1996 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 13:09:12 »
Thank you jchan!

Aye! The only set better for rose gold than Plum imo

GMK 9009 looks super good with it :p

Offline obviouslygene

« Reply #1997 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 16:16:00 »
finished building my m65a...but i was wondering where is the git repo for the jc65?

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #1998 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 16:23:26 »
finished building my m65a...but i was wondering where is the git repo for the jc65?
Look at the FAQ in the opening post please  :thumb:

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #1999 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 05:51:35 »

Its on QMK's official repo
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac