Author Topic: [IC]Maxkey Lime (GB live for EU and Taiwan,China)  (Read 45192 times)

Offline kingnestea

[IC]Maxkey Lime (GB live for EU and Taiwan,China)
« on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 05:56:39 »
GB is now live for EU and Taiwan,China!:https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=91208.0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated August 6th

The GB is now open on Taobao for ppl who are located in Asia.

For EU, I'll be collecting the orders through a Google form. All EU orders will be shipped straight to Belgium for distribution. The form will be open at the same time keyclack launches.

For US and CA, http://www.keyclack.com will be hosting this GB, they're having a issue of their payment API, it should be solved by next week and Lime will launch by then.

As of the last update regarding my last conversation with Maxkey. We are sharing the cost for fix molds because we requested more issues to be fixed than they were planned to.

~15 issues will be fixed including ESC/BACKSPACE/RETURN/SHIFT/CAPS/CTRL/ALT/F1/DELETE and some legend thickness of the alphas.

And Lime is gonna be made with glossy surface finish. Maxkey will provide 2 full sets to me and jchan for verification of colors/novelties/surface finish/fixed issues.

More details will be announced by the time keyclack launches.

Besides these, Maxkey is still in a process of adjusting their tooling, so there might be some minor changes of the basic layout to gain more compatibilities, but we don't know what's possible yet, neither do they.

The kit layout shown and used for GB is the least you will get, any improvement of compatibility will be bonus free of charge.  :) :) :)
---------------------------------

Updated July 28th,

After talking to jchan and Maxkey, I'm doing Lime with Maxkey, they promised to fix the current issues with their "Shif t" and "Back space" and some inconsistency problems and will provide samples for verification(Legends/colors/novelties etc) before production.

The artwork will be updated ASAP. It's a difficult decision but I hope this is gonna bring some change to Maxkey. 

GB is still set for early August.

Kit render:

175217-0

Updated July 25th,

This should be the finalized version of SA Lime, we're going to run it as a all-in-one kit and maybe additional ISO-kit as child deal.

the GB is coming on http://www.keyclack.com early August. Despite SP has raised their pricing this year, pricing for SA Lime should be similar to SA Camping.

More renders by Thesiscamper:

174394-1

174396-2

174380-3

174382-4

--------------------------------------------------
Updated July 21st,

After discussion with several friends, I think these novelties are finalized. Beside this, Lime might be coming on keyclack.com early August.

For the time being, this will be SP SA regardless their terrible queue and I'm thinking about making it as a all-in-one set like SA Camping to lower the price.

Please let me know what you think about these.

173832-5

------------------------------------------------

Updated July 14th,

After seeing the renders Oblotzky made with those 4 colors I've chosen, I decided to go custom for those 2 greys.

The lime colors remain VAT and VBQ of SP's color samples. 

I'll update this thread over the weekend with new renders and novelties.

Stay tuned if you like this set  :D

---------------------------------------------------

Hi, fellow Geekhackers,

It's been a while since Strong Spirit and Camping, and with this IC thread, I'd like to express an idea that I've been working on.

The theme of this set is gonna be "lime". Yeah, summer is coming.

so, for now, I just have some renders to show. The colors are chosen based on the color chip samples Melissa sent me.

There will be novelties, but they need to be finalized and if you have any suggestion, please feel free to reply/PM. I really appreciate that.

All future updates regarding specs and GB will be coming in this thread.

Cheers

169537-6

169539-7

169541-8

Renders by Thesiscamper.  :-*
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 August 2017, 15:20:18 by kingnestea »

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
Re: [IC]SA Lime
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 06:05:34 »
nice... good compeditor for mix and match with various sets :)

Offline Myan

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 06:06:01 »
awww, looks good!!

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 06:08:07 »
I like it! The idea of a green and refreshing keyset is nice :D Obviously one of the novelities should be a green on grey picture of a cut lime, one faced down and one on it's side, like those commercials. This set really reminds me of gin and tonic.

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 06:17:19 »
I like it! The idea of a green and refreshing keyset is nice :D Obviously one of the novelities should be a green on grey picture of a cut lime, one faced down and one on it's side, like those commercials. This set really reminds me of gin and tonic.

dude, you got it exactly right! A low contrast set that expresses the chilling and refreshing feel of summer is exactly what I wanted to do with this. And yes, a slice lime as novelty is checked.

Offline theillumedpanda

• Don't point that gun at me - I'm an unpaid intern!
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 07:43:07 »
I like the colour scheme a lot, nicely done! I think I'd buy that.

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 08:38:37 »
Problem is, SP will take ages and ages... Also, why not DSA? I don't like SA :( One thing we have to make sure of is that the legends don't become too light, like Chronicler.

Offline diqkiq

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 09:42:33 »
This would be perfect for the Mira in grey. I would buy one for sure

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Filco Majestouch TKL, Noppoo Choc Mini, Realforce 87 55g, Model M TKL, Ducky Shine 3 TKL, KC60, Planck.

Offline zslane

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 10:50:48 »
When did low contrast keycaps become a good thing?

Offline deeoh

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 12:15:46 »
Looks good! Any chance of alphas with the light grey, instead of white? Also, are you thinking board compatibility yet? Sculpted or uniform? Sorry for the barrage of questions, those are the things I'm looking for as a Planck/Atreus owner  :D

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 12:17:24 »
Problem is, SP will take ages and ages... Also, why not DSA? I don't like SA :( One thing we have to make sure of is that the legends don't become too light, like Chronicler.

I don't prefer DSA personally. Yeah, SP's backlog is painful. We're working on something else than SP SA. If it has to be SP, I hope that they fix their queue by the time this is ready

Offline zimo

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 12:21:23 »
What time to open the group, I want to buy! :thumb:

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 12:23:17 »
Looks good! Any chance of alphas with the light grey, instead of white? Also, are you thinking board compatibility yet? Sculpted or uniform? Sorry for the barrage of questions, those are the things I'm looking for as a Planck/Atreus owner  :D
The color I've picked for alphas currently is a pretty light grey. It'll be Sculpted, not really a fan of uniform. About child kits, I'm not decided yet. I think it pretty much depends on the intrest in China and the western.

If I have to focus on the Chinese community, I'd rather make this a all in one run, otherwise child kits will be provided.

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 12:26:35 »
by low contrast, I mean low contrast between alphas and modifiers

If that's what you mean, I guess it's a matter of personal preference?

Offline xyverz

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 14:34:42 »
I like it! I'm down for this whenever it's ready to go to production.

Offline Meowmeowmeowpow

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 15:45:32 »
I'm interested in the modifiers being the lime colour of the enter and escape keys.

Offline deeoh

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 19:01:28 »
The color I've picked for alphas currently is a pretty light grey. It'll be Sculpted, not really a fan of uniform. About child kits, I'm not decided yet. I think it pretty much depends on the intrest in China and the western.

If I have to focus on the Chinese community, I'd rather make this a all in one run, otherwise child kits will be provided.

:thumb:

Offline Tre3Cycl3S

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 19:53:54 »
This set looks really nice! I am definitely interested.

I know you are still thinking about child kits, but I would love to see a novelty key or two attached to this set, like say for the L/RGUI keys at least. Something like what PollandAkuma suggested:

will be perfect in my mind, especially the cut lime on it's side suggestion!
QFR           HHKB Pro-2     JD45         VE.A                    XMIT 61-Key       JD40 Mk.II                    Realforce 87U     M65-A                 Custom:Annie      NightFox      Pearl                  E6-V2 R2                          Norbaforce
MX Blue     45g Topre        MX Blue     R5 67g Zealios     50g Hall Effect     Modded Gateron Red     55g Topre           R5 78g Zealios     62g Ergo Grey     Hako True     R9 62g Zilent     Lubed Holy Trash Panda     OG Sony BKE Domes

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 20:44:32 »

When individual key use memory works above all else here.

Nice key-set and colour choice made with this design, haven't seen this done in an SA set just yet and I've bought and seen all sorts over these years.

Put this on MassDrop and watch the fanatics jump all over this one  :thumb: .

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 21:32:43 »
This is incredible, just incredible. So sleek. I normally don't even go for light colored keycaps, but this... this is god's work.
KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 22:36:33 »
This is a good looking concept. I think the contrast would be enough to end up more like SA Hyperfuse than SA Chronicler as far as legend readability. Though, I think it'd be important to double check renders with color samples. If this is made by SP (regardless of wait) I think I'd be in for a set.

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 23:53:25 »
It's very nice. Growing on me with each look. What profile are you thinking of for each row?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 01:08:10 »
This is pretty good, the more I look at it, the more I like it! Good job. :thumb:

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 01:16:08 »
This is a good looking concept. I think the contrast would be enough to end up more like SA Hyperfuse than SA Chronicler as far as legend readability. Though, I think it'd be important to double check renders with color samples. If this is made by SP (regardless of wait) I think I'd be in for a set.

true, that's why I've been waiting weeks to share the renders. I think I have chosen the right colors which pretty much match the renders. But I have to verify that with different lights.

I'll share the color codes and some pictures of the color chips I got from SP when I'm 100% sure. They do look slightly different than mashby's scan or those on pimpmykeyboard.com   

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 01:17:44 »
It's very nice. Growing on me with each look. What profile are you thinking of for each row?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tbd. sculpted for sure

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 06:05:48 »
I like the idea of a low contrast set once in a while among all the other colorful ones. And not only are your legends lime colored, but also the keys themselves limestone colored  :))

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 10:27:17 »
Definitely in! If this happens it would be my first SA set!

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 05:59:20 »
I just thought of another novelty! Maybe you could have a grey modifier with "bubbles" on it, like a circle with a grey inside.

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 06:23:42 »
I just thought of another novelty! Maybe you could have a grey modifier with "bubbles" on it, like a circle with a grey inside.

this and a mojito

Offline xorian

• A nondescript lurker
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 13:07:48 »
It's probably too much to hope for, but I would love this with a set of blank ErgoDox modifiers in a mix of the gray and green.

Offline aptivaboy

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 23:20:56 »
Like.

Where would this set be sold?

Offline diqkiq

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 04 June 2017, 16:21:15 »
Interested still

Filco Majestouch TKL, Noppoo Choc Mini, Realforce 87 55g, Model M TKL, Ducky Shine 3 TKL, KC60, Planck.

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 06 June 2017, 04:07:06 »

I like this idea  ;D

Offline TelFiRE

Re: [IC]SA Lime (updated color chip samples, June 6)
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 06 June 2017, 04:59:21 »
VAT is great. Which is good because afaik it's the only option from SP as far as lime goes.

Do you think maybe the greys are a bit lighter than the render?

Either way though excited to see this update. I'd love to know if mt3 is a possibility.

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 06 June 2017, 06:23:20 »
VAT is great. Which is good because afaik it's the only option from SP as far as lime goes.

Do you think maybe the greys are a bit lighter than the render?

Either way though excited to see this update. I'd love to know if mt3 is a possibility.

I'm open to any option right now, but it is hard to say if it's doable or not, because I don't have any collaboration with MD so far. And I don't want to start a conversation with them yet.

I'd like to finish the design first and when it's ready, I'll see what I can do about that.

« Reply #35 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 09:31:22 »
Still in for this! Any updates?

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #36 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 11:11:00 »

I'm finishing the kit renders and novelties, may update this thread over the weekend with those and some more renders

Offline diqkiq

« Reply #37 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 21:15:36 »
Cool. I'm glad this is still alive

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 04:16:54 »

I'm finishing the kit renders and novelties, may update this thread over the weekend with those and some more renders

Can't wait to see novelties :) Really hope this makes it to production!!

Offline Felion

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 04:47:48 »
Looks good!
FC660c|RF88UB|HHKB pro2 type-s|GH60 Satans|Model M|Novatouch Alu-Chassi, "type -s"|Whitefox|RSII|V60|Plum84|RC930-87|Ducky3|Minivan|Planck|GH60revC|Pok3r|MF68|Ducky Mini|and more|Likör47 - GeekHack KotM March 2017

Offline zeshon

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 13:42:47 »
Looks really nice!

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 01 July 2017, 00:44:10 »
I'd be interested. Just not for a few months. My wallet is mad at me. But I dig the look.

Offline Hazzula

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 06:47:33 »
Love how it reminds me of limewire! Is that what its based on? I tried looking for the inspiration for the colorway in the other replies but I didnt find anything

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 07:15:18 »
This set looks like it will be really awesome, I think I will jump on this one!  :thumb:

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 07:19:21 »
Definitely in with maxkeys. I'd opt out with signature plastics because I'm over waiting a year for a set.
keyboards.

Offline Hypocaffeinic

« Reply #45 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 11:28:02 »
Really love the look of this. Very refreshing! I'm also keen for a Maxkeys run rather than SP, I just cannot stand waiting so long with money tied up. MK sets are often cheaper too. :)

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #46 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 15:40:53 »
Really love the look of this. Very refreshing! I'm also keen for a Maxkeys run rather than SP, I just cannot stand waiting so long with money tied up. MK sets are often cheaper too. :)

Sadly I'd have to be out if it's Maxkeys, as much as I absolutely love the colors. Between still having to wait half a year anyway and SHIF T and worst of all BACK SPACE I just can't do it.

Offline 不高兴

« Reply #47 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 22:17:11 »
WOWOWOWOWOW, Its amazing!!! I love it! waiting for the drop!!!

Offline kingnestea

Re: [IC]SA Lime (updated July 21st)
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 06:11:27 »
bump updated July 21st

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #49 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 06:25:58 »

Sorry to let you down, I've tried bubbles and ice blocks as 2.25u novelty, but they turn out not that good looking :( They look good individually, but when Oblotzky put them on the renders, they looked less promising.